PDA

View Full Version : Stevenson injured

JimBHibees
17-01-2011, 11:26 AM
http://www.footymad.net/storytext.asp?article=3565096

Didnt see this reported elsewhere apparently broke a bone in his foot.

smurf
17-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Shame. At least Lewis always gives 100%

Future17
17-01-2011, 11:29 AM

Shame. Would have liked to see him get a run in the team.

He appeared to be limping quite heavily after a challenge on Saturday. I remember thinking at the time that, although the Celtic player appeared to win the ball, it looked like he'd jumped in with his studs showing.

GreenPJ
17-01-2011, 11:35 AM
It was a short pass by Murray that left Stevenson stretching for the ball with the Celtic player in close attendance. Looked a sore one at the time. Hope he recovers quickly and gets enough time to prove himself one way or another with regard to a new contract.

JimBHibees
17-01-2011, 11:36 AM
Shame. At least Lewis always gives 100%

Yep he has the attitude we will need in abundance tomorrow night.

Winston Ingram
17-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Baws. He is one of the few that has been putting performances in. Hopefully we get him on a new deal asap

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Time for Booth to get his chance????

happiehibbie
17-01-2011, 12:21 PM
he is too small for me dont want to see anyone injured tho

flash
17-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Baws. He is one of the few that has been putting performances in. Hopefully we get him on a new deal asap

Sad to see him injured but a new deal!?

Sammy7nil
17-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Sad to see him injured but a new deal!?

I agree I like him but he lacks presence and longterm will not be the answer having said that we will miss him right now as he one of the few battlers in the team.

Billy Whizz
17-01-2011, 12:47 PM

Who else is there now apart from Ian Murray

GreenPJ
17-01-2011, 12:49 PM

Welsh

J-C
17-01-2011, 01:04 PM
We have plenty options, Hanlon can play there with Murray slotting into the back, or as said young Booth gets his chance, particularly as it's against Ayr, that might just happen.

Jim44
17-01-2011, 04:15 PM
We have plenty options, Hanlon can play there with Murray slotting into the back, or as said young Booth gets his chance, particularly as it's against Ayr, that might just happen.

Yes, we've got numbers in depth. :greengrin The only thing missing is quality.

Stevie Reid
17-01-2011, 04:22 PM

Don't see why not. From what I've heard about his attacking prowess it maybe worth putting Murray at LB and having Booth and Zemamma on the wings.

Dunbar Hibee
17-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Lewis has been one of our best players recently. He will be gutted as he was just starting to cement his position in the side.

down-the-slope
17-01-2011, 04:29 PM
It was a short pass by Murray that left Stevenson stretching for the ball with the Celtic player in close attendance. Looked a sore one at the time. Hope he recovers quickly and gets enough time to prove himself one way or another with regard to a new contract.

:agree: hospital ball...right infront of me and was a sore one...he was in pain. Fair play on him still trying to win it in the position Murray put him

jdships
17-01-2011, 09:09 PM

Sorry bur on the evidence of the past few matches Murray's best days are sadly behind him
Booth deserves ti get his chance surely

:flag:

Jones28
17-01-2011, 09:52 PM
He was doing well too, always gives 100% and engineered that run down the left on saturday.

Dont worry though, Liam Miller is back in the team...:rolleyes:

SmokieJoe
18-01-2011, 12:36 AM

Sad to hear, dont want any one injured, new contract? nope, he is not good enough along with so many others. 83 first team appearences and cant hold down a first team spot, as i said, not good enough.

sesoim
18-01-2011, 01:17 AM
I'm sorry if he is injured, but Stevenson was nowhere near good enough. He was overrated from the start, when he was made out to be a world beater after his decent but no more than that performance in the Cup Final.

I would maybe give Booth a chance now, although I really think we need to sign an experienced LB. Murray could play there temporarily, but that isn't ideal. As for Hanlon, sorry to be harsh, but he is even WORSE at LB than he is at CB.

CC needs to get his finger out and sort that defence with a couple of new signings.

Andy74
18-01-2011, 11:47 AM
The Evening News has Stevenson hoping to shake off a toe inury to play tonight? :confused:

Kaiser1962
18-01-2011, 04:36 PM
I'm sorry if he is injured, but Stevenson was nowhere near good enough. He was overrated from the start, when he was made out to be a world beater after his decent but no more than that performance in the Cup Final.

I would maybe give Booth a chance now, although I really think we need to sign an experienced LB. Murray could play there temporarily, but that isn't ideal. As for Hanlon, sorry to be harsh, but he is even WORSE at LB than he is at CB.

CC needs to get his finger out and sort that defence with a couple of new signings.

That is both harsh and unfair.

Dunbar Hibee
18-01-2011, 05:56 PM
The Evening News has Stevenson hoping to shake off a toe inury to play tonight? :confused:

Sky sports news says he has broke a bone in his foot and Miller will replace him.

Andy74
18-01-2011, 05:59 PM

He is worse at left back than he is at centre half though.

jdships
18-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Quote Originally Posted by sesoim

:thumbsup::agree:
As for Murray his best days are behind him no matter what position he is played :bye: