PDA

View Full Version : Is Calderwood the answer?

KeithTheHibby
15-01-2011, 03:18 PM
I am prepared to give him the chance he deserves however I am disappointed in results since he took over and he does look like he cannot turn things around with the squad he currently has.

I thought today he appeared clueless about when to make substitutions, why on earth wait until 20 minutes after losing the 2nd goal do we revert to 4-4-2??

It was very similiar against the yams, backs to the wall for 60 minutes and crying out for a change in tactics yet he waits until we lose a goal in the 85th minute before changing things.

it is also galling to see us play 1 man up front at home to Celtic - I really do fear that we are going to be relegated.

Billychaotic182
15-01-2011, 03:26 PM
So far he has us playing hoofball with no target man.
He has not brought in any of his own players.
He has told McBride he can go when he is one of our 'better' players, much better than De Guff or Rankin
keeps changing the team everyweek. even if we win
He doesn't know how to use a sub at the right time.
If you ask me he has to prove himself and right now he is not doing that.

Spike Mandela
15-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Depends what the ****ing question is...............

steviehfc
15-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Is Calderwood the answer?

If the question is: Who is the most uninspiring manager to have a job in the SPL, then the answer would have to be yes....Calderwood is indeed the answer.

Hibeesb0unc3
15-01-2011, 03:33 PM
I am prepared to give him the chance he deserves however I am disappointed in results since he took over and he does look like he cannot turn things around with the squad he currently has.

I thought today he appeared clueless about when to make substitutions, why on earth wait until 20 minutes after losing the 2nd goal do we revert to 4-4-2??

It was very similiar against the yams, backs to the wall for 60 minutes and crying out for a change in tactics yet he waits until we lose a goal in the 85th minute before changing things.

it is also galling to see us play 1 man up front at home to Celtic - I really do fear that we are going to be relegated.

like yourself i too would give him some more time, but the fact he didnt make any subs until we were 3-0 down really does worry me and many other fans about his ability to get hibs playing some football and picking up points

marleyhib
15-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Why o why did he play Riordan up front on his own against Celtic, he just isn't that type of player. With a woeful midfield and a team very short on confidence we play hoof-ball up to a smallish striker against 2 big centre halves.

Zemamma was always to light weight and ineffective against the Old Firm.

No consistency of selection, awful body language, little motivation pretty clueless it would seem - be delighted to be proved wrong soon but I am not my holding breath.

If we lose on Tuesday knives will be out big time.

Greenheart
15-01-2011, 03:36 PM
If the question is - Is calderwood the man to manage Hibs? then the answer is NO.

He has no idea on how to change the play stands motionless on the sidelines appears no communication to players to even try to change the formation or counteract the opposition.

Sorry time for him to go but I never wanted him if the first place.

hibs0666
15-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Why o why did he play Riordan up front on his own against Celtic, he just isn't that type of player. With a woeful midfield and a team very short on confidence we play hoof-ball up to a smallish striker against 2 big centre halves.

Zemamma was always to light weight and ineffective against the Old Firm.

No consistency of selection, awful body language, little motivation pretty clueless it would seem - be delighted to be proved wrong soon but I am not my holding breath.

If we lose on Tuesday knives will be out big time.

The knives might well be out on Tuesday, and it will be the knee-jerk gobby 'supporters' who will be leading the lynch mob.

hibs0666
15-01-2011, 03:39 PM
If the question is - Is calderwood the man to manage Hibs? then the answer is NO.

He has no idea on how to change the play stands motionless on the sidelines appears no communication to players to even try to change the formation or counteract the opposition.

Sorry time for him to go but I never wanted him if the first place.

Sounds like all we need is a cross between Zebedee and Charlie Wheelan and we'll have cracked it.

The problems at Hibs will not be solved by a couple of tactical adjustments.

marleyhib
15-01-2011, 03:40 PM
The knives might well be out on Tuesday, and it will be the knee-jerk gobby 'supporters' who will be leading the lynch mob.

maybe, but a lot of people will find it unacceptable to get punted out the cup by a part time team

hibs0666
15-01-2011, 03:43 PM
maybe, but a lot of people will find it unacceptable to get punted out the cup by a part time team

Couldn't agree more. I will be down there to support my team and Calderwood will not be getting in the neck from me if it all goes breasts skyward.

steviehfc
15-01-2011, 03:48 PM
The knives might well be out on Tuesday, and it will be the knee-jerk gobby 'supporters' who will be leading the lynch mob.So, if we were to lose on Tuesday, do you not think he would deserve the knives to be out for him. Surely we should have seen some evidence of things improving by now? I sure as hell haven't seen the slightest glimmer of improvement since he came in, to be honest we have got worse.

Alfred E Newman
15-01-2011, 03:48 PM
He has to be one of the most uninspiring managers we have ever had, even than Miller. He might be a nice guy but I am afraid he is not the sort of character we need in our desperate predicament. The squad he has inherited is dire and the addition of a couple of cut price players in the window is not going to change that .
The atmosphere in the crowd today was depressing as if we are all resigned to the inevitable.

Sir David Gray
15-01-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm getting quite concerned, to be honest.

I know he's only had 3 months in the job but, barring the freak result against Rangers, results have actually got worse since he arrived and performances look clueless and disjointed. Playing one up front at home is never a good sign either.

He appears not to know what his first XI is at this stage and that is a worry as well. Nineteen players have started for us in our last five matches and I would suggest that is far too many.

He has only won two out of his thirteen games in charge and in six of those matches, we have failed to score. No matter what way you look at it, the stats don't look good.

I think if we lose on Tuesday night, which is entirely possible, the knives could be out.

The Voice Of Reason
15-01-2011, 04:02 PM
I'm getting quite concerned, to be honest.

I know he's only had 3 months in the job but, barring the freak result against Rangers, results have actually got worse since he arrived and performances look clueless and disjointed. Playing one up front at home is never a good sign either.

He appears not to know what his first XI is at this stage and that is a worry as well. Nineteen players have started for us in our last five matches and I would suggest that is far too many.

He has only won two out of his thirteen games in charge and in six of those matches, we have failed to score. No matter what way you look at it, the stats don't look good.

I think if we lose on Tuesday night, which is entirely possible, the knives could be out.

Agreed - results based business, not looking good. :boo hoo:

PaulSmith
15-01-2011, 04:19 PM
He has to be one of the most uninspiring managers we have ever had, even than Miller. He might be a nice guy but I am afraid he is not the sort of character we need in our desperate predicament. The squad he has inherited is dire and the addition of a couple of cut price players in the window is not going to change that .
The atmosphere in the crowd today was depressing as if we are all resigned to the inevitable.

Uninspiring appointment and sadly uninspiring is what we're getting.
Today was absolutely brutal, meek, weak and probably the least talented *******s ever to wear the club colours.

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Who is the most uninspiring boss I can remember in my 26 yrs of following Hibs?
Who is leading us towards relegation?
Who has miraculously made our terrible team WORSE since taking over?
Who is verging on having a worse record than Sauzee despite being an 'experienced' manager?
Who loves hoofball?
Who has not got the slightest clue who their strongest team is despite watching them in training every day for 3 months?
Who is draining the absolute life out of me more and more every wk?

Calderwood is the answer to a lot of questions...

hibbymac
15-01-2011, 04:26 PM
No

Dr Jimmy
15-01-2011, 04:27 PM
His team (regardless of personnel) never look like scoring and his defence always look likely to lose a goal. Not a good combination.

confused
15-01-2011, 04:31 PM
My name might be the answer ?? but i'm "confused" as to why Mcbride is told he can go if he finds another club, then comes of the bench to try and salvage a result for us ??? if he had pulled of a miricle ,what would we have done ??? let our match saviour go for free, ???? it just does'nt add up in my head

Goal, Archibald
15-01-2011, 04:34 PM
On one hand I feel for him as he is playing with a deck of cards that are not his, as a squad, it's very low in quality. However, even though they are not his players, this does not make him exempt from us being critical of him. Each week leaves me asking more questions.

We are damn lucky that a couple of the teams at the foot of the SPL are so poor, of we would be in bigger bother than we currently are in.

Oh, Duffy is a must to get a run in the side. Really like the look of him, very intelligent in his running.

basehibby
15-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Is Calderwood the answer? Jury very much out on that one as yet IMO.

He has looked like he's been tinkering with the line up in an effort to appraise which players are worth keeping and which ones not thus far, but there's only so long he can carry on doing that - sooner rather than later he needs to start putting a winning team on the park and pull us out of the relegation mire.

What happens between now and the end of the month will be instrumental in his success or downfall - but even more instrumental will be what happens at Sommerset Park on Tuesday - if we are forced to watch Hibs get humped out of yet another cup by lower league opposition then the fury of the fans will know no bounds which may end up, rightly or wrongly, forcing Petries hand again.

smurf
15-01-2011, 04:50 PM
No idea.

Don't think an honest answer can be given until the board that appointed him, having paid 100K compensation, back him in building his own side.

eastmainsmsh
15-01-2011, 05:12 PM
....Time will tell We have to give CC time but how long can this go on for ...It would be great in a years time if we look back on this period as a Transitional one ...:notworthy:

hibs0666
15-01-2011, 05:23 PM
So, if we were to lose on Tuesday, do you not think he would deserve the knives to be out for him. Surely we should have seen some evidence of things improving by now? I sure as hell haven't seen the slightest glimmer of improvement since he came in, to be honest we have got worse.

No I don't think he would deserve the knives to be out for him. We hoped when he took the job that he would be able to get better out of our team of heroes. As it has turned out Hughes was already getting the best out of them, as that team of players is basically ******.

The only way you could argue that Calderwood should shoulder the blame is if this team was capable of consistenly doing much better than they are at the moment. This team has proven over the last year that this is not the case, and Calderwood is probably the one guy at the club who does not deserve any responsibility for our predicament.

hibs0666
15-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Who is the most uninspiring boss I can remember in my 26 yrs of following Hibs?
Who is leading us towards relegation?
Who has miraculously made our terrible team WORSE since taking over?
Who is verging on having a worse record than Sauzee despite being an 'experienced' manager?
Who loves hoofball?
Who has not got the slightest clue who their strongest team is despite watching them in training every day for 3 months?
Who is draining the absolute life out of me more and more every wk?

Calderwood is the answer to a lot of questions...

I'm surprised it is not the team that is draining the life out of you - goodness knows it has been draining the life out of me for the last year.

Hank Schrader
15-01-2011, 05:31 PM
No idea.

Don't think an honest answer can be given until the board that appointed him, having paid 100K compensation, back him in building his own side.

I don't need to add anything to the this. :top marks

vahibbie
15-01-2011, 05:37 PM
No idea.

Or until he wastes most of whatever smallish budget we have.:confused:
It wouldn't actually be very fair to the guy but I wouldn't shed a tear if he walked or was pushed. We've just been so *****e that straw clutching looks a no bad option.

erin go bragh
15-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Were in dire straights if no one gets brought in asap[aberdeen have managed [craig brown]to turn things around pretty instantly,and have managed some new players into the bargain,when i heard cc was appointed my heart sank but on hearing him talking i started to come round to his appointment but as yet he has done nothing to improve us in 3 months . Its now day 15 of the window being open and we have signed jack ****[who if existed would be better than de graff] so it looks like my initial feeling when he was appointed was the correct one. I pray im wrong :rolleyes:

alanhall69
15-01-2011, 06:00 PM
yes he and adams are

the players arent . to many ready to leave :na na:

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-01-2011, 06:25 PM
He can't turn this squad of players into a team. What worries me though, is that I don't know if the boards' pockets are deep enough to dig in for the players that he would need. In terms of players, Collins contacts were laughable, Hughes Arsenal contacts were hot air, but CC only months out of the North East can find us four or five loaners to get us over the safety linr.

chrisski33
15-01-2011, 06:54 PM
the players who are out of contract dont care as know they are leaving so perhaps they shud be signed up or binned now? what is the players win bonus? if players know they are leaving in summer can cc get them to play their hearts out for the club? i still cant believe we havent signed anyone yet! as been said in other thread look how brown has turned the sheep around!