PDA

View Full Version : Gary Harkins

sadtom
16-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Sorry if its already on but just got a text saying we are about to sign him fae Dundee.
Anyone heard this? Came fae my D.U. supporting mate who lives in Jute central.

Booked4Being-Ugly
16-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Sorry if its already on but just got a text saying we are about to sign him fae Dundee.
Anyone heard this? Came fae my D.U. supporting mate who lives in Jute central.This rumor has already been posted on another thread. FWIW - my Dundee supporting brother in law rates him and says that he's their best player. He did mention he can 'go missing' during games but says it's probably down to the frustrations of Dundee's current plight. Says he would do a job in the SPL and would be a good signing! :aok:

hibbymark
16-01-2011, 08:46 PM
News of the screws reported today that hibs boss calderwood sees 26 year old harkins as the ideal addition to his struggling midfield and is poised to table a bid this week.

RickyS
16-01-2011, 08:53 PM
This rumor has already been posted on another thread. FWIW - my Dundee supporting brother in law rates him and says that he's their best player. He did mention he can 'go missing' during games but says it's probably down to the frustrations of Dundee's current plight. Says he would do a job in the SPL and would be a good signing! :aok:

I also have "Dee" supporting in-laws and they rate him as their best player but they said to me that where we are just now where we need players who will fight for the cause and give 110% for 90mins then he would be a let down. they also think he would make the step up with no problems and would continue to score goals from midfield

PapillonVert
16-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Hibs forward planning - getting ready for life in the 1st Division.

sadtom
16-01-2011, 09:15 PM
My mate said when d. utd played them that Harkins was the only one that he thought would do a job for utd. We could certainly do with signing someone.
We're the team plummeting fastest and the window is over a fortnight old yet all we've done in that time is lose our best player.

sesoim
16-01-2011, 10:49 PM

:greengrin I shouldn't laugh, but, that was my thought as well. I remember Jim Duffy used to like signing Dundee players and where did we end up?

Nothing against this player, he might well be worth a punt, but I think we are all hoping to hear about proven CBs and a CF joining us this week, not lower division players that would probably take a while to adjust to the SPL.

Billychaotic182
16-01-2011, 11:35 PM
He's good on FM:thumbsup:

J-C
16-01-2011, 11:38 PM

So Div 1 players aren't allowed to get better and play for bigger teams now eh!

Don't tell Ian Wright that. :wink:

Dr Jimmy
16-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Don't forget Dundee gave us our player of the year in1986.................Sir Albert Kidd.....:-)

Mango Man
17-01-2011, 01:03 AM
Keith Wright.:greengrin

smurf
17-01-2011, 01:39 AM
Colin Harris.

H!BEE
17-01-2011, 07:52 AM
LOL good on fitball manager, NAW HES NO!!!!!!

:flag:

CA: 108 PA: 118 > thats the same as john rankin. lol and worse than NISH!!! LOL

LMAO

bingo70
17-01-2011, 09:22 AM
Just had a look on the dundee mad forum and to a man there pretty worried/gutted about losing him which is promising if we are in for him, normally if players are linked with leaving there's at least a few painting a picture of them not being that good anyway.

ronaldo7
17-01-2011, 09:28 AM
This lad will be an Adams find. Young, strong, can pass and tackle. Good signing if we can get him.

Mon the Hibs

Reaper
17-01-2011, 09:37 AM
FFS not signed yet and already condemned by some.

bingo70
17-01-2011, 10:10 AM
This lad will be an Adams find. Young, strong, can pass and tackle. Good signing if we can get him.

Mon the Hibs

That was my intial thought as well but just checked his wiki page and noticed he was captain of Blackburn reserves when cc was managing down south so it's possible he'll remember him from then as well.

hibsforeurope
17-01-2011, 12:41 PM
So Div 1 players aren't allowed to get better and play for bigger teams now eh!

Don't tell Ian Wright that. :wink:

...and here was me thinking the much heralded Leigh Griffith played in the first division...obviously his potential signing would have been Hibs preparing for the 1st Division!

Postiga
17-01-2011, 02:18 PM
One of my mates is a Dee fan and a regular at Dens and he really raves about this guy. Never seen the lad play personally but Im sure Adams has seen quite a bit off this guy and done his homework on him from his Ross County days, so I would trust him on this one and try and get him.

HibbyAndy
17-01-2011, 02:20 PM
One of my mates is a Dee fan and a regular at Dens and he really raves about this guy. Never seen the lad play personally but Im sure Adams has seen quite a bit off this guy and done his homework on him from his Ross County days, so I would trust him on this one and try and get him.

Awrite Martin, No seen you for ages mate hope your doing well mate.

Simon70
17-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Surely this will only happen if Dundee exit administration?

They are barred from signing new players meantime and their squad is threadbare as it is.

JimBHibees
17-01-2011, 02:46 PM

They are barred from signing new players meantime and their squad is threadbare as it is.

Did they not just sell Griffiths to Wolves?

GreenPJ
17-01-2011, 02:46 PM

:confused: To exit administration they need cash therefore they need to sell.

nortonhibby
17-01-2011, 03:12 PM
:greengrin I shouldn't laugh, but, that was my thought as well. I remember Jim Duffy used to like signing Dundee players and where did we end up?

Nothing against this player, he might well be worth a punt, but I think we are all hoping to hear about proven CBs and a CF joining us this week, not lower division players that would probably take a while to adjust to the SPL.

Agreed i was hoping with CCs English contacts the new players we bring in are off English Championship Quality.

Spike Mandela
17-01-2011, 03:19 PM
FFS not signed yet and already condemned by some.

Why not, saves time:devil:

CallumLaidlaw
17-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Agreed i was hoping with CCs English contacts the new players we bring in are off English Championship Quality.

Would you take bauben, gomis, Craig Conway, Graham dorrans, Andy Webster at hibs?

Postiga
18-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Awrite Martin, No seen you for ages mate hope your doing well mate.

Awrite Andy, Things are good mate, yourself? Aye its been a while. I'll give Jamie a shout next time i'm heading through and ill come down to the boozer for a few jars.

HibbyAndy
18-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Awrite Andy, Things are good mate, yourself? Aye its been a while. I'll give Jamie a shout next time i'm heading through and ill come down to the boozer for a few jars.

Im good mate.

Aye get yersel through one weekend and we can all have a few beers :thumbsup::thumbsup:

scoopyboy
18-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Colin Harris.

A blast from the past Smurf.

The man was gash yet I have a few fond memories.

I think he scored at Ibrox in a rare 2-1 win when we were fighting relegation.

Am almost sure he scored in the 4-4 League Cup tie that led to the Pierce O'Leary penalty shoot out.

IWasThere2016
18-01-2011, 12:46 PM

Where have you been, M?

Hank Schrader
18-01-2011, 01:05 PM

Long time no speak Martin!! Still ever grateful for the Everton matchday programme you sent me.:aok: