PDA

View Full Version : Ayr game is massive

sunshine1875
15-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Win it and I think we could get a boost for the key league games coming up!

Lose it and the downward spiral continues with the 1st Division beckoning!

Surely our players and management team will realise it is time to extract the digit!

Do you have any confidence that we could go to Ayr and win?

The Voice Of Reason
15-01-2011, 09:04 PM

Surely our players and management team will realise it is time to extract the digit!

Do you have any confidence that we could go to Ayr and win?

A resounding "NO" from me. :boo hoo:

cocopops1875
15-01-2011, 09:04 PM
i have to say on 1 hand that if we make the chances we had in the 1st game something is due to go in :agree: on the other if we lose a goal at 0-0 i doubt we have the bottle/fight to battle our way back into it sadly

seanraff07
15-01-2011, 09:11 PM
I think we'll win as long as we don't lost the lead early on otherwise i think we could be looking at a 3 or 4-0 defeat, sad but true.:yawn:

PaulSmith
15-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Quite a simple home win.

Sir David Gray
15-01-2011, 09:26 PM
I would be stunned if this group of players could go down to Ayr on a cold January night and get a victory.

I see that Ayr had a pretty impressive away win at Alloa today as well against a fellow promotion rival. That result takes them to the top of the second division.

I hope I'm wrong but I only see one outcome.

Saorsa
15-01-2011, 09:29 PM

Do you have any confidence that we could go to Ayr and win?None whatsoever!

Iggy Pope
15-01-2011, 09:39 PM
I would be stunned if this group of players could go down to Ayr on a cold January night and get a victory.

I see that Ayr had a pretty impressive away win at Alloa today as well against a fellow promotion rival. That result takes them to the top of the second division.

I hope I'm wrong but I only see one outcome.

I'm not flaming you (whaever the **** that is), bullying you or even obsessed with you like you think I am, but you were in a remarkably resemblant frame of mind in the week prior to us pumping Dundee Utd at Tannadice at the end of last season to finally, finally make Europe.
Why would a win on Tuesday be 'stunning'? Because we have never won at Alloa? Or is the the Second Division the attraction? Because Hibs have never won in the cold? Because you've never been to Somerset and see us win?
I've seen Hibs win on lots of cold Tuesdays. And at Alloa. And at Ayr. But never in the 2nd Division. Come on man, grow a pair and join in!

DC_Hibs
15-01-2011, 09:44 PM
I'm not flaming you (whaever the **** that is), bullying you or even obsessed with you like you think I am, but you were in a remarkably resemblant frame of mind in the week prior to us pumping Dundee Utd at Tannadice at the end of last season to finally, finally make Europe.
Why would a win on Tuesday be 'stunning'? Because we have never won at Alloa? Or is the the Second Division the attraction? Because Hibs have never won in the cold? Because you've never been to Somerset and see us win?
I've seen Hibs win on lots of cold Tuesdays. And at Alloa. And at Ayr. But never in the 2nd Division. Come on man, grow a pair and join in!

I hope Calderwood reminds the players that Ayr are two leagues below us and we should be going there and winning.
Seems plenty others have forgotten that (even taking into account Hibs current form).

Ayrs players are in that division for a reason.

I wouldnt say I am confident but Hibs should soon be looking for a home win against St Mirren (or Peterhead) for a place in the quarters.

Lets be realistic rather than pessimistic.

Iggy Pope
15-01-2011, 10:02 PM
I hope Calderwood reminds the players that Ayr are two leagues below us and we should be going there and winning.
Seems plenty others have forgotten that (even taking into account Hibs current form).

I wouldnt say I am confident but Hibs should soon be looking for a home win against St Mirren (or Peterhead) for a place in the quarters.Lets be realistic rather than pessimistic.

Exactly, exactly.

zlatan
15-01-2011, 10:06 PM
Ayr are 5/1 to win

Saorsa
15-01-2011, 10:07 PM

I wouldnt say I am confident but Hibs should soon be looking for a home win against St Mirren (or Peterhead) for a place in the quarters.

Lets be realistic rather than pessimistic.Realism and pessimism are one in the same thing with this team IMO. I fail tae see anything at all that points tae this team getting past Ayr United, there was a chance tae do that at Easter Road and they failed miserably.

Sir David Gray
15-01-2011, 10:29 PM

If you have seen the vast majority of our matches this season then you shouldn't really need to ask that question.

What the Ayr players will undoubtedly lack in skill, they will more than make up for in terms of their commitment, spirit and workrate. That is usually more than enough to overcome a Hibs side these days.

Those are three qualities that our players have sorely lacked this season. The only problem is, we're also lacking in quality. I mean, we only managed to get two shots on target against them last week at Easter Road.

When I mentioned about how pessimistic I was about our chances of beating Dundee Utd on the last day of last season, I didn't know that they were going to rest many of their first team players, in preparation for the Scottish Cup final the week after.

I don't know if they have any injury problems but Ayr will play their strongest team on Tuesday and they will be up for this game knowing that, if they win, they will potentially have a home tie against a fellow second division side, for a place in the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup.

I've seen it all before with Hibs. The way that last season's replay went, up at Dingwall, was entirely predictable and I can see this game going the same way.

DC_Hibs
15-01-2011, 10:35 PM
If you have seen the vast majority of our matches this season then you shouldn't really need to ask that question.

What the Ayr players will undoubtedly lack in skill, they will more than make up for in terms of their commitment, spirit and workrate. That is usually more than enough to overcome a Hibs side these days.

Those are three qualities that our players have sorely lacked this season. The only problem is, we're also lacking in quality. I mean, we only managed to get two shots on target against them last week at Easter Road.

When I mentioned about how pessimistic I was about our chances of beating Dundee Utd on the last day of last season, I didn't know that they were going to rest many of their first team players, in preparation for the Scottish Cup final the week after.

I don't know if they have any injury problems but Ayr will play their strongest team on Tuesday and they will be up for this game knowing that, if they win, they will potentially have a home tie against a fellow second division side, for a place in the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup.

I've seen it all before with Hibs. The way that last season's replay went, up at Dingwall, was entirely predictable and I can see this game going the same way.

Again - Ross County were one of the better teams in the FIRST division last season. Fair enough we are a worse team than then currently but we will have enough to get past Ayr.

Fear not!

Iggy Pope
15-01-2011, 10:40 PM
I have. This and every season since 1975. Have you?

Agree with part of that sentiment but a side like Hibs should overcome any Scottish Second Division side and you should know that.

Pessimistic???? I think you want to be archiving your thoughts! I haven't but I can recall how definitive you were are the time.I don't know if they have any injury problems but Ayr will play their strongest team on Tuesday and they will be up for this game knowing that, if they win, they will potentially have a home tie against a fellow second division side, for a place in the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup.

Potential. Yes. Potential. We have that same carrot.

No, sorry, you really haven't. And neither have I.

hibee bouncer
15-01-2011, 11:00 PM
CC should be using the Ayr game to make an example of the guys that clearly don't want to play for the shirt! Bring in the young lads who are keen to make an impression and drop the imposters!

At least the young boys would put in the effort!!

Sammy7nil
15-01-2011, 11:03 PM
I wiill be STUNNED if we dont win and I really would doubt CC's ability to take us forward. CC saw the game against Ayr and Must have a game plan to beat them
I will get slatted and laughed at but I see a 1st half goal and comfy 0 - 3 victory.

Anything less than a Place in the last 16 is TOTALLY Unacceptable.

monktonharp
15-01-2011, 11:18 PM
I wiill be STUNNED if we dont win and I really would doubt CC's ability to take us forward. CC saw the game against Ayr and Must have a game plan to beat them
I will get slatted and laughed at but I see a 1st half goal and comfy 0 - 3 victory.

Anything less than a Place in the last 16 is TOTALLY Unacceptable.:agree:Hibernian expects

Leithenhibby
15-01-2011, 11:47 PM

Anything less than a Place in the last 16 is TOTALLY Unacceptable.

:agree: 100% Ayr have had their chance and blown it :wink: they will not be as fired up as they were at ER and are in the 2nd division because they are not that good...

0-3 sound a good bet from where I'm sitting :cool2:

Diclonius
16-01-2011, 12:04 AM
Our season has to turn somewhere.

I hope that will be Tuesday. :agree:

At The Edge
16-01-2011, 12:07 AM
I think Ayr will come out all guns blazing, try and put us on the backfoot from the start. they will have seen us get beat by a poor Celtic team today. Its not hard to spot our weakness in the team, if we play Deek up top on his own again they'll just mark him out of the game.

No way do i think this will be easy, i'm hoping for a win, 1-0 would do me fine.

sunshine1875
16-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Team for Ayr:

Brown

Wotherspoon (RB) - has been poor recently, but ask him to just do the basics
Dickoh
Hanlon
Booth (LB)

Galbraith
Murray
Stevenson - best game in ages was against Utd in midfield
Zemamma

Riordan
Byrne

On reflection, the midfield is a tad light but I am sick of seeing Miller, McBride, de Gaff, Rankin etc.

Keith_M
16-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Try telling the players that ANY game is 'massive'.

There's three options

1) They don't realise how bad it is and how much effort they need to put in.

2) They don't care anyway.

3) They do realise but are so sh*t they can't do anything about it.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-01-2011, 12:43 PM
apart from the fact that we are playing rotten the cup gives us a chance to save our season because if we go out, that is it until next year. Next up would be a home tie with the bottom team, and with the Old Filth drawn against each other, a kind draw could see us in the final. In our situation, we have to sell our team to other playerson what we could be in the future, over what we are just now.

PeeJay
16-01-2011, 12:49 PM
:agree: 100% Ayr have had their chance and blown it :wink: they will not be as fired up as they were at ER and are in the 2nd division because they are not that good...

0-3 sound a good bet from where I'm sitting :cool2:

If I was an Ayr United fan or a player I would be looking forward immensely to this game - they can't lose: we can lose everything. The pressure is on us, not them. I hope we win, but to take them lightly because we are - after all - a big team would be a disaster. They had some excellent chances too in the 1st game, so we really need to be up for this one. Can the management team motivate and set us up as a spirited, fighting Hibs team however?

Imagine what it will do for self esteem (what little we may still have) if we lose? We need to win - your 3-0 sounds really good, hope you are right!
:flag:

greenlex
16-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Quite simply Calderwood should resign if we can't get a result at Ayr and I think we should be backing him all the way.

whiskyhibby
16-01-2011, 01:10 PM
I think we will win and this could be the starting point to turn our season around

:flag::flag:

BEEJ
16-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Agree, it's a very important match for all sorts of reasons.

But apparently the official site doesn't think so, as it's still showing the next fixture as Hamilton vs Hibs - 18 January 2011???? :confused:

PeeJay
16-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Typical in a way of the whole current shambolic setup at ER:cool2:

JimBHibees
16-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Team for Ayr:

Brown

Wotherspoon (RB) - has been poor recently, but ask him to just do the basics
Dickoh
Hanlon
Booth (LB)

Galbraith
Murray
Stevenson - best game in ages was against Utd in midfield
Zemamma

Riordan
Byrne

On reflection, the midfield is a tad light but I am sick of seeing Miller, McBride, de Gaff, Rankin etc.

Brown

Hart
Dickoh
Hanlon
Stevenson

Wotherspoon
Murray
Miller
Rankin

Riordan
Duffy