PDA

View Full Version : Hibs fans travelling to the replay !!!! (Travel Issues)

Www1875hfc
16-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Hibs fans Thinking of travelling to Ayr on tuesday should consider leaving that wee tad earlier.
With the Wii Huns at Killie,and the big Huns at ibrox all on the same night.

Billy Whizz
16-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Hibs fans Thinking of travelling to Ayr on tuesday should consider leaving that wee tad earlier.

Coming from Edinburgh, I suggest you head via East Kilbride.

Albion Hibs
16-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Coming from Edinburgh, I suggest you head via East Kilbride.

Will be leaving straight from work so will be heading from Falkirk. Would def head via East Kilbride to avoid the weeg centre and the prospect of having to look at a bunch of huns worming there way to ibrox. May add 10 mins in time to journey, but that will easily be worked off by avoiding traffic, assuming of course more than 13,000 make there way to ibrox.

Lmc2105
16-01-2011, 08:57 PM

the 2 buses heading to ayr on tuesday night are well aware of the travel issues on tuesday and we have it all planned out,

so people that are booked with get there on time as planned :flag:

Hiber-nation
16-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Think I might be adventurous and go the A70. Queues on the M8 are just too painful to think about, should be ok coming back though.

BroxburnHibee
16-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Think I might be adventurous and go the A70. Queues on the M8 are just too painful to think about, should be ok coming back though.

Nah - pish road that. Turn off the M8 for Strathclyde Park follow the signs for East Kilbride then Eaglesham, right over the moor to join up with the M77 again. :thumbsup:

Got family in Ayr and used to drive that road a lot.

Hiber-nation
16-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Nah - pish road that. Turn off the M8 for Strathclyde Park follow the signs for East Kilbride then Eaglesham, right over the moor to join up with the M77 again. :thumbsup:

I usually go that way to Killie right enough. Suppose the A70 will be a right slog in the dark.

lucky
16-01-2011, 09:25 PM

I work in ayr a few times a year and that is by the quickest way. About 1 hour and 15 mins from Livingston.

BroxburnHibee
16-01-2011, 09:28 PM
I work in ayr a few times a year and that is by the quickest way. About 1 hour and 15 mins from Livingston.

I've done it in under an hour :wink:

Motorway is quicker when its quiet - say 2 in the morning :greengrin

Diclonius
16-01-2011, 09:47 PM
The scenario of getting beat in the cup and passing a Yam bus on the way back doesn't bear thinking about. :grr:

hibs0666
16-01-2011, 10:24 PM

No need to go over the moor these days - a dual carriageway now connects East Kilbride with the M77.

Keith_M
17-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Can I just say, Kudos to all those going to this game. You're all obviously better supporters than I am.

I hope it's worthwhile and have fun.

:wink:

Killiehibbie
17-01-2011, 10:40 AM
With the Wii Huns at Killie,and the big Huns at ibrox all on the same night.I don't think the 'huge' away support going to Rugby Park will cause too many tailbacks and you'll be travelling in the opposite direction to quite a few smelly, bigoted rangers *****.