PDA

View Full Version : SKY - Footballs Undertaker

down-the-slope
16-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Making a lot of cash while preparing for the impending funeral....

I was moaning on about ridiculous transfer fees and SKYs influence on the way football is going...and the cost of sat TV (been a long time since we had this)...

Mrs S was shocked when I said it was £40 + per month

Not as shocked as I was when I checked

To have all Channels & HD (movies / sport / entertainment / ESPN)

£71.25 a month :shocked::faint:

Surely just as fans are re-assesing whether paying to goto stadiums (particularly if guff is on offer) in such a tight financial situation a lot find themselves in...many will be ditching the dish

For a tiny bit of that you could go down the route pubs did and get a mega dish / receiver that picks up far flung sats that give loads for free...

And then the house built on the sand may be shown up for what it is...

lucky
16-01-2011, 07:04 PM
I agree something is going to give. Fans will not continue to do both. In the SPL fans are giving up on going to the games. Even in the EPL crowds are down. Even Man U are not selling out every week. Today 3 derbies back to back on TV compared to £28 watch Hibs v Celtic . Clubs do need to address the cost of games of more and more fans are going to watch on TV

Reaper
16-01-2011, 07:07 PM

I was moaning on about ridiculous transfer fees and SKYs influence on the way football is going...and the cost of sat TV (been a long time since we had this)...

Surely just as fans are re-assesing whether paying to goto stadiums (particularly if guff is on offer) in such a tight financial situation a lot find themselves in...many will be ditching the dish

For a tiny bit of that you could go down the route pubs did and get a mega dish / receiver that picks up far flung sats that give loads for free...

I have Sky HD full package, Broadband and Telephone all with SKY. I'm paying them not a kick in the arse off £100 a month and they've increased prices 3 times in 2010. I, like alot of folk will be reconsidering this and like you say, I think the bubble might be about to burst.

ronaldo7
16-01-2011, 07:17 PM
I have Sky HD full package, Broadband and Telephone all with SKY. I'm paying them not a kick in the arse off £100 a month and they've increased prices 3 times in 2010. I, like alot of folk will be reconsidering this and like you say, I think the bubble might be about to burst.

I was paying just over £60 a month for my Sky. Gave them a call to tell them I was cancelling and got a deal for 6 months at half price. Due another call in a few weeks:greengrin

down-the-slope
16-01-2011, 08:43 PM

:coffee: .....this is the wee man from SKY reading the contract to see how much more he can screw out you :greengrin

Antifa Hibs
16-01-2011, 08:51 PM
There's no danger of Sky matching their current deal for the EPL rights. The 4/5 pubs in Edinburgh I frequent have all now got Tring sports, pubs I visit on my travels to away matches etc are the same, then theres good old internet streaming, I watched the 3 games today in near TV quality which costs £30, shows all the major leagues, 3pm EPL games etc.

Used to have Sky Sports and Movies then binned it. Bit hypocritical me moaning like **** at the premier league and championship getting millions thrown at them when us up here get hee-haw, then me giving Murdoch the best the best part of a grand a year.

Sky Sports is poisinous!!!

HFC 0-7
16-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Dont know why everyone blames sky for the amount of money being thrown at football. Do you think SKY want to pay the silly amounts? There is a demand from the viewers to have football on their TV's and the Football league governing bodies in the EPL and SPL know this and they basically drive the price up, not SKY. I am pretty sure Murdock would prefer to pay a lot less for the rights to football matches.

H!BEE
17-01-2011, 08:59 AM
well cancel the sky sports and movies and sign up for 2 quid a month to FATBRUMMIES online streams!!!

or save yourself on sky sports and watch them here http://dovitv.net

and for you

spannish speakers check out http://dovytv.com

and dont forget to check out Myp2p

Ahhhh the internet who could live without it!!!!!!!!

You can thank me later :) hahahahahahahaha

:flag::flag::flag::flag:

khib70
17-01-2011, 09:45 AM
well cancel the sky sports and movies and sign up for 2 quid a month to FATBRUMMIES online streams!!!

or save yourself on sky sports and watch them here http://dovitv.net

and for you

spannish speakers check out http://dovytv.com

and dont forget to check out Myp2p

Ahhhh the internet who could live without it!!!!!!!!

You can thank me later :) hahahahahahahaha

:flag::flag::flag::flag:
Tsk tsk :rules:

I suspect an admin will be along in a minute to "thank" you

Reaper
17-01-2011, 09:50 AM
I was paying just over £60 a month for my Sky. Gave them a call to tell them I was cancelling and got a deal for 6 months at half price. Due another call in a few weeks:greengrin

yeah I've done that one too haha.

J-C
17-01-2011, 09:58 AM

I'm lucky, my lad works for Virgin so I get mates rates, Virgin + box( full package, no HD ), internet and phone for £75 a month. :greengrin

steviecarnie
17-01-2011, 10:14 AM
I'm lucky, my lad works for Virgin so I get mates rates, Virgin + box( full package, no HD ), internet and phone for £75 a month. :greengrin

mates rates??? ur getting bumped ive got all the above and only pay £68. thats XL Movies and Sports, internet and phone.

however the mrs is moaning about the price and i think im gonna have to sack Sky sports soon, ive got a boozer literally across the road and can always go up to the parents for the important games (Get home made scran too which is always a bonus)

J-C
17-01-2011, 10:18 AM
mates rates??? ur getting bumped ive got all the above and only pay £68. thats XL Movies and Sports, internet and phone.

I've an extra box for my daughters room. :wink:

Speedy
17-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Dont know why everyone blames sky for the amount of money being thrown at football. Do you think SKY want to pay the silly amounts? There is a demand from the viewers to have football on their TV's and the Football league governing bodies in the EPL and SPL know this and they basically drive the price up, not SKY. I am pretty sure Murdock would prefer to pay a lot less for the rights to football matches.

It isn't really the football league governing bodies though is it? It's the market, i.e. Sky and their competitors. If Sky was to offer £100k for the whole lot and no one offered anything then the governing bodies would take that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming Sky but it is the competition between Sky and whoever else that is driving the price up.

however the mrs is moaning about the price and i think im gonna have to sack Sky sports soon, ive got a boozer literally across the road and can always go up to the parents for the important games (Get home made scran too which is always a bonus)

I've found Virgin to be a bit like that. They offer you a deal, you think it's good then you find out that someone else is gettting it a tenner cheaper.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2011, 11:12 AM
I dont have sky anymore, i download any movie i want to watch months before sky get them. And they are dvd quality. Football on streams are getting so much better, and the choice of game is much better than sky offer. It may be illegal, but hey ho.

J-C
17-01-2011, 11:51 AM
It isn't really the football league governing bodies though is it? It's the market, i.e. Sky and their competitors. If Sky was to offer £100k for the whole lot and no one offered anything then the governing bodies would take that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming Sky but it is the competition between Sky and whoever else that is driving the price up.

I've found Virgin to be a bit like that. They offer you a deal, you think it's good then you find out that someone else is gettting it a tenner cheaper.

Mine's only dearer cause I have an extra box.