PDA

View Full Version : SFA Youth Cup - Hearts 0 Hibs 1 FT (root, toot, the yams are oot)

oconnors_strip
15-01-2011, 03:32 PM
if you want to see 11 hibs players show commitment and desire to wearing the green shirt then head along to tynie tomorrow, kick off 1pm. £4 adults £2 concessions.

good luck to the lads!

PaulSmith
16-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Can any good people at the game please keep us posted

Jaz
16-01-2011, 12:31 PM
1-0 Hibs.

Winston Ingram
16-01-2011, 12:43 PM
1-0 Hibs.

How long gone?

Jaz
16-01-2011, 12:43 PM
How long gone?

1pm KO.

Moulin Yarns
16-01-2011, 12:49 PM
1-0 Hibs.

Scorer?

oconnors_strip
16-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Ross caldwell scorer

Good 1st half from the youngsters!

BEEJ
16-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Ross caldwell scorer

Good 1st half from the youngsters!
Keep it up lads! :flag:

sunshine1875
16-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Latest from Kickback:

half time 1.-0hibs. hibs started better but were gifted a goal by hearts, we had a free kick deep in there half and with 4hearts players around the ball we took it and passed straight to a hobo and it was a four v two break and they scored with there only shot on goal. Hearts took 25mins to take control of match but have been restricted to long distance shooting. If the hobo no7 knew how to hold his line (he strayed offside needlesly so many times i am sure he does not know the offside rule) we could be in more trouble. game is there for the taking. crowd about 400.

Oh, aye hearts goalie off,hand ball outside box

:flag::flag:

PC Stamp
16-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Latest from Kickback:

half time 1.-0hibs. hibs started better but were gifted a goal by hearts, we had a free kick deep in there half and with 4hearts players around the ball we took it and passed straight to a hobo and it was a four v two break and they scored with there only shot on goal. Hearts took 25mins to take control of match but have been restricted to long distance shooting. If the hobo no7 knew how to hold his line (he strayed offside needlesly so many times i am sure he does not know the offside rule) we could be in more trouble. game is there for the taking. crowd about 400.

Sub goalie apparently just did the same and was YELLOW carded! :rolleyes:

greenlex
16-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Final whistle yet?

Jaz
16-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Full time 1-0.

Mikey
16-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Aye. 1 nil to the good guys.

Iggy Pope
Great news this when we are desperate for some. When's the draw :greengrin

BEEJ
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::flag:

Ahem ....... good show, lads! Jolly well done and keep up the good work.

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Well done lads. :top marks:top marks:flag:

Wotherspiniesta
16-01-2011, 01:56 PM
:flag::flag::flag:

That's some turn around after getting hammered by them the last time. Well done the lads! :thumbsup:

fife hfc
16-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Surely not? I thought Hibs youth system was in tatters and hearts were steaming ahead as ours stalled. My be one result but does show that the club my not be as stuffed as some on here would have us believe. Well done boys:flag:

matty_f
16-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Even the Yams young team have a special relationship with the cup!:greengrin

sunshine1875
16-01-2011, 01:59 PM
:flag::flag::flag:

That's some turn around after getting hammered by them the last time. Well done the lads! :thumbsup:

I think at this age group, there will be good days, bad days and in-between days. Today has been a good day!

trev the hat
16-01-2011, 02:01 PM
:flag: Well done boys, good luck in the next round.:flag:
:top marks

berwickhibee
16-01-2011, 02:02 PM
well done to james mcdonaugh and the boys,great result.

And on the plus side most of them are only 17:thumbsup:

matty_f
16-01-2011, 02:05 PM
well done to james mcdonaugh and the boys,great result.

And on the plus side most of them are only 17:thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

oconnors_strip
16-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Well done lads! Every single hibs player gave it their all and worked as a team! Their celebrations at end showed how much it meant to them.

Roll on the next round, don't know when draw is as there is still a lot of rearranged games to be played.

HibeePaj
16-01-2011, 02:08 PM
:flag::flag:GGTTH:flag::flag:

Wheat Hound
16-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Let them play on tues against Ayr!

sunshine1875
16-01-2011, 03:16 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110116/hearts-0-hibernian-1_2262950_2268290

HibbiesandtheBaddies
16-01-2011, 03:41 PM

Sub goalie apparently just did the same and was YELLOW carded! :rolleyes:

To be fair for the 2nd one, the ball was angled toward the conrer flag while Crawford (I think) was running onto it away from goal so wasn't really stopping a goal scoring opportunity. Muppet keeper should just have heided it out for a shy.

First one was defo a goalscoring chance as the Hibs player was running straight at goal, keeper should have booted that one out wi his feet. Couple o numpties :doh:

Perspective
16-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Enjoyed that more than most of the first-team games this season.

Didn't think the standard overall was great, but it was a difficult pitch to play on. As oconnors_strip points out it was a good team performance from Hibs, everyone grafting for each other and pressing all over the pitch.

Marc Lancaster was great for the first goal, a real surging run down the left before crossing. Was good defensively after that too. Thought Jordon Forster was a stand-out. Kept it simple at the back and was brave throughout. Threw his body in front of the ball time and time again, plus a great last-ditch block near the end.

Horner showed up well in flashes and Scott Smith again showed his range of passing. Has he been playing as a defensive midfielder all season?

Saw Colin Calderwood and Derek Adams in the crowd. Hopefully they liked what they saw.

BEEJ
16-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Horner showed up well in flashes and Scott Smith again showed his range of passing. Has he been playing as a defensive midfielder all season?
Has played LB as well.

Dunbar Hibee
16-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Who was our number 7 then?

Perspective
16-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Who was our number 7 then?

David Crawford, I think.

Billy
16-01-2011, 04:07 PM
To be fair for the 2nd one, the ball was angled toward the conrer flag while Crawford (I think) was running onto it away from goal so wasn't really stopping a goal scoring opportunity. Muppet keeper should just have heided it out for a shy.First one was defo a goalscoring chance as the Hibs player was running straight at goal, keeper should have booted that one out wi his feet. Couple o numpties :doh:

I was in the Wheatfield Stand so had a great view of this incident. The keeper handled the ball with both hands a good 3 foot outside his area. If he was near the white line, then yes I would have expected a yellow but to be that far out!

Perspective
16-01-2011, 04:08 PM
I was in the Wheatfield Stand so had a great view of this incident. The keeper handled the ball with both hands a good 3 foot outside his area. If he was near the white line, then yes I would have expected a yellow but to be that far out!

Hard to tell from where I was sitting but didn't keeper do it in the first half too?

Billy
16-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Hard to tell from where I was sitting but didn't keeper do it in the first half too?

I thought he did but on review he was right on the line.

Will have the winning goal on the freeview player of the Official site in a wee while - great goal.

Iggy Pope
16-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Latest from Kickback:

Tremendous really. Our coaches obviously struggle with teaching our wee Hobos how to deal with the offside law.

Goalies charging about outside the box like scrum halfs however?

Perspective
16-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Tremendous really. Our coaches obviously struggle with teaching our wee Hobos how to deal with the offside law.

Goalies charging about outside the box like scrum halfs however?

To be fair, Alastair Stevenson was screaming at him to stay onside throughout. All part of the learning process. Some of the senior players still haven't figured it out!

Scott Robinson's tackle on Lewis Horner was a bit naughty too, but that's probably just frustration at a complete non-performance throughout from the supposed wonderkid.

Iggy Pope
16-01-2011, 04:33 PM
To be fair, Alastair Stevenson was screaming at him to stay onside throughout. All part of the learning process. Some of the senior players still haven't figured it out!Scott Robinson's tackle on Lewis Horner was a bit naughty too, but that's probably just frustration at a complete non-performance throughout from the supposed wonderkid.

Come on now, don't miss the irony I'm attempting. I'm sure the boy understands offside
:wink:

Perspective
16-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Come on now, don't miss the irony I'm attempting. I'm sure the boy understands offside
:wink:

Most pundits/Celtic fans don't given the last week.

Billy
16-01-2011, 04:43 PM
The goal is now on the freeview player on the official site :thumbsup:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10290,00.html

BEEJ
16-01-2011, 04:52 PM

Great goal! :thumbsup:

Jaz
16-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Where exactly is the video for this?

Billy
16-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Where exactly is the video for this?

On the front page of the official site there is a small screen. It will show an advertisement for a film - thereafter, footage will come up with the goal. To get sound click on the sound icon.

Randerson_4
16-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Well done & fully deserved! Thought they were organised & tried to mixup playing football & catching Hearts long - as was said, if only Crawford timed his run! Smith looked good in the middle, Horner & the no.10 impressed. Crawford looked pact & sharp. Mom for ne was Forster. Outstanding I thought, won everything or at least challenged the big hearts no.9

The sending off was fair. He grabbed the ball in. Can only imagine the angle & the fact the sub keeper tool the ball out rather than grabbing it inwards was the yellow, tho I feel the ref bottled it

DaveF
16-01-2011, 05:43 PM

Cracking goal - great break and an excellent cool finish.

ancient hibee
16-01-2011, 05:48 PM
That was a very nicely worked goal with a composure on display throughout the move sadly lacking in the senior team.

PaulSmith
16-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Enjoyed that more than most of the first-team games this season.

Didn't think the standard overall was great, but it was a difficult pitch to play on. As oconnors_strip points out it was a good team performance from Hibs, everyone grafting for each other and pressing all over the pitch.

Marc Lancaster was great for the first goal, a real surging run down the left before crossing. Was good defensively after that too. Thought Jordon Forster was a stand-out. Kept it simple at the back and was brave throughout. Threw his body in front of the ball time and time again, plus a great last-ditch block near the end.

Saw Colin Calderwood and Derek Adams in the crowd. Hopefully they liked what they saw.

Interesting that he's moved in their, I have to say that I don't think that he is either a left back (very similar to Callum Milne!) or is big enough to play centre half. Maybe this could be the making of him putting him into the mix in the middle of the park

Removed
16-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Cracking goal - great break and an excellent cool finish.

:agree:

Perspective
16-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Interesting that he's moved in their, I have to say that I don't think that he is either a left back (very similar to Callum Milne!) or is big enough to play centre half. Maybe this could be the making of him putting him into the mix in the middle of the park

He has the passing range and reading of the game, but I think he looks a bit sluggish and looks as if he's carrying a wee bit. Could just be an unflattering strip though.

fife hfc
16-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Cracking goal. Passing and movement all done at pace.:aok: