PDA

View Full Version : Dexter

Since1875
16-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Anyone on here seen it/watching it?

Brilliant in my opinion. First time iv ever been on the side of a serial killer!!!!

Santa got it for me and im half way through season 3 already. Season 4 has been purchased and is waiting to be viewed. No spoilers on this thread please!:worried:

Am i right in thinking that season 5 has started in the US? If so when is it going to be shown over here?

Speedy
16-01-2011, 10:51 PM
I've seen them all. They're brilliant. I'm not sure when season 5 is out over here but it's finished in the US.

AllyF
17-01-2011, 11:52 AM
My favourite TV show of all time. Nothing matches Dexter.

Season 4 is by far the best. You're going to love it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-01-2011, 10:10 PM
A bit far fetched, but, still good viewing.

steve75
18-01-2011, 09:41 AM
amazing show. iv seen all 5 series and my only gripe is 12 eps is not enough!

Speedy
18-01-2011, 12:50 PM
amazing show. iv seen all 5 series and my only gripe is 12 eps is not enough!

I'd agree. Particularly in the 5th season. Without going into spoilers. I thought it started very slowly and by then it was almost over. 18 eps would probably have been better.

Since1875
18-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Not the first time iv heard season 4 is meant to be very good.
Might watch some tonight as there's nothing else on at about 7:45pm on sky sports to that i feel like watching right now!!! :wink:

Sylar
18-01-2011, 03:05 PM
I do keep meaning to watch it.

My fiance always suggests that my mental balance is pretty similar to Dexter, so I'd like to see how maniacal I come across :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-01-2011, 08:14 PM
The guy that plays Dexter is a really good actor especially when compared to the contrasting role he plays in 6 feet under in which he is equally good!

Since1875
01-02-2011, 10:01 AM
I'd agree. Particularly in the 5th season. Without going into spoilers. I thought it started very slowly and by then it was almost over. 18 eps would probably have been better.

Has Season 5 been on or due to come on FX?
I've got about 4 to watch in season 4 and want to get straight in to it. I gather it will be shown on FX before the DVD comes out. To be honest i would like to just get the DVD as opposed to watching it on the box.

robinp
01-02-2011, 10:36 AM
I've watched Dexter since it launched in the US via the joys of bit-torrent. It's an immense show with a fantastic cast. Season 4 was probably the best so far closely followed by the Season 5.

The bad guy in each season is exceptional, especially Jonny Lee Miller in Season 5and John Lithgow in Season 4 who won an award (Golden Globe or Emmy I think) for his part.

I would also who heartedly reccomend the books, which are very very good and do differ quite a bit after book 2, most noatably Doaks (Dexters nemissis and colleague in the series) is a "walking vegetable" and Deb' discovers he's a 'good' serial killer.

In the books he also has a bit more of a sick sense of humour and there is a lot of the 'in the head dialogue to himself' which is always quite funny, alot more than on the TV show. I've got 50 pages of the most recent book to read, the author has some imagination. :cool2:

Speedy
01-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Has Season 5 been on or due to come on FX?
I've got about 4 to watch in season 4 and want to get straight in to it. I gather it will be shown on FX before the DVD comes out. To be honest i would like to just get the DVD as opposed to watching it on the box.

I'm not sure when it will be shown on FX over here but it was aired in the US a while ago. I watched it via the internet as it came out.

It'll be shown on telly over here before it's released on DVD(over here) I think.