PDA

View Full Version : Hogg, Rankin & Nish

brog
17-01-2011, 11:43 AM
Based on many of the posts that used to appear on here these 3 guys were responsible for all the ills at ER. Well there's currently no sign of them & guess what, we're still keek! Perhaps surprisingly also, of the 4 league games we've won this season, Rankin & Hogg played in 3 & Nish in 2. Hogg of course scored both goals at home vs Killie & Rankin scored in our usual 3-0 win at Ibrox!
This post is not intended to say these 3 guys are great players, far from it but we need to recognise there's no easy solutions at ER & no quick turnaround is in sight either. Instead of constantly berating our own players we need to give encouragement, certainly where players, however limited, are giving their all. We need to stagger through this season, re-group & give our players & our manager financial & vocal support to move forward next season.

hibs0666
17-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Based on many of the posts that used to appear on here these 3 guys were responsible for all the ills at ER. Well there's currently no sign of them & guess what, we're still keek! Perhaps surprisingly also, of the 4 league games we've won this season, Rankin & Hogg played in 3 & Nish in 2. Hogg of course scored both goals at home vs Killie & Rankin scored in our usual 3-0 win at Ibrox!
This post is not intended to say these 3 guys are great players, far from it but we need to recognise there's no easy solutions at ER & no quick turnaround is in sight either. Instead of constantly berating our own players we need to give encouragement, certainly where players, however limited, are giving their all. We need to stagger through this season, re-group & give our players & our manager financial & vocal support to move forward next season.

These guys get it in the neck more than others as they are experienced pros who know what the club is about and who should be giving a lot more than they have been recently contributing.

In short, those guys have no excuses whatsoever for their utter pishness. :wink:

J-C
17-01-2011, 11:57 AM
These guys get it in the neck more than others as they are experienced pros who know what the club is about and who should be giving a lot more than they have been recently contributing.

In short, those guys have no excuses whatsoever for their utter pishness. :wink:

So the other experienced pro's like Riordan, Murray, Miller, McBride, De Graaf, Trakys, Hart, Dickoh, Bamba ( before he went ) don't shoulder as much resposibility at these 3 guys. The whole squad are simply not pulling their finger out, only an occasional display from our goalie keeps him slightly above the rest.

JimBHibees
17-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Personally would bring Rankin and Nish back for tomorrow night. Think we miss Rankin's energy in the middle and Nish has a reasonable scoring record against lower league teams and would probably fancy a game at Ayr having played for Kille for so long.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2011, 12:09 PM
I'd play Rankin every week until we get better in. I dont think he's very good, but imo he's less pish than Murray and DeGraff.

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Personally would bring Rankin and Nish back for tomorrow night. Think we miss Rankin's energy in the middle and Nish has a reasonable scoring record against lower league teams and would probably fancy a game at Ayr having played for Kille for so long.

I'll have what your drinking! :confused:

JimBHibees
17-01-2011, 01:00 PM
I'd play Rankin every week until we get better in. I dont think he's very good, but imo he's less pish than Murray and DeGraff.

Tend to agree and one thing he does have is fitness and energy something we have lacked in midfield for ages. He isnt the best player by a long chalk but you get 100% something that cant be assumed with others.

JimBHibees
17-01-2011, 01:04 PM
I'll have what your drinking! :confused:

Could it be any worse than what we are being served up at the moment. On Saturday we had Zemmama, Murray and De Graff in the middle you are lucky if you can muster a 90 mins between them.

As for up front could Nish be any worse than Saturday. Personally would play Nish, Duffy, with Deek left midfield tomorrow night.

Dunkin' Donut
17-01-2011, 03:23 PM
you know times are bad when people are calling for nish to get us past ayr

Golden Bear
17-01-2011, 03:32 PM

:agree:

There are degrees of pishiness and Rankin is at the lower end compared with others.

since90plustwo
17-01-2011, 05:50 PM
we need players with heart in that midfield, and rankin shows that. hes got one of the best attitudes in the team, shame hes pish but we could use someone who actually gives a damn.

ancient hibee
17-01-2011, 05:54 PM
The one thing all these players lack is composure.Can't make up my mind whether it's because of losing confidence or because of never having had composure.

heidtheba
17-01-2011, 06:10 PM
we need players with heart in that midfield, and rankin shows that. hes got one of the best attitudes in the team, shame hes pish but we could use someone who actually gives a damn.

I'd agree and I know I'm gonna get pelters for this but Hogg really is another I'd put in that category. I think we appear to have better alternatives for his position than for Rankin however.

Sergey
17-01-2011, 06:42 PM
It will be interesting to see where Hogg, Rankin & Nish end up after they depart Hibs.

I for one doubt that they'll find a team in the SPL, certainly one willing to give them a contract, and Nish has already knocked back China. Hogg might get a game for the likes of Accrington or Southend, and Rankin might make the Raith squad, but Hibs is there last decent pay-day.

RCNG
17-01-2011, 06:53 PM
The 3 players in th OP have all scored for us this season, must count for something in this debate!

brog
18-01-2011, 10:26 AM
I think there's only one thing that's certain & that is that abuse from the Hibs fans whether it's to these 3 or any other player does not help us improve our performances. Our travelling support is always better than our home support so hopefully we'll get behind them tonight & do the business!

Expecting Rain
18-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Confirmation that things have reached an all time low, the recall of Hogg,Rankin and Nish smacks of desperation, i`d rather turn to the likes of Booth, Taggart and Byrne, young as they are guys would be able to produce the basics and have the desire to be in the team.

hibby67
18-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Nish could do a job for us as a squad player if he got his confidence back........:tin hat:

Rankin is not the worse we have but is not the best but does have the energy that is missing at the moment...

Hogg has has his chance again good pro but just not god enough

H!BEE
18-01-2011, 02:29 PM
RANKIN is better than degraph.

everyone wishes nish was better than he is, he has had some good games but slagged off the fans in the press and thats been his downfall, he's in the top ten goal scorers of all time in the spl (think the stats are from 1998-now)

Hogg> has ended up being totally hopeless!

JimBHibees
18-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Confirmation that things have reached an all time low, the recall of Hogg,Rankin and Nish smacks of desperation, i`d rather turn to the likes of Booth, Taggart and Byrne, young as they are guys would be able to produce the basics and have the desire to be in the team.

I said Rankin and Nish not Hogg. :greengrin