PDA

View Full Version : Why Aren't We Blaming Popular Players?

Speedway
15-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Brown loses us posession from goal kicks every single week.

Murray can't pass ten yards, can't run and can't time a tackle.

Wotherspoon can't do anything.

Riordan, what position can he play when he's not part of a once in a generation side?

Nish, Rankin, Hogg all gone from the side now and we're worse. How is that down to the manager who has been here for three months?

zlatan
15-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Personally I blame you.

cocopops1875
15-01-2011, 09:21 PM
I love the OP used brown as an example i would hardly call him popular :agree: best of a very dubious bunch

matty_f
15-01-2011, 09:22 PM

Riordan, what position can he play when he's not part of a once in a generation side?

Nish, Rankin, Hogg all gone from the side now and we're worse. How is that down to the manager who has been here for three months?

Nish, Rankin and Hogg were just the tip of the iceberg.

We need some character in the team.

We were so pedestrian today because nobody had any sense of urgency about them at all. Goal down? Doesn't matter we'll still take twenty minutes to make a pass, and still mis-place the bloody thing.

At one point Zouma got the ball and he just stood and waited for the Celtc player to take it off him. WTF!?

There aren't any good players here just now. There are some that will get pass marks more often than not when they have good players around them, but a good player makes things happen in a game.

Who, in that side today, could you say was able to make things happen?

hibee81
15-01-2011, 09:23 PM

if brown hits an area at a goal kick the rest have to be winning the ball be it the initial ball or the second, end of

HFC 0-7
15-01-2011, 09:26 PM
if brown hits an area at a goal kick the rest have to be winning the ball be it the initial ball or the second, end of

Brown has been making good saves recently although his kicking is shocking. The only person that would have been able to challenge for some of his kicks today would have been Calderwood up against Lennon. He booted the ball out the pitch!

cocopops1875
15-01-2011, 09:27 PM

interesting point but would you say keeping punting it to that massive freak with only zooma in that area would be likely to get results ? has to mix it up a bit :confused:

matty_f
15-01-2011, 09:30 PM
interesting point but would you say keeping punting it to that massive freak with only zooma in that area would be likely to get results ? has to mix it up a bit :confused:

You mean Brown was aiming the kicks today?!:confused:

He's a terrific shot-stopper, IMHO, and a steady keeper, but his kicking was honking today, as it has been for a while.

cocopops1875
15-01-2011, 09:33 PM
You mean Brown was aiming the kicks today?!:confused:

He's a terrific shot-stopper, IMHO, and a steady keeper, but his kicking was honking today, as it has been for a while.

well the ones he kicked from hand :greengrin always went right hand side between halfway and final 3rd agree he is steady but dont think in an ideal world he would be our no1 next season :agree:

Bishop Hibee
15-01-2011, 09:38 PM

Brown is the best keeper we've had since Andersson. His dead ball kicking has been poor but at least he doesn't throw the ball in the net regularly like some of the duffers we've had in goals recently.

Murray is past his best.

Wotherspoon was poor today but is, in my opinion, a good young player lacking in confidence.

If you think Riordan should be blamed given the donkeys playing alongside him and the complete lack of service from midfield you've got a screw loose. Did you used to complain about Sauzees lack of pace or Latapy not being good in the air or Stokes being nothing but a goalscorer? Give Deek the service he will score :agree:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
15-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Is Brown injured?

His kicking was fine when he initially got a start (I remember thinking he was a marked improvement as Smiths bye kicks rarely got over the 1/2 way line).

It is easier to kick out of hand. If he is injured, get a defender to take the bye kicks till he is better!

Sorted.

1two
15-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Brown is the best keeper we've had since Andersson. His dead ball kicking has been poor but at least he doesn't throw the ball in the net regularly like some of the duffers we've had in goals recently.

Murray is past his best.

Wotherspoon was poor today but is, in my opinion, a good young player lacking in confidence.

If you think Riordan should be blamed given the donkeys playing alongside him and the complete lack of service from midfield you've got a screw loose. Did you used to complain about Sauzees lack of pace or Latapy not being good in the air or Stokes being nothing but a goalscorer? Give Deek the service he will score :agree:

Give deek the service and he will score
Give him no service and he contributes nout
No fight but plenty of moaning

A luxury that we can't afford in this relegation dog fight

Sad but true

Speedway
15-01-2011, 09:44 PM
Personally I blame you.

Makes more sense than blaming Calderwood.

Brown loses us posession from goal kicks every single week. AND is capable of pulling of the odd wonder save.(think about that save in gorgie)

So what?
Murray can't pass ten yards, can't run and can't time a tackle.BUT MY MY MY DOESNT HE TRY HARDER THAN EVERYONE ELSE.

I'll try harder than anyone else, I'm still *****

Wotherspoon can't do anything. Quote removed

Yes, I'm serious, what does he offer the team that we haven't got from anyone else?

Riordan, what position can he play when he's not part of a once in a generation side? will that be THE POSITION WHERE HE SCORES over 100 GOALS FOR YOUR CLUB< A THING ONLY A HANDFUL OF PLAYERS HAVE EVER DONE.

Most of those coming in the side I alluded to.

Nish, Rankin, Hogg all gone from the side now and we're worse. How is that down to the manager who has been here for three months? THANK GOD THEY ARE GONE, NOW ALL CALDERWOOD NEEDS TO DO IS REALISE ED DE GRAPH IS A WAGE THIEF, THICKO IS NOT A RB, STEVENSON JUST HASNY GOT IT, AND EHHH GALBRAITH IS A YAM!!!!!

Don't think he needs telling.:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Gatecrasher
15-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Mark Brown is probably the best keepers we have had art ER for years, i dont think he can be blamed. Even if he cant kick the ball well.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
15-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Is Brown injured?

His kicking was fine when he initially got a start (I remember thinking he was a marked improvement as Smiths bye kicks rarely got over the 1/2 way line).

It is easier to kick out of hand. If he is injured, get a defender to take the bye kicks till he is better!

Sorted.

Oh, and tell the defender to race up the park once he has taken the kick so he doesn't play everyone onside. (they sometimes forget that)

Albion Hibs
15-01-2011, 10:57 PM
.'I hate hibs net' never fails to amaze me.

The chiche of murray 'cant do this', makes everyone feel like because he is older they have a valid football comment. Brown cant kick, Wotherspoon might be okay one day and we are not playing riordan in the right place all sounds a like familar.

"Why Aren't We Blaming Popular Player"-common what about the pretend fans.

AJWisme
15-01-2011, 11:07 PM

All in your opinion mind you.
But the basic reason "popular" players don't get blamed is because they are popular players for a reason. All known to have talent - admittedly Murray is probably past talent but he's a hell of a lot better than anyone else for that position imo.
Why not try with something constructive instead of trying to tell everyone they're wrong about everything?

Steve-O
16-01-2011, 05:22 AM

I agree with all this too.

Brown is a decent keeper but his kicking is nothing short of a joke.

Wotherspoon doesn't really do much although shows a bit of effort at least.

Riordan basically does nothing. A goal every 5 games maybe. A luxury player.

Murray is finished at this level. Pish.

The other 3 you mention are just utter garbage end of story.

Not entirely sure Zemmama will even have the effect we all thought he might either.

The only bright spot is that Duffy seems not bad.

7Hero
16-01-2011, 06:48 AM
murray and hanlon i would keep, dickot i see a glimmer of hope, albeit only a glimmer.

the rest including riordan can go, its amazing that at parkhead last year when we won miller was man of the match and played unbelieveably well.

for him and the team to be so shockingly bad is completely and utterly unacceptable, worst hibs team i have ever seen and equally a run of awful managers employed by a board who frankly have lost the plot..

IWasThere2016
16-01-2011, 06:48 AM
May I ask those wanting Deeks out the side, who will score the goals?

Is the goal tally not Nish 1, Trakys and Duffy (very unfair to include him perhaps however..) nil?

Steve-O
16-01-2011, 07:19 AM

Is the goal tally not Nish 1, Trakys and Duffy (very unfair to include him perhaps however..) nil?

Not exactly scoring a barrowload himself is he? I know he has in the past, but right now, it ain't happening.

I'm not even saying I want him out the team necessarily, I am just saying he's not really offering any more than anyone else at the minute.

Beefster
16-01-2011, 07:38 AM

At the moment, there isn't any other striker to do so. Considering we're talking about Nish, a Lithuanian journeyman signed as a panic measure and someone just back after months out with a broken foot, I don't think that's surprising. Having said that, Riordan's not scoring either.

Killen and Stokes show that getting a goalscorer in isn't impossible.

calamitus
16-01-2011, 07:47 AM
Mark Brown is probably the best keepers we have had art ER for years, i dont think he can be blamed. Even if he cant kick the ball well.

I think we're maybe oversating the kicking problem here. OK, his distribution could be better, but let's not confuse that with a keeper who truly can't kick. Remember the bombscare every time Leighton got a passback?

With Brown, we've finally got a keeper who makes all the saves you'd expect of a good keeper, and will generally have one or 2 a game that are top drawer. I don't see any better keepers outside Rangers in the SPL just now

Golden Bear
16-01-2011, 08:38 AM

:agree:

And who can blame him for kicking the ball out of the park?

He's probably sussed out that it's by far the safer option as long as he has that pathetic bunch of spineless nobodies in front of him.

Big_D
16-01-2011, 08:44 AM
At the moment, there isn't any other striker to do so. Considering we're talking about Nish, a Lithuanian journeyman signed as a panic measure and someone just back after months out with a broken foot, I don't think that's surprising. Having said that, Riordan's not scoring either.

Killen and Stokes show that getting a goalscorer in isn't impossible.

With the current lack of service i don't think it matters who plays up front

easty
16-01-2011, 09:04 AM

And who can blame him for kicking the ball out of the park?

He's probably sussed out that it's by far the safer option as long as he has that pathetic bunch of spineless nobodies in front of him.

Exactly...I'd much rather he punted it aimlessly up the park than rolled it out to our defenders for them only to lose the ball in our 3rd of the pitch. Nobody even wants the ball from him anyway, probably because they're too scared to make a mistake that leads to the booing from all of us.

PaulSmith
16-01-2011, 09:15 AM
I blame them all, not one of them are man enough to go onto that park and inspire others around them.

Cowards, thieves and spineless.

lucky
16-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Brown is a decent keeper but to say he is popular is stretching it. he has been slagged on here over his kicking.

Murray-- a number of people on here have been saying for a while that his legs have gone. Clearly he is a limited footballer. Would keep as a squad player as he can have the odd good game.

Saint Deek-- Outstanding goal scorer but has not played well for weeks. He should not be immune to criticism. If he left Hibs at this time i would not be to bothered. We as a club name to build a squad of players who are hungry and want to achieve, Deeks seems to have a negative effect on the players around him with his constant moaning. If he is not scoring he brings nothing to the team performance.

Hibbyradge
16-01-2011, 10:11 AM

Deek isn't scoring the goals either and he offers us nothing else.

PeeJay
16-01-2011, 10:18 AM
Brown is a decent keeper but to say he is popular is stretching it. he has been slagged on here over his kicking.

Funny how we all notice how poor his kicking is but the manager doesn't - or is he being asked to kick the ball up the park by the manager perhaps? After all, even Brown must notice how his kicked-out balls are 9/10 picked up by the opposing team...

J-C
16-01-2011, 10:30 AM
It's hard to blame these players as they are just not of the quality needed to get us results, no fight, no passion and very little talent, if you're gonna blame anyone blame Yogi and Mixu as they're the ones who signed them up. Also blame petrie cause he allowed these 2 managers to bolster our squad with decidely average players.

The better qaulity players like Riordan etc have to have a good look themselves, standing on the pitch waving his arms about moaning constantly will not get us out of the mire, maybe it is time for him to move on.

HELMIE-HIBEE
16-01-2011, 10:33 AM
deek could certainly do with a spell on the bench- lets win the games first with a bit of bottle and hard work.(neither of which you'l get from him)

brown is probably the best keeper we've had since Leighton- just needs a bit of back up from defence :flag:

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2011, 10:36 AM
It's hard to blame these players as they are just not of the quality needed to get us results, no fight, no passion and very little talent, if you're gonna blame anyone blame Yogi and Mixu as they're the ones who signed them up. Also blame petrie cause he allowed these 2 managers to bolster our squad with decidely average players.

The better qaulity players like Riordan etc have to have a good look themselves, standing on the pitch waving his arms about moaning constantly will not get us out of the mire, maybe it is time for him to move on.

The players are the biggest collective set of under achievers going. On paper we look a decent side, but as soon as we lose a goal, the heads go down and we throw in the towel.... How exactly can professional players have no fight or desire is beyond me.....You could pull out 11 from the stands who would try harder....

Expecting Rain
16-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Brown is a goalkeeper that is hopeless with kick outs but good at saving the ball, better than what we had before.
Zemmama and Duffy are coming back from long term injuries.
Murray,Riordan,Wotherspoon,Miller and Hanlon need assistance in the shape of at least a couple of loan signings.
With at least three new faces in the right positions we can turn it around, the window isn`t closed yet.

matty_f
16-01-2011, 01:14 PM
The players are the biggest collective set of under achievers going. On paper we look a decent side, but as soon as we lose a goal, the heads go down and we throw in the towel.... How exactly can professional players have no fight or desire is beyond me.....You could pull out 11 from the stands who would try harder....

They did come back from 2 down against Utd only a couple of games back. They do have it in them, or at least some of them do.

WhileTheChief..
16-01-2011, 01:35 PM
It's a point that CC made after the Ayr game.

He said that Zemmama was probably the worst player on the pitch and couldn't do anything right and that if it had been Nish the fans would have invaded the pitch and burned down the main stand!!

el capitano
16-01-2011, 01:52 PM
we shouldnt be blaming any the players, this would be a step in the right direction for the important weeks ahead. a little support goes a long way.

NorthNorfolkHFC
16-01-2011, 01:54 PM

Murray is past his best.

Why should we continue to hold Deek as the messiah. Why must everyone be 'mental' or have a 'screw loose' to even suggest Deek be told he can leave Hibs.
He is a luxury, we shouldn't have to get service to him as that is selfish. Football is a team game and requires a bunch of guys that will pull together when things get tough!!!!!He is not, and will not do that.

I am sick of Derek (Peter Pan) Riordan's petulant behaviour on the pitch when as a 'Hibs Legend he should be rolling his sleeves up and getting on with it!!!

All the Deek defenders amongst us can enjoy when his lack of effort and desire 'helps' to get us relegated then he jumps ship to another team.

greenlex
16-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Brown should be at east mains just getting his boot through the ball. FFS its not rocket science. Laces through the ****ing ball.

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Kicking apart, he's done well recently. (where's the 8/10 smiley) :greengrin Although what is it about Hibs and keepers that kick the ball like a bloody fairy? :confused:

JimBHibees
16-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Brown should be at east mains just getting his boot through the ball. FFS its not rocket science. Laces through the ****ing ball.

Totally agree I would have left him out at half time with the goalie coach doing just that over and over.

Albion Hibs
16-01-2011, 06:49 PM

Riordans goal tally is becoming less impressive every game. Until we can get someone to give him a hand up front / switch him to the left wing I would put him on the bench. From there he still has a very important part to play but I see nothing wrong with using him as an impact player / goal scorer to come off the bench.

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Riordans goal tally is becoming less impressive every game. Until we can get someone to give him a hand up front / switch him to the left wing I would put him on the bench. From there he still has a very important part to play but I see nothing wrong with using him as an impact player / goal scorer to come off the bench.

We could have Torres up front and it wouldn't make a difference, our midfield don't create, they have little ability. In fact half of them have trouble running and breathing at the same time.

Sammy7nil
16-01-2011, 10:44 PM

I take it you mean this season only :confused:

Speedway
16-01-2011, 10:57 PM
All in your opinion mind you.
But the basic reason "popular" players don't get blamed is because they are popular players for a reason. All known to have talent - admittedly Murray is probably past talent but he's a hell of a lot better than anyone else for that position imo.
Why not try with something constructive instead of trying to tell everyone they're wrong about everything?

I'm trying to fit in.

Sammy7nil
16-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Why should we continue to hold Deek as the messiah. Why must everyone be 'mental' or have a 'screw loose' to even suggest Deek be told he can leave Hibs.
He is a luxury, we shouldn't have to get service to him as that is selfish. Football is a team game and requires a bunch of guys that will pull together when things get tough!!!!!He is not, and will not do that.

I am sick of Derek (Peter Pan) Riordan's petulant behaviour on the pitch when as a 'Hibs Legend he should be rolling his sleeves up and getting on with it!!!

All the Deek defenders amongst us can enjoy when his lack of effort and desire 'helps' to get us relegated then he jumps ship to another team.

I just wonder who you would replace im with ?

Nish 1 Goal
Trakys None
Duffy Not fully fit
Byrne a boy who I dont think will make it.

PS not only do none of the above have a good scoring record Deeks assists are way higher.

Just asking?

Bishop Hibee
16-01-2011, 11:25 PM

Yeh lets get a forward who runs about and gets us maybe 5-6 goals a season :rolleyes: Trakys runs about but he's Tom Kite. Rankin can run about and never hides, maybe we should play him up front :dunno:

The problem at ER is lack of quality not lack of effort.

I just wonder who you would replace im with ?

Nish 1 Goal
Trakys None
Duffy Not fully fit
Byrne a boy who I dont think will make it.

PS not only do none of the above have a good scoring record Deeks assists are way higher.

Just asking?

Don't let facts get in the way, this is Hibs.net :wink: Bit harsh on Byrne though, he's not had much of a chance.

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Yeh lets get a forward who runs about and gets us maybe 5-6 goals a season :rolleyes: Trakys runs about but he's Tom Kite. Rankin can run about and never hides, maybe we should play him up front :dunno:

The problem at ER is lack of quality not lack of effort.

Don't let facts get in the way, this is Hibs.net :wink: Bit harsh on Byrne though, he's not had much of a chance.

Yip thats the one. Riordan has never had much trouble scoring when we have had a half decent side. Instead of getting rid of him, what about us getting a few better players in, and getting the quality of the team up? Its a novel idea i know, but hey you never know eh?

J-C
16-01-2011, 11:36 PM
Yip thats the one. Riordan has never had much trouble scoring when we have had a half decent side. Instead of getting rid of him, what about us getting a few better players in, and getting the quality of the team up? Its a novel idea i know, but hey you never know eh?

Riordan will probably get peed off soon G and offski he will be.

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Riordan will probably get peed off soon G and offski he will be.

Aye you might be right, is anyone really bothered though. I think we have sunk to depths even i thought we'd never reach, that people i know dont even care now. On the train yesterday, i was the only one, nobody went fron down our way, and nobody even got on at carlisle. Thats roughly 15-20 folk. :boo hoo:

J-C
16-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Aye you might be right, is anyone really bothered though. I think we have sunk to depths even i thought we'd never reach, that people i know dont even care now. On the train yesterday, i was the only one, nobody went fron down our way, and nobody even got on at carlisle. Thats roughly 15-20 folk. :boo hoo:

I think it's our only way to show the board is by demonstrating by not showing, the more empty seats they see, the quicker they'll get something done, well fingers crossed anyway.

lucky
17-01-2011, 07:34 AM
Deek does have a lot of qualities as a footballer. But his contribution of late has been shocking. He should shoulder the blame like the rest. If CC and the board don't get players in soon our crowds will continue to drop and so will the team.

proud_and_green
17-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Kicking apart, he's done well recently. (where's the 8/10 smiley) :greengrin Although what is it about Hibs and keepers that kick the ball like a bloody fairy? :confused:

I agree, when was the last time we ever felt comfortable with a keeper dealing with a cross. Brown does not give me any great scares in the box, kicking could definiely be better but he does the job in the box!

jane_says
17-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Give deek the service and he will score
Give him no service and he contributes nout
No fight but plenty of moaning

A luxury that we can't afford in this relegation dog fight

Sad but true

:top marks