PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Sundays Games

Hibs90
16-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Birmingham1-1Aston Villa currently on SS1HD.

Good game and how much do I miss David Murphy's first touch.:not worth

The police prescence around the pitch is far to over the top though. What a joke.

PISTOL1875
16-01-2011, 12:50 PM

The police prescence around the pitch is far to over the top though. What a joke.

Haven't you seen matches between these two in the past ???

Sir David Gray
16-01-2011, 12:52 PM

Perhaps the mass brawl that took place after the Carling Cup match between them last month might have something to do with that. :dunno:

1-1, full time

Sir David Gray
16-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Sunderland equalise in 93rd minute.

1-1.

Hibs90
16-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Forgot about that.

Some good viewing on MOTD2 tonight :agree:

steviecarnie
16-01-2011, 01:02 PM

or darryl murphy as both Andy and Jamie called him

Sir David Gray
16-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Merseyside derby about to start.

Come on Everton! :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
16-01-2011, 01:35 PM
1-0 Liverpool :grr:

Hibs90
16-01-2011, 01:37 PM
1-0 Liverpool :grr:

GIRUY :na na:

joe breezy
16-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Mon the toffees, primarily for betting reasons

Dashing Bob S
16-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Liverpool playing well, with verve and fire, a different side without Gerrard. Get rid of that liability for a few bob if there's anyone still daft enough to shell out a fee. The young right-back looks a player.

Iggy Pope
16-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Liverpool playing well, with verve and fire, a different side without Gerrard. Get rid of that liability for a few bob if there's anyone still daft enough to shell out a fee. The young right-back looks a player.

He certainly does. Tremendous at Old Trafford last week too.

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2011, 01:53 PM

Having Torres back to something like his best helps too. :agree:

Hibbie_Cameron
16-01-2011, 01:58 PM

1-1.

Disappointing, they done nothing for most of the second half but threw the kitchen sink at Newcastle in injury time

Sir David Gray
16-01-2011, 02:11 PM

Liverpool 1-1 Everton :thumbsup:

:greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
16-01-2011, 02:13 PM
My old boy's struck a couple of quid on 4 draws today;

Villa v Brum
Sunderland v Newcastle
Liverpool v Everton
Tottenham v Man U

Looking good so far.

Sir David Gray
16-01-2011, 02:16 PM
2-1 Everton, ya beauty! :thumbsup:

Wotherspiniesta
16-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Liverpool 1-2 Everton, Beckford :aok:

Sir David Gray
16-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Surely "King Kenny" won't start his second spell as manager with three defeats! :confused:

I thought he was meant to be the saviour that got them back on track and fighting for a place in the top six!

:faf:

Wotherspiniesta
16-01-2011, 02:24 PM
What a difference a good team talk can make. Everton look a different team this half. Credit to David Moyes :agree:

Hibs90
16-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Liverpool 1-1 Everton :thumbsup:

:greengrin

I'm no bothered. I don't really like either team :cool2:

Sir David Gray
16-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Penalty to Liverpool. :grr:

2-2, Kuyt. :bitchy:

Hibs90
16-01-2011, 02:32 PM
:na na::aok:

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2011, 02:38 PM

Villa v Brum
Sunderland v Newcastle
Liverpool v Everton
Tottenham v Man U

Looking good so far.

:agree:

Sir David Gray
16-01-2011, 02:59 PM
2-2, full time.

Ah well, at least they didn't win. :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
16-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Now it's time to watch the masters at work. :aok:

Tottenham v Manchester Utd kicks off in less than 10 minutes.

Wotherspiniesta
16-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Well done to Liverpool.

That's a good point.

Wotherspiniesta
16-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Man United have been getting through games without playing very well recently. They seem to be playing within themselves.

I have a sneaky feeling the pace of Spurs could scare Utd today.

Sir David Gray
16-01-2011, 03:13 PM
If Rooney had gone down there, that was a definite penalty. :boo hoo:

iwasthere1972
16-01-2011, 03:28 PM

1-1.

I just loved it when Mick Quinn was saying on SSN something along the lines of Newcastle doing the double over Sunderland (with a big grin on his face) when Gyan popped up and equalised. It was priceless. :agree:

Was hoping that Villa would beat Birmingham to shut that slavering Barry Fry up.

P.S. Got rid of my Sky Sports last week because Hibs are hardly ever on it. Lo and behold we're on next Tuesday.

Sir David Gray
16-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Rafael sent off, two yellows.

Very harsh second booking, hopefully that will put to bed any notion that people have of the referees being pro-Manchester Utd.

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2011, 04:44 PM

That was unlucky.

Judas Iscariot
16-01-2011, 04:46 PM
How bad are Manure?!

Cmon Spurs!!!!

Iggy Pope
16-01-2011, 04:51 PM
That was unlucky.

Definite trip, arms outstretched or not, from a player on a yellow. He could have got out of the way and for his reaction I would have red-carded him twice.
Had to go and Andy Gray remains an erse along with all of the other pro-Man U Sky team.

CB_NO3
16-01-2011, 04:53 PM
That was never a booking. A foul, yes, but not a booking.

H18sry
16-01-2011, 05:05 PM
:thumbsup:

Villa v Brum
Sunderland v Newcastle
Liverpool v Everton
Tottenham v Man U

Looking good so far.

greenlex
16-01-2011, 05:06 PM

Villa v Brum
Sunderland v Newcastle
Liverpool v Everton
Tottenham v Man U

Looking good so far.

Brilliant. Sky saying 180/1. Well done your auld man.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-01-2011, 05:12 PM
impressed with the way that Hutton played for Spurs. Almost like a wide right midfielder. Plenty energy to get box to box for 90 minutes.

Wotherspiniesta
16-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Definite trip, arms outstretched or not, from a player on a yellow. He could have got out of the way and for his reaction I would have red-carded him twice.
Had to go and Andy Gray remains an erse along with all of the other pro-Man U Sky team.

If that's a booking then most games will finish 8-a-side. Mike Dean is just a snivveling wee coward. Penalising Rooney for a shoulder to shoulder late on just about summed up how he thinks the game should be played.

rubber mal
16-01-2011, 05:16 PM

Villa v Brum
Sunderland v Newcastle
Liverpool v Everton
Tottenham v Man U

Looking good so far.

I had that too.:aok:

lapsedhibee
16-01-2011, 05:16 PM
If that's a booking then most games will finish 8-a-side. Mike Dean is just a snivveling wee coward. Penalising Rooney for a shoulder to shoulder late on just about summed up how he thinks the game should be played.

You manure fans are a riot when things don't go your way. 'Snivelling wee coward' ffs. :panic:

HH81
16-01-2011, 05:21 PM

Very harsh second booking, hopefully that will put to bed any notion that people have of the referees being pro-Manchester Utd.

:aok:

So why you a Manchester United fan again? :confused:

Sir David Gray
16-01-2011, 05:22 PM
:aok:

So why you a Manchester United fan again? :confused:

Eh?

You've lost me.

Wotherspiniesta
16-01-2011, 05:23 PM
You manure fans are a riot when things don't go your way. 'Snivelling wee coward' ffs. :panic:

Nothing to do with me being a Man United fan. I've got no complaints at all about the result.

6 bookings and a red card in a game that wasn't in any way dirty. MD has a history of flashing cards and if it was up to him, they'd be playing in slippers.

Pedantic_Hibee
16-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Brilliant. Sky saying 180/1. Well done your auld man.

Luckily for him, we're 429 miles apart so I cannae drink his winnings :wink:

PISTOL1875
16-01-2011, 05:26 PM

Soft 2nd yellow but why wasn't Vidic penilised for try to swap shirts with VDV in the box ???

The ref couldn't have had better view of the incident...

jonny
16-01-2011, 05:29 PM
impressed with the way that Hutton played for Spurs. Almost like a wide right midfielder. Plenty energy to get box to box for 90 minutes.

That'll be him dropped for the next Scotland game then.

Potter can't afford to have defenders with flair that like to go forward and play football.

Remember - we have to play within our means. :wink:

lapsedhibee
16-01-2011, 05:35 PM
6 bookings and a red card in a game that wasn't in any way dirty. MD has a history of flashing cards and if it was up to him, they'd be playing in slippers.

I think Rooney's a great player but he should be booked pretty much every single match for the relentless, snarling abuse he gives officials. Ditto Fletcher and Ferdinand when they don't like decisions. Stinking, whinging OF attitude, a good few of them - no idea why they get away with it, other than that they play for manure. :wink:

Wotherspiniesta
16-01-2011, 05:38 PM
I think Rooney's a great player but he should be booked pretty much every single match for the relentless, snarling abuse he gives officials. Ditto Fletcher and Ferdinand when they don't like decisions. Stinking, whinging OF attitude, a good few of them - no idea why they get away with it, other than that they play for manure. :wink:

You're not bitter or anything.

By the way, if that was Murray getting sent off for those 2 tackles would you be happy for our players to shake the referee's hand and say " jolly good decision" ?

Sir David Gray
16-01-2011, 05:47 PM

I actually agree with you, with regards to Rooney. The way that he speaks to referees, when he's not happy with a decision, is unacceptable.

He's not the only one though, and I don't just mean Fletcher and Ferdinand either. It is prevalent amongst many footballers these days.

Iggy Pope
16-01-2011, 05:59 PM

Or maybe 10 v 11 which was just about right in my opinion. Clear sending off, no question.

HibbyAndy
16-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Id send Rooney off just for being an ugly prick.Who does he think he is the way he talks to refs every week??

And yes it was a red card IMO.

Hibs Class
16-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Or maybe 10 v 11 which was just about right in my opinion. Clear sending off, no question.

Totally correct - Rafael knew what he was doing, and holding his arms outstretched whilst looking surprised in no ways exonerates him. Mike Dean is one of the better refs in England because he doesn't get fooled by such tactics.

HibbyAndy
16-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Totally correct - Rafael knew what he was doing, and holding his arms outstretched whilst looking surprised in no ways exonerates him. Mike Dean is one of the better refs in England because he doesn't get fooled by such tactics.

Correct.

Wotherspiniesta
16-01-2011, 06:47 PM

Id send Rooney off just for being an ugly prick.Who does he think he is the way he talks to refs every week??

And yes it was a red card IMO.

Seriously, If Ian Murray got sent off for those 2 fouls, would you find that acceptable?

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Surprised Ronaldo hasnae burst into tears in this game yet!

gorgie_harp
16-01-2011, 06:55 PM
How bad are Manure?!

Cmon Spurs!!!!

:faf::faf::faf: Who has beaten Manchester Utd this season? :na na::na na::na na::na na:

Iggy Pope
16-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Seriously, If Ian Murray got sent off for those 2 fouls, would you find that acceptable?

Irrelevant.

Red card. All day.

Hamish
16-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Surprised Ronaldo hasnae burst into tears in this game yet!

Liking the Almeria g/keepers jersey!

Hibs Class
16-01-2011, 07:01 PM

:confused: Thought it was fairly obvious I commented on the second yellow for which he was sent off, at which time he was already on a yellow card.

Wotherspiniesta
16-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Irrelevant.

Red card. All day.

How was it irrelevant?

Because its a team you like and a team you don't like? :confused:

Iggy Pope
16-01-2011, 07:08 PM
How was it irrelevant?

Because its a team you like and a team you don't like? :confused:

It's irrelevant because our game and their game don't compare.
And Ian Murray might have wallked for Rafael's first card.

Deserved sending off.

Wotherspiniesta
16-01-2011, 07:08 PM
:confused: Thought it was fairly obvious I commented on the second yellow for which he was sent off, at which time he was already on a yellow card.

Fair enough. I'll rephrase it for you:

If Ian Murray was on a yellow card and got a second yellow card for that tackle would you say the same thing?

Wotherspiniesta
16-01-2011, 07:12 PM
It's irrelevant because our game and their game don't compare.
And Ian Murray might have wallked for Rafael's first card.

Deserved sending off.

Eh? It was quite a simple question mate.

Hibs Class
16-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Fair enough. I'll rephrase it for you:

If Ian Murray was on a yellow card and got a second yellow card for that tackle would you say the same thing?

Yes. I often see players who are beaten for pace run across the back of the player who has got ahead of them, clip their ankles and then look hard done by, I see it as a foul, always have and always will. If Murray was to get away with it I may be relieved but by the laws of the game (of which I have a pretty sound understanding) I wouldn't have any complaint if he was booked for such an offence.

Iggy Pope
16-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Eh? It was quite a simple question mate.

I think I've answered it mate.

ac1
16-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Barca are having another masterclass!

Dunbar Hibee
16-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Never a red card.

nonshinyfinish
16-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Barca are having another masterclass!

These boys can play a bit. :agree:

ac1
16-01-2011, 07:25 PM
These boys can play a bit. :agree:

In my lifetime I don't think I have seen a side as good as them. Need to win a few more champions leagues to confirm it though.

Wotherspiniesta
16-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Yes. I often see players who are beaten for pace run across the back of the player who has got ahead of them, clip their ankles and then look hard done by, I see it as a foul, always have and always will. If Murray was to get away with it I may be relieved but by the laws of the game (of which I have a pretty sound understanding) I wouldn't have any complaint if he was booked for such an offence.

It just looked to me like a coming together. Sometimes a foul is just a foul, but Mike Dean has buckled under the pressure from the fans. He done it earlier on when he penalised Palacios for a foul. He took ages to produce a yellow and that was only because Rafael flashed an imaginary card in his face. If that was a Hibs player getting sent off for those 2 incidents, I, and most Hibs fans would be disgusted.

nonshinyfinish
16-01-2011, 07:29 PM
For the record, Rafael's second was never a booking.

Hibs Class
16-01-2011, 07:30 PM

For the record, the record says Rafael was booked :greengrin

Iggy Pope
16-01-2011, 07:31 PM
It just looked to me like a coming together. Sometimes a foul is just a foul, but Mike Dean has buckled under the pressure from the fans. He done it earlier on when he penalised Palacios for a foul. He took ages to produce a yellow and that was only because Rafael flashed an imaginary card in his face. If that was a Hibs player getting sent off for those 2 incidents, I, and most Hibs fans would be disgusted.

I must have missed this. How did Rafael stay on the pitch as long as he did?

And you posted earlier (see #44) that this referee has a history of flashing cards about? Maybe just as well he was taking ages about it today.
Don't think the boy could complain with 4 yellows today really, taking his behaviour, play and final dissent into account.

nonshinyfinish
16-01-2011, 07:38 PM
For the record, the record says Rafael was booked :greengrin

For the record, no one buys records any more. :na na:

Wotherspiniesta
16-01-2011, 07:45 PM
I must have missed this. How did Rafael stay on the pitch as long as he did?

And you posted earlier (see #44) that this referee has a history of flashing cards about? Maybe just as well he was taking ages about it today.
Don't think the boy could complain with 4 yellows today really, taking his behaviour, play and final dissent into account.

The first tackle he made, he won the ball. He was clearly pissed off about getting booked and was taken down after making a surging run by the same player who feigned injury to get him booked. So understandably he was raging. He should have been booked for waving the imaginary card though. The 2nd shouldnt have been a yellow card and he was rightly raging about that aswell.

Are you sure Rafael waving the imaginary card was all you missed? :cool2:

Iggy Pope
16-01-2011, 07:50 PM
The first tackle he made, he won the ball. He was clearly pissed off about getting booked and was taken down after making a surging run by the same player who feigned injury to get him booked. So understandably he was raging. He should have been booked for waving the imaginary card though. The 2nd shouldnt have been a yellow card and he was rightly raging about that aswell.

Are you sure Rafael waving the imaginary card was all you missed? :cool2:

He won the ball????? You're right I missed that too.

Understandably he was raging? Classic Man U righteous pish.

He was lucky to be on the park by his 2nd yellow and I think you realise this.

And have you made your mind up about whether Dean is card happy or too slow to card? I'm interested :cool2:

HH81
16-01-2011, 08:01 PM
:faf::faf::faf: Who has beaten FC Manchester Utd this season? :na na::na na::na na::na na:

Halifax Town...twice.

HH81
16-01-2011, 08:04 PM

Lies, it was 100% a booking as the ref booked him and he is in charge.

Wotherspiniesta
16-01-2011, 08:05 PM
He won the ball????? You're right I missed that too.

Understandably he was raging? Classic Man U righteous pish.

He was lucky to be on the park by his 2nd yellow and I think you realise this.

And have you made your mind up about whether Dean is card happy or too slow to card? I'm interested :cool2:

Yes, he did clearly take the ball. So you missed that. Understandably he was raging..emm yes. Like most players would be if they thought they had been wronged. Hardly grounds for " Man United righteous pish" more to do with a young player being caught up in the moment after getting harshly booked.

If you'd have sent him off before he recieved that 2nd yellow, then you'd be about as much good as a referee as an ashtray would be on a motorbike.

Dean is card happy. I think I made that perfectly clear. And I think he did aswell with the amount of cards he showed.

So, have you thought about how you'd feel if that was Murray getting booked for those two incidents, or are you still dodging the question? :cool2:

HH81
16-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Yes, he did clearly take the ball. So you missed that. Understandably he was raging..emm yes. Like most players would be if they thought they had been wronged. Hardly grounds for " Man United righteous pish" more to do with a young player being caught up in the moment after getting harshly booked.

If you'd have sent him off before he recieved that 2nd yellow, then you'd be about as much good as a referee as an ashtray would be on a motorbike.

Dean is card happy. I think I made that perfectly clear. And I think he did aswell with the amount of cards he showed.

So, have you thought about how you'd feel if that was Murray getting booked for those two incidents, or are you still dodging the question? :cool2:

Ok calm down, Hibs has a massive game Tuesday lets get some of this passion into that game. :rolleyes:

Wotherspiniesta
16-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Ok calm down, Hibs has a massive game Tuesday lets get some of this passion into that game. :rolleyes:

I'm 100 times more passionate about Hibs than I am about Man United :greengrin

:flag::flag::flag:

gorgie_harp
16-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Halifax Town...twice.

:wink:

Iggy Pope
16-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Nothing to do with me being a Man United fan. I've got no complaints at all about the result.

I've answered your question although it remains irrelevant.

You on the other hand have changed your mind in typical Man U 'supporter' fashion about the referee's handling of cautions and within the space of about 30 mins at that.

Definite red card.
Should have been two.
I am done with this.

Wotherspiniesta
16-01-2011, 08:29 PM
I've answered your question although it remains irrelevant.

You on the other hand have changed your mind in typical Man U 'supporter' fashion about the referee's handling of cautions and within the space of about 30 mins at that.

Definite red card.
Should have been two.
I am done with this.

What difference does it make how long he takes to produce the card? He's still card happy. :confused:

In the space of about 30 minutes? I see your grasp on time is about as good as your grasp on the rules of the game. :aok:

Tynie01011973
16-01-2011, 09:34 PM
and Andy Gray remains an erse along with all of the other pro-Man U Sky team.

Ehmm, which ones of the Sky commentating team are biased towards Man U ?

Most of them have connections to Liverpool/Arsenal/Everton - so if you actually take time to listen to their commentary - there are very few who actually seem to 'celebrate' when Man U score.

If you don't support a 'certain team' why are you so bothered about it ?

:cool2: