PDA

View Full Version : Steven Fletcher

CallumLaidlaw
16-01-2011, 02:02 AM
Just watching Fletcher on MOTD in the EPL.

Amazing to think that just 2 years ago we had people on here slagging this guy for what he brought to our team.

Glad to see he's still doing well, and hope he still has a soft spot for the Hibees :flag:

HibeePaj
16-01-2011, 02:40 AM
his goals have definately up a bit since moving to wolves.

Nonetheless another great product of the hibs youth system:thumbsup::flag:

ScottB
16-01-2011, 03:44 AM

Amazing to think that just 2 years ago we had people on here slagging this guy for what he brought to our team.

Glad to see he's still doing well, and hope he still has a soft spot for the Hibees :flag:

Shows what the average punter on here actually knows about what makes a good player!

7Hero
16-01-2011, 07:41 AM
got to be one of my favourite hibs players ever, had class written all over him.

Crikey we had some talent a few years back shame we sold it all

Lucius Apuleius
16-01-2011, 08:26 AM
got to be one of my favourite hibs players ever, had class written all over him.

Crikey we had some talent a few years back shame we sold it all

Shame they all wanted to leave us.

Mikey
16-01-2011, 08:29 AM
That's Fletcher now playing for his second Premiership club. If his agent is worth his salt he'll have him on 30k-40k a week.

Why do you think he would want to stay at Hibs when his pay would be lucky to stretch to 3k-4k a week?

Winston Ingram
16-01-2011, 09:04 AM

in his last season with us his progress definitely slowed which I think Mixu has to take alot of blame for.

As for doing well I think his progress has slowed again this season. He was warming the bench for months

CallumLaidlaw
16-01-2011, 09:43 AM
in his last season with us his progress definitely slowed which I think Mixu has to take alot of blame for.

As for doing well I think his progress has slowed again this season. He was warming the bench for months

Has he not had a few injuries?

The Falcon
16-01-2011, 09:46 AM

There is a subtle, yet distinct, difference between this and "shame we sold them all".

They could have all done a Kenny Miller and refused to go.

But they didnt. :cool2:

marinello59
16-01-2011, 09:47 AM

Fletcher was taking pelters on here even when he had played well. For me he was by far the most talented of the so called golden generation.

The Falcon
16-01-2011, 09:49 AM
That's Fletcher now playing for his second Premiership club. If his agent is worth his salt he'll have him on 30k-40k a week.

Why do you think he would want to stay at Hibs when his pay would be lucky to stretch to 3k-4k a week?

And yet the amount of people who just dont get this beggars belief.

The Falcon
16-01-2011, 09:50 AM
Fletcher was taking pelters on here even when he had played well. For me he was by far the most talented of the so called golden generation.

Absolutely.

Cropley10
16-01-2011, 10:37 AM

I think I must have seen Fletch in most of his home Hibs games and like you really enjoy watching him do well in the EPL. For his age he has a lot of experience, it's a shame he's not closer to the Scotland starting XI

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Remember Mixu playing him in midfield? Mowbray always said that Fletch was the pick of the players that he had. Shows what I know cos I would have said it was Broonie. Only grumble now is that it looks like we let him go on the cheap.

steviecarnie
16-01-2011, 11:20 AM

judging by the size of his house id say he's not exactly short of cash, that an the many cars he has.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2mmbw9z.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/ifxv2b.jpg

jonny
16-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Remember Mixu playing him in midfield? Mowbray always said that Fletch was the pick of the players that he had. Shows what I know cos I would have said it was Broonie. Only grumble now is that it looks like we let him go on the cheap.

Most of his games for Wolves this season have been played at left midfield - the only reason I know this is because the commentator on football first last night mentioned it.
We did get £3m up front - Im not sure how much of the £7m we got when he went to Wolves but I'd have thought at least another £1m. Not too shabby.
Wonder how much we'll get when Scott Brown goes to Juventus for £10m in the summer :wink:

Brando7
16-01-2011, 06:36 PM

Least we got a new stand n top training facilities out of it :wink:

ancient hibee
16-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Fletcher is a midfielder.Pity he's going to get relegated 2 seasons in a row.

PeterboroHibee
16-01-2011, 06:56 PM
As other people have said, Fletcher was one of my favourite Hibs players of recent years.

Fair enough he wasnt exactly prolific, but everything else about his game was superb; his link up play, his intelligence on the ball, he had so much to his game. Hes only 23 as well, and for me, by far the best striker Scotland have at their disposal.

Always good to see him doing well, and sure he isnt regretting our decision to hold onto him and not sell him to Celtic!

Littlest Hobo
16-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Can't remember him doing much at Easter Road except miss sitter after sitter because he was too much of a leftie.
Watched him play a few times for Wolves and haven't been impressed at all, what's all the fuss about??:confused:

col02
16-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Best product of the Hibs youth set up by miles imho! A bit like Whittaker as well in never being fully appreciated by sections of the Hibs support despite being an incredibly technically gifted as well as hard working type player.

libernian
16-01-2011, 07:23 PM
not sure if he was the best... close between him and brown...

his link up play and touch were good tho... he had so much class on the ball. never had a right foot tho and still dont think he is a natural finisher but oozed class.

think my favourite moment was his overhead kick from the edge of the box against dundee united at tannadice. hit the post but still a great shot...

Reaper
16-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Just how good he is I think is yet to be proven, as he gets older, you'd hope he'd do what Adams doing and stand out in a average side, a bit like the start of last season at Burnley.

Always good to see ex-hibby's doing well in EPL. Can only be good for the reputation of the club.

Holmesdale Hibs
16-01-2011, 08:14 PM
I always thought he was very good at Hibs but didn't think he would make it in the EPL. Glad he's proved me wrong, all the best to him.

At the time I thought it would be Murphy or Brown that went the furthest. Murphy doing well bug jury still out on Brown.

sesoim
16-01-2011, 11:56 PM

Two years ago he was missing a lot of chances and often gave the ball away trying to be fancy. I haven't saw a lot to change my mind about him - he is just doing the same thing at a higher level.

When he starts knocking in 15-20 league goals a season in the Premiership then you will be justified in raving about him. A handful of goals with Wolves doesn't prove a lot.

sesoim
17-01-2011, 12:03 AM
Can't remember him doing much at Easter Road except miss sitter after sitter because he was too much of a leftie.
Watched him play a few times for Wolves and haven't been impressed at all, what's all the fuss about??:confused:

:agree: Some folk are just getting a dig in because some of us dared to criticize him. The fact is, Fletch has struggled to justify being anywhere near a £7M striker - that's why he is now a sub or on the left wing.

If I was an EPL manager there's plenty of other players I'd have rather spent £7M on. Don't get me wrong - in the right team at the right level, he could be a decent link up man, but he isn't worth anywhere near what Wolves paid, and I'll bet McCarthy is regretting it now as they could have done with that money in this transfer window for a more realible striker.

db03
17-01-2011, 02:27 PM
judging by the size of his house id say he's not exactly short of cash, that an the many cars he has.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2mmbw9z.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/ifxv2b.jpg

Where did u get those pics mate?

steviecarnie
17-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Where did u get those pics mate?

there on his facebook along with the cars

db03
17-01-2011, 02:31 PM
there on his facebook along with the cars

Not set got his set private then

steviecarnie
17-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Not set got his set private then

nah doesnt seem like he has those ones but theres not many photo's so might have other photo's private. saying that if i had a house that good id show it off too, the games room looks amazing

GreenPJ
17-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Two years ago he was missing a lot of chances and often gave the ball away trying to be fancy. I haven't saw a lot to change my mind about him - he is just doing the same thing at a higher level.

When he starts knocking in 15-20 league goals a season in the Premiership then you will be justified in raving about him. A handful of goals with Wolves doesn't prove a lot.

How many of the teams at the bottom of the EPL have strikers scoring 15-20 goals a season? He needed to start somewhere to allow him to develop. Scoring 8 goals in his first season and 5 so far this season (despite being sub for a lot of games) is not a bad return. He is not the finished article but is developing and am sure if he is relegated this season then other EPL teams will look for his services due to his industry and link up play.

steviecarnie
17-01-2011, 03:44 PM
How many of the teams at the bottom of the EPL have strikers scoring 15-20 goals a season? He needed to start somewhere to allow him to develop. Scoring 8 goals in his first season and 5 so far this season (despite being sub for a lot of games) is not a bad return. He is not the finished article but is developing and am sure if he is relegated this season then other EPL teams will look for his services due to his industry and link up play.

:agree: bolton i reckon