PDA

View Full Version : It could take us 3 years to get out First Division

Hakim Sar
15-01-2011, 01:23 PM
But we have a shiny new stadium!

Farce. Most embarrassing hibs team ever.

hibee
15-01-2011, 01:37 PM

No it wouldn't we'd be straight back up and might even enjoy some games like last time we were there!

Hermit Crab
15-01-2011, 01:39 PM

Good that means cheaper ticket prices. On second thought Petrie........... :grr:

Bishop Hibee
15-01-2011, 01:40 PM
I commented to mates at the game that this team wouldn't get us out of the 1st division if we go down. It took the signings of Mixu, Sauzee and Latapy to get us out last time. Would the board sanction the signing of equivalent players given the wages we had to pay for the 3 above?

If we go down which looks increasingly likely, I really fear we'll do an early 80's Hearts and not come straight back up unless we spend our way out.

Worrying times.

RickyS
15-01-2011, 01:40 PM
No it wouldn't we'd be straight back up and might even enjoy some games like last time we were there!

wish I had your confidence mate

The_Todd
15-01-2011, 01:42 PM
I'm as worried as anyone about relegation, but you're getting yourself worked up about a purely hypothetical situation. It will take us 3 years to get promoted? We're not even relegated yet!

SlickShoes
15-01-2011, 01:43 PM
If we get relegated and then the leagues get restructured we could very well be down there for 2/3 years and need to win that league possibly twice just to come back up once.

Craig_in_Prague
15-01-2011, 01:44 PM
I commented to mates at the game that this team wouldn't get us out of the 1st division if we go down. It took the signings of Mixu, Sauzee and Latapy to get us out last time. Would the board sanction the signing of equivalent players given the wages we had to pay for the 3 above?

If we go down which looks increasingly likely, I really fear we'll do an early 80's Hearts and not come straight back up unless we spend our way out.

Worrying times.

and just ask Dundee how that can go.

mcfly
15-01-2011, 01:45 PM
WHY ARE THE BOARD GETTING SUCH AN EASY TIME OF THINGS????

they sell all our best players
replace them with journeyman who are rubbish
there is no fight, no desire from the team

no statement of intent from board.
why were new players not sourced in dec and ready to be signed in early jan??
this is now mid jan, we have NO new players, good chance we will be out the cup on tues and crowds will drop rapidly.
look how many empty seats today?

VERY worrying times for hibs board, we must have new signings NOW

blaming the manager is wrong, he must be given time, the players and the lack of money from the board is to blame

JCHibby
15-01-2011, 09:32 PM

Based on current team/manager/tactics..... No danger!!

1two
15-01-2011, 09:38 PM
We get relegated this season

Spl league of twelve next season
Changing to 10 for the following season
Meaning two down none up that year
Meaning 2 years in 'spl 2' for hibs

We would be ****ed and would struggle to survive if we get relegated this year

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-01-2011, 09:44 PM
whoever goes down this season will face a tough time because the team that will likely win the most points, Dundee, will still be in the league.

vahibbie
15-01-2011, 09:45 PM

Based on what:confused:
Our playing staff.
Our manager and coaches.
Our recent record against lower league teams.

No, if we go down we will struggle.

new malkyhib
15-01-2011, 09:51 PM
If we get relegated and then the leagues get restructured we could very well be down there for 2/3 years and need to win that league possibly twice just to come back up once.

:top marksand our Chief Executive is at the vanguard of this change which could well see the above scenario played out...you couldn't make it up.

On that note, should Petrie not quietly step down from this committee to concentrate on matters closer to home?

SloopJB
15-01-2011, 09:59 PM

Forgive me I must have nodded of, Who won the SPL? can't find it anywhere.

matty_f
15-01-2011, 09:59 PM

I would say the stadium is more of a matte effect. It's not really shiny at all.

Probably agree with the last sentence though.

ronaldo7
15-01-2011, 10:04 PM
The stadium used to be silky, just like the football. Oh well roll up the sleeves and fight them on the beaches.:flag:

Franck Stanton
15-01-2011, 10:55 PM
no it wouldn't we'd be straight back up and might even enjoy some games like last time we were there!
oh really .

Leithenhibby
15-01-2011, 11:04 PM

Could :cool2:

But as it stands at the moment, Hamilton will be having the sleepless nights :wink:

jonny
16-01-2011, 08:05 AM
We get relegated this season

Spl league of twelve next season
Changing to 10 for the following season
Meaning two down none up that year
Meaning 2 years in 'spl 2' for hibs

We would be ****ed and would struggle to survive if we get relegated this year

It was noted as 3 down 1 up in the initial plans.

Aside from that, IMO we'll be safe this year. I'm not under the illusion that we're too good to go down, because no-one is - well, with the exception of the infirm.
However, I have faith that CC will manage to bring in a couple of players before the window closes to add a bit of steel to the team. We are 4 points in front of a Hamilton side that are equally as bad as us. 4 Points is quite a lot to a team (Hamilton) that aren't winning.
The upcoming games against Accies and St Mirren are crucial but for me it's not all doom and gloom. Despite our poor form we have a great chance of getting into the quarter final of the Scottish Cup - Ayr, then St Mirren/Peterhead aren't foregone conclusions but it is realistic to think we can and should get through those ties.

KenN
16-01-2011, 08:33 AM
CC said on the radio yesterday after the match that he was happy with the funds available and that wasn;t a problem.
My question is therefore is it the board or is it CC. I agree with a post above, CC should have been working on new players throughout Dec and not start faffing about in January.
My feelings are that CC is the main problem.

marinello59
16-01-2011, 08:40 AM
CC said on the radio yesterday after the match that he was happy with the funds available and that wasn;t a problem.
My question is therefore is it the board or is it CC. I agree with a post above, CC should have been working on new players throughout Dec and not start faffing about in January.
My feelings are that CC is the main problem.

Given that he is just in the door and the player budget will have been part of his initial discussions with the club he could hardly say differently.
Do you honestly believe that CC didn't start looking at who he could bring in from day one in the job? Where he may well be struggling is convincing the players he wants to come up to a second rate league for relatively poor wages.