PDA

View Full Version : Team Selection BINGO

Sammy7nil
15-01-2011, 05:09 PM
When will CC stick with a team?

Yes they are poor but Constant tinkering and change cant help.

CC needs to take 13 players aside plus 2 or 3 loans and hang his hat on them to get us out of this Shambles.

If he cannot pick 13 players and discard the dross after 15 games then he should not be there. There are youngsters who may be there next year but for me Byrne Booth Stephens etc should be no where near the team the Pro's around them at this time time could shatter their confidence.

My team would be

Brown
Thicot Dickoh Hanlon Murray
Zemmama McBride Miller Stevenson
Riordan and Duffy

Subs Wotherspon Nish + New Signings

I would take them aside look them all in the Eye and Tell them to get us out of the mess we are in. :agree::agree::agree:

They would laugh in my face and say we got other managers the sack and we can do the same to you :greengrin

Sir David Gray
15-01-2011, 05:17 PM
I said this in another thread earlier, nineteen different players have started in our last five matches.

Far too many, I would say. :agree:

Goal, Archibald
15-01-2011, 05:19 PM
I said this in another thread earlier, nineteen different players have started in our last five matches.

It seems pretty clear to me that he has no idea of what his best 11 are. Have no problem with him giving everyone a fair crack of the whip but its slightly worrying that he seems no closer to knowing his strongest 11.

nortonhibby
15-01-2011, 05:33 PM

But what are our options a lot of our fans areat breaking point the way i see it there are several options and try to put yourself in RPs Shoes when deciding what to do.

Option 1. Make an announcement on Monday that the Board are fully behind CC And have made funds available for new signings chosen by CC so he can bring in 3 or 4 new pleyesr before the end off the month.

Option 2. Say nothing but do not make funds available and hope the current players with the new manager pull a few good results out the bag and avoid relegation, review things in the Summer.

Option 3. Admit there has been an error and its just not working pay up CCs contract and promote DA And allow DA To bring in his own assistant this must be done very soon so DA Can bring in several of his players in this window.

The major problem is timing we only have days left before the window closes, the 4th otion off getting rid off both off them is no longer an option.

This is the dilema the Board and RP Are facing and i suspect option 2 is where we are heading

Franck is God
15-01-2011, 05:39 PM
It seems pretty clear to me that he has no idea of what his best 11 are. Have no problem with him giving everyone a fair crack of the whip but its slightly worrying that he seems no closer to knowing his strongest 11.

You're right, he clearly doesn't know his best side but a start would be to drop those not performing well and retaining those who actually play ok.

Ian Murray cannot control a ball, run with a ball, pass a ball and is too slow yet starts every game. Ditto De Graaf.

I thought Stevenson had his best game in months in the midfield against Dundee Utd then doesn't appear again until today but at left back.

McBride has been told he can leave but has come on as a sub the last two games now.....why?

Riordan has many talents but playing up front by himself is not one of them, he has no pace, no tricks, little mobility, can't hold up the ball or run in behind so his continued selection is simply baffling.

I'm sure there will be another four or five changes on Tuesday, I wonder if any of them will be based on previous performances or as the OP suggests out of the bingo hat...

hibs0666
15-01-2011, 05:40 PM
When will CC stick with a team?

When he finds one that is capable of winning a game.

Sammy7nil
15-01-2011, 05:43 PM
When he finds one that is capable of winning a game.

Did the team that won at Ibrox get a chance ?

Eh ! No

Not that I would have stuck with it but even then he changed the team :cool2:
He MUST know by now at least 8 or 9 who he deos not want :rolleyes: Surely

Goal, Archibald
15-01-2011, 05:47 PM
You're right, he clearly doesn't know his best side but a start would be to drop those not performing well and retaining those who actually play ok.

Ian Murray cannot control a ball, run with a ball, pass a ball and is too slow yet starts every game. Ditto De Graaf.

I thought Stevenson had his best game in months in the midfield against Dundee Utd then doesn't appear again until today but at left back.

McBride has been told he can leave but has come on as a sub the last two games now.....why?

Riordan has many talents but playing up front by himself is not one of them, he has no pace, no tricks, little mobility, can't hold up the ball or run in behind so his continued selection is simply baffling.

I'm sure there will be another four or five changes on Tuesday, I wonder if any of them will be based on previous performances or as the OP suggests out of the bingo hat...

Cant argue with most of that, FIG - the McBride one is something that struck me as odd when he came on as a sub today.

I'm not saying this is right, but Murray for me is in the side for his determination and hunger - from what I gather, he is a big personality around the club. For me though he struggles - which is a shame as he is one that you know is genuine in his affection for the club.

Calderwood needs to say enough is enough, this is my 11, I'm going to stick with it.

Franck is God
15-01-2011, 05:47 PM

Eh ! No

That has been an annoyance of mine for a while. He clearly went to Ibrox with a team to work hard, close them down, keep it tight make make the most of the chances we got. It was a good game plan, a good performance yet that team didn't start the next match.

Franck is God
15-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Cant argue with most of that, FIG - the McBride one is something that struck me as odd when he came on as a sub today.

I'm not saying this is right, but Murray for me is in the side for his determination and hunger - from what I gather, he is a big personality around the club. For me though he struggles - which is a shame as he is one that you know is genuine in his affection for the club.

Calderwood needs to say enough is enough, this is my 11, I'm going to stick with it.

At the moment I don't care how we pick up points but we have to start with a clean sheet and everything has to be done to organise the defence, at least if we don't concede then a scrappy flukey goal can be enough for 3 points.

I've been particularly disappointed with our set pieces, today we had plenty opportunities to get a good ball into the box and not once did we threaten their defence, it was the same against Ayr.

Sammy7nil
15-01-2011, 06:00 PM
At the moment I don't care how we pick up points but we have to start with a clean sheet and everything has to be done to organise the defence, at least if we don't concede then a scrappy flukey goal can be enough for 3 points.

I've been particularly disappointed with our set pieces, today we had plenty opportunities to get a good ball into the box and not once did we threaten their defence, it was the same against Ayr.

Totally agree about set pieces, the Deek and Zemmama tussling for the ball last week and rotating this week is daft.

Deek hits the best dead ball and delivers the best crosses at ER and MUST take all the deadballs he wants. If he does not fancy it then let Zemmama have a go.

Sir David Gray
15-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Totally agree about set pieces, the Deek and Zemmama tussling for the ball last week and rotating this week is daft.

Deek hits the best dead ball and delivers the best crosses at ER and MUST take all the deadballs he wants. If he does not fancy it then let Zemmama have a go.

Agree with you about free kicks that are in the 20-35 yards range but someone else should be taking our corners and letting Riordan go into the box and try to get on the end of them. He is pretty hopeless at corners as they rarely get past the first man.

nortonhibby
15-01-2011, 06:52 PM

I Spotted that Ayr went top off there league today so it wont be easy but i agree with you if we can sort out set pieces and stay tight and organised at the back we can get out of this mess

hibs0666
15-01-2011, 06:58 PM

Eh ! No

The only change from the team that won at Ibrox for the following game was to bring Riordan in for Wotherspoon so I'm not really sure what you're getting at.

Do you really think that Calderwood doesn't know who he wants out the door? :confused:

Sammy7nil
15-01-2011, 07:04 PM
The only change from the team that won at Ibrox for the following game was to bring Riordan in for Wotherspoon so I'm not really sure what you're getting at.

Do you really think that Calderwood doesn't know who he wants out the door? :confused:

Well 19 players i last 5 games he has doubts.
He has never played the same team and players are in and out like afiddlers elbow
If he knows who he wants out get them named and launched give clubs the chance to pick them up in this window.

I would have hoped he had deals done for start of Jan we have been ppish for months yet here we are two weeks in and no new players

stoneyburn hibs
15-01-2011, 07:12 PM
changing the team selection from week to week imo is simply calderwood trying to get the best from the players at his disposal, he is no mug and can only p@sh with the c@ck he,s got, keeping the same eleven game on game would still see us in the same position, he has to be given time.

Sammy7nil
18-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Well 7 (Seven) changes tonight BBC said CC had rested players on Sat for tonights game :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Yes we were pish against Celtic and a few of the changes were forced BUT CONSTANT chopping and changeing has NEVER worked for any team.

If you asked CC after all the combinations he has tried and failed with including tonights game could name his best starting 11? Not a hope in hell he has no idea who they are

Newhaven
18-01-2011, 11:00 PM

Agreed and so frustrating

We have played the same team in two consecutive matches only once since Calderwood took over. We played the same team that lost to Dundee Utd and then Hearts in October/November.

Since then he has changed the team every week*

DUFC game

Hibernian
31 Mark Brown
02 Hart
03 Grounds
20 Hanlon
26 Bamba
08 De Graaf
11 Rankin
16 Stevenson
22 Danny Galbraith
33 Miller
10 Riordan

H***** game

Mark Brown
02 Hart
03 Grounds
20 Hanlon
26 Bamba
08 De Graaf
11 Rankin
16 Stevenson
22 Danny Galbraith
33 Miller
10 Riordan

*With thanks to my researcher :cool2:

Sir David Gray
18-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Agreed and so frustrating

We have played the same team in two consecutive matches only once since Calderwood took over. We played the same team that lost to Dundee Utd and then Hearts in October/November.

Since then he has changed the team every week*

DUFC game

Hibernian
31 Mark Brown
02 Hart
03 Grounds
20 Hanlon
26 Bamba
08 De Graaf
11 Rankin
16 Stevenson
22 Danny Galbraith
33 Miller
10 Riordan

H***** game

Mark Brown
02 Hart
03 Grounds
20 Hanlon
26 Bamba
08 De Graaf
11 Rankin
16 Stevenson
22 Danny Galbraith
33 Miller
10 Riordan

*With thanks to my researcher :cool2:

I wonder who that could have been!? :whistle:

:wink:

H!BEE
18-01-2011, 11:36 PM
After having time to calm doon after the latest ..........................

I think to be fair to calderwood if he played the same team every week we would be going bananas!!! and the player pool aint the best at the moment!

All we can do is hope he gets his signing targets, and hope that its 3 or 4 players and not the 1 or 2 that seems more likely.

somethings gotta happen, and happen soon!!!

calderwood will guide us out of this!!!

I HOPE AND I PRAY!!!!

COME ON HIBS WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS!!!!

:not worth:top marksfor the fans that went to ayr! :not worth I wanna hear your opinions cause you guys are the real fans!!!!!!

Dr Jimmy
19-01-2011, 08:33 AM
One of my main gripes with Hughes was that regardless of the result he stuck with the same team in the hope results would change. We all know they didn't, but Calderwood seems to have adopted a completely different view on this.
The team he put out last night only had one player (Dickoh) playing in the same position they played in against Celtic. Whilst change was needed did we really need 10....!
The changes last night were as follows,

Smith - Brought in from the cold (Siberia)
Hart - Brought back in
Dickoh - No change
Murray - Moved from Midfield to defence
Hanlon - Moved from CH to LB
McBride - Brought back in (when did he ever play Right Mid by the way?)
Miller - Brought back after suspension
Rankin - Brought back in from the cold
Riordan - Moved from CF to left mid
Duffy - Brought back in
Nish - Brought back in from the cold (despite discussing move away recently)

A very important game with the pressure mounting and he changes it from top to bottom and starts with two players he has told can leave the club....unbelievable.

Cropley10
19-01-2011, 09:42 AM
One of my main gripes with Hughes was that regardless of the result he stuck with the same team in the hope results would change. We all know they didn't, but Calderwood seems to have adopted a completely different view on this.
The team he put out last night only had one player (Dickoh) playing in the same position they played in against Celtic. Whilst change was needed did we really need 10....!
The changes last night were as follows,

Smith - Brought in from the cold (Siberia)
Hart - Brought back in
Dickoh - No change
Murray - Moved from Midfield to defence
Hanlon - Moved from CH to LB
McBride - Brought back in (when did he ever play Right Mid by the way?)
Miller - Brought back after suspension
Rankin - Brought back in from the cold
Riordan - Moved from CF to left mid
Duffy - Brought back in
Nish - Brought back in from the cold (despite discussing move away recently)

A very important game with the pressure mounting and he changes it from top to bottom and starts with two players he has told can leave the club....unbelievable.

Agreed. He gambled on the 'older, more experienced players' digging him out of this one.

As has been said many times - if Hart, Nish, Rankin, McBride, SMITH and Duffy never played for us again I wouldn't care.

big-mo
19-01-2011, 09:43 AM
As has been said, when will CC decide what his best team is?
In his 14 games he has only had the same team fielded once:

Aberdeen First Game
Dundee Utd 5 changes
Hearts same team
Rangers 4 changes
Motherwell 2 changes
ICT 1 change
St Johnstone 1 change
Kilmarnock 2 changes
Aberdeen 3 changes
Dundee Utd 5 changes
Hearts 4 changes
Ayr Utd 2 changes
Celtic 3 changes
Ayr Utd 7 changes

Some of these changes were forced, transfers, injuries and suspension but surely he should know by now what his best team is.

Expecting Rain
19-01-2011, 09:48 AM
Brown

wotherspoon
hanlon
signing
murray

zemmama
signing
miller
riordan

duffy
byrne

ancient hibee
19-01-2011, 09:52 AM
His choiceof midfield was awful-who was going to get us the ball?Not being able to tackle a fish supper Miller is top of our stats for yellow cards and as Andy Walker said on TV Rankine gives away cheap fouls all over the field.They are all experienced pro's but don't have a heart between them.

Sammy7nil
19-01-2011, 11:52 AM
I only found out Brown was dropped !! I thought he must be injured.

Okay kicking poor but he makes saves. Smith started of okay at Hibs and has got worse with everygame.

CC has a lot to answer for.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2011, 01:15 PM
The BINGO Selction continues :confused: lets hope today we can at least shout House. :greengrin

Sammy7nil
22-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Only the 5 changes today :cool2: :rolleyes:

Lets hope the the balls have been kind to Colin today. :agree:

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 02:12 PM
We really need to pick and keep an 11 to build some sort of consistency.

No co-incidence we look so dis jointed so often.

skipster7
22-01-2011, 02:19 PM
he probably cant believe what permutation he tries our pros seem incapable of the basic skills:rolleyes: does anyone think recent performances have allowed him to say "same as last game lads " ?

Sammy7nil
22-01-2011, 02:37 PM
All the teams CC has selected have been Pish I know why he has tried changes

However he MUST try to give the team confidence, I can let CC in ti a secret constant change only breeds DOUBT.

CC team selctions have been Bewildering Beyond Belief

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 02:39 PM
If you were a player you wouldn't know what was going on.

Does he trust me or is this my last game ?

When was the last time we played the same 11 two weeks in a row ?

Not saying players deserve to keep their positions as they have been terrible but surely that's a huge part of the problem at ER right now.

skipster7
22-01-2011, 02:44 PM
If you were a player you wouldn't know what was going on.

Does he trust me or is this my last game ?

When was the last time we played the same 11 two weeks in a row ?

Not saying players deserve to keep their positions as they have been terrible but surely that's a huge part of the problem at ER right now.

you could ask when was the last time the same 11 deserved to be picked 2 weeks in a row ? the players shouldn't be wondering if he trusts them but bursting a gut so they cant be left out, which i see no evidence off .

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 02:48 PM
you could ask when was the last time the same 11 deserved to be picked 2 weeks in a row ? the players shouldn't be wondering if he trusts them but bursting a gut so they cant be left out, which i see no evidence off .

I agree he doesn't know his best 11 - but he's been there long enough to start the re-building so should have some idea of his best group of players to keep us up.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2011, 03:57 PM
The team for Wednesday

Brown
Hart Hanlon Dickoh Murray
Miller Thornhill Mc Bride Riordan
Nish Trakys

Just 7 changes and one positional change :wink:
Who would bet against it

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 04:02 PM
There seems there are a few on here who get the team leaked to them every week..:agree:

Sammy7nil
30-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Some New Balls in th hat today and few removed permenantly.

The balls were kind today only 4 changes :wink:

Sammy7nil
01-02-2011, 04:24 PM
STACK in Goal tomorrow :cool2:

One word WHY? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: