PDA

View Full Version : Leadership

southern hibby
15-01-2011, 09:55 PM
I want to start by saying I'm no manager and never will be but I Know in my heart of hearts that this mess needs to be addressed pronto. To me this can only be done with strong leadership....

We need leadership and we need it at all levels. We do have a very good leader in Petrie for getting us all that he has for this club. HOWEVER this could be addressed in a 2 part arguement, firstly the club will be worth more value when (and this will happen sooner or later) he comes to selling his shares. So he's only doing it for self gain or Secondly (and in my view more importantly) at the expence of the players on the field.

He has sold all the crown jewels we had and made us a very healthy profit but has it been invested wisely enough in future buy's. Well this is the managers job to assess a player and then decide on value, wages, position, suitability, and numerous other points before he puts on the jersey. This is also part of Petrie's job to appoint the manager.

We are now going through another manager and if thing's don't improve will Petrie and board then decide to get rid of this one? Only he will know that, However..........

We are seriously lacking (and this is only my point of view) in Leadership on and off the pitch at player and management level. This can either be addressed or ignored. ignorance (they say is bliss) but we can all see that our team are not playing and this hurts, to the point we may just go down, because we are bad enough.

If petrie was to say to CC here is 1 to 2 million go and get me 4 , 5 or 6 real gems that I can sell on on in 2 to 3 years that would unite the fans the manager would be able to do his job and most importantly we would have a LEADER in Petrie that would make his shares a lot more profitable in the long run.

Yes we would have debt and for our team it would be a lot but all we would need is 1 of those 4,5 or 6 players to be a gem and the debts gone.

I would argue to Petrie, if ST Johnstone can get x chelsea players (who are still performing) then surely we can have a LEADER who will LEAD. So Petrie you are our Leader so you work it out and decide what this clubs needs because all it has at present is unrest from management to the players and as for the fans................ We just want a team that can lead us to a win now and then.