PDA

View Full Version : Celtic

sunshine1875
15-01-2011, 08:21 PM
On the way home, the radio guys were saying a "magnificent display by Celtic"

Personally, I thought that was the worst Celtic team I have seen in a long long time, beating the worst Hibs team in a long long time.

It really does sum up how bad Scottish football is at the moment. It also shows that if a non-Infirm team could get their act together and get a string of results together then there could be an upset at the top of the league, as Aberdeen did in the 80's.

Sir David Gray
15-01-2011, 08:38 PM

Personally, I thought that was the worst Celtic team I have seen in a long long time, beating the worst Hibs team in a long long time.

It really does sum up how bad Scottish football is at the moment. It also shows that if a non-Infirm team could get their act together and get a string of results together then there could be an upset at the top of the league, as Aberdeen did in the 80's.

I wouldn't say Celtic were magnificent, although they were well worth their win. However I think that says more about us than it does about them.

Up until they scored, I thought both sides were as poor as each other, with everything happening in the middle of the park. Celtic scoring just before half time gave them a huge lift and getting the penalty and subsequent second goal not long into the second half ended the match as a contest. After they got the third, the last half an hour was basically a training session for Celtic.

Hamish
15-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Bit off topic but I listened for the first time for a while to about 5 minutes of Radio Scotland this afternoon. Absolutely dreadful standard of broadcasting. Amateurish drivel (Richard Gordon apart).

marinello59
15-01-2011, 08:51 PM

Aberdeen managed to win titles despite one or other of the Old Firm being pretty strong. These days the differential between them and the rest stays the same, no matter how poor they are.

Sylar
15-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Unpopular an opinion as it might be, I'd be quite happy to see Hearts put a run together and go on to shock everyone by winning the league.

I'm aware the more odious of their fanbase might make life a living nightmare for the foreseeable future, but it would be nice to see somebody tumble the OF.

sunshine1875
15-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Unpopular an opinion as it might be, I'd be quite happy to see Hearts put a run together and go on to shock everyone by winning the league.

I'm aware the more odious of their fanbase might make life a living nightmare for the foreseeable future, but it would be nice to see somebody tumble the OF.

:shocked:

When we play the Infirm and have been subjected to 90 minutes with their fans and cheating players, I usually come out with the "I hate them more than Hertz" routine.

However, the day after I remind myself how bad a Hertz win at anything is.

Sir David Gray
15-01-2011, 09:25 PM

Please wash your mouth out, right now!

SkintHibby
15-01-2011, 09:31 PM

Jeez, I really have seen it all on here now!:bye:

Spike Mandela
15-01-2011, 09:38 PM

I thought Celtic were really good today. Opinions eh.:greengrin

The guy they had in midfield pulling the strings (no 33) was a joy to watch and I really wish we could have someone like him in our midfield.

Sylar
15-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Hook line and sinker boys :greengrin:fishin: