PDA

View Full Version : hanlon and brown

hibbysam
15-01-2011, 01:21 PM
Thought apart from browns kicking these two were outstanding today and without them we would have been on the end of a total humiliating result. The rest of them can stick there jobs where the sun don't shine for all I care gutless spineless wage thief's.

ozzie
15-01-2011, 01:23 PM
ive got to agree hanlon was our only defender on the pitch. cc should give stevens a chance on tuesday.

Chuck Rhoades
15-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Wasnt Hanlon solely at fault for the first goal?

PeeJay
15-01-2011, 04:52 PM

No - not solely, partly - Thicot was posted missing again when Stokes was out on the right.

Wotherspiniesta
15-01-2011, 04:59 PM

Nobody was at fault for the first goal in my opinion.

It was good movement from Stokes, a good low cross, a nice first touch by Hooper to get away from Hanlon and a tidy finish.

Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up.

(Maybe I'm just becoming numb by the amount of goals we concede though)

Hanlon's got potential to be a decent centre back, but he still makes some errors in judgement like in the second half when he was facing Brown, and took too long to get rid, then played it off of Hooper? for him to run through on goal.
It was very similar to what Hogg done against Aberdeen when the sheep dived when through 1 on 1. Hanlon made a great recovery tackle when he messed up though.

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2011, 06:50 PM
I thought Hanlon was awful for the 1st goal, he had to stay on his feet, but ended up giving Hooper the goal on a plate. That apart he was ok.

hibbysam
15-01-2011, 07:42 PM
I thought Hanlon was awful for the 1st goal, he had to stay on his feet, but ended up giving Hooper the goal on a plate. That apart he was ok.

If you look at the move as a whole where did it start? When zouma did the hard bit to beat his man with a neat dummy-backheel in the middle of the pitch, then his attempt to play a 20 yard pass to galbraith was total horrendous, thats where it started, we then switched off in the middle of the pitch and let them have all the time in the world to pick out stokes' run, hoopers movement and first touch would've done most centre halfs in the league, what if hooper hit it first time? and hanlon had stood and watched it go past him he'd have been castigated again for that, wrong choice not "awful":agree:

Pretty Boy
15-01-2011, 09:21 PM

:agree: He gave Hooper far too much space by being a yard behind him when he should have been a yard in fornt of him. He was also the wrong side of Stokes for the 2nd goal which allowed the ball to be played inside him and forced a silly tackle that led to the penalty.

The worst part is that despite those 2 mistakes, that both led to goals, he probably was our man of the match. Thats sums up how bad we are right now.

Jones28
15-01-2011, 11:52 PM
Stevenson was decent I thought, much better than Grounds was.

H18sry
16-01-2011, 12:05 AM
Stevenson was decent I thought, much better than Grounds was.

:cool2: What about his challenge for the penalty, and his lack of finding a Hibs jersey with his passing :confused:

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2011, 11:45 AM
If you look at the move as a whole where did it start? When zouma did the hard bit to beat his man with a neat dummy-backheel in the middle of the pitch, then his attempt to play a 20 yard pass to galbraith was total horrendous, thats where it started, we then switched off in the middle of the pitch and let them have all the time in the world to pick out stokes' run, hoopers movement and first touch would've done most centre halfs in the league, what if hooper hit it first time? and hanlon had stood and watched it go past him he'd have been castigated again for that, wrong choice not "awful":agree:

Hogg is rightly castigated for being too slow, easy to knock off the ball and not marking tightly enough. If Hanlon had been that little bit closer to Hooper, any shot Hooper had could have been blocked by Paul while staying on his feet. But because he was not tight he had to dive in, commit himself, so landed on his backside, making it easy for Hooper imo.

PeterboroHibee
16-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Hanlon (first goal apart) and Brown were the only two decent players on the pitch imo.

I dunno why Brown doesnt just play it out to the defence as his kicking really is shocking, and considering we dont really have anyone that can win the ball in the air, it makes no sense to be hoofing it up the pitch anyway (CC got his tactics totally wrong yesterday so partly to do with that). Other than that he was pretty good, kept the score down.

1875Sean
16-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Fair play Brows save from McCourt in the second was top class but for me his distrubtion isnt anywhere good enough for a first choice keeper, his kicking is terrible.

I dont think theres a worse keeper in the spl, this cant give confidence to the back four if they are under pressure