PDA

View Full Version : Question Season ticket renewals

1two
16-01-2011, 10:56 AM
We all know this is going to come about over the next few weeks / monthd so the board should be considering what to do now.

If prices are left as they are and there's no improvement on field, I'll not be renewing mine. I can turn up at 2pm and pick whatever seat I want so why bother parting with £400+ to go through that much misery every Saturday? If I never had a season ticket I could count a fair few games I wouldn't have bothered going to this season.

So what should be the new pricing structure and what incentives can hibs offer?

What about, introduce a new season ticket holder and get a 75% discount on both? Loyalty discount? Cheaper tickets for those renewing than new comers?
Hibs are still gaining and so are the punters.

Thoughts?

AFKA5814_Hibs
16-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Was talking about this yesterday and whatever the outcome this season, Hibs will have to think of a big incentive to buy a season ticket and I'm not talking about £10 off the next home top.

As you say, there will be so many seats with the new East Stand there is no need to rush into getting a season ticket next season or getting one at all.

KdyHby
16-01-2011, 11:04 AM
I've been paying up next season's season ticket and want my money back :brickwall

Hibeesb0unc3
16-01-2011, 11:06 AM
i will probably still buy one just need to convince my friends

oregonhibby
16-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Season Tickets provide a cash flow boost early in the season and there will be a number below which that would cause a problem. Too many season tickets actually reduce revenues as the walk up prices more than make up for reduced seasons - that is if the performances attract a walk up gate.

Again a chicken and egg thing. Too much discounting means less money for the manager for players. 16 players out of contract means 16 need signed and that will bring with it expense too.

bingo70
16-01-2011, 11:08 AM
We all know this is going to come about over the next few weeks / monthd so the board should be considering what to do now.

If prices are left as they are and there's no improvement on field, I'll not be renewing mine. I can turn up at 2pm and pick whatever seat I want so why bother parting with £400+ to go through that much misery every Saturday? If I never had a season ticket I could count a fair few games I wouldn't have bothered going to this season.

So what should be the new pricing structure and what incentives can hibs offer?

What about, introduce a new season ticket holder and get a 75% discount on both? Loyalty discount? Cheaper tickets for those renewing than new comers?
Hibs are still gaining and so are the punters.

Thoughts?

It's a tough one, as much as it's great to reward loyalty, the cheaper the ticket doesnt mean more fans as has been proven in the past, what brings in more fans is the entertainment on the park and to get that we need to spend money on the team, to spend money on the team we need income from the season tickets as we don't get much from the TV deals and we won't be selling anyone for money at any point soon.

In short i don't know, i don't want the prices to go down if that means we were to get even pisher but i'd grudge paying any more than i do at present.

1two
16-01-2011, 11:11 AM
i will probably still buy one just need to convince my friends

That's the loyalty which causes football fans to be financially exploited.
Worst bit is we all accept it, me being one.
however next season is different. The east stand doesn't have the same novelty factor about it. Your guaranteed a seat if you turn up at quarter to 3.
Plus the fact were still in a recession, even if that's not officially the case! People are less willing to throw there money around! If our chairman is the business man everyone on here believes, then he'll already know all this

sunshine1875
16-01-2011, 11:13 AM
I've been paying up next season's season ticket and want my money back :brickwall

How have you done that? Is that 3-year deal paid over ten months.

I have been paying this season's season ticket over ten months and at £52 per month for me and the two boys, it has not been too much bother. However, I will have to think seriously about next season and the thought of picking and choosing my games and my seat looks a more attractive offer with every game that passes. If I did not have the ST, I doubt that I would go to the Rangers game and even yesterday would have been better spent in the pub.

Like you said, I would need an incentive for me to continue with my season ticket renewal. Throwing in entry to the first home game in both cup games may be an option. Alternatively, if they allowed me to take another family member (who has not previously been a ST holder) I would even consider subjecting the female members of my family to the Hibs experience.

Keith_M
16-01-2011, 11:17 AM
I already had second thoughts about renewing my ST, as I've missed games because of work, but there's absolutely no chance I'd do so now.

Why would I pay nearly £400 to sit in misery every 2nd week watching that? The cruel fact is that I just don't enjoy it any more and have better things to do with my money. If there's the odd game I fancy, I'll just stump up the PATG price.

There'd need to be a big change on what's on offer every week for me to change my mind.

sahib
16-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Season Tickets provide a cash flow boost early in the season and there will be a number below which that would cause a problem. Too many season tickets actually reduce revenues as the walk up prices more than make up for reduced seasons - that is if the performances attract a walk up gate.

Again a chicken and egg thing. Too much discounting means less money for the manager for players. 16 players out of contract means 16 need signed and that will bring with it expense too.

Part of me can't help thinking that it is their own stupid fault.

lucky
16-01-2011, 11:21 AM
It all depends on what division we are in. No way will fans £400 plus

Hibbyradge
16-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Charge less, spend more.

You know it makes sense! :thumbsup:

Er...

1two
16-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Charge less, spend more.

You know it makes sense! :thumbsup:

Er...

So what do you think we should do?
Carry on as things are?

DH1875
16-01-2011, 12:06 PM
It all depends on what division we are in. No way will fans £400 plus

Yeh. I'm not trying to take the P but what if we are in the first DIV? How many renew then? and how much do you think Rod would drop the price.

mcfly
16-01-2011, 12:08 PM
when we were relegated the last time im sure the season ticket prices were the same.

sorry but im not paying £400 up front to watch 1st division dross.

the sad thing is reading these pages are a lot of fans have already accepted we wil be relegated.

we need to spend our way out of this problem and the board have 2 weeks to sort it or face the financial consequences of relegation and very angry fans

Hibbyradge
16-01-2011, 12:15 PM
So what do you think we should do?
Carry on as things are?

Yes, actually. We should hold our nerve.

The manager will get funds to improve the team within our present financial regime. All our managers have been backed financially.

In the summer, a whole bunch of players will leave and they will be replaced.

The amount we charge for season tickets will have no effect on the manager's ability to recognise a good player, to determine tactics or motivate the team.

Time and time again, it is proven that lower entry fees have little or no effect on numbers. Look at the Ayr game. £15 per adult and most folk couldn't be ersed going.

If the football and results improve, attendances will increase.

Reducing season ticket prices by 75% won't make folk go to games. There are season ticket holders who have stopped going and they've already paid.

Jack
16-01-2011, 12:26 PM
I’m still angry about the smoking, or non-smoking, situation and will not renew my season ticket, nor get one for my daughter (she doesn’t have one anyway as she can’t make every match but it could be different next season, who knows).

I get mine out of convenience as I miss a few games a season but it’s now getting to the stage where I’d have to question value. I live 10 minutes from the ground, its on my way home from work, buying single match tickets is not really an issue.

So I miss a few games, might not go to the ones my daughter misses, go to the pub to watch televised games (warmer and you can nip out for a ciggy), away on holiday, take a look out the window and think f that! There are plenty of reasons / excuses not to go.

Yeah I can put up with crap performances but once you add all the others things in as well for me it’s the smoking that has broke the camels back.

Hibbyradge
16-01-2011, 12:39 PM
it’s the smoking that has broke the camels back.[/FONT]

Cha-ching!

J-C
16-01-2011, 12:46 PM
My son has a season ticket at Man u also, he said he's thinking of not renewing his at ER, the Man U one is only just over £200 more, he gets a bus down for every game there for only £15.

1two
16-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Yes, actually. We should hold our nerve.

The manager will get funds to improve the team within our present financial regime. All our managers have been backed financially.

In the summer, a whole bunch of players will leave and they will be replaced.

The amount we charge for season tickets will have no effect on the manager's ability to recognise a good player, to determine tactics or motivate the team.

Time and time again, it is proven that lower entry fees have little or no effect on numbers. Look at the Ayr game. £15 per adult and most folk couldn't be ersed going.

If the football and results improve, attendances will increase.

Reducing season ticket prices by 75% won't make folk go to games. There are season ticket holders who have stopped going and they've already paid.

But you've just skipped past the point of this thread, if we just carry on the fans won't be there next year.

Reducing prices would convince me to renew, leaving them the same meaning you save next to nothing over a season just doesn't!

There has to be some point where it has to change, either reducing prices to get the fans back or investing in the team, getting a better product on the park and then waiting for the fans to come back.

Doing nothing will kill this club, just as leaving the spl as a 12 team uncompetitive league will kill Scottish football.

1two
16-01-2011, 12:49 PM
I’m still angry about the smoking, or non-smoking, situation and will not renew my season ticket, nor get one for my daughter (she doesn’t have one anyway as she can’t make every match but it could be different next season, who knows).

I get mine out of convenience as I miss a few games a season but it’s now getting to the stage where I’d have to question value. I live 10 minutes from the ground, its on my way home from work, buying single match tickets is not really an issue.

So I miss a few games, might not go to the ones my daughter misses, go to the pub to watch televised games (warmer and you can nip out for a ciggy), away on holiday, take a look out the window and think f that! There are plenty of reasons / excuses not to go.

Yeah I can put up with crap performances but once you add all the others things in as well for me it’s the smoking that has broke the camels back.

Not renewing because of no smoking laws is ridiculous IMO but each to there own!

EasterRoad4Ever
16-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Had a ST for last 20 years, but could not even be bothered to go to some of the matches this season under Hughes and now Calderwood - it is THAT bad.

Not a chance of me forking our £400+ up front for a ST next time. I'll pick my games, pick my stand, and pick my games. Petrie & Hibs have completely messed up and will feel the full effects of the 2010 spiral within the next few weeks when they come calling for more mugs to splash the cash on sub-standard players.

Jack
16-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Not renewing because of no smoking laws is ridiculous IMO but each to there own!

Without going into the smoking debate again Hibs have proven it can be done and IMO reduced costs on how they are operating the stewarding now. I can see no good reason why smoking cannot be reintroduced as it was for the first game of the season, IIRC our biggest crowd of the season, and to a lesser extent the second game.

I also gave the current smoking regulations as ‘the straw that broke the camels back’ not THE sole reason. It’s balancing all the pros and cons and for me that balance has been tipped into making the renewal of a season ticket not worthwhile. I know I'm not alone in thinking this way.

Saorsa
16-01-2011, 01:23 PM
At this moment in time my thinking on season ticket renewal only extends as far as I'll not be doing it.

sleeping giant
16-01-2011, 01:27 PM
At this moment in time my thinking on season ticket renewal only extends as far as I'll not be doing it.

:hilarious

I was looking through my old pm's and we had the same discussion about this last year:greengrin

Saorsa
16-01-2011, 01:31 PM
:hilarious

I was looking through my old pm's and we had the same discussion about this last year:greengrinI only had a half this season, if you still have those old PM's you'll ken why I decided tae by the half. :wink:

Dashing Bob S
16-01-2011, 01:34 PM
As things stand there's not a hope in hell of renewing my ST. In fact, I've become so gradually disillusioned with the general post Mowbray/CCS cup win circle of decline, it would take a fairly radical shift (not just talking about a few wins and climbing to safety) to make me reconsider.

And before anyone starts about me not being a good Hibby, i'll save you trouble and agree, yes I'm a bad Hibby, and getting steadily worse each week.

Hibby D
16-01-2011, 02:05 PM
As things stand there's not a hope in hell of renewing my ST. In fact, I've become so gradually disillusioned with the general post Mowbray/CCS cup win circle of decline, it would take a fairly radical shift (not just talking about a few wins and climbing to safety) to make me reconsider.

And before anyone starts about me not being a good Hibby, i'll save you trouble and agree, yes I'm a bad Hibby, and getting steadily worse each week.

Me too!

Good post :agree:

Pretty Boy
16-01-2011, 02:14 PM
The only reason i've bothered to get a season ticket the last couple of years is becuase it, almost, gurantees me tickets for Tynecastle, Ibrox and Celtc Park as well as tickets should we get to a semi final and/or final(:greengrin).

There are now so many empty seats at ER buyng a season ticket seems pointless because if you decide to walk up there is no way you won't get in, likewise if you decide to give the game a miss no wasted outlay. Demand for the grounds i mentioned is significantly reduced from what it was a few years back. And i don't think i need to worry about getting tickets for a final anytime soon.

On the other hand withdrawing the financial backing that a season ticket gives the club means further reduced revenue and a smaller pot of money for transfers and wages. I'll probably renew but it will be more out of habit than any genuine desire to continue going to games every week.

Sammy7nil
16-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Had a ST for last 20 years, but could not even be bothered to go to some of the matches this season under Hughes and now Calderwood - it is THAT bad.

Not a chance of me forking our £400+ up front for a ST next time. I'll pick my games, pick my stand, and pick my games. Petrie & Hibs have completely messed up and will feel the full effects of the 2010 spiral within the next few weeks when they come calling for more mugs to splash the cash on sub-standard players.

I know me and several mates are thinking the same. A golf club memebrship is looking good.

If you dont buy a season ticket the loss to the club will be massive I could not see me paying cash at the gate 20 times season (inc cup) on a season like this it would be more like 8 - 10 games. The loss to the club in revnue will be massive. The mareketing team need to get thinking creatively very quickly.

P.S. I have had a ST for what seems like for ever.

Hibbyradge
16-01-2011, 02:19 PM
I've put money on Hibs to get relegated.

It's a form of insurance.

If they go down, Skybet will be paying for my season ticket.

smurf
16-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Won't be renewing.

gorgie_harp
16-01-2011, 03:06 PM
No way wiill i be renewing my ST for next season,not a chance.:grr:

Removed
16-01-2011, 03:08 PM
I know me and several mates are thinking the same. A golf club memebrship is looking good.

If you dont buy a season ticket the loss to the club will be massive I could not see me paying cash at the gate 20 times season (inc cup) on a season like this it would be more like 8 - 10 games. The loss to the club in revnue will be massive. The mareketing team need to get thinking creatively very quickly.

P.S. I have had a ST for what seems like for ever.

My boys want to join a golf club instead of the football. That's what really saddens me as a parent and life long supporter.

Personally I could easily not go and spend the money I'd save on tyres and petrol for my bike in the summer instead. I know which option would give me more enjoyment at the moment.

Judas Iscariot
16-01-2011, 03:18 PM
As i said on the PM board, i'm 99% sure i wont be renewing!

Going back to playing Saturdays and training with them this week and I might even sign till the end of the season and i'll just give my ST away..

Football on offer is garbage and with no investment in the last year on the park it's getting worse!

At The Edge
16-01-2011, 03:22 PM
i'll be renewing, yes Hibs are utter mince just now, but come the summer and the clear out starts and new faces appear, the good times will return....:wink:

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2011, 03:33 PM
My son has a season ticket at Man u also, he said he's thinking of not renewing his at ER, the Man U one is only just over £200 more, he gets a bus down for every game there for only £15.

If he books the train on the trainline.com early enough, he can get that for a similar price. My train tickets are around the £12 mark return with the tickets sent to my home.

Alfred E Newman
16-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Only went yesterday because of my season. Unless there is a massive improvement I will not be renewing. The quality and entertainment are as bad as I can remember. Given that it now costs me almost £10 a time in petrol per home game on top of the season ticket price it is just not value for money.
I am not saying I will not be attending next season but can`t see me commiting to a season ticket.

Removed
16-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Only went yesterday because of my season. Unless there is a massive improvement I will not be renewing. The quality and entertainment are as bad as I can remember. Given that it now costs me almost £10 a time in petrol per home game on top of the season ticket price it is just not value for money.
I am not saying I will not be attending next season but can`t see me commiting to a season ticket.

:agree: when you add in the cost of fuel and food/drink it starts to become a very expensive day

markom127
16-01-2011, 04:42 PM
It should be half price for renewing season tickets in the same seat 25% off if you change and full price for newcomers unless they half had one previously. we need more fans to show up so reducing matchday tickets to about £12 for adults and £7 for kids

hibee_nation
16-01-2011, 05:06 PM
My boys want to join a golf club instead of the football. That's what really saddens me as a parent and life long supporter.

Personally I could easily not go and spend the money I'd save on tyres and petrol for my bike in the summer instead. I know which option would give me more enjoyment at the moment.

Get yourself a nice set of touring style battleaxes keep the revs to below 8000 to save fuel and get a ST you know it makes sense . :greengrin

Removed
16-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Get yourself a nice set of touring style battleaxes keep the revs to below 8000 to save fuel and get a ST you know it makes sense . :greengrin

No chance, that would be like dressing a supermodel in a boiler suit and spending the afternoon playing scrabble :greengrin

I'll stick to the BT16s and keep it spinning over 10k :thumbsup:

hibee_girl
16-01-2011, 05:48 PM
I've had my season ticket for 10 years now and I honestly can't see me giving it up no matter how bad things get for us.

Hibbyradge
16-01-2011, 06:07 PM
I love Hibs.

Thick and (usually) thin.

moggie
16-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Ive said a few times now i wont be renewing, i do slaver some p*sh though :wink:

Sammy7nil
16-01-2011, 06:13 PM
I love Hibs.

Thick and (usually) thin.

We all do D. But Gerry plays golf instead of going to ER, Al misses games regularly all the kids that had ST's with our crowd around 6 no longer go, they all loved hibs and probably still do. But the fell out of they habit and I think it will be hard to get it back.

Scouse Hibee
16-01-2011, 06:43 PM
I said after yesterday that I will not renew next season, though when the time comes to make the decision I will no doubt renew again! Dont miss the £51.00 a month for mine and the laddies tickets so if the same interest free option is offered I will probably stick with it.

PaulSmith
16-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Probably too premature to ask but if I had to make a choice between now and end if season then less than 10%.
Ask me again in the summer after a break, hopefully several quality signings and I might go for one again.

IberianHibernian
16-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Even if we were top of the league and scoring 7 goals a match there`d be more than enough seats to go round and club knew that when planning new stands in recent years . A lot of fans will renew but their relatives/pals won`t and there are always lots of walk up fans - solution ? Sell STs for parts of each stand which aren`t with specific seats so STHs and non STHs can sit together . Offers for walk up fans ( vouchers for 5 or 6 games a season that fans can choose for example - would be bought as presents as well as by regular walk uppers ) and more offers for away fans at category B matches ( 5 quid for Killie fans at ER and the same for us at Rugby Park ) . Am aware that there may be problems ( have to charge same for home and away fans , police objecting to unnumbered seats etc ? ) but nothing that can`t be solved . As an overseas fan , think club should do more to invite " distant " fans to help ( buy STs or walk up tickets for people that wouldn`t go otherwise etc ) - ironically all the semis and finals a few years ago made it difficult for club to guarantee tickets for non STHs who might have helped but times have changed ( not just at our club but also saturated TV coverage and economic situation ) .

3pm
16-01-2011, 07:59 PM
I'll be back regardless.

The pish times make the good ones all the better. This is rotten so understand anyone not renewing.

Antifa Hibs
16-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Didn't bother this season so no chance I will next season. There is ZERO incentive to buy a season ticket, before it worked out considerably cheaper, you got cup games, ticket priority etc. Now, £405 to see the likes of Hogg, Nish and Rankin, there's plenty seats to choose from, you'll get tickets for any away game no bother.

I havn't missed a game all season, and probably won't miss a game, no way am I stumping up £405 though.

If the board even consider a 1p increase on season ticket prices, they are alot thicker than I thought....

davehiby
16-01-2011, 09:00 PM

the times ive managed the trip on the bike to er this season has been the best part about the day...so what does that tell me

Removed
16-01-2011, 09:43 PM
the times ive managed the trip on the bike to er this season has been the best part about the day...so what does that tell me

Dinny bother going to the games and go for a blast instead :thumbsup: