PDA

View Full Version : Thats enough for this season

Captain Trips
15-01-2011, 02:16 PM
I wasnt there today but dont see myself attending again this term.

Im sure I will here about the club needs as many of us etc etc, IMO thats just romance, this is purely based now on morals, and I refuse to contribute a penny to the wages of that lot, they have shown what they are all about for weeks.

bongo'd
15-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Sums up my feelings to a tee:agree:

BWhiteman1972
15-01-2011, 02:35 PM
I agree. Yes we all want to support our club 200% but there comes a time when you have to say enough is enough.

The emptier our stands get, the more the message might get through to Petrie. If we all continue to run back for every home game what incentive is their for Petrie to really change anything. All he cares about is the bottom line. It's time we gave him major cause for concern as obviously our performances and current league position don't seem to give him many sleepless nights.

FifeSpireite
15-01-2011, 02:43 PM
I gave up last week after the Ayr debacle. No more for me this season.

gorgie_harp
15-01-2011, 02:44 PM

Im sure I will here about the club needs as many of us etc etc, IMO thats just romance, this is purely based now on morals, and I refuse to contribute a penny to the wages of that lot, they have shown what they are all about for weeks.

I'm a season ticket holder,(wont be next season) and have not been to watch
that bunch of spineless gits, since hearts beat us 2-0 at er. that for me was the last straw. I WAS a home and away supporter,not any more, ****ing had it with this lot of players and board. No ambition on, or of the field. But hey!! we have a new stand, and state of the art training centre. Do they train there?
:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr: ****ING SORT IT OUT PETRIE, OR **** OFF.

sleeping giant
15-01-2011, 02:44 PM

How the **** can you NOT go to a match then declare you're not going back :hilarious

Captain Trips
15-01-2011, 02:48 PM
How the **** can you NOT go to a match then declare you're not going back :hilarious

Errrrr simple Im not going back this season from going previuosly, simples really.

So if I went to first 3 matches then missed 4th but stated after the 4th Im not going back, can you explain what terminolgy then should have been used?

hibs0666
15-01-2011, 02:48 PM

:thumbsup: I liked that too. :agree:

Shrekko
15-01-2011, 02:49 PM
We're soon gonnae have folk announcing on here that they're cancelling their Sky or ESPN subscriptions.

Bishop Hibee
15-01-2011, 02:51 PM

I'll keep going but am I immoral for doing so :crazy:

Sums up my feelings to a tee:agree:

I agree. Yes we all want to support our club 200% but there comes a time when you have to say enough is enough.

The emptier our stands get, the more the message might get through to Petrie. If we all continue to run back for every home game what incentive is their for Petrie to really change anything. All he cares about is the bottom line. It's time we gave him major cause for concern as obviously our performances and current league position don't seem to give him many sleepless nights.

I gave up last week after the Ayr debacle. No more for me this season.

A lot of posters who joined in 2010 , not many posts, 'not going back'. Sniff, sniff?

It's awful at the moment, but as I told my 8 year old today, you follow Hibs through thick and thin. If I was purely interested in following a side that wins all the time, I'd have started supporting one of the OF or an big English team long ago.

Hibee 'til I die :flag:

Perspective
15-01-2011, 02:54 PM
It's awful at the moment, but as I told my 8 year old today, you follow Hibs through thick and thin. If I was purely interested in following a side that wins all the time, I'd have started supporting one of the OF or an big English team long ago.

:top marks

Captain Trips
15-01-2011, 02:54 PM

A lot of posters who joined in 2010 , not many posts, 'not going back'. Sniff, sniff?

Who said your immorale? It is for me thats my opinion. I think I have stated a fair enough reason in my view.

Steve-O
15-01-2011, 02:57 PM

I saw 3 games over Xmas and I watched that total garbage here today in a Celtic club in Wellington. I've decided that I am not going to bother watching another game this season.

That today was just horrible. Hard to even believe how bad it was.

RickyS
15-01-2011, 03:15 PM

i am on my third "i'm not going back" of the season, I just can't stomach watching some of the thieves who take thousands a week/month out the club and give **** all back

heretoday
15-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Fair weather fans.......

You should have been alive when Walter Galbraith was the manager. Hibs were second bottom of an 18-team league.

God knows how but they avoided relegation and then the manager went off with the petty cash! :greengrin

Cheer up and get behind your team.

Albion Hibs
15-01-2011, 03:24 PM
I get my kill out of so many hammering the team, lets be honest, if they as players are bad, we are fans are horrific!

Todays crowd was a total embarrassment and showed the full extent of our fair weather / fickle fan base we have IMO. The same people that did not bother turning up will no doubt be the ones demanding huge investment in the team - investment from someone else.

Here is an idea, put up your cash and challenge our board to do the same. We are criticising them from walking away from investment, yet fans are actually walking away from the club they supposedly care so much about.

For those that turned up today, and did not chose to watch in the house or go clothes shopping at Ocean Terminal, well done.

RickyS
15-01-2011, 03:31 PM
I get my kill out of so many hammering the team, lets be honest, if they as players are bad, we are fans are horrific!

Todays crowd was a total embarrassment and showed the full extent of our fair weather / fickle fan base we have IMO. The same people that did not bother turning up will no doubt be the ones demanding huge investment in the team - investment from someone else.

Here is an idea, put up your cash and challenge our board to do the same. We are criticising them from walking away from investment, yet fans are actually walking away from the club they supposedly care so much about.

For those that turned up today, and did not chose to watch in the house or go clothes shopping at Ocean Terminal, well done.

falling attendances is not a problem unique to Hibs tho, every SPL club has the same problem

WeAreHibs
15-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Exactly !

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

ackeygraham
15-01-2011, 03:36 PM

man. get a grip..would you go back to the same restaurant if they kept giving you rubbish food....i think you would...other people dont..fair play to people who have morals and stick by them....mine is i agree...i've paid my ST, and won't be back as its painful....

I might go to the ocean terminal instead...might have more fun...or head to mcdonalds....they have rubbish food too, but slightly better and cheaper than a plastic expensive pizza at ER....:greengrin

Gatecrasher
15-01-2011, 03:36 PM

Im getting close to this as well.

im so pissed off its unreal just now. STH for 15 years and considering packing it in all together.

noucampos
15-01-2011, 03:39 PM

This fair weather, fickle fan - season ticket holder for 10+ years and walk-up with my dad for many more before that - has indeed had enough. Didn't go today due to childcare issues. In years gone by I would have moved heaven and earth to get that sorted and get to the game. The sad thing is, I didn't care enough. Just like the players.

Yes, I'm not a regular poster. No, I'm not a Hearts fan. I'm just someone who is falling out of love with Hibs. And that is something I never thought would happen.

aberhibsfc
15-01-2011, 04:07 PM

You know, I almost completely agree with you. Only if we don't go there will be no money to change things. Should we be going en-masse and send a vocal volley towards the board.

I am really in two minds myself.

I was disappointed to see Hughes go but could understand why, I wasn't excited by Calderwood but was content to get behind him and see what he does. I am not advocating a change of manager but I haven't seen anything from him or the board for that matter to suggest things are going to be worked on to turn the club around.

I am sure that Calderwood and scouts would have been monitoring players for sometime, I wouldn't think they'd wait until the window to start listing potential signings. We are half way through the month with little or no visible activity.

I am increasingly worried as to where we will begin to pick up points, today was a bridge too far given our current predicament but I look at the team and am not convinced that they have the ability or mental toughness to see this out. Hamilton and St Mirren are used to fighting it out down there and with players on paper wouldn't be at ER but they will battle and pick up points here and there, can we?

The Tubs
15-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Fair weather fans.......

You should have been alive when Walter Galbraith was the manager. Hibs were second bottom of an 18-team league.

God knows how but they avoided relegation and then the manager went off with the petty cash! :greengrin

Ah! Them were the days!

BWhiteman1972
15-01-2011, 04:44 PM

I might have only joined here since 2010, but I've been a season ticket holder since 1998!!

And you're right you do support your team through thick and thin, but at some point you need to let the man in charge know that things need changed.

When that man is Rod Petrie and the only thing he cares about are £££££'s coming through the turnstiles there is only one way to get his attention.

Albion Hibs
15-01-2011, 04:45 PM
man. get a grip..would you go back to the same restaurant if they kept giving you rubbish food....i think you would...other people dont..fair play to people who have morals and stick by them....mine is i agree...i've paid my ST, and won't be back as its painful....

I might go to the ocean terminal instead...might have more fun...or head to mcdonalds....they have rubbish food too, but slightly better and cheaper than a plastic expensive pizza at ER....:greengrin

Brilliant...last week someone likend supporting a team to a mobile phone...now its a restaurant. Appreciate that is your opinion. My view is supporting your team is not like a restaurant or a phone, you expect good food when you go out to eat, that guarentee does not come with a football team. Thick and thin is where we are supposed to be.

My fear is the old firm mentality spreading through our support, we are great fans when we are winning, then off when the team starts to loose blaming everyone else, players, managers directors etc etc.

We as a fan base have to take responsibility to.

As I say I appreciate your opinion, it just sadens me to see how we act at times, demanding a new manager, new players, and when it does not go our way it is down tools and lets get off.

BWhiteman1972
15-01-2011, 04:46 PM
You know, I almost completely agree with you. Only if we don't go there will be no money to change things. Should we be going en-masse and send a vocal volley towards the board.

I am really in two minds myself.

I was disappointed to see Hughes go but could understand why, I wasn't excited by Calderwood but was content to get behind him and see what he does. I am not advocating a change of manager but I haven't seen anything from him or the board for that matter to suggest things are going to be worked on to turn the club around.

I am sure that Calderwood and scouts would have been monitoring players for sometime, I wouldn't think they'd wait until the window to start listing potential signings. We are half way through the month with little or no visible activity.

I am increasingly worried as to where we will begin to pick up points, today was a bridge too far given our current predicament but I look at the team and am not convinced that they have the ability or mental toughness to see this out. Hamilton and St Mirren are used to fighting it out down there and with players on paper wouldn't be at ER but they will battle and pick up points here and there, can we?

I agree with you 100%, my next concern is that as things get worse and we slide to the foot of the table (Obviously I hope that's not the case - but it looks a likely one!) is that Petrie will start putting cash aside to help shore up the books for the 1st division.

iwasthere1972
15-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Today was horrendous and to makes things worse I already have my ticket for the huns game. That may be my last game of the season unless we reach the SC final.

Cropley10
15-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Brilliant...last week someone likend supporting a team to a mobile phone...now its a restaurant. Appreciate that is your opinion. My view is supporting your team is not like a restaurant or a phone, you expect good food when you go out to eat, that guarentee does not come with a football team. Thick and thin is where we are supposed to be.

My fear is the old firm mentality spreading through our support, we are great fans when we are winning, then off when the team starts to loose blaming everyone else, players, managers directors etc etc.

As I say I appreciate your opinion, it just sadens me to see how we act at times, demanding a new manager, new players, and when it does not go our way it is down tools and lets get off.

That was another poor game. These are tough economic times for us all, taxes up, pay freezes, job losses and so on. Football is a release, an escape from everything - I like the Italian saying, "it's the most important, of life's least important things'.

But it's an odd relationship, you can change your wife/husband, but not your team after all. That means that many of us pay even when the product is rubbish, as it is now.

I don't think anyone is 'hammering the team' - I thought there was some atmosphere there today, there was no booing and only after we were 3 down did I start to hear frustration.

Thing is this becomes another uber fan debate. People are perfectly entitled to be unhappy, to be upset, to be angry. We've been in a downward spiral for a while both in terms of results but more importantly performances.

I buy two season tickets every year - will I next year - not if we're in the SFL, no.

Bishop Hibee
15-01-2011, 05:07 PM
I might have only joined here since 2010, but I've been a season ticket holder since 1998!!

And you're right you do support your team through thick and thin, but at some point you need to let the man in charge know that things need changed.

When that man is Rod Petrie and the only thing he cares about are £££££'s coming through the turnstiles there is only one way to get his attention.

Fair enough.

I chose to stay to the end and then voice my disgust with thousands of other Hibees at what went before. Hopefully that got Petrie's attention.

Petrie's biggest mistake along with whoever else was on the interview panel, was to employ Hughes and then not get Pa Broon to sort out the mess he left. I don't think CC realised how bad things were when he joined. It'll be down to his signings this transfer window as to whether we stay up.

Ironically it was the fans not buying Season Tickets, hitting Hibs financially that led to Mixu leaving and being replaced by a manager in Yogi who was far worse!

Beefster
15-01-2011, 05:13 PM

You may not be wrong but what other methods did you use to try and get his attention before deciding that not renewing is the only way?

basehibby
15-01-2011, 05:16 PM

I WILL be back at ER this season but I cannot bring myself to criticise those who are saying "enough is enough", calling for change and opting to vote for it with their feet.
I've not got a ST at the moment as I've been in and out of work all last year and money is extremely tight, so I pick and chose my games as and when I can afford them.

But for the majority of games I've been to this season I have come away feeling disappointed and let down by the side, and often questioning whether forking out 20 odd quid was really something I should be doing just to make me feel even more miserable and demoralised than my work situation has often made me feel already. That's a question a lot of fans must be asking themselves at the moment - football is supposed to be entertainment afterall, and that has been in very short supply at ER of late, unless of course you're a big fan of tragi-comedies and disaster movies.

Captain Trips
15-01-2011, 05:23 PM
I support Hibs in a way that suits me and my life, I dont pay the money and think right thats me helping Hibs I pay it for me to enjoy the match of course the bi-product is my money helps Hibs.

I expect a certain level of skill and commitment for my money, this is how I view it lots of others expext higher or lower, I live in the hope that Hibs are going to live to my expectations, I think Hibs are capable of delivering a product worth the money, but unfortunatly football clubs are a thing you cant change. Hibs as a club is a great club, Hibs as a team are not worthy of it.

I work hard for my money and dont feel giving any of it to Hibs players IMO is right at this time, this is how I view it many fans will go no matter what they have a different view on things from me, people go to less matches than me and again they have a different view.

Yes if you go for a meal and your not happy you dont go back you go elsewhere, I can only just not go until such times I feel the players are IMO worthy of my money as cant watch other teams. I started this post knowing I would be critised but feel I have a valid point, I would say there are 1000s of fans who make less effort to go than me who will not put themselves in a position to be critised.

I can be told to get behind the team or you need to go and show your support, these are views that yes are seen as the way to support a team/club, I dont agree with it in every way, I think there is a lot more to it than that.

joebakerforever
15-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Fair weather fans.......

Well I was there when this happened, but going off with petty cash pales into insignificance compared to selling off Stokes & Bamba and not reinvesting a penny of it in suitable replacements.

A bit ironic that Rod's "good bit of business" getting rid of Stokes bit us on the bum big style today.

Niffy
15-01-2011, 05:36 PM
I've not been to a game in about 2 years , as money , work and family have moved up in priority over watching ***** footy.

Fair weather fan or armchair fan , couldnae care what I'm called but I'll not risk wasting my last spare cash watching Hibs when I could get an excitement buzz or night out elsewhere.

Aye there are die hard fans , I used to be one but I bet anything the swingometer is fast zooming over to armchair from diehard.

Goal, Archibald
15-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Will be there on Tuesday night, more out of habit that anything else I suppose.

Can understand people voting with their feet as the current Hibs side is not what we want, but the club really need us at the moment.

Everyone has their own choice to make on this.

IFONLY
15-01-2011, 06:20 PM
I was brought up to support my team through thick and thin, not to throw in the towel. Things have been worse and we have still survived. I know that everyone is entitled to their opinion andI respect that,but to see empty spaces in the stands does nothing for anyones confidence. Its very sad when seaon ticket holders stop going. It is affecting our away support as well. I have always been very proud of the numbers we take to away games but this has gone down the tubes. There was a time not so long ago when we had 7/8 buses and plenty of cars going to away games. Look at it now, we toil to take over 500 to away games,Tuesday is going to be an embarassment in terms of the number of supporters I reckon we will have less than 250 at the game.

BT58
15-01-2011, 06:50 PM
That was another poor game. These are tough economic times for us all, taxes up, pay freezes, job losses and so on. Football is a release, an escape from everything - I like the Italian saying, "it's the most important, of life's least important things'.

But it's an odd relationship, you can change your wife/husband, but not your team after all. That means that many of us pay even when the product is rubbish, as it is now.

I don't think anyone is 'hammering the team' - I thought there was some atmosphere there today, there was no booing and only after we were 3 down did I start to hear frustration.

Thing is this becomes another uber fan debate. People are perfectly entitled to be unhappy, to be upset, to be angry. We've been in a downward spiral for a while both in terms of results but more importantly performances.

I buy two season tickets every year - will I next year - not if we're in the SFL, no.
:top marks:top marks
my sentiments exactlly,,,i dont want the board to go into mega debt to back CC but,,,but whos not in debt at the moment,to be relegated this term will be disastrous,

Hibee Daz
15-01-2011, 07:08 PM
I support Hibs in a way that suits me and my life, I dont pay the money and think right thats me helping Hibs I pay it for me to enjoy the match of course the bi-product is my money helps Hibs.

I expect a certain level of skill and commitment for my money, this is how I view it lots of others expext higher or lower, I live in the hope that Hibs are going to live to my expectations, I think Hibs are capable of delivering a product worth the money, but unfortunatly football clubs are a thing you cant change. Hibs as a club is a great club, Hibs as a team are not worthy of it.

:agree: Completely, I never go to the fitba always expecting a good result infact I hardly ever but, I do expect to see a reasonable level of skill/passion/effort as you have mentioned, like what was on display in the first half at times today!
I don't think it's to much to ask for when as you have also rightly mentioned people spend their hard earned cash to watch our beloved team.
I wonder if, when our so called footballers go house hunting for prime real estate or shopping for flash motors and designer gear, they think they've honestly earned it? I very much doubt they care as what we've endured this season is proof to the contrary!

I will renew my ST and my families ST's if we remain in the SPL, but if we don't it's a big family fortunes..............

X X X from me, which I am very sad too say.:boo hoo:

RickyS
15-01-2011, 07:08 PM
:top marks:top marks
my sentiments exactlly,,,i dont want the board to go into mega debt to back CC but,,,but whos not in debt at the moment,to be relegated this term will be disastrous,

look at the sheep they are supposed to be absolutely toiling financially but they realised that they MUST stay up and that it was worth overspending their budget to stay up cos the consequences are catastrophic, they have identified the areas that needed strengthened and acted swiftly and now they aint mentioned as "relegation contenders" and that is without the benefit of a 250k player sale. Yet we seem to suffer from constant stumbling blocks.

Davy Mac
15-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Well I was there when this happened, but going off with petty cash pales into insignificance compared to selling off Stokes & Bamba and not reinvesting a penny of it in suitable replacements.

A bit ironic that Rod's "good bit of business" getting rid of Stokes bit us on the bum big style today.

Without the knowing the private in's and out's of the situation why he was sold when RP did - it's difficult to tell, but one thing Hibs have shown with great consistency is selling our best players whether it's the right time or not.

This sale might have been one too many and frankly selling one you best fitballing assets might just have caused Hibs to lose more money in the long run.

We are in the doo-doo but will RP weep over his brandy tonight?

sunshine1875
15-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Do you know what, I love going to the home games!

We go in early to have a couple of pints and meet up with some old and some not so old fans. We have a blether about the past, the present and future. With Hibs, there will always be a future!

We leave the pub, full of eternal optimism, only to realise what a bunch of gutless wage thiefs we have not fit enough to wear the jersey. At the moment, we have losses to many to count. Does it diminish my love of all things Hibs.

Well no actually. If I wanted success, it would have been easy to follow the Celtic, the Rangers and even the Hertz. But, no - we are Hibernian, the team that will not die.

Steve-O
16-01-2011, 08:37 AM

Yeah, we should STAND UP AND BE COUNTED! Oh wait a minute, we've already done that...:rolleyes:

Captain Trips
18-01-2011, 10:32 PM
I can see then that the team has managed to drive away others, was intending some more away games but that is now out window.

nortonhibby
18-01-2011, 10:35 PM

we must give cc time do not give up:aok:

nortonhibby
18-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Yeah, we should STAND UP AND BE COUNTED! Oh wait a minute, we've already done that...:rolleyes:
QWe

We have a new stand to make our point :flag: they have an asbestos stand to make there stand the problem is theres is full ours is empty
:top marks

RickyS
18-01-2011, 10:41 PM

well said mate

The Harp
18-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Although hurting like Hell tonight, I'll be back for more. Hibs is a way of life for a lot of folk and I'm one of that number. Hibs isn't just a football club - it's an institution (I know ... that's where most of us belong!:wink:) I've got good pals that I've known for 40-50 years, and most of them I met through the Hibs. As the old saying goes ... Old habits die hard. I might not like what's happening at ER right now but it's nothing guys of my age haven't been through before.
The Petries, Farmers and Calderwoods are only custodians of the Club - it's the fans that are the real Hibernian!