PDA

View Full Version : ER Our Spritual Home - Ceased?

billbee
16-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Yeh! I Know, feel, and realize all the negatives of being a Hibby right now - in my 40 years supporting them its pretty dire - how do we right it - who knows - ? A bit hope would certainly go a long way to restore our faith in our great and proud club,
We are all hurting and its easy to see why we vent our feelings and anger at our players and board, :na na: mostly warranted.

so therefor IMO let me plant a wee seed that perhaps some of yous fellow Hibbys have noticed!

Has Easter Road stopped being our Spiritual Home ?

Since using the training centre at East Mains, Our so called wonderful 5 million investment, greatest training centre etc.... we have been garbage, The players only go now to ER on match days, gone is the days o hanging round hopping to get the odd autograph, or sneaking into the Swany to catch a glimpse o a player running roond the tracK! The managers and players seem to have detached from us, watched JR being hounded by a laddie for his signiture when he was warming up! nae chance, their heids are no for the working class fans anymore.
Hibs get back to your roots! get back into the schools! Show us you care for our community! Its cos we love you that we are hurting ! bring back the Cabbage we miss you...... Love from US ALL xxx

marinello59
16-01-2011, 10:21 AM
ER has been, is and always will be our 'home' A dire team will not change that. Trying to blame having decent training facilities etc for our current plight just doesn't make sense.

billbee
16-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Hi Marinello! Not really blaming that progress bud, just we seem to have detached :agree:

bingo70
16-01-2011, 10:26 AM
ER has been, is and always will be our 'home' A dire team will not change that. Trying to blame having decent training facilities etc for our current plight just doesn't make sense.

I think the OP has a fair point TBH, i think the fans do feel pretty detached from the players just now, whether thats to do with them training at east mains i'm not so sure but i know i'm fed up hearing about how much they're working hard and really enjoying training in the £5m state of the art training complex. All we've had with the last few managers is pussy footing around the players telling us all how great they are so maybe it is time for a different tact and maybe even stopping using the centre until they deserve it could be worth trying and might give them a bit of a kick up the erse.

marinello59
16-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Hi Marinello! Not really blaming that progress bud, just we seem to have detached :agree:

Fair enough.

Are we really more detached from the players than we have been in recent seasons? Performance on the park is all for me, I can't say I feel any great attachment otherwise. When players wages started to rise exponentially any feelings that they were 'one of us' changed anyway. As for approachability, my wee lad has never had problems getting autographs etc.

Alfred E Newman
16-01-2011, 10:41 AM
I think it is right to question why we have went into decline since the opening of East Mains. Whether it has anything to do with not training at ER I don`t know, I wouldn`t think so.
What is more concerning is the lack of young talent coming though that facility.
When we were running about in a minibus looking for somewhere to train we were attracting better youngsters.
Something is not right about the whole set up.

bingo70
16-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Fair enough.

Are we really more detached from the players than we have been in recent seasons? Performance on the park is all for me, I can't say I feel any great attachment otherwise. When players wages started to rise exponentially any feelings that they were 'one of us' changed anyway. As for approachability, my wee lad has never had problems getting autographs etc.

I've harped on about this a few times but did you not feel more attached when you had players in the team that really wanted to be there, when i think of players like ivan sproule, matty jack, frank sauzee, mixu and player like that i really got the feeling we were in it together, they felt part of the club and would do everything they could to win or improve us so i think the fans felt part of that team almost, who out the current lot can you relate to like that?

marinello59
16-01-2011, 10:44 AM
I've harped on about this a few times but did you not feel more attached when you had players in the team that really wanted to be there, when i think of players like ivan sproule, matty jack, frank sauzee, mixu and player like that i really got the feeling we were in it together, they felt part of the club and would do everything they could to win or improve us so i think the fans felt part of that team almost, who out the current lot can you relate to like that?

That's a good question. I'll think about that for a while. :agree:
What I would wonder is did the players you have named really want to be here more than the current squad or were they just much better players?

bingo70
16-01-2011, 10:49 AM
That's a good question. I'll think about that for a while. :agree:
What I would wonder is did the players you have named really want to be here more than the current squad or were they just much better players?

The reason i picked them in particular wasn't because of there ability but more to do with there attitudes when things were going against them, they'd have a bit fire in there belly and start booting some erses or in ivans case he'd want the ball more and more to try and make something happen, wouldn't always work but he never hid.

down the slope
16-01-2011, 11:20 AM
I jokingly said a while back that we should sell the training ground but maybe it's not such a bad idea , i think we are living above our means and East Mains is a drain on our finances so much so that we cannot afford the players it deserves if you get my drift. We should have invested in something like the Spartans have in an inner city environment that could be used by the community in partnership with us , i have always doubted the worth of the training ground as in winter the players have to train indoors that is if the players can actually access the place in adverse weather.

Wembley67
16-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Also there does not seem to be one player in that team that youngsters look upto. There has always been one inspirational figure and I don't mean captain wise but as in someone that the terracing will look upto...nae one in this current team.

billbee
16-01-2011, 11:29 AM
I noticed Killie had to find an indoor facility to train during the bad weather, whilst we were off (apparartly) yeh, East Mains with an indoor full size pitch would have been practical in its building - still we have a 5 a side barn, private chefs oh! and idvidual x boxes - Aye even Salvys could have suited us! GGTHH