PDA

View Full Version : I've got to say..............

Pedantic_Hibee
15-01-2011, 12:51 PM
This is not a go at Calderwood at all I must say.

I've watched the game today and I suppose, out of apathy more than support, I've analysed Hibs' performance more than I have let passion/bias get in the way. Verdict is that we are awful. Truly, utterly, awful.

I've never seen a Hibs team so disjointed, bereft of ideas, short of fitness, skill, ability, spirit, nous and awareness.

Edwin De Graaf, f*** me, that is atrocious. I've not analysed his end product, telling passes, work rate or anything else, I've looked at him as a basic footballer and concur that he is horrific. The basic techniques of controlling a ball, of making yourself available, positioning yourself well and shadowing your opponent are all missing.

He's not the only one eithe, the rest are culpable. I don't subscribe to the Zouma love-in, I think in terms of value for money we've been short-changed with him, but to me it is clear to see he's a step ahead of everyone else in terms of thought, ability, touch and awareness.

I'm sick of hearing this shote that certain players are playing poorly because of those around them. It's a cover-up, nonsense. But in Zouma's case, it is true. The ball comes to him and he's got a touch, a deft awareness, a nous for an opening or an opportunity. It's all too fleeting in it's visibility due to his injuries but he's the only one that's got it and I include Riordan in that (and I'm one of Riordan's biggest fans).

It's easy to moan, whinge and criticise but the toughie is, what's the answer? Is Calderwood the answer? I don't know. He does need time, and a chance, to remedy the malaise spreading through the club but it's going to have to take a seismic shift in culture, mentality and personnel to right our all too prevalent wrongs.