PDA

View Full Version : Official Transfer Centre on hibs.net

hibs4eve
16-01-2011, 08:50 PM
For Rumours Sightings and Complete Transfers on any team

Ell_Chrisso
16-01-2011, 09:18 PM
About time there was just 1 big thread. Keep it all simple, instead of all the same pointless threads. Surely admin should be trying more to merge all of this.

Dont know how many iv seen to do with Deeks, Griffiths, Rooney in recent weeks

Cropley10
16-01-2011, 09:30 PM
We don't have an Obstacles smiley (yet):wink:

andyhibeefan15
16-01-2011, 09:34 PM
when are singing rooney:flag:and also i suggest ****y petrie gives us some money or it will be:taxifor petrie

Twiglet
16-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Just been reading on BBC rumours page that Dundee have been told they can get Griffiths back on loan if Wolves buy him, as long as they wait until the end of the season to collect the bulk of the transfer money.

The_Todd
16-01-2011, 10:09 PM
when are singing rooney:flag:and also i suggest ****y petrie gives us some money or it will be:taxifor petrie

Why would Petrie give us money?

andyhibeefan15
16-01-2011, 10:15 PM
because he has got it all dua:flag::notworthy:

persevere1875
16-01-2011, 10:31 PM
because he has got it all dua:flag::notworthy:

Intelligent and articulate :wink:

andyhibeefan15
16-01-2011, 10:40 PM
well need to sign some players like or we will be in deep trouble a say we should sign rooney before tue :flag::notworthy::casper:

Twiglet
16-01-2011, 10:41 PM
well need to sign some players like or we will be in deep trouble a say we should sign rooney before tue :flag::notworthy::casper:

Wouldn't matter if we signed Rooney before Tuesday or not, he's cup tied isn't he?

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-01-2011, 10:49 PM
signing him before the next time we play ict will do fine. If they beat us again I think they get to keep us.

Houchy
16-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Wouldn't matter if we signed Rooney before Tuesday or not, he's cup tied isn't he?

Wayne's not... Petrie, make it happen. I've heard that Messi's not too happy at Barca too:greengrin. Seriously, put in a £500,000 cash bid for templeton just for a laugh if we don't do anything else this window.

andyhibeefan15
16-01-2011, 10:53 PM
no he would be allowed to play:flag::notworthy:

Sammy7nil
16-01-2011, 11:35 PM
no he would be allowed to play:flag::notworthy:

No he would not Rooney scored in this round of the cup for ICT against Elgin.

andyhibeefan15
16-01-2011, 11:48 PM
:notworthy:ill but if he sings he can play because he isnt playing against his old club is he:flag:

Sammy7nil
16-01-2011, 11:55 PM
:notworthy:ill but if he sings he can play because he isnt playing against his old club is he:flag:

Okay Great Fishing and you caught me or your chapping .

SaulGoodman
17-01-2011, 12:13 AM
I don't care if he's cup tied or not, get him signed Asap :thumbsup:

andyhibeefan15
17-01-2011, 01:15 AM
u said it mate:flag::notworthy:

Niffy
17-01-2011, 08:24 AM
Better going for Brendan Rooney from Dunbar United.

IFONLY
17-01-2011, 08:35 AM

Couldnt give a monkeys if he can sing, want him to play football not chant in the stand.

Purehibee_MYB
17-01-2011, 10:48 AM
I just hope we sign someone decent this week!! Getting bored of those shirt stealers on the pitch...

Phil D. Rolls
17-01-2011, 10:52 AM

I saw Jimmy Calderwood arriving at Edinburgh airport yesterday.

bighairyfaeleith
17-01-2011, 11:31 AM
I saw Jimmy Calderwood arriving at Edinburgh airport yesterday.

You sure it wasn't the new tango vending machine?

eastmainsmsh
17-01-2011, 11:51 AM
We are an attractive proposition for players great stadium ,excellent training centre its just a pity Rodders is as tight as a sharks arse and thats watertight :wink:

squire
17-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Better going for Brendan Rooney from Dunbar United.

A legend for Aberdeen University FC! Definately Hibs class :notworthy:

TRIALIST
17-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Benji has been binned by Raja Casablanca after 2 days with the club, must have been something he said.
Mickey Stewart returning to Scotland under a cloud marked FAILURE, must have been sick at half time again. :agree:

happiehibbie
17-01-2011, 12:18 PM
The problem is we need more than one player and it will be difficult for any team never mind us to do these deals in the time left.

I fear we are in deep trouble a rudderless ship and sinking fast

and i have the cheek to call myself a happiehibbie lol

andyhibeefan15
17-01-2011, 12:20 PM
bring back ivan then murphy

Gettin' Auld
17-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Is he a good singer?

J-C
17-01-2011, 01:01 PM
bring back ivan then murphy

Ivan in a heart beat but Murphy had a good solid game yesterday, so no chance of him coming back soon.

the_ginger_hibee
17-01-2011, 01:03 PM
11:30 Eurosport: Esbjerg's Gunnar Heidar Thorvaldsson is to undergo a trial with Hibernian.

http://uk.yahoo.eurosport.com/football/chat.shtml?chatid=7c24b3b76e

Wiki Page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunnar_Hei%C3%B0ar_%C3%9Eorvaldsson)

andyhibeefan15
17-01-2011, 01:16 PM
how do u change ur avatir :hnet::flag::notworthy:

HibbyAndy
17-01-2011, 01:18 PM
how do u change ur avatir :hnet::flag::notworthy:

Easy :greengrin

andyhibeefan15
17-01-2011, 01:20 PM
tell how u do it:flag::notworthy:

HibbyAndy
17-01-2011, 01:23 PM
tell how u do it:flag::notworthy:

Click on 'forum actions' at the top of the page..Then 'edit profile' in the drop down menu then on the left hand side 'edit avatar'

:aok:

Hermit Crab
17-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Darren Bent to Aton Villa for 18m rising to 24m

andyhibeefan15
17-01-2011, 01:53 PM
cheeres pal:flag:

nickwhibs
17-01-2011, 02:15 PM
A legend for Aberdeen University FC! Definately Hibs class :notworthy:

Yep, absolute hero! Could walk into the Hibs defence. A leader on and off the park, and can take a mean free-kick. CC get him signed!

HibeeMG
17-01-2011, 02:38 PM
http://uk.yahoo.eurosport.com/football/chat.shtml?chatid=7c24b3b76e

Wiki Page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunnar_Hei%C3%B0ar_%C3%9Eorvaldsson)

The boy looks like he had a great start to his career but injuries have stopped him.

A good player to get in on trial though if it's true.

Hibee87
17-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Been informed that Adam Ronney, Willo Flood and Gary Harkins are done deals. Dont shoot the messenger just passing on from what I can only imagine is a decent source :wink:

Hermit Crab
17-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Been informed that Adam Ronney, Willo Flood and Gary Harkins are done deals. Dont shoot the messenger just passing on from what I can only imagine is a decent source :wink:

:pray: We will see though

JimBHibees
17-01-2011, 03:18 PM

when?

Wilson
17-01-2011, 03:19 PM

I'm still waiting on your deeks to Rangers rumour to pan out (still time) - that and the Trakys to get fit and look useful (no chance) :wink:

I'm not one for shooting the messenger but...
bang bang.

Diclonius
17-01-2011, 03:20 PM

All very good signings if true.

Don't jump the gun, but.

smurf
17-01-2011, 03:20 PM

I wonder where that came from.... so give us a clue!

Hibee87
17-01-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm still waiting on your deeks to Rangers rumour to pan out (still time) - that and the Trakys to get fit and look useful (no chance) :wink:

I'm not one for shooting the messenger but...
bang bang.

I said at the time the deeks one i didnt beleive either.

and the trakys one well.......... i said that after the motherwell game at E.R and the rangers game where a few on here said he was looking good it was a hopefull post but sadly i was mistaken.

This info I have been given though has come direct form someoen who used to work at E.R - cant say names etc for obvious reasons but I dont have any reason to doubt the man but we will see i guess I hope its true though :flag:

Wilson
17-01-2011, 03:34 PM
I said at the time the deeks one i didnt beleive either.

and the trakys one well.......... i said that after the motherwell game at E.R and the rangers game where a few on here said he was looking good it was a hopefull post but sadly i was mistaken.

This info I have been given though has come direct form someoen who used to work at E.R - cant say names etc for obvious reasons but I dont have any reason to doubt the man but we will see i guess I hope its true though :flag:

Fair enough. I hope it is true.

The noises coming from Calderwood point to our having trouble getting guys in. To go from that to making signings of this quality is a stretch as far as I can see.

However, you have a source and I have a gut feeling. 'mon the sources! :wink:

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2011, 03:38 PM

Well that didn't stay long on the PM board.

JimBHibees
17-01-2011, 03:48 PM

So is it reliable?

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2011, 03:50 PM
So is it reliable?

No idea?

JimBHibees
17-01-2011, 03:52 PM
No idea?

ok :greengrin

Hibee87
17-01-2011, 03:52 PM

Im not on the PM board and I doubt my source is but hey more news means it looks more likely :hnet:

Wee Scottie Dug
17-01-2011, 03:57 PM

How is his re-hab doing after his dislocated knee only 5 months ago??

Was listening to Calderwood being interviewed on Saturday on my way home from ER and he said that all last weeks deals had been progressing nicely but were all scuppered by the end of the week - he hoped that 1 or 2 would re-ignite but that was dependant on factors outwith his immediate control.

Heres hoping though ......

Wheat Hound
17-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Have heard a few whispers that deals for Rooney and Harkins could be in the pipeline but nothing about Flood. I take any deal for Flood is a loan?

gogsy23
17-01-2011, 06:34 PM
I heard the most ridiculous rumour that hernan crespo was going to be a short term signing for us.

I think it may be a yam at the wind up!!!:aok:

Hermit Crab
17-01-2011, 06:38 PM
I heard the most ridiculous rumour that hernan crespo was going to be a short term signing for us.

Someone is definitely pulling yer pisser on that one me thinks :tee hee:

jonny
17-01-2011, 08:02 PM

Oh if only......

snooky
17-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by Hibee87
Been informed that Adam Ronney, Willo Flood and Gary Harkins are done deals. Dont shoot the messenger just passing on from what I can only imagine is a decent source
Flood midfield? :wink:

hibby67
17-01-2011, 08:24 PM

:gun:

Aldo
17-01-2011, 08:34 PM

:faf:

Hermit Crab
17-01-2011, 10:11 PM
700k for Adam Rooney (allegedly). Heard the yams reportedly interested aswell. Loady pash i think. :rolleyes:

proud_and_green
17-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Yep, absolute hero! Could walk into the Hibs defence. A leader on and off the park, and can take a mean free-kick. CC get him signed!

To be fair there are very few payers that couldn't walk into the Hibs defence, then go through it and walk the ball into the net.

NOLA
17-01-2011, 10:18 PM
17 days in and nothing, quite worrying likes, lets leave it till the last day and see whos desperate for a game up here:wink:

ScottB
17-01-2011, 10:19 PM

Oh my god! :pray:

I wish haha I'd be straight down to ER to buy a strip with CRESPO across the back asap :greengrin

NOLA
17-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Have heard a few whispers that deals for Rooney and Harkins could be in the pipeline but nothing about Flood. I take any deal for Flood is a loan?

i think the willo flood rumour will turn out to be a wash out

HibbyKeith
17-01-2011, 10:33 PM
i think the willo flood rumour will turn out to be a wash out

:taxi ? :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Oh my god! :pray:

I wish haha I'd be straight down to ER to buy a strip with CRESPO across the back asap :greengrin

Please dont even joke about that rumour, the yams will be doubled up with laughter!

ScottB
17-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Please dont even joke about that rumour, the yams will be doubled up with laughter!

He was in every dream team / computer game side I ever assembled as a kid!

Leave me to dream :D

Speedway
18-01-2011, 12:45 AM
Thornhill's injury and reluctance to play in the SPL has put paid to at least one target.

Skanko79
18-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Looks like Rooney is on his way to Young Boys. In today's sun.

Pedantic_Hibee
18-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Looks like Rooney is on his way to Young Boys. In today's sun.

Makes a change from grannies I suppose.

Skanko79
18-01-2011, 09:00 AM
Makes a change from grannies I suppose.

:top marks

Graham Law
18-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Heard that Peterhead, Shotts & Barlinnie might be in for some boy from Dundee United????

Not sure who the player is but that would be a massive step down from the SPL ????

The_Todd
18-01-2011, 10:21 AM
700k for Adam Rooney (allegedly). Heard the yams reportedly interested aswell. Loady pash i think. :rolleyes:

That's not far off our record transfer fee paid. Won't happen.

we are hibs
18-01-2011, 10:26 AM
That's not far off our record transfer fee paid. Won't happen.

No new faces expected at Hearts
Hearts boss Jim Jefferies has admitted his side will have to continue their SPL challenge to the Old Firm without any January reinforcements. After meeting with club owner Vladimir Romanov, Jefferies said: "In terms of bringing players in, that will depend on whether a player we've maybe mentioned is available. If he's not, we're quite happy with the squad we've got. (Daily Mail)

An Leargaidh
18-01-2011, 10:30 AM
I've heard we've been promised two 'World Cup class' international players lol :rolleyes:

Next CC will be having to announce, "I wasn't looking to buy a forward anyway..." :greengrin

Deek01
18-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Gary Glen was at broxburns friendly with Linlithgow Rose last night :greengrin

khib70
18-01-2011, 10:55 AM

Hernan Crespo: OK. Love the training centre - nice ground. What are we talking for personal terms?

Rod Petrie: Three bawbees, a quarter of mixed boilings, and a shot of my big black swivel chair.

Hernan Crespo: Taxi!

:greengrin

TrickyNicky
18-01-2011, 11:02 AM

This is up there with Maradona to Dundee in the Bonetti days!

smurf
18-01-2011, 11:06 AM
No new faces expected at Hearts
Hearts boss Jim Jefferies has admitted his side will have to continue their SPL challenge to the Old Firm without any January reinforcements. After meeting with club owner Vladimir Romanov, Jefferies said: "In terms of bringing players in, that will depend on whether a player we've maybe mentioned is available. If he's not, we're quite happy with the squad we've got. (Daily Mail)

They've got a pretty strong squad and are in an entirely different place from us.

Their bench would all get a start in our team.

As would those in the stand if truth be told.

big-mo
18-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Toon youngster Phil Airey on loan, he could be in by the week-end.
He is a striker but only made one appearance for the toon in the cup defeat.

CyberSauzee
18-01-2011, 11:48 AM
CC talking about the 'failed' incomings:

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/I-will-get-this-right.6693805.jp?

The ever-impassive Calderwood could not help giving off the slightest air of frustration that his previous managerial success has not continued at Easter Road, and he has not been helped by the bad luck that saw at least three inward transfers halted last week.

"A couple of injuries happened to the two players we were talking to," said Calderwood, "and someone else got injured and that stopped a deal happening.

"It's not a money issue. We have progressed deals a little bit, so hopefully we can get something concluded. A little bit of freshening up will help. We have got to get improvement and we have to get the fans invigorated and this Cup tie might be something that helps to lift everyone."

J-C
18-01-2011, 12:00 PM

Must admit this doesn't inspire me, a youngster at 19 yrs old with 1 appearance and zero goals for his club, we have Byrne here that can match that. :confused:

Andy74
18-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Must admit this doesn't inspire me, a youngster at 19 yrs old with 1 appearance and zero goals for his club, we have Byrne here that can match that. :confused:

Perhaps that's where the comparisons end?

Airey can't get a game at Newcastle who are doing well in the EPL behind the likes of Carrol and Ameobie, Byrne can't get a game a Hibs who are fighting relegation from the SPL and is behind the likes of Nish and Trakys.

I'm all for giving our own young lads a chance but I'm also at the stage where I'd quite like us to score some goals and win games. If he's better than we have then bring him in.

GreenPJ
18-01-2011, 12:10 PM

Newcastle site suggests Motherwell is his destination.

J-C
18-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Perhaps that's where the comparisons end?

Airey can't get a game at Newcastle who are doing well in the EPL behind the likes of Carrol and Ameobie, Byrne can't get a game a Hibs who are fighting relegation from the SPL and is behind the likes of Nish and Trakys.

I'm all for giving our own young lads a chance but I'm also at the stage where I'd quite like us to score some goals and win games. If he's better than we have then bring him in.

CC will have worked with him, so I suppose he'll know what he can do, must admit I'll take anyone right now that's different from this lot.

J-C
18-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Newcastle site suggests Motherwell is his destination.

Hopefully the fact CC was at the Toon might persuade him otherwise :wink:

truehibernian
18-01-2011, 12:25 PM

Me neither I have to say. He sounds like a daytime TV chef with that name :greengrin

Can we not sign a midfielder called Knuckles McHurter or something.......does Matty Jack have a laddie ??

ScottB
18-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Hernan Crespo: OK. Love the training centre - nice ground. What are we talking for personal terms?

Rod Petrie: Three bawbees, a quarter of mixed boilings, and a shot of my big black swivel chair.

Hernan Crespo: Taxi!

:greengrin

How good would it be if he signed, and at the Press Conference Petrie just stuck his fingers up at the cameras and walked out :greengrin

Hibee Daz
18-01-2011, 12:47 PM
How good would be if he signed, and at the Press Conference Petrie just stuck his fingers up at the cameras and walked out :greengrin

I for one would never doubt our board again.:wink:

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Me neither I have to say. He sounds like a daytime TV chef with that name :greengrin

Can we not sign a midfielder called Knuckles McHurter or something.......does Matty Jack have a laddie ??

:faf::faf::top marks

BSEJVT
18-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Whilst right now I would accept just about any signing, I have to say that few of the names quoted inspire me.

Not because of who they are or where they came from, more because with the exception of Rooney they dont seem to address the failings I see in the side.

IMO we need 1 possibily 2 new fullbacks, 1 dirty ******* of a centre half, 2 centre midfielders, both of whom can tackle anything, run all day long and play simple passes to wide men.

We clearly need a stiker, but hopefully Rooney would address that.

I am not certain we need a Willo Flood type player right now and whilst Harkins can probably play football well enough, he isnt IMO the right type of player for the death or glory battles we are going to be facing.

Purehibee_MYB
18-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Well the BBC rumour that we were gonna get Jay Emmanuel Thomas on loan has been foiled now...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_6671788,00.html

Cropley10
18-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Whilst right now I would accept just about any signing, I have to say that few of the names quoted inspire me.

Not because of who they are or where they came from, more because with the exception of Rooney they dont seem to address the failings I see in the side.

IMO we need 1 possibily 2 new fullbacks, 1 dirty ******* of a centre half, 2 centre midfielders, both of whom can tackle anything, run all day long and play simple passes to wide men.

We clearly need a stiker, but hopefully Rooney would address that.

I am not certain we need a Willo Flood type player right now and whilst Harkins can probably play football well enough, he isnt IMO the right type of player for the death or glory battles we are going to be facing.

Worry not - these players will be coming in the Summer, once we've had the clear out.

Badge
18-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Worry not - these players will be coming in the Summer, once we've had the clear out.

Certainly hope so

sunshine1875
23-01-2011, 08:47 PM
BUMP!

That took me about 10 seconds to find!!!

iwasthere1972
23-01-2011, 08:52 PM
BUMP!

That took me about 10 seconds to find!!!

What kept you? :greengrin

sunshine1875
23-01-2011, 08:57 PM
What kept you? :greengrin

Would have been quicker but big Nishy phoned me. He was struggling with his crossword puzzle. Clue - four words, starting with G, something that strikers play for!

sunshine1875
23-01-2011, 09:27 PM
It could be an interesting week:cool2:

23 Jan 2011 20:54:19
Hibs Rumours
Joel Lynch is being eyed by Hibs with a view to bolstering their defensive options.

23 Jan 2011 20:40:41
Hibs Rumours
Please trust me on this Steven Thompson joining on a two year deal with Derek riordan going the other direction

club:burnley

In addition to (previously posted elsewhere):

23 Jan 2011 18:43:53
Hibs Rumours
Calderwood is looking to strengthen the spine of the team. He has signed a midfielder and we are looking at signing a czech keeper. Also look out for a striker and centre half coming in before the month ends. (Maybe rooney, although he is keeping his options open)

23 Jan 2011 18:10:01
Hibs Rumours
Heard that Mark Baxter, centre half from Cowdenbeath is set to sign for Hibernian before the end of the month.

22 Jan 2011 01:27:14
Hibs Rumours
Calderwood interested in Newcastle kid, Bradden Inman.

Broken Gnome
24-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Ryan Donaldson's signed for Hartlepool on loan.

aob4green
24-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Victor Palsson will come in on loan from Liverpool.

Wee Scottie Dug
24-01-2011, 09:44 PM
Victor Palsson will come in on loan from Liverpool.

Source ...... :cool2:

Hamish
25-01-2011, 07:20 AM
It could be an interesting week:cool2:

23 Jan 2011 20:54:19
Hibs Rumours
Joel Lynch is being eyed by Hibs with a view to bolstering their defensive options.

23 Jan 2011 20:40:41
Hibs Rumours
Please trust me on this Steven Thompson joining on a two year deal with Derek riordan going the other direction

club:burnley

In addition to (previously posted elsewhere):

23 Jan 2011 18:43:53
Hibs Rumours
Calderwood is looking to strengthen the spine of the team. He has signed a midfielder and we are looking at signing a czech keeper. Also look out for a striker and centre half coming in before the month ends. (Maybe rooney, although he is keeping his options open)

23 Jan 2011 18:10:01
Hibs Rumours
Heard that Mark Baxter, centre half from Cowdenbeath is set to sign for Hibernian before the end of the month.

22 Jan 2011 01:27:14
Hibs Rumours
Calderwood interested in Newcastle kid, Bradden Inman.

Beaky is a decent player, but would probably struggle in the SPL to be honest - been playing right back for Cowden when I saw him

James70
25-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Tom Elliott is apparently on trial at ER, 6'4" 20yr old former England youth international currently with Leeds and had loan spells at Bury, Macclesfield and Rotherham.

Could be one for the future but I couldn't see him being our saviour this season.

GloryGlory
25-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Tom Elliott is apparently on trial at ER, 6'4" 20yr old former England youth international currently with Leeds and had loan spells at Bury, Macclesfield and Rotherham.

Could be one for the future but I couldn't see him being our saviour this season.

Ermmm, doesn't sound too motivated:

On 16 July Elliott joined Rotherham United on a 6 month loan. Elliott provided two assists for strike partner Adam le Fondre in the 6-4 win against Cheltenham Town. After playing 4 games for Rotherham and so far failing to find the net, manager Ronnie Moore said that he might be sent back to Leeds saying "Paul Warne came on last weekend and was magnificent and he's 37 but runs round like a 2 year old while. Tom's 19 and runs around like a 40 year old. It drives me crackers really.[1]

Moore's critiscm of Elliott continued after the following game "I have told Tom that he has got to decide whether he wants to be a footballer or he wants to work in a bank. He is always injured and he will not play with any bit of pain so he has to grow up." Ronnie said. "It is decision time because sooner or later he is going to have to decide what direction he wants his football career to go. We can't get him to the fitness levels that we want and need him at. "He must have missed 40 training sessions so we are banging our heads against a brick wall. We want him to be fully fit and make him a better player. [2]

12 November 2010 Ronnie Moore again stated about Elliott's injury problems.[3]

Mind you, poor fitness levels, always injured, misses training - might fit right in at East Mains!!!! :greengrin :wink:

JimBHibees
25-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Ermmm, doesn't sound too motivated:

On 16 July Elliott joined Rotherham United on a 6 month loan. Elliott provided two assists for strike partner Adam le Fondre in the 6-4 win against Cheltenham Town. After playing 4 games for Rotherham and so far failing to find the net, manager Ronnie Moore said that he might be sent back to Leeds saying "Paul Warne came on last weekend and was magnificent and he's 37 but runs round like a 2 year old while. Tom's 19 and runs around like a 40 year old. It drives me crackers really.[1]

Moore's critiscm of Elliott continued after the following game "I have told Tom that he has got to decide whether he wants to be a footballer or he wants to work in a bank. He is always injured and he will not play with any bit of pain so he has to grow up." Ronnie said. "It is decision time because sooner or later he is going to have to decide what direction he wants his football career to go. We can't get him to the fitness levels that we want and need him at. "He must have missed 40 training sessions so we are banging our heads against a brick wall. We want him to be fully fit and make him a better player. [2]

12 November 2010 Ronnie Moore again stated about Elliott's injury problems.[3]

Mind you, poor fitness levels, always injured, misses training - might fit right in at East Mains!!!! :greengrin :wink:

Seems an incredibly harsh critique by Ronnie Moore however he is known as being pretty forthright in his opinions, I wonder how happy Leeds were of their player being spoken about like that.

Hamish
25-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Another Greggs rumour bites the dust - Adebayor signs for Real Madrid on loan

SteveHFC
26-01-2011, 12:57 AM
26 Jan 2011 00:18:40
Hibs Rumours
Hibs are currently bidding with Stoke and Fulham for Amari Morgan-Smith of Luton Town believed to be the next obafemi martins. He can play both wide and up front and will be a bargain at about 275k. I know this as I played with him at school and have recently talked to him about his future
Dave Screbb

Stevie Reid
27-01-2011, 10:24 AM
This guy would be a real physical presence up front, experienced too: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/9377456.stm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shefki_Kuqi

Stevie Reid
10-02-2011, 09:15 AM
This guy would be a real physical presence up front, experienced too: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/9377456.stm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shefki_Kuqi

Looks like he's off to Newcastle: -