PDA

View Full Version : Post Match interview

down-the-slope
15-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Manager was asked after a chat about posibility of new signings that had encountered some problems this week..'are you satisfied with the budget available to bring players in' .....' oh yea yea theres no problem that way'

So thats one in the eye to the board bashers :greengrin

HibbyAndy
15-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Well ****ing spend it then!!!!

Hibs90
15-01-2011, 02:55 PM

:agree:

Cropley10
15-01-2011, 02:57 PM
The clock ticks down, more points go adrift, more obstacles are encountered, still no new players arrive.

We are skating on very thin ice - that was another quite terrible 'performance'...

down-the-slope
15-01-2011, 03:51 PM
funny how few people comment on factual post which shows up so many previous posts about the board and money is rubbish :rolleyes:

Perhaps its not the money..perhaps players we want don't fancy joining :titanic:where they could have spineless teamates and fans who boo their own :devil:

Moulin Yarns
15-01-2011, 04:14 PM
I don't know the answer.

Does CC bring in a few players that he knows from England, who we have little knowledge of and immediately dismiss as 'not Hibs Class'?

Does CC rely on DA to identify players in Scotland, from the lower leagues, who we may have a little knowledge of but are likely to dismiss as 'not Hibs Class'?

Does CC 'splash the cash' on one or two higher profile players who we have heard off and think are 'Hibs Class'?

Before yesterday I would have liked to see a bid made for David Goodwillie, a proven goalscorer, that would appease the fans, and produce some positive results, but whatever is going on with him and Robertson is not worth the trouble (IMO)

Rumours of Adam Rooney, and Leigh Griffith don't fill me with enthusiasm as they still have to prove themselves, again IMHO.

Today, without threatening the Celtc goal a lot, we actually held our own for the first 40 minutes, which suggests to me that some things were right up to that point. We lost a poor goal late in the first half which knocked us out of our stride. The penalty and Stokes well taken goal would have happened regardless of how well we played (IMHO). That might not be how everybody saw the game, but there wasn't a lot of difference until they scored.

hibiedude
15-01-2011, 04:19 PM
I also heard CC Post Match interview and he seemed to be saying that certain obstacles cropped up this week but didn’t mention what they were

I think CC will bring in a couple of nobodies in the last hours before the window closes just to appease the fans and that will be after R01rdan Nish and some others have been shown the door.

Just my opinion on how the club has been run over the last few seasons- I’ll be over the moon if proved wrong

down-the-slope
15-01-2011, 04:20 PM
I don't know the answer.

Does CC bring in a few players that he knows from England, who we have little knowledge of and immediately dismiss as 'not Hibs Class'?

Does CC rely on DA to identify players in Scotland, from the lower leagues, who we may have a little knowledge of but are likely to dismiss as 'not Hibs Class'?

Does CC 'splash the cash' on one or two higher profile players who we have heard off and think are 'Hibs Class'?

Before yesterday I would have liked to see a bid made for David Goodwillie, a proven goalscorer, that would appease the fans, and produce some positive results, but whatever is going on with him and Robertson is not worth the trouble (IMO)

Rumours of Adam Rooney, and Leigh Griffith don't fill me with enthusiasm as they still have to prove themselves, again IMHO.

Today, without threatening the Celtc goal a lot, we actually held our own for the first 40 minutes, which suggests to me that some things were right up to that point. We lost a poor goal late in the first half which knocked us out of our stride. The penalty and Stokes well taken goal would have happened regardless of how well we played (IMHO). That might not be how everybody saw the game, but there wasn't a lot of difference until they scored.

:agree: I agree with you match summary...not a lot in it until goal..they score..we implode / heads go down...suddenly they get space and start to express themselves.

Any signing we make now is going to have to live with an unrealistic weight of expectation on them being able to halt the slide....hard burden to bear

silverhibee
15-01-2011, 04:49 PM

:top marks

matty_f
15-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Does anyone know if hibs players being exchanged were part of the deal(s)? Would be typical of this bunch to scupper any chances of saving the season.

Alfred E Newman
15-01-2011, 04:55 PM

I would have thought that it should not have taken Calderwood long to suss out what is wrong with the squad and I would have expected him to come out the traps at the start of the window to try and fix it even if just to keep us in the league.
As it stands we will be firmly anchored in the relegation zone and out the cup before he gets round to deciding who goes and who comes in if any.

basehibby
15-01-2011, 04:57 PM
I don't know the answer.

I would like to see a mixture of all three of these strategies - CC and DA will have a great store of knowledge of the English and Scottish lower leagues which I would hope will be exploited to the max. Having said that, I think that the long suffering Hibs support DESERVE and NEED a marquee type signing to give us a bit of hope and a much needed shot in the arm!
The right kind of experienced, quality player could make all the difference to this team and if it meant the difference between a comfortable league position and the threat of relegation it would be well worth pushing the boat out somewhat to achieve this. IMO.

Moulin Yarns
15-01-2011, 04:59 PM

:agree:

:top marks

On who? The 3 previous managers also had money to spend, and there are a lot of people were calling for signings at the time, so they all signed players they thought were good enough, but who are (apparently) not Hibs Class.

It may turn out that CC signs even more rubbish. just spending money isn't the answer, it has to be on players that will play as a part of a team and improve the current performance.

I'm not saying that he won't, all I'm saying is that it has to be the right players. IMHO the current players do not play as a unit, a team, and there needs to be a good mix of the correct skills to compliment the players that stay. whoever they may be.

greenlex
15-01-2011, 04:59 PM
I would have thought that it should not have taken Calderwood long to suss out what is wrong with the squad and I would have expected him to come out the traps at the start of the window to try and fix it even if just to keep us in the league.
As it stands we will be firmly anchored in the relegation zone and out the cup before he gets round to deciding who goes and who comes in if any.
It will depend who the targets are. Are they till the end of the season loans to keep us up or longer term players to take us forward. Either way getting the right players must be key rather than any player for the sake of it. If the first targets dont happen for whatever reason I hope he takes his time to get suitable second or third targets.

Largshibby
15-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Manager was asked after a chat about posibility of new signings that had encountered some problems this week..'are you satisfied with the budget available to bring players in' .....' oh yea yea theres no problem that way'

Hibs are probably one of the few clubs around who actually have some real money to spend and anybody we are dealing with (clubs or agents) will know that. Considering how RP goes about his business he will play hard ball to get the best deal so for that reason I am concerned that any new signings won't appear until close to the end of the window. Clubs/players might reduce their demands on the basis that some money is better than none. The danger is we are several more league defeats down the line, confidence shot etc etc and tougher for new players to turn things round in the time remaining.

HFC 0-7
15-01-2011, 05:06 PM

He also made reference along the lines of 'we will do ok with this bunch of players' when asked if its a must that new players are brought in. He then said players would only need to be brought in to freshen things up. Not exact words but something along those lines).

When I was watching it he looked uncomfortable when asked the question about the need for new players. That could be down to a few reasons though.

In regards to your point about the quote from calderwood, I think if his budget was bad and he moaned about it in the media he would end up getting less!

Removed
15-01-2011, 05:17 PM
He also made reference along the lines of 'we will do ok with this bunch of players' when asked if its a must that new players are brought in. He then said players would only need to be brought in to freshen things up. Not exact words but something along those lines).

Not seen or heard it yet but if that's the gist of it then I hope it's a smokescreen because if CC actually believes that then we are in a bigger mess than I ever thought.

Danderhall Hibs
15-01-2011, 06:10 PM
On who? The 3 previous managers also had money to spend, and there are a lot of people were calling for signings at the time, so they all signed players they thought were good enough, but who are (apparently) not Hibs Class.

It may turn out that CC signs even more rubbish. just spending money isn't the answer, it has to be on players that will play as a part of a team and improve the current performance.

I'm not saying that he won't, all I'm saying is that it has to be the right players. IMHO the current players do not play as a unit, a team, and there needs to be a good mix of the correct skills to compliment the players that stay. whoever they may be.

He should spend it on whoever he's identified. That's his job.

HFC 0-7
15-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Not seen or heard it yet but if that's the gist of it then I hope it's a smokescreen because if CC actually believes that then we are in a bigger mess than I ever thought.

IMO, I could be wrong though, is that he was put on the spot a bit by the question and probably didnt want to lower the squads confidence anymore by stating publicly that we 'need' more players (even although everyone knows it). He did say he hoped to freshen things up.

I hope this is what was happening anyway!

Dirkster23
15-01-2011, 06:18 PM
He should spend it on whoever he's identified. That's his job.

And if the other team don't want to sell the player he's identfied :dunno:

Dirkster23
15-01-2011, 06:22 PM
IMO, I could be wrong though, is that he was put on the spot a bit by the question and probably didnt want to lower the squads confidence anymore by stating publicly that we 'need' more players (even although everyone knows it). He did say he hoped to freshen things up.

I hope this is what was happening anyway!

That's how i took it too. It's clear he's trying to bring players in this window.

Like everyone else, i hope they're here sonner rather than later.

Danderhall Hibs
15-01-2011, 06:25 PM
And if the other team don't want to sell the player he's identfied :dunno:

You tap the player up 1st don't you? So that when the bid comes in the club know he'll be unhappy if they keep knocking it back.

hibs0666
15-01-2011, 06:29 PM

It's not about deciding on changes, it's about making change happen. Calderwood is not responsible for negotiating deals at the club, so he can hardly be blamed for it can he? :confused:

Dirkster23
15-01-2011, 06:41 PM
You tap the player up 1st don't you? So that when the bid comes in the club know he'll be unhappy if they keep knocking it back.

Maybe the player shows some loyalty to his current club?

Danderhall Hibs
15-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Maybe the player shows some loyalty to his current club?

:tee hee: What world are we talking about here?

Seriously though if you speak to him and he's not interested you don't bid.

Saorsa
15-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Well ****ing spend it then!!!!I think you're forgetting about all the stumbling blocks :rolleyes:

hibee_patty
15-01-2011, 09:38 PM

Its not that easy to sign players...You cant just identify a player and sign him on the day. Takes time to negotiate with clubs then negotiate with player and agent then medicals etc. People are moaning that we have not got players in now but at the end of the day would you be happy if we signed 4 players by now who turn out to be huddies or wage thiefs just for the sake of signing players. i would much rather he took his time and got in the correct players.:confused:

silverhibee
15-01-2011, 10:26 PM

Wee could make a start by actually bidding for a player, ie A. Rooney for instance, Terry Butcher said he has only recived one bid and that was from a Russian club, anyone know what the bid is?.
How cant Hibs just make an offer to ICT, and see if they will accept it, its not dificult to make a bid for a player, then you know if that club are interested in selling the player. What is stopping our board. Oh how did i forget its down to obstacles placed infront of the board. Silly me.:rolleyes:

silverhibee
15-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Its not that easy to sign players...You cant just identify a player and sign him on the day. Takes time to negotiate with clubs then negotiate with player and agent then medicals etc. People are moaning that we have not got players in now but at the end of the day would you be happy if we signed 4 players by now who turn out to be huddies or wage thiefs just for the sake of signing players. i would much rather he took his time and got in the correct players.:confused:

He has had time to identify players and two weeks in to the window and wee are no closer to bringing in new players, Hibs dont have a problem getting rid of players asap when they need to, Stokes Bamba and Grounds, who's wages are they being spent on, let me tell you, nobody.
Hibs need new players now, simple as that, or wee could be playing in the 1st division next season, and that is a real possibility FFS.

HibeeMG
15-01-2011, 10:45 PM
I don't know the answer.

CC and DA shouldn't give a flying f*** whether the fans would see the signing(s) as 'Hibs class'.

If they have identified, researched, negotiated and bought the player, I would hope that they would be better than what we have currently. If the player turned out to be as good as what they hoped then they would get no argument from any Hibs fan.

If they decide to 'splash the cash' on a 'Hibs class' player then I'd hope that they'd done the same as above with the same result.

Basically, they have to get this right. They pretty much knew that from day one and the whole scouting machine should have been set in motion with more than 2-3 players identified who would enhance the team.

Doing nothing is unacceptable.

Doing nothing for fear of abuse from the support is even more unacceptable!