PDA

View Full Version : This lot.....................

BroxburnHibee
16-01-2011, 05:41 AM
are slowly draining all the passion I had for Hibs.

After that 3rd went in the whole stadium died a death - absolutely terrible.

All these imposters need emptied - relegation beckons - cant see any other outcome.

H!BEE
16-01-2011, 06:00 AM
:flag:

We'll support you ever more,

We'll support you ever more

HIBERNIAN F@@K OFF MIDLOTHIAN

WE'LL SUPPORT YOU EVER MORE
:flag::flag:

We will sign at least one player, we got ZOOMA back, he will make a difference once fit, Deek will score at least another 10 goals this season, WE WILL PUMP HAMILTON on the 18th!

CALDERWOODS GREEN WHITE ARMY

1two
16-01-2011, 06:58 AM

We will sign at least one player, we got ZOOMA back, he will make a difference once fit, Deek will score at least another 10 goals this season, WE WILL PUMP HAMILTON on the 18th!

I'll have 2 of whatever your having!

H!BEE
16-01-2011, 07:18 AM
HAHAHAHAHA

:flag::flag::flag::flag:

virtualhibby
16-01-2011, 08:00 AM

All these imposters need emptied - relegation beckons - cant see any other outcome.

After 40 years following the mighty hibees, and as a season ticket holder for over half of that time, I decided towards the end of last season that I was going to have a break until yogi was gone....or I might never go back. I stopped watching, or listening out for games or results. People might criticise this, but you pays your money.....you can vote how you like. I could blame yogi, and if I was still going, I might now blame calderwood, but the root cause is Petrie. End of. Nice guy, well intentioned, but lacks an understanding of the bigger picture and how his good intentions but ultimately flawed approach to thinking 'business first, fitba second' are killing the club and driving people like me away,potentially for good. I decided to go see what I was missing against Dundee UTD the other week, and left thinking that there are teams I see at under 15 who I genuinely reckon could have beaten hibs that night.

In any other business Petrie would be gone for incompetence. The transport guy in Scotland got the bullet for being piss poor at his job over a 2 week period, Petrie has been killing hibs slowly over a much longer term. Someday soon, someone will wake up to the link between Petrie and the empty seats, or maybe he will do the decent thing and walk away and admit he has taken hibs as far as he can?

PS. My father and his father followed hibs, so did my son until we had enough. Owner what rod would make of that.

Aldo
16-01-2011, 08:08 AM
I was listening to the radio yesterday and Hughes was on slavering about quality and not quantity...FFS wake up and smell the coffee Hughes its your fault we are in this mess. Yes we could blame Petrie but Hughes and his scouting staff identified the players and Petrie tried to get them.

Hughes has a lot to answer for and the main question being WTF did he see in De Graff. Did he watch a dvd of him when he was 22. Holy ***** the guy is total and utter mince...cannae run, cannae tackle and frankly cannae do a lot.

We are in deep doo doo and i feel really sorry for CC and DA. I have every faith that they will turn this round however it is going to take them TIME. Bin the lot..and that includes Deek.

Barney McGrew
16-01-2011, 08:15 AM

I don't think you'll be alone in thinking that

The last time we went down we had a team that were full of pish poor players, but at least they knew they were pish poor and tried to made up for it by giving 100% effort every week.

There's far too many in the current XI's we put out that don't give a flying one. Barring one or two exceptions, I really couldn't care if they never wore a Hibs shirt ever again.

bingo70
16-01-2011, 08:28 AM
I don't think you'll be alone in thinking that

The last time we went down we had a team that were full of pish poor players, but at least they knew they were pish poor and tried to made up for it by giving 100% effort every week.

There's far too many in the current XI's we put out that don't give a flying one. Barring one or two exceptions, I really couldn't care if they never wore a Hibs shirt ever again.

Out of curiosity what one or two are they?

Normally Riordan would be one i'd want to keep, but the way we're setting up under CC i'm not convinced the way we'll be playing suits deeks so the impact he's making is minimal.

Hanlon, Galbraith and Wotherspoon have potential but they're not being consistant enough for me to be bothered if they were to leave.

Zemmama is class when on form but we don't get enough big games out of him.

Other than those the only one i'd be dissapointed to see leave is Mark Brown, don't really care his distribution is woefull as long as he's not chucking the ball into our net like our last bunch of donkeys between the sticks.

I really do think to get the fans back on side we need to bring in a couple of player who'd be fans favourites, not necessarily because of ability but for them to have the right attributes in that they'd have some fight about them to grab a game by the scruff of the neck or at least to appear to play with a smile on there face and appreciate being here. IMO the lack of players with those attributes is a huge contribution to the bad feeling that runs throughout the club just now, i don't think the fans like any of the players and i think because of that the feeling is mutual towards the fans from the players.

marinello59
16-01-2011, 08:31 AM

At least the fans stood it for three goals. The team died as soon as the penalty went in.

matty_f
16-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Out of curiosity what one or two are they?

Normally Riordan would be one i'd want to keep, but the way we're setting up under CC i'm not convinced the way we'll be playing suits deeks so the impact he's making is minimal.

Hanlon, Galbraith and Wotherspoon have potential but they're not being consistant enough for me to be bothered if they were to leave.

Zemmama is class when on form but we don't get enough big games out of him.

Other than those the only one i'd be dissapointed to see leave is Mark Brown, don't really care his distribution is woefull as long as he's not chucking the ball into our net like our last bunch of donkeys between the sticks.

I really do think to get the fans back on side we need to bring in a couple of player who'd be fans favourites, not necessarily because of ability but for them to have the right attributes in that they'd have some fight about them to grab a game by the scruff of the neck or at least to appear to play with a smile on there face and appreciate being here. IMO the lack of players with those attributes is a huge contribution to the bad feeling that runs throughout the club just now, i don't think the fans like any of the players and i think because of that the feeling is mutual towards the fans from the players.

I reckon Hanlon, Wotherspoon and Galbraith would all flourish if we had players round about them good enough to carry them when they weren't having a good game. At the moment, any mistakes that they make are getting punished, and that is why, IMHO, we're not appearing to get much consistency out of them (though I'd say Hanlon has been consistent).

We probably need about 6 or 7 minimum of our first 11 to be relied upon to put a good performance in on a regular basis. I don't think we've got anyone that is in-form just now, and that's why we are struggling so much.

Calderwood could do worse than deciding that he's got a core 7 players and working with them to bring their confidence and form up to a degree where they are producing every game, then fill the other places with players who can make a difference when they're doing well (Riordan, Zouma, Galbraith etc).

Barney McGrew
16-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Out of curiosity what one or two are they?.

Mark Brown - the first decent quality keeper we've had for yonks.

Paul Hanlon - showed yesterday that he is a class act, and with an older head beside him to help develop him he'll be a very, very good CH IMO

David Wotherspoon - things aren't going well for him just now, and yesterday was probably his poorest game in a Hibs shirt. But despite that, he never stopped giving 100% until he came off and never once hid. He's undoubtedly got talent, he's just clearly got no confidence whatsoever at the moment.

Calum Booth - one for the future

Couldn't give a monkeys about any of the rest of them.

BroxburnHibee
16-01-2011, 08:43 AM

Paul Hanlon - showed yesterday that he is a class act, and with an older head beside him to help develop him he'll be a very, very good CH IMO

David Wotherspoon - things aren't going well for him just now, and yesterday was probably his poorest game in a Hibs shirt. But despite that, he never stopped giving 100% until he came off and never once hid. He's undoubtedly got talent, he's just clearly got no confidence whatsoever at the moment.

:agree:

jonny
16-01-2011, 08:44 AM
I was listening to the radio yesterday and Hughes was on slavering about quality and not quantity...FFS wake up and smell the coffee Hughes its your fault we are in this mess. Yes we could blame Petrie but Hughes and his scouting staff identified the players and Petrie tried to get them.

Hughes has a lot to answer for and the main question being WTF did he see in De Graff. Did he watch a dvd of him when he was 22. Holy ***** the guy is total and utter mince...cannae run, cannae tackle and frankly cannae do a lot.

We are in deep doo doo and i feel really sorry for CC and DA. I have every faith that they will turn this round however it is going to take them TIME. Bin the lot..and that includes Deek.

:top marks:agree:

Agree with 100% of this post. For me the blame lies with Hughes.

Hughes signings - Stack, Smith, Brown, Hart, Stephens, Dickoh, Grounds, Cregg, McBride, Galbraith, Miller, De Graff, Duffy, Trakys, Stokes, Gow.

For me Stokes and Brown are the only 2 that really improved the team. IMO Dickoh is decent but is no better than what we already had. It could be argued that Miller brings extra quality but he goes missing far too much.

Galbraith and Stephens are still prospects and Duffy hasn't had a real chance yet but out of 16 players only 2, perhaps 3 - and 4 at a real push have made any sort of impact. Thats at least 12 players who thus far have offered little or nothing to what we have.

I cant see how people are blaming the board, it's up to the manager who we bring in and release. The board backed Hughes by allowing him to bring in 16 players - thats an entire Saturday afternoon squad!

virtualhibby
16-01-2011, 08:47 AM

De Graff has not been great for Hibs, but he gets into a lot of great positions....he just can't finish.

Hughes takes a lot of Blame, but who kept him in the job way beyond when everyone could see he was not the right manager??

A stand out game for me was 17th Feb in Perth 5-1. Hibs had declined from being best of the rest to being regularly quite crap. Before the match started Hibs fans were concerned about the line up at the back....we started leaking goals from the off and Hughes showed he did not have a clue how or when to change the formation.....

It never got any better and we binned him in October. October!!! We should have binned him in Feb!

Your right, he got too much time, and brought in too many iffy players.....but was backed too long my RP. And at the same time Petrie is taking money out of the team and investing in the 4th stand we won't need! Hullo! TAXI for Petrie!!!

If Hibs go down (and I really think they will) and in doing so we get rid of Petrie and bring in someone who can drive better results from the manager & get fans back.....I'd take that today. And I, probably like many others would turn up to support them again.

ronaldo7
16-01-2011, 08:51 AM

Decent quality keepers can kick a ball out from the back, and keep it on the pitch. All his other attributes are good, but he needs to work on his distribution imo

CallumLaidlaw
16-01-2011, 09:06 AM

100% agree with all 3 statements. I wanted to leave at the 2nd, but stayed until the 3rd. Never been so disinterested in my life. Said this on a post on the PM board last week after Ayr.

My dad is 62, and has been a regular since the 50's and many a time after games in the last 15 years, I've come away saying, how terrible the team is. My dad has always come back with "I've watched worse teams than this". I asked him last week if he'd still seen worse teams than this, and his honest answer was no, this was the worst hibs squad he'd seen

PaulSmith
16-01-2011, 09:09 AM
100% agree with all 3 statements. I wanted to leave at the 2nd, but stayed until the 3rd. Never been so disinterested in my life. Said this on a post on the PM board last week after Ayr.

My dad is 62, and has been a regular since the 50's and many a time after games in the last 15 years, I've come away saying, how terrible the team is. My dad has always come back with "I've watched worse teams than this". I asked him last week if he'd still seen worse teams than this, and his honest answer was no, this was the worst hibs squad he'd seen

I blame you for writing a letter to Rod Petrie suggesting that he signs players like John Rankin...remember it? :greengrin

virtualhibby
16-01-2011, 09:16 AM

I can't help but think back to what might have happened if we had taken the whole under19 Squad that did so well in 2009 and promoted them all to the first team. They had a taste of sucess, were a formidable unit, had confidence and a swagger.....

PaulSmith
16-01-2011, 09:24 AM
I can't help but think back to what might have happened if we had taken the whole under19 Squad that did so well in 2009 and promoted them all to the first team. They had a taste of sucess, were a formidable unit, had confidence and a swagger.....

We would've been relegated last season.

CallumLaidlaw
16-01-2011, 09:30 AM
I blame you for writing a letter to Rod Petrie suggesting that he signs players like John Rankin...remember it? :greengrin

WOW :cool2: You have some memory. I had a vague memory of that when you wrote that, so had a look. That was 3 years ago!! I didnt say Rankin :na na:
BUT, horrifically, I did include Hart, Nish and Black :hide:

Here is part of it -

There are a number of players that Hibs fans would LOVE to see at Easter Road, currently playing in the SPL, who would probably jump at the chance to come to Hibs but we simply won't (not can't) compete financially. Players like Barry Robson, Noel Hunt and Grzegorz Szamotulski from Dundee Utd, Stephen Hughes and Ross McCormack from Motherwell, Michael Hart, Lee Miller and Scott Severin from Aberdeen, Colin Nish from Kilmarnock, Ian Black from Inverness, and the list goes on.

virtualhibby
16-01-2011, 09:41 AM
We would've been relegated last season.

You could be right. I am a dreamer and need to get back to reality and join you. I can't wait for another season of watching hibs die a slow death. Right I am so depressed now I am looking forward to going out to look for a new bathroom with the missus. Do you see how bad it's become.

smurf
16-01-2011, 03:05 PM
The fans stayed with that game longer than the players did.

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2011, 03:15 PM
De Graff has not been great for Hibs, but he gets into a lot of great positions....he just can't finish.

Correct. .And he just cant tackle, he just cant run, he just cant pass and he's just never a player either.

Toaods
16-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Correct. .And he just cant tackle, he just cant run, he just cant pass and he's just never a player either.

can't challenge in the air either, see the one yesterday where he never even looked at a winable ball just the opponent...jumped, threw his arms out and shut his eyes.

H!BEE
17-01-2011, 08:19 AM
virtualhibby> "De Graff has not been great for Hibs, but he gets into a lot of great positions....he just can't finish."

ARE YOU DEGRAPH IN DISGUISE?

lol

:flag: ed de graph gotta be the worst midfielder we ever had. defo one of the worst i've seen in 18 years of attending easter road. I think my 89 yo granny could run faster than he does.

SaudiHibby
17-01-2011, 08:35 AM
There is no way on God's faltering earth that we will be relegated this season. Calderwod has to be given the chance to get his own team on the park. I would be more embarassed than I have ever been as a Hibby if we ditch Calderwood now. :flag:

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-01-2011, 08:48 AM

:taxi

bingo70
17-01-2011, 08:49 AM
There is no way on God's faltering earth that we will be relegated this season. Calderwod has to be given the chance to get his own team on the park. I would be more embarassed than I have ever been as a Hibby if we ditch Calderwood now. :flag:

I don't think we'll go down but it's not as unrealistic as your making out. If we don't bring players in then there's every chance we could go down, i do think though if we can bring in a forward and a midfielder or two then we'll pick up enough points at home to stay up.

I agree with your pther points though, to get rid of CC just now would be an embarrasment, if he keeps us up we'll see a completely different team under him next season, i'm certain about that.

virtualhibby
17-01-2011, 02:21 PM
virtualhibby> "De Graff has not been great for Hibs, but he gets into a lot of great positions....he just can't finish."

ARE YOU DEGRAPH IN DISGUISE?

lol

:flag: ed de graph gotta be the worst midfielder we ever had. defo one of the worst i've seen in 18 years of attending easter road. I think my 89 yo granny could run faster than he does.

I could be based on ability ;-).... You lot will know better than me about De Graff......As I said above, I chucked it last season and have stayed away to keep my sanity intact and blood pressure down.