PDA

View Full Version : Player Fitness

Sylar
15-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Listening to Calderwood after today's game, I was pretty dismayed at two of his comments in particular:

1) "We're not desperate to sign new players" (discussed in a separate thread) &

2) "Their goal just before half time came as a result of tiredness..."

I was alarmed at the notion that anyone on the park on the first half today could be tired after 40 minutes, as the work-rate was so unbelievably low! What exactly are these guys doing in training through the week in terms of their fitness regimes??

If a professional footballer, getting paid a very handsome salary can't conjure the stamina/energy to run around for 40 minutes without getting tired, they either need emptied from the club immediately or find a new career altogether!

Cropley10
15-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Listening to Calderwood after today's game, I was pretty dismayed at two of his comments in particular:

I was alarmed at the notion that anyone on the park on the first half today could be tired after 40 minutes, as the work-rate was so unbelievably low! What exactly are these guys doing in training through the week in terms of their fitness regimes??

If a professional footballer, getting paid a very handsome salary can't conjure the stamina/energy to run around for 40 minutes without getting tired, they either need emptied from the club immediately or find a new career altogether!

At the risk of sounding jaundiced and cynical - how much use is East Mains...?

Sylar
15-01-2011, 09:14 PM

There have been several posts on here recently slating it as a "5* resort" rather than a training facility.

I thought it was telling today how quickly our players gave up - a regular run up Arthur Seat to boost their fitness levels would do them more good than not :agree:

smurf
15-01-2011, 09:15 PM
De Graff was blowing out his backside in the first half. Watch him concede the midfield in the build up to the Celtc first goal.

Shameful.

simple
15-01-2011, 09:16 PM

At the looks of it none, send them back to the basics at wardie, i look onto the playing fields i'll soon tell you who's working and who's not!!

Wotherspiniesta
15-01-2011, 09:24 PM
The general fitness of our team is shocking. That was Celtic's 3rd game in under 6 days, having played a match on Wednesday with 10 men for an hour. Yet they were easily on top of us in the 2nd half.

Coincide that with the fact we couldn't break down a team of part timers the week before and you have to wonder just what the players do all week.

cocopops1875
15-01-2011, 09:41 PM
i would at this stage consider shutting the doors to EM and getting them back on the public parks as we used to by way of giving them a wake up call dunno if it would have any effect but would be interesting. PS of course the physio and the like would still continue at EM:agree:

The Voice Of Reason
15-01-2011, 09:46 PM
i would at this stage consider shutting the doors to EM and getting them back on the public parks as we used to by way of giving them a wake up call dunno if it would have any effect but would be interesting. PS of course the physio and the like would still continue at EM:agree:

:agree:

Gullane Sand Dunes would do them no harm at all.

Saorsa
15-01-2011, 09:46 PM
At the risk of sounding jaundiced and cynical - how much use is East Mains...?Not a lot by the looks of it, even crap players can be fit but not this lot for whatever reason. £5million on a training center full of unfit 2nd rate players. We had a fitter and better team when they were trained on public parks.

marleyhib
15-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Maybe we should sell East Mains and buy some players?

cocopops1875
15-01-2011, 10:00 PM
i dont thing selling would be the answer as A i would guess the land would not be worth anywhere near what we paid and B the cash invested to built it would be wasted as who else would by a footballing facility :agree:

Speedway
15-01-2011, 10:05 PM

Let's stick to what he actually said shall we?

When asked the leading question of 'How desperate are you to bring in new players?' he took a moment to think about it and said 'we're not too desperate'

What else is he going to say?

As for fitness, he made a point that mental tiredness (that of a side constantly getting beat) was playing a big part. He's right.

If you really need to attack someone at Hibs I recommend any of the following:

Dickoh
Stevenson
EDG
Murray
Wotherspoon
Riordan

Cropley10
15-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Maybe we should buy some players?

Fixed that for you:aok:

marleyhib
15-01-2011, 10:06 PM
i dont thing selling would be the answer as A i would guess the land would not be worth anywhere near what we paid and B the cash invested to built it would be wasted as who else would by a footballing facility :agree:

wasn't being serious mate

HibbyAndy
15-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Not a lot by the looks of it, even crap players can be fit but not this lot for whatever reason. £5million on a training center full of unfit 2nd rate players. We had a fitter and better team when they were trained on public parks.

And that is not one word of a lie by the way :agree:

marleyhib
15-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Fixed that for you:aok:

thanks mate - agreed

Greenblood70
15-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Doesn't help tiredness (mental or otherwise) when your continually surrendering posession to the opposition either like we do on a consistant basis.

cocopops1875
15-01-2011, 10:17 PM
wasn't being serious mate

i gathered that mate just reading some of the posts (not really this thread but others) you would think thats what some want :agree: its a great place and a real feather in our cap but it does need to be used correctly :agree: