PDA

View Full Version : sparky griffiths

addym1
15-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Now sparky has signed for wolves and looking for a scottish side to go out on loan to untill the summer surely this could be a quick and easy signing as that would be the young lads dream to play for hibs and yet half a season with ourselfs he could then move on to bigger and better things once he knocks a few in for the hibees?

Future17
15-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Now sparky has signed for wolves and looking for a scottish side to go out on loan to untill the summer surely this could be a quick and easy signing as that would be the young lads dream to play for hibs and yet half a season with ourselfs he could then move on to bigger and better things once he knocks a few in for the hibees?

Looks like a decent player from what I've seen of him, but I'd prefer we sign someone on a permanent deal or give a chance to our own youth players rather than someone else's.

I also worry about the effect of taking a young, Scottish, now-Premiership player on loan and into the dressing room mixing with our younger players and maybe turning their heads.

steviecarnie
15-01-2011, 07:39 PM

where u read/hear that? his gf has moved down to birmingham with him so that would signal that he's staying down the road.

PaulSmith
15-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Has he actually signed for wolves? I read this morning that he was joining them for a week long trial before any deal was concluded.

addym1
15-01-2011, 07:45 PM
where u read/hear that? his gf has moved down to birmingham with him so that would signal that he's staying down the road.

Mick Mcarthy wanted him to stay at dundee untill the end of the season and the sfl wouldnt allow it , he is now linked with hibs, st johnstone and hamilton for a loan move untill the summer

Must not be in Mick Mcarthy short term plans think he is looking long term

addym1
15-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Has he actually signed for wolves? I read this morning that he was joining them for a week long trial before any deal was concluded.

Signed a 2yr deal all over his Facebook page

steviecarnie
15-01-2011, 07:48 PM

signed on thursday and has moved down the road, he was at the game today with the first team.

PaulSmith
15-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Signed a 2yr deal all over his Facebook page

Maybe someone should tell Mick that?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee/9359906.stm

http://www.wolves.co.uk/page/News/0,,10307~2266599,00.html