PDA

View Full Version : Statue Coaches on the Bench

The Harp Awakes
15-01-2011, 08:26 PM
My ST is 4 rows behind the Hibs bench and I'm astounded by the 5 coaching saff's lack of passion in recent games. The 5 of them stand like staues for the entire 90 minutes and I think this attitude is being passed onto the players. CC is the biggest culprit who is totally emotionless.

Removed
15-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Must admit I was discussing this after the game. Seems strange to me but there again if I was in the dugout I'd be going radge most of the time.

Speedway
15-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Must admit I was discussing this after the game. Seems strange to me but there again if I was in the dugout I'd be going radge most of the time.

Just like Yogi used to with fantastic effect.

Shrekko
15-01-2011, 08:32 PM
What good does going radge on the sidelines do?

Quite often it can actually have a negative effect as far as I know.

The Harp Awakes
15-01-2011, 08:34 PM

You cannot be successful with passion alone but zero ability and zero passion = relegation

St Mirren and Hamilton have zero ability but more passion than Hibs = survival

Newhaven
15-01-2011, 08:37 PM
My ST is 4 rows behind the Hibs bench and I'm astounded by the 5 coaching saff's lack of passion in recent games. The 5 of them stand like staues for the entire 90 minutes and I think this attitude is being passed onto the players. CC is the biggest culprit who is totally emotionless.

We were talking about this to.

When the tic went 0-2 up Zebeede Lennon, Thomson and Mjallby were still urging there team on and kicking every ball with them

CC, Adams, Evans, Thomson and Tam the kit man hid in the home dugout :confused:

A little bit of emotion might help the team a bit as we were as flat as a pancake today (and for most of this season)

fife hfc
15-01-2011, 08:38 PM
I was told this as well. Yes it is good to have a cool head (Mowbray) who takes a step back and watches the game. But you also need the opposite (Venus) who would shout and try and cajole the players. Good cop/ bad cop scenario.

Newhaven
15-01-2011, 08:39 PM

Say what you like about Yogi but recent performances from Hibs have been far worse than some of the Tom Kite I watched with him in charge.

We had 2 shots on goal in 90 minutes today.

Reaper
15-01-2011, 09:46 PM
You cannot be successful with passion alone but zero ability and zero passion = relegation

St Mirren and Hamilton have zero ability but more passion than Hibs = survival

So if thats true and they have zero ability, they will be successful in staying up on passion alone????

The Harp Awakes
15-01-2011, 10:38 PM
So if thats true and they have zero ability, they will be successful in staying up on passion alone????

So success for you is staying up?????? I think 'success' for Hibs should be a bit more than survival.

calder45a
15-01-2011, 10:40 PM

Your right. looked like they were waiting for a No 1 bus.

Removed
15-01-2011, 10:47 PM

What good does going radge on the sidelines do?

Quite often it can actually have a negative effect as far as I know.

Yup, but I'm talking about me as a fan.

If I was having a bad day at my work and my boss sat at his desk/in his office and ignored me he'd be just as culpable imo. How is that going to improve my performance?

marinello59
15-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Yup, but I'm talking about me as a fan.

If I was having a bad day at my work and my boss sat at his desk/in his office and ignored me he'd be just as culpable imo. How is that going to improve my performance?

I was laying off about the laid back attitude from the bench today then Mrs M59 pointed out that I used to crack up at Yogi exploding. :greengrin
I would rather have CC's considered reaction.,

Removed
15-01-2011, 10:53 PM
I was laying off about the laid back attitude from the bench today then Mrs M59 pointed out that I used to crack up at Yogi exploding. :greengrin
I would rather have CC's considered reaction.,

Problem is that none of us have any real clue what he is considering

monktonharp
15-01-2011, 10:54 PM
sounds a bit like the Hibernian fans just know, almost accepting the innevitable, a bit like being like at a funeral, graveside or creamie, we know what's happening next,cannae do ought aboot it, hurts like hell though

Steve-O
15-01-2011, 11:34 PM
Problem is that none of us have any real clue what he is considering

Probably where he's going to go on his long holiday that's getting ever closer.

Albion Hibs
15-01-2011, 11:38 PM

I think you should spend more time watching the game and less time staring at CC.

End of the day is you and I will never know how much passion and belief he installs in the team, will you?

He will do, as I would expect, his talking in the dressing room.

Are you after someone like Yogi who punches the dug out?

Steve-O
15-01-2011, 11:40 PM
I think you should spend more time watching the game and less time staring at CC.

End of the day is you and I will never know how much passion and belief he installs in the team, will you?

He will do, as I would expect, his talking in the dressing room.

Are you after someone like Yogi who punches the dug out?

I think most of us would rather spend much less time watching games at the minute.

YetholmHibee
15-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Say what you like about Yogi but recent performances from Hibs have been far worse than some of the Tom Kite I watched with him in charge.
We had 2 shots on goal in 90 minutes today.

Your'e having a giraffe!!

THIS IS YOGI's TEAM - IT'S TERRIBLE, JUST LIKE WHEN HE LEFT FALKIRK!!!!

GreenCastle
15-01-2011, 11:48 PM
It's not the main problem we are losing but a small show of emotion would maybe inspire our deadwood.

I was just watching Match of the Day and seeing Owen Coyle at 2v0 down still encouraging his team in a positive manner.

I don't want CC to jump around like Benitez used to do at Liverpool just to get a reaction and try and impress the crowd... but some emotion / more encouragement would help.

Body language is a big thing :agree:

I saw Adams giving CC instructions and feel that he could be the man to get Hibs out of this mess - think he showed with Ross County he could improve us.

Newhaven
16-01-2011, 12:20 AM

No Im serious (and easy with the CAPS LOCK please :greengrin)

Calderwood has had long enough to see who his best team are by now. This is no longer Yogi's team (if CC thinks McBride isn't his type of player - why is he coming on as a sub :confused:) 15 days into the window and still no players have joined - is it going to be another hibs classic of signing someone right at the death :rolleyes:

We need players NOW (think that justified the CAPS LOCK)

YetholmHibee
16-01-2011, 12:30 AM

Calderwood has had long enough to see who his best team are by now. This is no longer Yogi's team (if CC thinks McBride isn't his type of player - why is he coming on as a sub :confused:) 15 days into the window and still no players have joined - is it going to be another hibs classic of signing someone right at the death :rolleyes:

it's still the same players yogi had to deal with - unsuccessfully

YetholmHibee
16-01-2011, 12:32 AM

:dummytit::dummytit::dummytit:

Newhaven
16-01-2011, 12:40 AM
it's still the same players yogi had to deal with - unsuccessfully

:dummytit::dummytit::dummytit:

Aye whatever then - I blame the drink

GreenCastle
16-01-2011, 07:08 PM

So Craig Brown has done more with Mcghee's team in about a month than CC has done since he got here.

New managers usually have some effect on players - I have rarely seen any so far.