PDA

View Full Version : Dad, Kin I go to Ayr

billbee
15-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Got an 11 kid, been taking him to ER since he was 3, is he becoming like his old man, are Hibs that much a way and part of my life that come hail or high water just cant, for some reason, not stop comming back.
At the match the day, I thought their be be a change in the air. The wee guy said after the Sm....c 2nd goal, "Dad I always felt since you have taken me to matches that I had a special place in my heart for Hibs, and I feel thats leaving me!" said I "I know what you mean" (And this is the fans comming behind us when were gone!
We saw the rest of the game out to the final whistle, then left the stadium hardly saying a word - half way down St Clair Street - He said - "Dad kin you take me to Ayr" Are we all so diehrds - Dear Hibbys We will Be Back! - But where?

jonny
15-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Got an 11 kid, been taking him to ER since he was 3, is he becoming like his old man, are Hibs that much a way and part of my life that come hail or high water just cant, for some reason, not stop comming back.
At the match the day, I thought their be be a change in the air. The wee guy said after the Sm....c 2nd goal, "Dad I always felt since you have taken me to matches that I had a special place in my heart for Hibs, and I feel thats leaving me!" said I "I know what you mean" (And this is the fans comming behind us when were gone!
We saw the rest of the game out to the final whistle, then left the stadium hardly saying a word - half way down St Clair Street - He said - "Dad kin you take me to Ayr" Are we all so diehrds - Dear Hibbys We will Be Back! - But where?

:top marks to the wee man. Never give up the good fight.

I am the eternal optimist and think that this year is our year for the cup. Just when no-one expects it. BOOM! CC will be a Hibs legend.

tony higgins
15-01-2011, 06:58 PM
We saw the rest of the game out to the final whistle, then left the stadium hardly saying a word - half way down St Clair Street - He said - "Dad kin you take me to Ayr"

A wee tear in my eye.

Sammy7nil
15-01-2011, 07:05 PM
As a veteran in attending ER with all my nieces and newphews 2 had ST's taking them to many disappointments at Hampden in Finals and semi's I always feel much worsae for the Kids.

They are so full of optimism I hate to see them sad.

Sounds like you have a wee trooper :top marks

Leithenhibby
15-01-2011, 07:09 PM

"Dad kin you take me to Ayr"
Aye Son, but only if your bad, only if your bad!! :greengrin

Perspective
15-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Brilliant! He's obviously made of the right stuff.

the happy hibee
15-01-2011, 08:44 PM
:top marks! sounds like the day that my dad tells me that i said to him when i was five at the 1985 cup final v aberdeen when they made it 3-0 " it looks like we are no going to win the cup now dad" my dad went "aye i know son" but i went quick as a flash aparently " we will win it next tho dad" kids optimism for you! we didni win it next year but we did against the pars 6 years later tho :thumbsup:! so keep taking the wee man to the game because we will come good again and have another great day at hampden some time :aok:! from the happy hibee son colin!

IWasThere2016
15-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Great post - and great wee lad clearly! :thumbsup: Glory glory tae him! :agree:

Fifer
15-01-2011, 10:18 PM

The wee man is obiously made of the right stuff. Good on ye wee man GGTTH.

HibbyAndy
15-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Loving it mate...I remember in 1985 after beating der hun 2-0 at ER in the cup ( They missed a penalty) I asked my dad, 'please take me to Ibrox for the 2nd leg' He duly did..Davie Cooper scored a free kick and we lost 1-0 but went through 2-1 on aggregate.. The ultimate high

billbee
16-01-2011, 09:34 AM
And The Hibs Go Marching On ................:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::fla g::flag: