PDA

View Full Version : Worth a wee look at this big guy?

one day maybe...
16-01-2011, 10:56 AM
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/mathieu-manset/profil/spieler_78962.html

Caught his goal this morning on sky sports news, was cracking. Big strong guy still only 21, maybe the type of player worth a year or two contract. Just my opinion though, but seems to know where the net is. Anyone got any more info on him or watch lower English league games ie: Hereford
And before everyone goes on not Hibs standard, we only have one guy finding the net on a regular basis, and he seems to be heading out the door. Surely Hibs can find hungry young players willing to fight for that green jersey and develop thier own careers too.

J-C
16-01-2011, 10:59 AM
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/mathieu-manset/profil/spieler_78962.html

Caught his goal this morning on sky sports news, was cracking. Big strong guy still only 21, maybe the type of player worth a year or two contract. Just my opinion though, but seems to know where the net is. Anyone got any more info on him or watch lower English league games ie: Hereford
And before everyone goes on not Hibs standard, we only have one guy finding the net on a regular basis, and he seems to be heading out the door. Surely Hibs can find hungry young players willing to fight for that green jersey and develop thier own careers too.

I think we've been down this route before....Clayton Donaldson, no disrepect but unproven at a higher level, we need quality not another dud in the making.

one day maybe...
16-01-2011, 11:01 AM
I think we've been down this route before....Clayton Donaldson, no disrepect but unproven at a higher level, we need quality not another dud in the making.

Ah but did wee let big Clayton go too early. He is rattling the goals in this season 13/14 I think so far, out of contract this summer aswell. I never realised Hibs got £200,000 for him either back in 2008.

J-C
16-01-2011, 11:03 AM
Ah but did wee let big Clayton go too early. He is rattling the goals in this season 13/14 I think so far, out of contract this summer aswell. I never realised Hibs got £200,000 for him either back in 2008.

And where is Donaldson playing, in a division where he can score, not in the SPL where he and many others struggle.

one day maybe...
16-01-2011, 11:08 AM
And where is Donaldson playing, in a division where he can score, not in the SPL where he and many others struggle.

Aye the majority of our strikers struggle aswell. Not saying they are the answer, but sometimes if you take a wee look at these types players they might just bring you dividends. just my opinion though. Love to see A Rooney here but do you think we are going to get him. I think not.

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Aye the majority of our strikers struggle aswell. Not saying they are the answer, but sometimes if you take a wee look at these types players they might just bring you dividends. just my opinion though. Love to see A Rooney here but do you think we are going to get him. I think not.

As a team, we are not creating many chances, so it would need to be a pretty sharp striker to take one of the few chances available..... Yesterday was the prime example, apart from DW header in 1st minute, Galbraith's ruled out goal, Duffys flick, and a couple of set pieces, what did we actually create from open play?

one day maybe...
16-01-2011, 12:03 PM
As a team, we are not creating many chances, so it would need to be a pretty sharp striker to take one of the few chances available..... Yesterday was the prime example, apart from DW header in 1st minute, Galbraith's ruled out goal, Duffys flick, and a couple of set pieces, what did we actually create from open play?

True we are failing to create, infact we seem to be failing all over the park. I know things will improve and as a Hibs fan its just hard to take when we are down there and playing so badly. I hated being in ER the day we got relegated the last time, I hope we don't end up relegated again. Things are wrong at ER christ we know that, but lessons need to be learned from the last few seasons and getting back to developing and finding raw young talent along with supplimenting it with good honest steady professionals is the model we should always be looking at. By all means spend money but spend it wisely on good dependable professionals. not nightclub dancers with flashy lifestyles paid for by our club.
Anyway I suppose its part of being a Hibby. at least we are not carrying the debt that Hearts have around there neck, which will one day tighten around it.

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2011, 12:35 PM

Our midfield are sheite. Most of them cant do the very basics right, Murray and Degraff contribute nothing going forward at all, and Wotherspoon is way off form. Any team thats looking to score, needs the midfield to help the forwards, by either delivering them good ball, or good support, ours do none of that. Although in the midfields defense, thats quite hard when you only have 1 forward who's 9 stone wet through.

Crap players struggle to create or score, thats basically our problem in a nutshell.

J-C
16-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Our midfield are sheite. Most of them cant do the very basics right, Murray and Degraff contribute nothing going forward at all, and Wotherspoon is way off form. Any team thats looking to score, needs the midfield to help the forwards, by either delivering them good ball, or good support, ours do none of that. Although in the midfields defense, thats quite hard when you only have 1 forward who's 9 stone wet through.

Crap players struggle to create or score, thats basically our problem in a nutshell.

True Gary, strikers need a midfield that can provide, this midfield only produces waste material, when we were winning last season, our midfiled was decent until injury, loss of form and young players burning out put paid to that, unfortunately they've never recaptured any of that tiny wee bit form needed.