PDA

View Full Version : Our football style

sunshine1875
15-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Now I am one of the 99% of football fans that don't know anything about football?

So for those that do, how would you describe our current style of football.

:hmmm:

Long-ball to tall striker?
Long-ball into space?
Retain possension looking for gaps in the defence?
Pass 'n' go?
Midfield with defensive and attacking players?
Diamond formation?
Christmas tree?
Over-lapping full backs?
Wing play?
Park the bus?

Sir David Gray
15-01-2011, 09:16 PM
We have a style of football? :dunno:

I thought it was just ten guys running around a football pitch for 90 minutes, kicking the ball into the air whenever the opportunity arises.

Sylar
15-01-2011, 09:16 PM

I thought it was just ten guys running around a football pitch for 90 minutes, kicking the ball into the air whenever the opportunity arises.

Come on now, that's a little unfair.

I mean, lets face it - who actually RUNS in our team? :confused:

hibee81
15-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Now I am one of the 99% of football fans that don't know anything about football?

Long-ball into space?
Pass 'n' go?
Diamond formation?
Christmas tree?
Over-lapping full backs?
Wing play?
Park the bus?

this is what i think the hibees are playing just now but arent actually cappable of finding the space so the opposition ar straight back down our throat, we currently have no player able to exploit the space available on a football pitch or if there is such a player on the team they need to get their finger oot and start moving to find it.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-01-2011, 09:29 PM
need to change the name of the thread to our style. I have not seen any football since the 0-3 game at hunbrox.

matty_f
15-01-2011, 09:35 PM

We haven't looked like we've known what to do with a football for ages.

When we get the ball it takes us four or five times as long as the other team takes to decide what we're going to do with it, then we give it away anyway.

Our style seems to consist of rattling short passes way out of the reach of their intended recipient, and often straight out of play. We sometimes mix it up and pass straight to the opposition, usually we add a bit of excitement by doing this in areas where the opposition can get a shot in, or at least put us straight under pressure.

We also seem to be fond of pinging a diagonal ball into areas where we have no players, or into an area where a forward will get into, in about ten minutes time when they've run full pelt for a bit.

Defensively, we like to keep the opposition guessing by having very little, if any, shape or cohesion. We'll also stand off people until they're in our box, and then if we haven't ****** the game up already, we'll give away a penalty, just for the banter.

I'd like to tell you what the midfield's style is, but I've forgotten what a Hibernian midfield looks like.

At The Edge
15-01-2011, 09:52 PM

Long-ball into space?
Pass 'n' go?
Diamond formation?
Christmas tree?
Over-lapping full backs?
Wing play?
Park the bus?

outer space going by some of the passing on show

McKenzie
15-01-2011, 11:07 PM

When we get the ball it takes us four or five times as long as the other team takes to decide what we're going to do with it, then we give it away anyway.

Our style seems to consist of rattling short passes way out of the reach of their intended recipient, and often straight out of play. We sometimes mix it up and pass straight to the opposition, usually we add a bit of excitement by doing this in areas where the opposition can get a shot in, or at least put us straight under pressure.

We also seem to be fond of pinging a diagonal ball into areas where we have no players, or into an area where a forward will get into, in about ten minutes time when they've run full pelt for a bit.

Defensively, we like to keep the opposition guessing by having very little, if any, shape or cohesion. We'll also stand off people until their in our box, and then if we haven't ****** the game up already, we'll give away a penalty, just for the banter.

I'd like to tell you what the midfield's style is, but I've forgotten what a Hibernian midfield looks like.
is that you colin?

YetholmHibee
16-01-2011, 12:00 AM

Long-ball into space?
Pass 'n' go?
Diamond formation?
Christmas tree?
Over-lapping full backs?
Wing play?
Park the bus?

:faf::bye::faf:

Removed
16-01-2011, 12:02 AM

Long-ball into space?
Pass 'n' go?
Diamond formation?
Christmas tree?
Over-lapping full backs?
Wing play?
Park the bus?

:confused: I thought it was 95%

YetholmHibee
16-01-2011, 12:05 AM
:confused: I thought it was 95%

your'e both right lol

Houchy
16-01-2011, 12:09 AM

Defensively, we like to keep the opposition guessing by having very little, if any, shape or cohesion. We'll also stand off people until they're in our box, and then if we haven't ****** the game up already, we'll give away a penalty, just for the banter.

Really??? You've been watching a different team than me then mate. Most of them couldn't run if their life depended on it.:greengrin

Big90inOz
16-01-2011, 04:39 AM
We are brilliant at playing our own type of style, it's ***** but it's our style. Doesn't seem to matter that it doesn't work.

matty_f
16-01-2011, 08:16 AM
Really??? You've been watching a different team than me then mate. Most of them couldn't run if their life depended on it.:greengrin

Hence why it will take ten minutes for them to get to where the ball was passed.:wink:

Barney McGrew
16-01-2011, 08:18 AM
By the looks of the second half yesterday, our current football style seems to be based on a primary school XI

marinello59
16-01-2011, 08:21 AM
By the looks of the second half yesterday, our current football style seems to be based on a primary school XI

That's a bit unfair. My wee lad plays Primary School fitba, it's not that bad. :agree:

Barney McGrew
16-01-2011, 08:24 AM
That's a bit unfair. My wee lad plays Primary School fitba, it's not that bad. :agree:

I bet his team would fancy their chances against that shower just now :cool2:

Jimmy Belter
16-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Good Thread.

Question: In the Rangers game we passed the ball on ground ?

In the last 9/10 games we just seem to kick the ball up the park, sometimes to one striker who is 5,8.................?

When Brown has the ball he just kicks up the park, no one from the ball looks like they will take it, is the tactics from the manager ?

I would personaly prefer us to get the ball on ground & pass the ball...........there is a time a and a place to play the ball long but not all the time (when in my opion there not much game plan to it)

What would you`s prefer ?

GreenCastle
16-01-2011, 08:57 PM

Long-ball into space?
Pass 'n' go?
Diamond formation?
Christmas tree?
Over-lapping full backs?
Wing play?
Park the bus?

Fair question - the muppets on can't reply properly.

I agree we have mixed it around a bit.

Basically he doesn't know what is best.

Now he's not going to play out the back as the players I don't think are good enough and the midfield can't retain the ball well enough under pressure.

When we go long - which is how CC played at Forest when he managed - you need a target player - not Deeks - who wins 1 in 200 headers.

He needs to be running onto the Mixu type flicks.

sesoim
16-01-2011, 11:22 PM

Long-ball into space?
Pass 'n' go?
Diamond formation?
Christmas tree?
Over-lapping full backs?
Wing play?
Park the bus?

Until we appoint a manager who knows what we are doing, I don't think we'll ever develop a style. Nobody looks like they know what they are doing, we look defeated from kick off.

I would say our current style should be called "pass the buck", ie try and make an easy pass so you don't look bad. This results in aimless passes around the pitch until we give it away and then eventually lose a goal due to nobody taking responsibility for marking players.

hibs0666
16-01-2011, 11:32 PM

Long-ball into space?
Pass 'n' go?
Diamond formation?
Christmas tree?
Over-lapping full backs?
Wing play?
Park the bus?

There is no structure to our play because the players are terrified/don't give a flying one. Delete as appropriate.

hibs0666
16-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Fair question - the muppets on can't reply properly.

I agree we have mixed it around a bit.

Basically he doesn't know what is best.

Now he's not going to play out the back as the players I don't think are good enough and the midfield can't retain the ball well enough under pressure.

When we go long - which is how CC played at Forest when he managed - you need a target player - not Deeks - who wins 1 in 200 headers.

He needs to be running onto the Mixu type flicks.

Calderwood does not have a best 11 - he has admitted as such as he doesn't believe the players are there to bring an effective team together.

sunshine1875
17-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Tomorrow night, for those watching the game either on telly or at the game, can I ask you to try and understand what our football style and come back to this thread and post your view. Despite the limitations of our current playing squad they should still come onto the pitch with a plan. I would like to know what that plan is?

That plan will likely have to change during a game depending on the circumstances (i.e. pitch, weather conditions, opposition tactics etc). But, my main comment is on our football style that the management and coaching staff have set for our team.

Long-ball into space?
Pass 'n' go?
Diamond formation?
Christmas tree?
Over-lapping full backs?
Wing play?
Park the bus?

sunshine1875
18-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Tomorrow night, for those watching the game either on telly or at the game, can I ask you to try and understand what our football style and come back to this thread and post your view. Despite the limitations of our current playing squad they should still come onto the pitch with a plan. I would like to know what that plan is?

That plan will likely have to change during a game depending on the circumstances (i.e. pitch, weather conditions, opposition tactics etc). But, my main comment is on our football style that the management and coaching staff have set for our team.

So what is it?

GreenCastle
18-01-2011, 09:53 PM
So what is it?

Good luck with getting a response :wink:

sunshine1875
18-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Good luck with getting a response :wink:

Just wait until CC comes back and he will let us know:rolleyes:

DH1875
18-01-2011, 11:28 PM
What football style.

GreenCastle
18-01-2011, 11:31 PM
Hoofball...football...no football..giving the ball away...

I give up :confused::greengrin

sunshine1875
19-01-2011, 09:26 AM
:tumble:

Long-ball into space?
Pass 'n' go?
Diamond formation?
Christmas tree?
Over-lapping full backs?
Wing play?
Park the bus?

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 09:32 AM
:tumble:

I told you :greengrin