PDA

View Full Version : Craig brown

Hibees07
15-01-2011, 03:48 PM
What a fantastic job Craig Brown has done at Aberdeen. Clearly this guy knows what it takes to turn around a football team. I think we missed out big time by not checking him out when Yogi left.

Maybe CC needs to sneak into a few of the guys training sessions and find out what it takes to organise and motivate a team.

Also straight into the transfer market with a couple of decent signings.

Well done Craig! :agree:

truehibernian
15-01-2011, 03:54 PM
What a fantastic job Craig Brown has done at Aberdeen. Clearly this guy knows what it takes to turn around a football team. I think we missed out big time by not checking him out when Yogi left.

Maybe CC needs to sneak into a few of the guys training sessions and find out what it takes to organise and motivate a team.

Archie Knox is key. Brown is intelligent but diplomatic and sensible. Knox is old school, no nonsense, kick up the erse style coach. Really good blend of experience. And experience tells in the end.

cabbageandribs1875
15-01-2011, 03:54 PM
considered too old by quite a few on here, also a lot of disrespect towards him :agree: having said that, i have no idea if he could work wonders with the dross we have :hmmm:

smurf
15-01-2011, 03:57 PM

We did "check him out".

He wasn't even interested in talking to our board.

Source: Graham Spiers.

Wonder why not?

The Voice Of Reason
15-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Don't forget that Brown is in a management "team" with Archie Knox. This is very important in football. They have known each other for years, built up a trust and respect for each other and know how each other work.

Meanwhile back at Easter Road, our management team didn't even know each other until they joined forces. I just don't think this is right and I am not surprised that they are failing miserably so far. I am not saying that CC should go as this would be crazy. However neither CC or Adams inspire me and both strike me as being dour and un-exciting (if that is a word). Not sure how motivated I would be following a CC/Adams teamtalk ?!?

I fear the worst for this season. :boo hoo:

Hibees07
15-01-2011, 04:03 PM
considered too old by quite a few on here, also a lot of disrespect towards him :agree: having said that, i have no idea if he could work wonders with the dross we have :hmmm:

Let's be honest, the dross at Aberdeen is not much better, if not worse than the dross at Easter Road.

They really have proved what can be done with a bunch of duds if you know how to go about it.

I hope CC turns it around but I won't hold my breath. We, more than any other club require new players and all we hear about is 'stumbling blocks' here there and everywhere. I just wonder if the board have realised they made a mistake and are now pulling back on releasing funds.

The Falcon
15-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Also, apparently Brown was approached by us and knocked us back. Perhaps that says more about his appraisal of our current squad than anything else.

Don't forget that Brown is in a management "team" with Archie Knox. This is very important in football. They have known each other for years, built up a trust and respect for each other and know how each other work.

Meanwhile back at Easter Road, our management team didn't even know each other until they joined forces. I just don't think this is right and I am not surprised that they are failing miserably so far. I am not saying that CC should go as this would be crazy. However neither CC or Adams inspire me and both strike me as being dour and un-exciting (if that is a word). Not sure how motivated I would be following a CC/Adams teamtalk ?!?

I fear the worst for this season. :boo hoo:

cabbageandribs1875
15-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Let's be honest, the dross at Aberdeen is not much better, if not worse than the dross at Easter Road.

They really have proved what can be done with a bunch of duds if you know how to go about it.

I hope CC turns it around but I won't hold my breath. We, more than any other club require new players and all we hear about is 'stumbling blocks' here there and everywhere. I just wonder if the board have realised they made a mistake and are now pulling back on releasing funds.

possibly, we should find out soon enough, or maybe they will take a huge gamble and hope that our 'experienced' players will see us out till the end of the season :panic:

rubber mal
15-01-2011, 04:48 PM
CB has got results since he came in but let's not lose sight of the fact that it has been against the bottom three teams (which sadly includes us). I'd rather reserve judgement until he's been there a few months.

Andy74
15-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Brown turning us down is total nonsense. Apart from anything else did you hear him talking about how big Aberdeen were compared to Motherwell and that it was a big step up in resource and infrastructure. If he'd been asked to come here he'd have done so in a minute.

7Hero
15-01-2011, 05:11 PM
we will never get experience in the management seat as it costs money, when mowbray left we should have done this especially for all the young talent we had

Instead we go for cheap and inexperienced. A complete disgrace would be an understatement when you look at hibs record of appointing managers over the years.

Danderhall Hibs
15-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Brown turning us down is total nonsense. Apart from anything else did you hear him talking about how big Aberdeen were compared to Motherwell and that it was a big step up in resource and infrastructure. If he'd been asked to come here he'd have done so in a minute.

Why is he peddling this in the media then?

Instead we go for cheap and inexperienced.

I don't think this is true of Calderwood, is it?

Goal, Archibald
15-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Cant stand Craig Brown but there is no doubt that himself and Knox have steadied the ship - which is a shame as I cant stand Aberdeen.

7Hero
15-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Why is he peddling this in the media then?

I don't think this is true of Calderwood, is it?

im thinking it is happy to be proved wrong though, in comparison to brown certainly younger..

HNA6
15-01-2011, 05:18 PM
we will never get experience in the management seat as it costs money, when mowbray left we should have done this especially for all the young talent we had

Instead we go for cheap and inexperienced. A complete disgrace would be an understatement when you look at hibs record of appointing managers over the years.Not quite..Mcleish signed some cracking players ..Mowbray had us playing good entertaining football & put bums on seats ..Collins won us the league cup ..:rolleyes:

7Hero
15-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Not quite..Mcleish signed some cracking players ..Mowbray had us playing good entertaining football & put bums on seats ..Collins won us the league cup ..:rolleyes:

no need to roll your eyes, i don't disagree with your points, however my point is factually correct, mowbray and collins both inexperienced, doesn't matter how entertaining or succesful they were the point is we dont employ experienced managers.

and collins despite success for me was the wrong appointment, an experineced man then and since would have been a better solution, especially as we had so many younger players..

as for mcleish that was the halcion days of hibernian football club when they spent money on the team aswell, bring back those days please..

HIBERNIAN-0762
15-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Man management is Brown greatest asset and he has the ability to talk to a player to discuss his likes and dislikes, strengths and weaknesses, source?, training staff.

HNA6
15-01-2011, 05:31 PM
no need to roll your eyes, i don't disagree with your points, however my point is factually correct, mowbray and collins both inexperienced, doesn't matter how entertaining or succesful they were the point is we dont employ experienced managers.

and collins despite success for me was the wrong appointment, an experineced man then and since would have been a better solution, especially as we had so many younger players..

as for mcleish that was the halcion days of hibernian football club when they spent money on the team aswell, bring back those days please..Correct but not exactly a disgrace then is it ..?

BEEJ
15-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Also, apparently Brown was approached by us and knocked us back. Perhaps that says more about his appraisal of our current squad than anything else.
Or perhaps his appraisal of other matters at the club.

Danderhall Hibs
15-01-2011, 05:37 PM
We did "check him out".

He wasn't even interested in talking to our board.

Source: Graham Spiers.

Wonder why not?

He KBd Aberdeen on their 1st approach as well. Maybe we didn't go cap in hand after he said no like Aberdeen did?

The Falcon
15-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Or perhaps his appraisal of other matters at the club.

Perhaps. But unless the man says it will be open to speculation. Which may suit certain agenda's