PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Celtic - players marks

down-the-slope
15-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Brown - 7 - Should be an 8/9 but last 3 games he is kicking like a 10 year old girl (sorry ladies) great couple of saves and a 'superman punch first half.

Thicot - 6 - He had periods where he was doing great tackling / link up play and first 40 mins he stopped McCourt getting the ball and running by getting on top of him. Then we lose a goal similar to tynie - throw in at their end opposite side and we conrtive to let them behind us with Thicot Missing. Poorer second half under pressure
Dickoh - 7 - Won most in the air and starting to look a good partnership in the middle
Hanlon - 8 - For once the sponsors got the MoM right..I was laughed at 3 years ago when I said he would be future captain and long term centre half...he was immence and was one bright spot in a forgettable day
Lewis - 6 - Good first half linked up well and good partnership / understanding with Hanlon supporting each other on left side of defence. Gave away pen and faded second half as he was put under more pressure

Galbraith - 6 - Looks fitter and a bit stronger. Some direct running and link up play. Good run and finish for goal that was chopped off. Wilson marked him well most of second half and he Drifted in and out of game.
De Graff - 5 - Looked comfortable early in match and was linking up well with some nice triangles in the middle. Closed space for Celtic down. Faded after booking latter and I am sure he failed to win a single header all afternoon
Zemamma - 5 - He looked fit and showed some nice play, but his touch has still got a way to go as he gave it away too much putting others in trouble and was trying to be too clever (like trying to nutmeg Brown when 0-3 down) and losing the ball. His touch will come but needs to keep it simpler until then.
Murray - 5 - He tried all the way, don't want to be too hard but looks way short of the pace required in modern game.
Wotherspoon - 4 - Started quite well but then he tried to go round Izaguirre and was beaten easily...and several times more during the game as he lost confidence in being able to. He (Izaguirre)is a class full back and looked great going forward too...i'm sure spoony will have learned a lot trying against such a good player.

Riorden - 3 - Not been great of late with low effort moaning at team mates..today as well as this his touch would have had other players booed off the pitch..and was offside several times. Never a lone striker however

Subs

Duffy - 2 - No impact
Byrne - 1 - No time to get involved
McBride - 3 - Did not bring the stability / passing he often can - on too late

Manager - 5 - Good set up for first half other than Riorden up on his own - which had them contained. No plan B when we lost goal

Hiber-nation
15-01-2011, 02:44 PM
I admire your generosity...I'd give Brown 6, Thicot and Dickoh 4 each, thought they were both awful in the 2nd half and Thicot chucked it with 10 mins to go. Hanlon 6 and the rest 5 apart from De Graaf 2 and Riordan 3.

NorthNorfolkHFC
15-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Easy today!

Brown-7
Hanlon-8
Dickoh-6
Stevenson-5
Thicot-5
(they didn't play terribly but Lewis gave them a pen and Thicot was poor positionally on occasions)

The rest = 4

Broken Gnome
15-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Too depressing to do them all.

Notables, both positive and negative -

Our goalkeeper situation has been so rank that I'm not about to despair with the one guy who looks the part, but someone should maybe realise that the bad kick outs do actually give possession away around 99% of the time...

Wotherspoon needs to keep his head up and not let the bad touches get to him.

Galbraith's good moments aren't plentiful enough to justify a start.

Duffy made the first near post run from a Hibs forward for approximately three years when he hit the bar. That pleased me.

Paul Hanlon is a class act and getting better all the time.

Edwin de Graaf..... doesn't do anything noteworthy so cannot be included.

Riordan is utterly anonymous as front man - Hibs would benefit more from a far worse player up front just so Riordan could drop deeper.

seanraff07
15-01-2011, 02:55 PM
I wouldn't say Duffy made no impact, hit the bar and put in a lot of effort when he came on, more than Riordan done in 90 mins.

GreenPJ
15-01-2011, 02:57 PM

Our goalkeeper situation has been so rank that I'm not about to despair with the one guy who looks the part, but someone should maybe realise that the bad kick outs do actually give possession away around 99% of the time...

Duffy made the first near post run from a Hibs forward for approximately three years when he hit the bar. That pleased me.

Riordan is utterly anonymous as front man - Hibs would benefit more from a far worse player up front just so Riordan could drop deeper.

Sad but very true :agree:

Zemamma10
15-01-2011, 03:00 PM
It really does not get much worse than today against a poor celtic team:

Brown 8 (Our best keeper for a long time, shame it comes at a time when we've got our worst team in years.)
Thicot 2 (Positional Sense beside Dickoh was embarrasing)
Dickoh 2 (See Thicot but replace)
Hanlon 3 (Sold himself for the Hooper goal. No doubt he will be a good player but struggling in this defence)
Murray 2 (Never a centre mid. Centre half by far his best position, first touch is awful)
Stevenson 1 (Handed the game to Celtic. No arging his workrate but a 100% first division player.)
De Graaf 1 (Abysmal. Must be the slowest player in the SPL.)
Wotherspoon 3 (Worked hard, but no support from centre mid or Thicot and had nothing to hit up front.)
Zemamma 2 (Miles from match fitness, big ask to come back into the thick of things after such a long injury)
Galbraith 3 (Same as Wotherspoon but on a different wing)
Riordan 2 (Cannot play through the middle by himself. Needs to play off a target man or alongside someone. Would have been better playing Duffy up top with him because if we can't defend we may as well attack!! Our biggest threat but also biggest luxury)

Without stating the blatant obvious, we need a minimum of 4 players in this window with centre half/mid and forwards priority. And if we do manage to stay up hopefully CC and DA have a huge list of potential targets for the summer.

down-the-slope
15-01-2011, 03:00 PM
I wouldn't say Duffy made no impact, hit the bar and put in a lot of effort when he came on, more than Riordan done in 90 mins.

:agree: you are correct...forgot that. Coming on at 3-0 down with a few minutes its more a criticism of the manager than player having little time

GreenPJ
15-01-2011, 03:07 PM
Ironically up until 43 mins that is the best I thought we had played in a few weeks (not that that is saying much). Too lose a goal so close to half time was a body blow but the main problem was they did not come out in the second half with any imminent fight. As soon as the second went in the heads were down.

Pass marks to Brown and Hanlon. The other notables was a continued lack lustre performance from Riordan, De Graff and McBride when he came on. Murray I think is really struggling at the moment with fitness/pain, he tries hard but his first touch just now is really poor.

Calderwood needs to be brave and drop some of the 'big name' players who are not cutting it just now and try the youth. He won't get a better opportunity than the Ayr game, the cup is a distraction and should be used to give some of the youngsters game time and see how they fare.

Wotherspiniesta
15-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Brown- 6. Best keeper we've had in ages. Kicking is shocking however.

Thicot- 3. Not sure what his best position is.
Hanlon- 6. Potential to be a good centre back. Slack passing though.
Dickoh- 2. Very poor today. Needs to organise the back line better.
Stevenson- 4. Started brightly. He's not a left back though.

Wotherspoon- 4. Bad day. Good cross for Riordan.
Murray- 1. Seriously bad. Not up to speed with the match. Forgot he was playing.
De Graaf- 0. Slow, clumsy and tires easily. Simply awful.
Galbraith- 6. Caused some problems. Never got any service.

Zemamma- 4. Feeding off scraps. Some good touches, some not so good.

Riordan- 3. If we intend to play route one, he cant be the one up front.

Subs:
Duffy- 6. Put himself about and unlucky to not score.
McBride- 4
Byrne- 3

Andy74
15-01-2011, 03:10 PM
I thought Dickoh and Thicot played a lot better than being credited with here. Thicot played some great balls in behind as well.

Judas Iscariot
15-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Brown - 6 - Would be higher but his kicking is attrocious

Thicot - 7 - Played well again
Dickoh - 7 - As above
Hanlon - 8 - Superb
Stevenson - 4 - Why is CC still persisting with him

Wotherspoon - 3 - Woeful
De Graaf - 5 - Booked harshly and couldn't do anything after that
Murray - 6 - Solid
Zemamma - 6 - 2 flashes of brilliance, more than we've seen all season
Galbraith - 6 - Needs to stay wide

Riordan - 6 - Its not his fault his team mates choose to humph the ball up to him in the air against 2 of the biggest CH's in the league

Subs

Duffy - 5 - Looks sharper
McBride - 2 - Did he do anything?
Byrne - 2 - As above

Manager

CC - 2 - Pretty much, he's just not got it..

Albion Hibs
15-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Brown - 6 - Like most of the above I would give him a better mark if he could kick a ball. His kicking is nothing short of shocking at times, which makes it even more frustrating when he pulls off some great saves during the game. We ended up having to deal with so so much extra preasure today as a result.

Thicot - 4 - Did okay, concentration kills him, lost for the first goal and the third. I am almost starting to feel a bit generous with my 4 as a write this.

Dickoh - 3 - I am starting to think this guy is the root of our defensive problems. IMO at fault for the goal at tynecastle, jointly responsible for the first and the second today, when you compound that with his performance against Ayr I am gagging on CC getting Hanlon a new CH partner.

Hanlon - 8 - Thought he played very well, a couple of shaky moments but other than that he played very well. He needs a decent CH partner soon, before these results start to take there toll on his confidence.

Stevenson - 5 - Dropped in to replace Grounds and did well. Felt sorry for him giving away the penalty, but we brought it on ourselves and he ended up paying the price.

Wotherspoon - 3 - I dont know what has happened to this kid, for the first part of last season he looked like he was going to become a player, today he was very poor, his touch, pass, control, positioning and dare I say it his effort, was miles off where it needs to be. I cant help but feel we get the best out of him when he plays at RB.

De Graaf - 3 - Did little to nothing. Sorry him out Rankin in.

Murray - 7 - Thought he played very well. Won every 50/50 anywhere near him, intercepted and tried to get the ball to players to allow us to create something up front. Chased everything in the midfield through to the defence. Thought he covered more ground than any other player out there today.

Zemamma - 5 - He is certainly something we have been missing. Showed some good signs and hopefully he will be back to his best in the next 2-3 weeks. At times held the ball longer than he should have and ran down a few cul-de-sacs but cant fault him.

Galbraith - 5 - Drifted in and out of the game. Often feel he does not make the pitch wide enough for himself / give himself the chance to show his pace.

Riordan - 3 - Did nothing yet again. Whilst I cant blame him for not beating a 6'5 CH, he does need to work harder. Celtics first goal came from stokes running into the channel, something we never see from Riordan. He either needs a better CF to play with, or move out to the left midfield. If he did not play in our next game I do not feel we would miss him.

GreenPJ
15-01-2011, 04:14 PM

Dickoh - 7 - As above
Hanlon - 8 - Superb

Wotherspoon - 3 - Woeful
Murray - 6 - Solid

Riordan - 6 - Its not his fault his team mates choose to humph the ball up to him in the air against 2 of the biggest CH's in the league

Subs

Byrne - 2 - As above

Manager

Stevenson has not played since we got a point against Dundee Utd.

Riordan might not be the player to play against two big centre halfs but within 5 mins of being on Duffy had managed to get in front of the defender and hit the bar. Riordan yet again added nothing and did not try to. If he is only effective when the ball is perfectly passed to his feet so he can take on someone very slow on a 1 on 1 then that is not the type of player we need right now.

Byrne - did more than Riordan.

Hiber-nation
15-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Murray - 7 - Thought he played very well. Won every 50/50 anywhere near him, intercepted and tried to get the ball to players to allow us to create something up front. Chased everything in the midfield through to the defence. Thought he covered more ground than any other player out there today.

Time you got the blinkers off. That was one of Ian Murray's worst games for Hibs and you know it.

seanraff07
15-01-2011, 04:16 PM
I thought Dickoh and Thicot played a lot better than being credited with here. Thicot played some great balls in behind as well.

:agree:.. Dickoh was steady and Thicot had one of his best games in a Hibs shirt yet.

GreenPJ
15-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Time you got the blinkers off. That was one of Ian Murray's worst games for Hibs and you know it.

Think that is harsh, he got in a lot of tackles and tracked back but too many times his first touch puts him into trouble and we lose possesion.

Hiber-nation
15-01-2011, 04:19 PM
:agree:.. Dickoh was steady and Thicot had one of his best games in a Hibs shirt yet.

Opinions! I thought Thicot played some decent passes but the 1st goal was totally his fault and he went right downhill from there on. Dickoh was all over the place.

The Voice Of Reason
15-01-2011, 04:19 PM

Dickoh - 7 - As above
Hanlon - 8 - Superb

Wotherspoon - 3 - Woeful
Murray - 6 - Solid

Subs

Byrne - 2 - As above

Manager

You give EIGHT of the 11 starting players pass marks. Can I ask what you have been drinking ?!?!? :devil:

seanraff07
15-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Opinions! I thought Thicot played some decent passes but the 1st goal was totally his fault and he went right downhill from there on. Dickoh was all over the place.

Now that i think about it Dickoh wasn't that great, i thought Thicot was very good though.. Hanlon played well, he's the player i'd be most gutted to see leave ER.

Beefster
15-01-2011, 04:23 PM
I must be watching something different because I thought they were all abysmal. If last gasp defending and no composure on the ball is your bag then most of the defence might just get pass marks.

Murray, De Graaf, Galbraith and Zemmama were woeful in the main. Brown kicks like he's wearing slippers. Wotherspoon had his worst game in a Hibs shirt and I'm fed up hearing how Riordan can't header, can't play up front on his own, left midfield isn't his best position etc etc.

Duffy's lot were utter pish but that was because they were utter pish. This bunch are just work-shy charlatans of the highest order.

The Voice Of Reason
15-01-2011, 04:24 PM
I must be watching something different because I thought they were all abysmal. If last gasp defending and no composure on the ball is your bag then most of the defence might just get pass marks.

Murray, De Graaf, Galbraith and Zemmama were woeful in the main. Brown kicks like he's wearing slippers. Wotherspoon had his worst game in a Hibs shirt and I'm fed up hearing how Riordan can't header, can't play up front on his own, left midfield isn't his best position etc etc.

Duffy's lot were utter pish but that was because they were utter pish. This bunch are just work-shy charlatans of the highest order.

:top marks

truehibernian
15-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Mark Brown is the only player who did his job well. Made three goal saving saves and prevented an avalanche of goals IMHO.

No other player merits or deserves any decent marks thereafter. The full backs were torn apart and drawn out of position, Hanlon and Dickoh looked as distant from each other as they were in yardage.

Wotherspoon was awful second half and didn't find a Hibs player once, constantly giving cheap possession to Celtic. Zemmama is just not at the races. Picked up where he left off v Ayr.......just a terrible game from him. De Graaf was lucky not to get sent off, as all he did after his booking was foul (due to being too slow) and then give possession away. Murray's pace was superbly exposed by Craig Burley during the lead up to the penalty. Didn't attack the space and gave Celtic far too much time on the ball.....the whole midfield and defence were guilty of that.

McBride......plays as if he is in rewind mode. Slow, looks utterly disinterested despite his ramblings in the media about giving his all. Kevin.....your "all" is crap !

Riordan......felt sorry for him today due to lack of service and formation. Never a lone striker, however his touch is poor lately and he needs to focus on his fitness IMO.

Duffy looked okay, took his only chance well.......but surely a penalty box striker should be getting on the end of the Galbraith cross ???

From back to front, every single player just looked terrible. All played like they were playing in lead boots. Their fitness and game awareness is shocking for a pro outfit.

Elephant Stone
15-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Brown- 7

Stevenson- 5
Dickoh- 5
Hanlon- 6
Thicot- 3

Galbraith- 3
Murray- 3
De Graaf- 1
Wotherspoon- 3

Zemamma- 6; I thought we held onto the ball longer and looked tidier when he was involved in a piece of play.

Riordan- 4

benrocky
15-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Stevenson has not played since we got a point against Dundee Utd.

Riordan might not be the player to play against two big centre halfs but within 5 mins of being on Duffy had managed to get in front of the defender and hit the bar. Riordan yet again added nothing and did not try to. If he is only effective when the ball is perfectly passed to his feet so he can take on someone very slow on a 1 on 1 then that is not the type of player we need right now.

Byrne - did more than Riordan.

Winston Ingram
15-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Brown - 7 - 8 and he loses a mark for his kicking. Have employed Jim Leighton as his kicking coach?

Thicot - 6 - distribution was poor, but was fairly solid other than that
Dickoh - 7 - Looked fairly decent
Hanlon - 6 - I though excellent in some parts and dreadful in others
Lewis - 6 - Did ok but I prefer him in midfield

Galbraith - 6 - was a threat when he got the ball though that wasn't that often
De Graff - 1 - hopeless. I'm still struggling to work out how he's actually forged a career as a footballer. With the exception of John Rankin, he is probably the most technically inept player I've seen at ER
Zemamma - 6 - Did well in parts
Murray - 5 - He tried all the way, don't want to be too hard but looks way short of the pace required in modern game.
Wotherspoon - 4 - Very poor today.

Riordan - 1 - wtf was all that about:confused: Loved to have seen his opta stats today.

BSEJVT
15-01-2011, 05:00 PM

I would have to disagree with you.

From Duffys team

Miller
Lovering
Dennis
Hughes
McGinlay
Charnley
Crawford
Lavety
Rougier
Harper

Apologies for any errors, ommisions and miss-selections:greengrin

would all walk into this Hibs team and play every single week.

Albion Hibs
15-01-2011, 05:01 PM

Disagree mate, I think you are reeking! Only kidding your shout. But if you feel the difference between your view of Murray as a 4 and Riordan 3 I would question what game you are watching.

I thought Murray was the only player on the park that even looked interested. He is not going to win plaudits for running through a defence and scoring three in a game, but he did his job well and more than covered for the inadequacies of some of those around him.

Wotherspiniesta
15-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Disagree mate, I think you are reeking! Only kidding your shout. But if you feel the difference between your view of Murray as a 4 and Riordan 3 I would question what game you are watching.

I thought Murray was the only player on the park that even looked interested.He is not going to win plaudits for running through a defence and scoring three in a game, but he did his job well and more than covered for the inadequacies of some of those around him.

I'm sorry but that is utter pish IMO. Murray was so far off the pace today it was unreal. Him and De Graaf in centre midfield have got to be the clumsiest, slowest, most awkward looking midfield partnership I've seen in my life.

BSEJVT
15-01-2011, 05:10 PM

I thought Murray was the only player on the park that even looked interested. He is not going to win plaudits for running through a defence and scoring three in a game, but he did his job well and more than covered for the inadequacies of some of those around him.

Its very laudable you defending Murray and I wouldnt question his effort one bit.

However watching Ian these days is a bit like watching Rocky 10.

Ageing and well loved pro, living on past "glories" trying to compete in era when his best days are clearly behind him and his body can no longer do what his mind tells him to do.

Ian is great when he is within tackling distance of someone, other than that he is increasingly out of his depth.

Lacks any form of mobility or pace, second touch is inevitably a tackle and couldnt pass water I am afraid.

Dont get me wrong he is worth a jersey more than this bunch of utter wastrels but I find it sad watching his continuing deterioration.

I would give him a go at Centre Half when all he would have to do is win tackles and headers and clear the ball.

BTW you really wouldnt want to read my critique on the rest of this shower of *****.

Bostonhibby
15-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Brown - 8 – Having a good spell with a piss poor defence in front of him, ironically its the first time in a long time where I havent been worried about out keeper, early candidate for Player of the Year. Stopped us being thrashed by an average Celtc.

Thicot – 3 The fact we think he is doing well really just shows what we have settled for – agree he does some good tackling, but is often well out of position, has lapses consistently and is part of a mediocre defence.
Dickoh – 5 - Did most of the basic you would expect of the position but again I think its about what we are prepared to put up with, squad player perhaps but I’d prefer to see what Stephens can do before settling for him.
Hanlon - 7 – One bright spot in defence but I am worried we might eventually grind his confidence down if we keep churning out the type of performances we have been.
Lewis – 4 - Tries hard but has had a few goes now and I don’t see improvement - seems too easy to go past for me. Stupid tackle for pen, but others bottled putting a challenge in before he had too.

Galbraith - 7 – Only improver I have seen recently, worth a run, just wish he could keep it up for 90 minutes, should hopefully come with time and games.
De Graff – 0 - He kept someone out of the team who might have won a tackle, made himself available for a pass or even kept up with play.
Zemamma - 6 – Pleased with his efforts but at times we seemed to play round him or over his head by punting hail mary’s to Riordan, he made the effort to get the ball and tried to make things happen, but if we are going to play him we need to get more of the ball to him and give him more than just Riordan to aim at up front.
Murray - 4 – Sadly I think he has slowed up too much now, nae doubting he tries but once or twice I felt he didn’t put in a challenge when he normally would have, and if that goes from his game we are in a bad place.
Wotherspoon - 4 – feel sorry for this really good talent / prospect, he is starting to get frustrated and worn down by being in a bad team for so long.

Riordan - 4 – Punting aimless balls at him as if he is a KK doesn’t work, nor does the lone striker role, its taking its toll. He is obviously getting frustrated and is not getting the supply he needs, still trying to do things that are to advanced for those around him and making chances for himself, we looked very lightweight up front today and I wouldn’t be surprised if he walks.

Subs

Duffy - 2 – Didn’t see anything from him at all and expected him to start or at least come on earlier.
Byrne - 1 – Didn’t see the point of the substitution so late on unless we were trying to waste time!
McBride - 1 – Don’t think he wanted to risk an injury as he has a new club to find I suspect

Manager - 5 – Between a rock and a hard place at the moment but the clock is ticking as the bad results stack up – the time to make tactical changes might have been half time.

Albion Hibs
15-01-2011, 05:29 PM
I'm sorry but that is utter pish IMO. Murray was so far off the pace today it was unreal. Him and De Graaf in centre midfield have got to be the clumsiest, slowest, most awkward looking midfield partnership I've seen in my life.

I am simply giving my view of the game - I think you had a go at me the other week for commenting in such a manor about someone elses view.

De Graff I will give you, but I cant agree with the Murray shout, nor your score and it would appear our manager is the same. Typically I would expect that when a team goes 2 down they would take off there defensive midfielder and he was not. I think that speaks volumes.

The fact he silenced Kayal, who has been there most influential player over the past few games says it all, the same with Ledly when he came on. The issues for us came down the wide areas.

PS not as much pish as you giving Wotherspoon a 4! Albeit I am sure you are his long lost cousin or something!

scoopyboy
15-01-2011, 05:31 PM

I'll take Hanlon as an example, explain to me how he is work shy charlatan.

truehibernian
15-01-2011, 05:46 PM
I don't think they are work shy, just poor footballers in the main.

Hibs look unfit, god only knows what kind of endurance and speed training they are now doing at East Mains, but it's not working. The whole midfield were one or two yards behind the pace of Celtic and chased shadows when they lost possession.

The problem with Hibs, same as under Hughes, is that they are so one paced, static and poor at closing down. Today though was the first time in a long time that so many players were deficient in even the most basic of skills. Controlling the football, turning, and taking care to pass/keep possession. Wotherspoon second half was the worst culprit for me. The fact we have no balance or drive in midfield means that when we concede possession so cheaply, our defence is on the back foot for large periods. Then we are only bound to cave in, which we did first half.

De Graaf, DW, Galbraith and Murray simply failed to keep the ball circulating and as such made the game one way traffic.

The Collins team was the fittest we have seen in years, the Mowbray one the most youthful and full of energy.

The Hughes/CC team is one of the most one dimensional, leaderless, ponderous, less skilful teams in around 20 years.

The Voice Of Reason
15-01-2011, 05:49 PM
I don't think they are work shy, just poor footballers in the main.

Hibs look unfit, god only knows what kind of endurance and speed training they are now doing at East Mains, but it's not working. The whole midfield were one or two yards behind the pace of Celtic and chased shadows when they lost possession.

The problem with Hibs, same as under Hughes, is that they are so one paced, static and poor at closing down. Today though was the first time in a long time that so many players were deficient in even the most basic of skills. Controlling the football, turning, and taking care to pass/keep possession. Wotherspoon second half was the worst culprit for me. The fact we have no balance or drive in midfield means that when we concede possession so cheaply, our defence is on the back foot for large periods. Then we are only bound to cave in, which we did first half.

De Graaf, DW, Galbraith and Murray simply failed to keep the ball circulating and as such made the game one way traffic.

The Collins team was the fittest we have seen in years, the Mowbray one the most youthful and full of energy.

The Hughes/CC team is one of the most one dimensional, leaderless, ponderous, less skilful teams in around 20 years.

Beefster
15-01-2011, 05:58 PM
I'll take Hanlon as an example, explain to me how he is work shy charlatan.

I don't think Hanlon did anything special today and if you think he works as hard as he can possibly work, we obviously have different expectations of someone playing for Hibs first team.

If you're getting upset at some of your favourites being called names though, feel free to pretend that I'm not talking about them.

scoopyboy
15-01-2011, 06:09 PM
I don't think Hanlon did anything special today and if you think he works as hard as he can possibly work, we obviously have different expectations of someone playing for Hibs first team.

If you're getting upset at some of your favourites being called names though, feel free to pretend that I'm not talking about them.

work shy you stated, in my world that means you shy clear of work.

now your on about different expectations from Hibs players, completely different topic.

As it happens Hanlon is one of my favourites in the current Hibs set up, but that doesn't stop me criticising him if it is merited.

If you think Hanlon is work shy then I think you are a dafty.

Beefster
15-01-2011, 06:12 PM
work shy you stated, in my world that means you shy clear of work.

now your on about different expectations from Hibs players, completely different topic.

As it happens Hanlon is one of my favourites in the current Hibs set up, but that doesn't stop me criticising him if it is merited.

If you think Hanlon is work shy then I think you are a dafty.

In my world, it means that you don't work as hard as you can.

I don't think Hanlon will be good enough for Hibs in the long term. Feel free to think I'm a dafty.

scoopyboy
15-01-2011, 06:38 PM
In my world, it means that you don't work as hard as you can.

I don't think Hanlon will be good enough for Hibs in the long term. Feel free to think I'm a dafty.

I think a few players work as hard as they can in training and on the pitch, although I think some of them aren't good enough.

I think Hanlon will be excellent for Hibs in the long term and will move on to bigger and better than Hibs.

I still think you're a dafty.

Feel free to think I'm a dafty too.

YetholmHibee
15-01-2011, 06:41 PM

:agree: :top marks

The players are all usually at the back post :rolleyes: . . . which I put down to laziness & lack of organised attacking situations.

Thought the BBC statistics says it all;
ONE shot on target
THREE shots off target
THREE corners

Going forward we were rank rotten & a lot of players are getting found out - not as good as they (& Yogi) think they are;

Weatherspoon, Galbraith, Zemmana, Riordan, De Graff & McBride were shocking \ terrible and are not good enough.

I could not believe Weatherspoon, Galbraith & Zemmana were not hooked earlier.

Wotherspiniesta
15-01-2011, 07:12 PM
I am simply giving my view of the game - I think you had a go at me the other week for commenting in such a manor about someone elses view.

De Graff I will give you, but I cant agree with the Murray shout, nor your score and it would appear our manager is the same. Typically I would expect that when a team goes 2 down they would take off there defensive midfielder and he was not. I think that speaks volumes.

The fact he silenced Kayal, who has been there most influential player over the past few games says it all, the same with Ledly when he came on. The issues for us came down the wide areas.

PS not as much pish as you giving Wotherspoon a 4! Albeit I am sure you are his long lost cousin or something!

If you actually bothered reading what I said about Wotherspoon then you'd see that I thought he was pish today.

See, thats the difference Albion Hibs, if players I like have an off game I will come out and say it. What happens when Murray has a bad game? You give him a 7 and put the blame on everyone else. Murray was nowhere to be seen today. De Graaf was hopelessly pish but at least he got involved.

I think Thorburn said it best about Murray earlier in the thread, likening him to Rocky 10.

HamiltonHibee
15-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Brown - 7 - Should be an 8/9 but last 3 games he is kicking like a 10 year old girl (sorry ladies) great couple of saves and a 'superman punch first half.

Thicot - 6 - He had periods where he was doing great tackling / link up play and first 40 mins he stopped McCourt getting the ball and running by getting on top of him. Then we lose a goal similar to tynie - throw in at their end opposite side and we conrtive to let them behind us with Thicot Missing. Poorer second half under pressure
Dickoh - 7 - Won most in the air and starting to look a good partnership in the middle
Hanlon - 8 - For once the sponsors got the MoM right..I was laughed at 3 years ago when I said he would be future captain and long term centre half...he was immence and was one bright spot in a forgettable day
Lewis - 6 - Good first half linked up well and good partnership / understanding with Hanlon supporting each other on left side of defence. Gave away pen and faded second half as he was put under more pressure

Galbraith - 6 - Looks fitter and a bit stronger. Some direct running and link up play. Good run and finish for goal that was chopped off. Wilson marked him well most of second half and he Drifted in and out of game.
De Graff - 5 - Looked comfortable early in match and was linking up well with some nice triangles in the middle. Closed space for Celtic down. Faded after booking latter and I am sure he failed to win a single header all afternoon
Zemamma - 5 - He looked fit and showed some nice play, but his touch has still got a way to go as he gave it away too much putting others in trouble and was trying to be too clever (like trying to nutmeg Brown when 0-3 down) and losing the ball. His touch will come but needs to keep it simpler until then.
Wotherspoon - 4 - Started quite well but then he tried to go round Izaguirre and was beaten easily...and several times more during the game as he lost confidence in being able to. He (Izaguirre)is a class full back and looked great going forward too...i'm sure spoony will have learned a lot trying against such a good player.

Riorden - 3 - Not been great of late with low effort moaning at team mates..today as well as this his touch would have had other players booed off the pitch..and was offside several times. Never a lone striker however

Subs

Duffy - 2 - No impact
Byrne - 1 - No time to get involved
McBride - 3 - Did not bring the stability / passing he often can - on too late

Manager - 5 - Good set up for first half other than Riorden up on his own - which had them contained. No plan B when we lost goal

Brown - One of the best keepers in SPL

Thicot and Dickoh - Utter gash

Hanlon - Still young but will be a great player,will probably move on as good a yound defender as there is in SPL

Stevenson - not the worst gives his all

Galbraith - could become a good asset

Murray - Gash today,better in defence

De Graaf - Laughable worst player i have seen

Zemmama - seen more strength in a box of anadin

Riiordan - Non tryer, get rid of him

Wotherspoon - same as galbraith

Duffy,McBride,Byrne - not given enough time

Get Murray back with hanlon bring him on as a player, get miller and mcbride back together get duffy up top and give byrne a run in team, galbraith and wotherspoon will do well keepthem in and i knowhe is not a popular fugure but rankin gives everything he has and please dont let us see de graaf again or i might throw my tv out the window.

Albion Hibs
15-01-2011, 11:15 PM
If you actually bothered reading what I said about Wotherspoon then you'd see that I thought he was pish today.

See, thats the difference Albion Hibs, if players I like have an off game I will come out and say it. What happens when Murray has a bad game? You give him a 7 and put the blame on everyone else. Murray was nowhere to be seen today. De Graaf was hopelessly pish but at least he got involved.

I think Thorburn said it best about Murray earlier in the thread, likening him to Rocky 10.

I think the manager said it best mate. He kept him on for a reason, while other got withdrawn.

It is all fair and well you offering up your 'i thought he was pish' stuff and then you chuck probably the worst player of the day a 4.

Exactly which bit did De Graff get involved in that Murray did not? Comprehensive answer please as I am going on the wild, wild, wild assumption that you have actually seen this game?

Houchy
15-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Brown and Hanlon are the only ones to get any marks, the rest get a big, fat, lonely ZERO.:agree:

YetholmHibee
15-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Brown - One of the best keepers in SPL

Thicot and Dickoh - Utter gash

Hanlon - Still young but will be a great player,will probably move on as good a yound defender as there is in SPL

Stevenson - not the worst gives his all

Galbraith - could become a good asset
Murray - Gash today,better in defence

De Graaf - Laughable worst player i have seen

Zemmama - seen more strength in a box of anadin

Riiordan - Non tryer, get rid of him

Wotherspoon - same as galbraith
Duffy,McBride,Byrne - not given enough time

Get Murray back with hanlon bring him on as a player, get miller and mcbride back together get duffy up top and give byrne a run in team, galbraith and wotherspoon will do well keepthem in and i knowhe is not a popular fugure but rankin gives everything he has and please dont let us see de graaf again or i might throw my tv out the window.

Time up!

Youth policy is NOT working!!!

Both had their chance - non effective!! . . . . p!ss off now!

:bye::bye:

Albion Hibs
15-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Time up!

Youth policy is NOT working!!!

Both had their chance - non effective!! . . . . p!ss off now!

:bye::bye:

I hope to be proved wrong but I think both these guys should be subs at best, and I do mean at best. As I say, hope I am wrong, but I see nothing in them.

J-C
16-01-2011, 12:13 AM
Well, went to the game, then straight out to work after and just back in.......

Brown.....7
Thicot....5
Dickoh....6
Hanlon....7
Stevenson....5

Wotherspoon.....3
Zemmama....5
De Graaf....2
Murray....3
Galbraith....3

Riordan....1

Calderwood....4.....why Duffy didn't start is beyond me, spacially as he's just scored in a closed doors match in Newcastle, playing a lone striker at home is just a no no, have a go at least.

Brads Laing
16-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Brown - 9 - Even though his kicking was poor, saved us many times and couldn't do anything about the goals
Thicot - 4 - Get this guy out the team. He looks OK every now and then but showed how bad he is at first goal. Accident waiting to happen
Dickoh - 5 - Made too many errors, looks another passenger.
Hanlon - 8 - Looks very good prospect, although could've done better at first goal was strong throughout
Stevenson - Looked solid and gave another option going forward, made bad decision by going for tackle at penalty
Wotherspoon - 5 - Looked OK at points, needs to get involved more.
De Graaf - 2 - Was he on the pitch?
Murray - 7 - Worked hard and was decent in possession of the ball, still think we should have a better football player in the centre though.
Zemamma - 7 - Best he's played since coming back, looked a threat every time he got the ball, troubled them at the back
Galbraith - 6 - Faded in and out the game, needs to get involved more but when he had the ball was effective
Riordan - 5 - Had tough job as lone striker. His touch was off but worked hard.

Wotherspiniesta
16-01-2011, 11:55 AM
I think the manager said it best mate. He kept him on for a reason, while other got withdrawn.

It is all fair and well you offering up your 'i thought he was pish' stuff and then you chuck probably the worst player of the day a 4.

Exactly which bit did De Graff get involved in that Murray did not? Comprehensive answer please as I am going on the wild, wild, wild assumption that you have actually seen this game?

What exactly did Calderwood say regarding Murray?

For whatever reason, you seem to not like Wotherspoon. I don't know what more you want me to say, yes, he was pish yesterday. Nothing seemed to come off for him at all. However, he just turned 21 years of age today and he has the potential to be a very good player for us. He's still inconsistent, but thats what you get with young players. I'm sure Scott Brown, Kevin Thomson, Steven Whittaker et al all had bad games when they were coming through. To brand him the "worst player on the park" yesterday is just laughable.

For your information, I wasn't at the game yesterday but I did watch the game on the TV. Sometimes watching the game on the TV gives you a better aspect of players perfomances so, not that I have to, but I'll give you my " comprehensive answer" as to how De Graaf was involved yesterday. He picked up a booking, constantly fouled Celtic players and was lucky to stay on the pitch. His first touch was akin to that of a baby elephant,he couldn't pass water and he was blowing out his arse after 55 minutes. All truely dire contributions to the game,making him stick out like a sore thumb, but he was involved nonetheless.

I don't like having a go at Murray, he's been a great servant to our club and has put in some great shifts for us. But I honestly can barely remember him kicking the ball yesterday because he was so far off the pace.

I hope that answers your question :aok:

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2011, 12:06 PM

What were the managers thought after he subbed him the previous 2 weeks or is it 3?:confused: FWIW i thought he was ok in the first half, kept it simple and had a couple of good tackles.

Although in the 2nd half, when we needed to go forward and create, his failings were there for all to see. He cant run with the ball, is an awful passer, has very little mobility, struggles to get forward and is even slower getting back.

As practically everyone but you says, his best days are behind him, although he might just do a job for us next season, after him and most of the other dross have dragged us down to the level they should be playing.

SaudiHibby
16-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Sorry to say it but fans standards have dropped over time in line with the general drop in standards of the team if anyone thinks anyone in that team yesterday deserved better than a 5.

Shocking, truly shocking.

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Brown - 7
Thicot - 4
Dickoh - 5 -
Hanlon - 7
Stevenson - 4
Wotherspoon - 3
De Graaf - 2
Murray - 3
Zemamma - 6