PDA

View Full Version : de Graaf

iwasthere1972
15-01-2011, 04:17 PM
The only contribution he made today was being substituted.

The guy is totally useless and how he ever made a living as a professional footballer is beyond me. Slower than a wet weekend in Arbroath and as useful as a 3 foot basketball player

When does his contract run out?

Hibeesb0unc3
15-01-2011, 04:18 PM
hopefully when its burned after his first half season performance

GreenPJ
15-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Is he any worse than some of our "star" players?

Spike Mandela
15-01-2011, 04:20 PM

The guy is totally useless and how he ever made a living as a professional footballer is beyond me. Slower than a wet weekend in Arbroath and as useful as a 3 foot basketball player

Noticed that Calderwood never even looked his direction as he trudged off. No consoling pat on the back or words in his ear.

Not sure what it signifies if anything but he was more animated with the other subs.

Cropley10
15-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Noticed that Calderwood never even looked his direction as he trudged off. No consoling pat on the back or words in his ear.

Not sure what it signifies if anything but he was more animated with the other subs.

He must keep thinking that Yogi bought this guy and that he couldn't surely have seen him play beforehand :dunno:

NAE NOOKIE
15-01-2011, 04:23 PM
In a team playing as poorly as they could be he stands out as bloody useless.

The fact that he came back out after half time makes me really worry about Calderwoods ability as a manager.

FFS

The Voice Of Reason
15-01-2011, 04:24 PM
I have said since the game aginst Maribor at Easter Road that the guy is a dud.

We will end up having to pay him off, as no-one will take him off our hands - he is hopeless. :boo hoo:

Hughes has a lot to answor for - Yogi you should have watched him in the flesh rather than relying on video footage!

gobragh1875
15-01-2011, 04:24 PM
we have the only dutchman who cant play football makes john rankin look good lol

The Voice Of Reason
15-01-2011, 04:28 PM

Is this as serious question ?!? :confused:

Hs IS one of our "star players". He was our headline banner signing this season (remember him featuring heavily in the new shirt photos?)

It is the fact that he is one of our start players that makes it all the more disappointing. The worst dutch player ever to play in Scotland. He is rank.

Hibeesb0unc3
15-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Is this as serious question ?!? :confused:

Hs IS one of our "star players". He was our headline banner signing this season (remember him featuring heavily in the new shirt photos?)

It is the fact that he is one of our start players that makes it all the more disappointing. The worst dutch player ever to play in Scotland. He is rank.

apart from van bommel at the WC and about 1 or 2 others he could be possibly the worst dutch player to ever play football

EVENTUALLY
15-01-2011, 04:30 PM
De Graff has been dreadful all season, shocking. It appears that the likes of Booth, Stephens and Byrne are now being considered ahead of Hart, Hogg and Rankin who were nowhere to be seen. Lets hope Sean Welsh can push on a bit because his potential will undoubtably see the end of the Dutch Wooden Top.

Greenblood70
15-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Up there with O'Brien as one of our most disappointing signings.

There doesn't seem any end to the things he can't do...run, tackle, pass, score etc etc etc.

Pay him off asap.

snooky
15-01-2011, 04:35 PM
De Graff has been dreadful all season, shocking. It appears that the likes of Booth, Stephens and Byrne are now being considered ahead of Hart, Hogg and Rankin who were nowhere to be seen. Lets hope Sean Welsh can push on a bit because his potential will undoubtably see the end of the Dutch Wooden Top.

He could always get a job modelling cloggs :wink:

matty_f
15-01-2011, 04:42 PM
I don't think he even kicks the ball properly, as far as I can tell his style is to just run into the ball and let it bounce off him.
He was hopeless today.

At The Edge
15-01-2011, 04:52 PM
should maybe wear velcro boots and stick some on the ball as well, as thats the only way hes ever going to be able to control the ball, wouldn't even have him in my subbuteo team!

Absolutly shocking today

The Voice Of Reason
15-01-2011, 04:52 PM
I don't think he even kicks the ball properly, as far as I can tell his style is to just run into the ball and let it bounce off him.
He was hopeless today.

And has been worse than hopeless all season!

truehibernian
15-01-2011, 04:56 PM
There isn't even a footballer in there. Can't run, can't track and tackle, can't pass, can't score.

Get rid if we can in summer.

3pm
15-01-2011, 05:09 PM
I am not a fan but there must have been something there to get the Dutch 'B' caps. At times he will pass the ball with purpose and accuracy. However, it's very rare.

The SPL appears to be too quick for him. He doesn't get the time he needs to set himself and consequently rushes and gives the ball away or it's nicked off him. He's very awkward and can't move right, a good spray of WD-40 might help.

His time might be up in the summer. It should be but time will tell.

The Voice Of Reason
15-01-2011, 05:16 PM
I am not a fan but there must have been something there to get the Dutch 'B' caps. At times he will pass the ball with purpose and accuracy. However, it's very rare.

The SPL appears to be too quick for him. He doesn't get the time he needs to set himself and consequently rushes and gives the ball away or it's nicked off him. He's very awkward and can't move right, a good spray of WD-40 might help.

His time might be up in the summer. It should be but time will tell.

The problem is that no-one will take this dud off our hands. We will need to resort to paying him off - Disgrace. :boo hoo:

cleanyman
15-01-2011, 05:30 PM
At least De Graaf got himself about and at least tried.......
Can't say the same for the majority of that so called team of ours.

Bostonhibby
15-01-2011, 05:33 PM
hopeless, absolutely hopeless, Yogi must have bought him on the strength of a video from a few seasons back. Bears no resemblence to the player Yogi was rambling about when he described him at the time of the signing.

Removed
15-01-2011, 05:38 PM
At least De Graaf got himself about and at least tried.......
Can't say the same for the majority of that so called team of ours.

The only thing he tried was my patience. One of the worst players in a long list of midfield duds over the years. How yogi could watch that performance today from de graaf and still try to defend himself is beyond me

Gala Foxes
15-01-2011, 05:52 PM
He is murder

Hibs90
15-01-2011, 05:56 PM
I wouldn't say he was a bad player as such but he can't adapt to the Scottish style. Pretty simple. Get rid asap.

jonny
15-01-2011, 05:57 PM

Yes. Much worse than all of them.

euro Hibby
15-01-2011, 05:57 PM
must have seen him on one of his many midweek scouting missions with brian rice. I don-t think they play midweek football in Holland !

Winston Ingram
15-01-2011, 05:58 PM
The only thing he tried was my patience. One of the worst players in a long list of midfield duds over the years. How yogi could watch that performance today from de graaf and still try to defend himself is beyond me

:agree:

If he's reading this thread, here's a little something that may be of use to him

click (http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Booking.mvc)

Andy74
15-01-2011, 06:00 PM
A guy we've booed and not supported since he had a couple of missed and we wonder why he's not fitted in?

Must wonder all in all what he's come to.

Like everyone he is struggling just now but there's a player in there. And he is at least showing some effort.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-01-2011, 06:01 PM
i always thought that maybe one or two goals, or a run of good performances would kick-start his time at Hibs but I can't see it happening for him now. Looks a re-run of AOB. Looked quality on paper.

Winston Ingram
15-01-2011, 06:05 PM
i always thought that maybe one or two goals, or a run of good performances would kick-start his time at Hibs but I can't see it happening for him now. Looks a re-run of AOB. Looked quality on paper.

At least AOB had pace. I can't think of anything this boy has

jonny
15-01-2011, 06:07 PM
A guy we've booed and not supported since he had a couple of missed and we wonder why he's not fitted in?

Like everyone he is struggling just now but there's a player in there. And he is at least showing some effort.

No theres not.

miniboco
15-01-2011, 06:07 PM
he just seems to be when i've seen him the last couple of games like he wants you to think he's going in for a tackle but he never puts the effort in to actually win the ball... kinda like taking the girlfriend to a witherspoons - you say you're taking her out for lunch or dinner but you know you're saving a few pennies onthe cheap drink :wink:

Andy74
15-01-2011, 06:13 PM
His game is about getting into the box. We sen that in the early games even though he missed chances.

The way we are playing now he's being asked to run about after things which isn't suiting him.

I see we are going down the pathetic can't run, pass or shoot route. Yes he's played his career I'm the Dutch top league for those reasons.

I do wonder about our need to write off and discard everyone that comes our way. Unless they are hibs fans of course.

Well we are getting served now what our support deserves most of the time.

erin go bragh
15-01-2011, 06:27 PM
At least AOB had pace. I can't think of anything this boy has
He must have some green contacts back home that he could erm aquire for us that would ease the pain of watching him try and play football :greengrin

The Voice Of Reason
15-01-2011, 06:44 PM

I have never once bood the guy. :agree:

Come on Andy - you must concede that EDG is murder, there is no point over-analysing it. I like your stance at times and often agree with your views, but you are way off the mark on this one.

Yogi must take the blame for this, he can't have watched De Graaf in the flesh or he would never have signed him. We will definately lose out on De Graaf as we will have to pay him off. No-one will take him off our hands, he really is that bad mate. :boo hoo:

Removed
15-01-2011, 07:03 PM

Andy, I asked a few guys I know in Amsterdam after we signed him and they just pissed themselves laughing. Looks like they were right after all.

Sammy7nil
15-01-2011, 07:11 PM
De Ghost will leave in the summer and he will not be missed

The Voice Of Reason
15-01-2011, 07:15 PM
De Ghost will leave in the summer and he will not be missed

Only if someone takes him off our hands (Stevie Wonder - are you out there!)

I fear that we will have to pay the guy off....another expensibe dud. I cannot remember a worse Hibs Signing (AOB included - at least he had pace FFS). :grr:

Alfred E Newman
15-01-2011, 07:19 PM
His game is about getting into the box. We sen that in the early games even though he missed chances.

The way we are playing now he's being asked to run about after things which isn't suiting him. I see we are going down the pathetic can't run, pass or shoot route. Yes he's played his career I'm the Dutch top league for those reasons.

I do wonder about our need to write off and discard everyone that comes our way. Unless they are hibs fans of course.

Well we are getting served now what our support deserves most of the time.

Do you mean the ball?
As for getting what we deserve, if this garbage we are watching at the moment is what I deserve after loyally following the Hibs for over 50 years then its time for me to stay at home.

Seanair
15-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Agree with all the posters who say he's rubbish. So after he's been booked why did Calderwood send him out for the second half? Even then he committed another 3 fouls and still CC did't take him off right away in case he got a red card!!!!!
Mind you when you know you've only got Mc Bride to bring on I suppose you might hesitate!!!

Hibee Daz
15-01-2011, 07:36 PM
He's a Dutch, Jarko Wiss or Brian Kerr that's the category he falls into for me instantly forgettable.

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Andy Andy Andy, De Graff is hopeless, there is never a player in there. From day 1 he's been a complete waste of space and time.

His feet are not attached to his legs, and his legs flail about as if his brain has lost all contact with them.

He's probably on his 2nd or 3rd wife, thats why he's been described as a box to box scorer.

Never a player, how bad can he be when the people around me want him replaced by Rankin?

Sir David Gray
15-01-2011, 07:58 PM

He has 18 months left on his contract.

The Voice Of Reason
15-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Andy Andy Andy, De Graff is hopeless, there is never a player in there. From day 1 he's been a complete waste of space and time.

His feet are not attached to his legs, and his legs flail about as if his brain has lost all contact with them.

He's probably on his 2nd or 3rd wife, thats why he's been described as a box to box scorer.

Never a player, how bad can he be when the people around me want him replaced by Rankin?

Which begs the question - WHY DID YOGI SIGN HIM ?

I understand that he never actually watched him in the flesh, which has turned out to be a massive mistake.

We are now stuck with this hopeless (very well paid) dud for another 18 months.

Shocker :furious:

sunshine1875
15-01-2011, 08:10 PM
There was a moment in the first half when one of the Celtic defenders rushed a clearance straight to de Gaff. He had the chance to take the ball down and quickly play the ball forward to Riordan who had acres of space in the Celtic box. Not de Gaff, he attempts the first time pass (like he usually does) and the ball goes over Riordan's head for a goal kick.

:not worth class, not!

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2011, 08:15 PM

I understand that he never actually watched him in the flesh, which has turned out to be a massive mistake.

We are now stuck with this hopeless (very well paid) dud for another 18 months.

Shocker :furious:

:agree: A shocking signing, up there with the worst imo.

ballengeich
15-01-2011, 08:38 PM

The Betamax format of the tapes should have been a concern.

hibsbollah
15-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Do you mean the ball?

:faf:

Like Andy, I also thought he would come good when he first arrived. I thought he was better than he was being giving credit for on here. But anyone who still thinks there's anything left in de Graafs locker is just kidding themselves IMO.

HamiltonHibee
15-01-2011, 08:54 PM
i keep going on about this guy worst player i have seen, would b better with steffi graf

HibbyAndy
15-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Absolute useless, I swear to god Andy74 10/10 for backing players to the hilt, But EDG is hopeless we are now in January and ive seen nothing, Absolute nothing he has contributed to the team.

Sure he trys..But HE CANT PASS THE BALL 2 FEET!!!!..Chickens out challenges aswell! .Was very unlucky to be booked IMO but please for god sake this guy is never ever a football player in a million years ..Basics..Basics!! He cant even do that ..Im not singling out him as the whole team are shight..But please dont tell me and others this guy has shown glimpses.He's utter utter mince.

marinello59
15-01-2011, 09:04 PM
I have defended him in the past
Today I gave up on him after the Ref let his football instinct get the better of him and booked him for being useless.

The Harp Awakes
15-01-2011, 09:07 PM

If you pay sheitye wages you get sheitye players. No point in slagging them off when they get here.

The only Manager we have had in recent years who was not prepared to accept mediocrity was JC and he ended up walking because of it.

Cropley10
15-01-2011, 09:15 PM
If you pay sheitye wages you get sheitye players. No point in slagging them off when they get here.

The only Manager we have had in recent years who was not prepared to accept mediocrity was JC and he ended up walking because of it.

Alledgedly on £4k/wk - Yogi's marquee signing.

The Voice Of Reason
15-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Alledgedly on £4k/wk - Yogi's marquee signing.

If true, that is an absolute disgrace. :brickwall

Can't begin to think what some of the players think of him.........he is truly dreadful. Come to think of it, they are probably relieved that he is in the team.....take some of the heat off them!

gogs_t
15-01-2011, 09:49 PM
He's a Dutch, Jarko Wiss or Brian Kerr that's the category he falls into for me instantly forgettable.

I said that after the game today. He reminded me totally of Jarko Wiss. Probably a nice guy but contributes absolutely nothing to the team and be as well playing with 10 men. In fact, when he's on the pitch we're effectively playing with 10 men :grr:

The Voice Of Reason
15-01-2011, 09:52 PM
I said that after the game today. He reminded me totally of Jarko Wiss. Probably a nice guy but contributes absolutely nothing to the team and be as well playing with 10 men. In fact, when he's on the pitch we're effectively playing with 10 men :grr:

Honestly, I'd rather have Jarko Wiss in the team than De Graaf.....he really is that bad.

Greenblood70
15-01-2011, 09:55 PM
He is soooooooooooooooooooo ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... he also waves his arms and legs around like a (older posters alert) flowerpot man when he runs. It's a surreal experience watching him "play" and would be amusing if our position wasn't so perilous and we weren't *****ing a fair portion of our budget on him.

Jimmy Belter
15-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Yes, De Graff not worked out.(Free transfer)

No worse than the lot on 2/3 deals ...............too many players to name...

Miller Beater than we had
Stokes Beater than we had.
Brown better than we had
Dicohv better than we had
Duffy better than we had
Mcbride better than we had
Grounds now away
Hart better than we had

think all free transfers.

hibsbollah
15-01-2011, 10:06 PM
Honestly, I'd rather have Jarko Wiss in the team than De Graaf.....he really is that bad.

Wiss was 'the best two footed midfielder in Europe' according to Williamson:greengrin

Cropley10
15-01-2011, 10:13 PM
He is soooooooooooooooooooo ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... he also waves his arms and legs around like a (older posters alert) flowerpot man when he runs. It's a surreal experience watching him "play" and would be amusing if our position wasn't so perilous and we weren't *****ing a fair portion of our budget on him.

:hilarious: well observed.

kaimendhibs
15-01-2011, 10:23 PM
I have never seen anything in this guy to suggest he is a player. Posted after the hearts game that he gives the illusion he is trying but never ACTUALLY does anything. Total waste of a wage and a jersey

muirhousehibby
15-01-2011, 11:13 PM
I have never seen anything in this guy to suggest he is a player. Posted after the hearts game that he gives the illusion he is trying but never ACTUALLY does anything. Total waste of a wage and a jersey

Just another 4th rate foreign player who is making money out of the scottish game. Give the youngsters a chance. I'd rather see players like Kurtis Etc given a chance then play some of our current foreign flops, I'm sure they would have more impact too. We also have a couple of british players who's best days are well and truly behind them but could perhaps still play abit plart in our squad, even if that was to mean play in a more defensive role.

We are a colts team at best this season, time to get back to having a british team again and some players who no our game and culture. Not a chance to earn money aboard in our hibs team just for the hell of it, then piss off no matter what happens.

1875er
15-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Well you will all be pleased to here it didnt stop Edwin having a few beers in Tiger Lily tonight.

It too him ages to get to the bar as he couldn't get past anyone.

calder45a
15-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Well you will all be pleased to here it didnt stop Edwin having a few beers in Tiger Lily tonight.

It too him ages to get to the bar as he couldn't get past anyone.

At least he hit the bar.

WeAreHibs
15-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Did he pass the drinks to the wrong folk?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

marinello59
15-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Did he pass the drinks to the wrong folk?

No. He made it look like he was going to buy the round but didn't actually do it.

iwasthere1972
15-01-2011, 11:57 PM

We're paying him. :shocked:

From what I've seen of him this season he would be out of his depth in division 2. How much over the £4k a week do we have to pay to not land up with ******?

Sprouleflyer
16-01-2011, 12:07 AM

:greengrin That comment has put the only smile on my face all day!!!

ballengeich
16-01-2011, 12:24 AM

Aye, because he'd signed most of it.

YetholmHibee
16-01-2011, 12:38 AM

I noticed the same with the Zemmana substitution too!!

I think you are way off the mark.

:na na:

:bye:

Steve-O
16-01-2011, 06:14 AM
He seems to always be quite near the ball, but either never quite gets to it, or does absolutely nothing with it.

He is the new Jarko Wiss / Brian Kerr :agree:

hibsbollah
16-01-2011, 09:34 AM
He seems to always be quite near the ball, but either never quite gets to it, or does absolutely nothing with it.

He is the new Jarko Wiss / Brian Kerr :agree:

Nonsense:grr:

Brian Kerr put in a power of unseen work in the engine room. You just couldnt see it.

De Graaf, on the other hand, does no work, and you can see it. Even though its not there.

jonny
16-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Yes, De Graff not worked out.(Free transfer)

No worse than the lot on 2/3 deals ...............too many players to name...

Miller Beater than we had
Stokes Beater than we had.
Brown better than we had
Dicohv better than we had
Duffy better than we had
Mcbride better than we had
Grounds now away
Hart better than we had

think all free transfers.

Really!? Like for like players? I don't agree.

Stokes and Brown yes (it did take Hughes 3 new goalkeepers to find a decent one though). Miller maybe. The rest, no.

Dickoh better than Bamba or Hanlon? Not for me
Duffy better than Deek? Not for me
McBride better than Murray? Not for me
Grounds better than anyone? Not for me
Hart better than Thicot? Not for me

Hughes made 16 signings. An entire squads worth. He is the one that got us into this mess.