PDA

View Full Version : The worst team since 1979

HIBERNIAN-0762
15-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Never thought I'd see the day when we could top 79 for the worst team ever but today just showed how bad it is at ER.

Unfit and uninterested, a manager who couldn't motivate a fish supper and a chairman who makes Scrooge look like saint.

Bad bad times ahead unless radical changes are made from top to bottom at ER and we deserve much much better than this.

Petrie must know how the SPL is going to turn out and we won't be relegated but believe me Hamilton will be fighting tooth and nail not to finish bottom, that will be our fate.

That is all.

The_Todd
15-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Just out of interest, how do you motivate a fish supper?

Dan Sarf
15-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Just out of interest, how do you motivate a fish supper?

Sauce!

Hermit Crab
15-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Never thought I'd see the day when we could top 79 for the worst team ever but today just showed how bad it is at ER.

Unfit and uninterested, a manager who couldn't motivate a fish supper and a chairman who makes Scrooge look like saint.

Bad bad times ahead unless radical changes are made from top to bottom at ER and we deserve much much better than this.

Petrie must know how the SPL is going to turn out and we won't be relegated but believe me Hamilton will be fighting tooth and nail not to finish bottom, that will be our fate.

That is all.

Memories of 98 coming back. Going down going down going down.......... :paranoid:

hibsbollah
15-01-2011, 01:07 PM
I remember thinking the Williamson team was bad. The Hampden defeat to Livi was the worst I can remember feeling as a fan. But I suppose we at least got to a final then.

Hermit Crab
15-01-2011, 01:12 PM
I remember thinking the Williamson team was bad. The Hampden defeat to Livi was the worst I can remember feeling as a fan. But I suppose we at least got to a final then.

I would take relegation and win the Scottish cup this season! Wont happen though after Ayr pap us out on Tues :duck:

HIBERNIAN-0762
15-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Sauce!

:agree:

:wink:

sesoim
15-01-2011, 01:18 PM
I didn't witness the '79 team, but we are playing as badly as the 1997/98 team was under Duffy and the 2001/02 team under Sauzee.

We survived in 2001/02 because, in spite of the run, we still had plenty of good players. We would have survived in 1998 if we had sacked Duffy earlier. I think we will still be ok because I honestly think maybe three good signings in the right areas could make a big difference. But is CC capable of making those signings, and will Petrie back CC? I think the fact that Hibs haven't signed anybody half way into the window could be a sign that Petrie is freezing CC out like what he did with Collins and Mixu.

If we don't sign anybody this week then I expect CC to go. CC isn't capable of getting results with this team, so changes have to be made whether at player or managerial level within the next few days. Even Petrie must know this.

hibs0666
15-01-2011, 01:19 PM
I wonder what Hughes had in mind when he brought that squad together. For the life of I just don't see it.

Betty Boop
15-01-2011, 01:23 PM
I wonder what Hughes had in mind when he brought that squad together. For the life of I just don't see it.

He thinks they are a good bunch of lads and they work hard, going by his comments on Radio Scotland.

sesoim
15-01-2011, 01:32 PM
He thinks they are a good bunch of lads and they work hard, going by his comments on Radio Scotland.

:agree: He was making nonsensical remarks again on the radio about wanting to improve the quality and reduce the quantity of the squad when he was in charge. Well why the hell did he lumber us with a big load of duds in his last few months in charge? And why did he sell Stokes without having a decent replacement lined up? He truly is one stupid guy.

RickyS
15-01-2011, 02:01 PM
:agree: He was making nonsensical remarks again on the radio about wanting to improve the quality and reduce the quantity of the squad when he was in charge. Well why the hell did he lumber us with a big load of duds in his last few months in charge? And why did he sell Stokes without having a decent replacement lined up? He truly is one stupid guy.

not heard too much of what he has said, has he defended the quality of the squad at all? just heard him say we are in relegation trouble and we need to watch cos the likes of Hamilton know whats needed to get out of it.

new malkyhib
15-01-2011, 02:06 PM

I didn't rate Hughes at all, but "he" didn't sell Stokes, the man upstairs did.

Wonder if Petrie saw the irony of Stokes scoring twice today? Doubt it...

nortonhibby
15-01-2011, 02:19 PM

The result at Ibrox 3-0 would indicate there is a team there somewhere i really thought we had turned the corner that night.

BSEJVT
15-01-2011, 02:59 PM
I have been saying for months that this is a far far worse team than duff jimmy got relegated.

Whilst it is a worse league as well as I am not sure its bad enough to stop this dross getting relegated.

Gala Foxes
15-01-2011, 04:57 PM
We could do with a few from 79 just now - McNamarra, Stewart and Callachan being a quick 3 that spring to mind