RMQ1967
15-01-2011, 01:33 PM
your mum wants her tea towel back.

Moron

Agreed - juvenile fat idiot!

sven nil
15-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Agreed - juvenile fat idiot!

Thats a clever answer and your calling him juvenile!!!!

I have every respect for the man there he was paid his cash supported his team all his days and he has seen enough of cc to have opinion,whats wrong with that

And for what its worth I think he should go also! give Derrick Adams control .

Frazerbob
15-01-2011, 02:18 PM
The guy with the banner goes week in, week out and is entitled to his opinion. I also happen to agree with him.

ozzie
15-01-2011, 02:20 PM
i though he was just blowing his nose until the commentator said otherwise ;-)

HUTCHYHIBBY

I have every respect for the man there he was paid his cash supported his team all his days and he has seen enough of cc to have opinion,whats wrong with that

Surely he can see its not the manager, its the vagabonds he has to choose from to play have a modicum of blame to accept.

HIBERNIAN-0762
Pity the cameras didn't zoom in on the Petrie banner, couldn't quite make out what it said, something on the lines of "quit"...fat chance :rolleyes: and we should be so lucky

scott_hfc1875
personally think people need to get a grip, as usual the site is full of overreactions , it doesnt matter who is in charge of that team the players are useless and need to be cleared out

Hibby70
The guy with the banner goes week in, week out and is entitled to his opinion. I also happen to agree with him.
Regardless of whether he goes week in week out its still a moronic thing to do.

sesoim
15-01-2011, 02:21 PM
I think it is unfair on CC - it's not his fault Petrie was stupid enough to appoint him. If we are going to hold up a banner it should be again Petrie for all his useless appointments.

Hermit Crab
15-01-2011, 02:24 PM

Moron

Should have said Petrie must go on it. !:grr:

sesoim
15-01-2011, 02:26 PM

I'd rather have Adams in control - he seems like a young manager with a bit of drive and ability. The main problem would be inexperience, but he must have picked up a few ideas on how NOT to manage a team under CC. If he could get us playing with the cup tie spirit that Ross County had last season then we would climb the table (and maybe stay in the Cup beyond Ayr).

gf77
15-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Pity the cameras didn't zoom in on the Petrie banner, couldn't quite make out what it said, something on the lines of "quit"...fat chance :rolleyes: and we should be so lucky

The one at the bottom of the east said 'Petrie, splash cash or quit'.

TamHibs
15-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Deary ****ing me! Some of the halfwits that must go to our games these days clearly don't have a clue! Let's get rid of our manager after less than 3 months? **** off!

Dashing Bob S
15-01-2011, 02:34 PM
The school of thought that Calderwood has inherited dross and needs two transfer windows is a persuasive one, apart from the fact that we're heading for relegation under his stewardship.

He's taken an already ailing, failing squad, and achieved the impossible of making them worse. When another side scores against us, it seems to be pretty much game over.

Calderwood has given us nothing so far.

Getting rid of him will be another costly mistake. Keeping him will probably be an even more costly disaster.

If people are protesting against him, they are doing it for a reason. He's just not very good, on the evidence we've seen here.

Amit
15-01-2011, 02:34 PM
The players/squad may not be CC's as he still has to make his own signings but to be honest I am not inspired by him what so ever as he clearly doesn't know who his best 11 are or what the best system is for this current crop of Hibs players.

Grandpa Brown went to the Sheep in the same situation as CC join Hibs but he has managed to sort them out in no time... So there is no excuses about time etc...

Apart from Brown's kicking, both Hanlon and Mark Brown were the only positives from the starting 11.

The defence is appalling...half of them play for offside (Hanlon/Stevenson) whilst the other half don't (Thicot, Dickoh).

Hanlon was outstanding today.. and I can see him as a future Hibs captain.

I also agree CC is not the man for the Hibs job and believe Derek Adams has been brought in as the long term replacement... I don't see CC staying for too long...

RMQ1967
15-01-2011, 02:35 PM

Yes maybe a bit strong but really - does he or you really think that anyone else could organise that lot. If they really can't grasp the absolute fundamentals of football; how to stop a ball, how to pass 10 yards, how to look around at what's going on around them, how to stay with an opponent etc. etc. etc. what chance does any manager have?

The garbage on the pitch - & that's almost everyone one of them is not going to change by changing the manager.

Tricla
15-01-2011, 02:36 PM
personally think people need to get a grip, as usual the site is full of overreactions , it doesnt matter who is in charge of that team the players are useless and need to be cleared out

:top marks

IMO the guy with the tea towel banner made a sh*t gesture with an even sh*tter banner.

Anyone who can't see that our problems stem from woefully poor playing staff has their head in the sand.

We've lost faith in the new manager before he's had a chance to put his own stamp on the team.

What are we all about.

I'm still proud to be a hibby but ashamed to have to share my affinity with some of the plebs in the home end at ER these days.

Captain Trips
15-01-2011, 02:38 PM
The school of thought that Calderwood has inherited dross and needs two transfer windows is a persuasive one, apart from the fact that we're heading for relegation under his stewardship.

He's taken an already ailing, failing squad, and achieved the impossible of making them worse. When another side scores against us, it seems to be pretty much game over.

Getting rid of him will be another costly mistake. Keeping him will probably be an even more costly disaster.

If people are protesting against him, they are doing it for a reason. He's just not very good, on the evidence we've seen here.

Correct, no doubt there are a majority of players whom are simply not fit to wear shirt, that will not help but he I fear has played his part in the zero change with anything since his arrival.

truehibernian
15-01-2011, 02:40 PM
I would be sacrifycing one of the directors salaries and getting in a Director of Football (one of the few good ideas Hughes had which was knocked back).

Our signings have been terrible, the squad and the contracts situation is embarrassing also. We are now playing players such as McBride and Nish who have pretty much been told they are surplus to requirements.......hardly any wonder that their desire is not there.

Someone mentioned wee Pat Nevin in that role. A perfect appointment for me. Articulate, passionate, intelligent and a great go between for manager, players and fans.

PeeJay
15-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Deary ****ing me! Some of the halfwits that must go to our games these days clearly don't have a clue! Let's get rid of our manager after less than 3 months? **** off!

Halfwits? - Played 13 - lost 8 drawn 3 won 2 - perhaps only a "halfwit" would think we are heading in the right direction, if you ask me. I personally wonder at people who claim to have absolute faith in Calderwood...based on what exactly?

snooky
15-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Yes maybe a bit strong but really - does he or you really think that anyone else could organise that lot. If they really can't grasp the absolute fundamentals of football; how to stop a ball, how to pass 10 yards, how to look around at what's going on around them, how to stay with an opponent etc. etc. etc. what chance does any manager have?

The garbage on the pitch - & that's almost everyone one of them is not going to change by changing the manager.

:agree: Some of our play today was from the primary school playground with several players chasing the same ball.
Is there actually a level below that? :dunno:

Captain Trips
15-01-2011, 02:43 PM

IMO the guy with the tea towel banner made a sh*t gesture with an even sh*tter banner.

Anyone who can't see that our problems stem from woefully poor playing staff has their head in the sand.

We've lost faith in the new manager before he's had a chance to put his own stamp on the team.

What are we all about.

I'm still proud to be a hibby but ashamed to have to share my affinity with some of the plebs in the home end at ER these days.

I would be more ashamed of the players we share affinty with, I think everyone knows that the players are at fault however I dont see anything from CC that is all, I dont expect 10 wins in a row I did expext a difference not to get worse.

A banner with CC on it is unfair as any banner I would make would take up most stand with all the players names that should be going, I would have CC on it also along with Petrie.

eastmainsmsh
15-01-2011, 02:45 PM
i thought we had something good under Collins after Mowbray..... That fizzled out pretty quick... Mixu, Yogi familliar pattern is showing ...Now CC :agree:

What direction are we going in I want CC to succed likewise with yogi but i dont see any improvement under CC that was Different to yogi

Hibby70
15-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Halfwits? - Played 13 - lost 8 drawn 3 won 2 - perhaps only a "halfwit" would think we are heading in the right direction, if you ask me. I personally wonder at people who claim to have absolute faith in Calderwood...based on what exactly?

Dont think anyone has absolute faith in Calderwood - but this team was in freefall long before CC came in and we have to give him the transfer window at the very least to see if he can turn things around.

Do I honestly think he will - probably not, but to sack him now without giving him a chance at trying to change the personnel would be scandalous. Taking a stupid wee banner along asking for his head is imo the work of halfwits.

Greenblood70
15-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Yet another brilliant Petrie appointment.

We can say its not his team til we're blue in the face..we have got a lot worse since he took over and don't look like scoring or keeping a clean sheet in the SPL. The selection of De Graaf today is a hanging offence as far as I'm concerned..he has been consistantly dire, games just pass him by. He compounds that by playing Zommer and Deek up front, ergo the ball does not stick and we continually give away possesion. Then no changes whatsoever at half time handed the iniative to Celtic. Pretty poor stuff afaic. He does not look like he has any ideas how to arrest the slide.

I at least hoped we'd maybe get fitter and more organised under Calderwood but we still look a shambles. 35 mins into the game today and a good few of our players were breathing out their *****.

I didn't expect much when he came in but he's failing to even live up to those low expectations.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Would not say i feel sorry for CC as the bad times are part of football management. Far too early to think about wanting him punted but what for me is worrying is that is that IMO the performances are worse since he came in. Today was just awful. No question that we need quality, but under his tenure, we have seen a poor team become a dismal team and I can't believe that he doesn't think himself that he should be doing better.

PeeJay
15-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Dont think anyone has absolute faith in Calderwood - but this team was in freefall long before CC came in and we have to give him the transfer window at the very least to see if he can turn things around.

Do I honestly think he will - probably not, but to sack him now without giving him a chance at trying to change the personnel would be scandalous. Taking a stupid wee banner along asking for his head is imo the work of halfwits.

So if we get relegated, the guy can come back with his banner and say "Told you so!" - should we really wait that long?

IMO if we lose to Ayr on Tuesday Calderwood's deserves to go.

hibee81
15-01-2011, 02:57 PM
I think it is unfair on CC - it's not his fault Petrie was stupid enough to appoint him. If we are going to hold up a banner it should be again Petrie for all his useless appointments.

did he not apply for the job?, or at least showed an interest so yes it is his fault he picks the team, and has the final say on who steps onto the park so all in all if the players he has available are not good enough try and blood some of the young lads with the heart and desire to try and prove a point, I for one am tired of all this its nots cc fault, is this not the same team that went to ibrox and ripped them apart. i beleive it is. In my opinion i believe cc has tried but altimately failed as he has not installed the confidence or belief in the players whether there crap or not, i think the time is right for a change dont ask me who but something needs to be done before its to late.

Craig_in_Prague
Would not say i feel sorry for CC as the bad times are part of football management. Far too early to think about wanting him punted but what for me is worrying is that is that IMO the performances are worse since he came in. Today was just awful. No question that we need quality, but under his tenure, we have seen a poor team become a dismal team and I can't believe that he doesn't think himself that he should be doing better.

Perhaps he's lost all hope with them, a bit like the fans.
I know as a manger it's his job to get more out of them, but by god they are shower of pish.
Just looking at CC during games makes me think he wishes he'd never have came to ER. Can't blame him.

Look at the defending, Dickoh for 1st goal wandering to RB position, if he'd stayed central and let Thicot try close stokes down, he'd probably have been able to help out hanlon in the middle.
Stevenson for both pen and 3rd goal (though 1 man on post is a joke).

Point is the team are so so bad that there's little he can do to cut out their mistakes. You can't coach basic **** defending.
Why he picks de graff though i'll never know. How that guys has had a career in football is frightening.

We need a full clear out, we're early in that process but I hope we'll see neccessary changes over the next year. We somehow need to avoid relegation though, god knows how !

hibee92
what a load of bollox! :rolleyes:

mouvran
15-01-2011, 03:00 PM
anyone who thinks calderwood should be sacked has absolutely no clue. How can you judge a manager with someone elses team, he's not even had the chance to form his own team yet and when he does that, that's when we can judge him

Cropley10
15-01-2011, 03:02 PM
did he not apply for the job?.

CC did not apply for the job this time, 105 other people did apparently, but Rod spent £100k getting him up the road.

Petrie wanted Adams as No. 2 - Calderwood didn't even know him.

Calderwood won't be here in August, Adams will be in charge. Time will tell.

Steve-O
15-01-2011, 03:07 PM
I'm actually beginning to think Calderwood should GTF. What has he done? Absolutely **** all is the answer and the 'style' of play at the minute does not fill me with ANY confidence that things are going to change.

PeeJay
15-01-2011, 03:16 PM
anyone who thinks calderwood should be sacked has absolutely no clue. How can you judge a manager with someone elses team, he's not even had the chance to form his own team yet and when he does that, that's when we can judge him

If the manager had a clue, he would be able to make a difference - the difference that CC has made is that we are probably in a worse position now than we were with Yogi. Do people who "have a clue" think played 13 - lost 8 drawn 3 won 2 is acceptable in some way? Why does he seem incapable of stopping the slide. Why did Hamilton - with "lesser" players - put up a better fight against the league leaders?

If it really is all down to the players: why bother with a manager at all?

hibsbollah
15-01-2011, 03:23 PM

Moron

Freedom of speech. Thats fair enough.

Emerald
15-01-2011, 03:24 PM
So, he puts out a team without a proper front man (two on the bench), and we go 2-0 down after creating no chances. What does he do - yes NOTHING and waits until we are 3 down, what a football genius he is. Get shot of him before its too late.

Amit
15-01-2011, 03:25 PM
If the manager had a clue, he would be able to make a difference - the difference that CC has made is that we are probably in a worse position now than we were with Yogi. Do people who "have a clue" think played 13 - lost 8 drawn 3 won 2 is acceptable in some way? Why does he seem incapable of stopping the slide. Why did Hamilton - with "lesser" players - put up a better fight against the league leaders?

:thumbsup::agree:

GreenPJ
15-01-2011, 03:27 PM

Maybe Hamilton don't have 16 players out of contract. With that many I think the 'night of the long knives' approach we have taken to changing culture and direction is back firing. Riordan looks disinterested, Murray is struggling, McBride is trying to make a tackle 10 yards away from the guy, Nish, Hogg Rankin are poor and are not helped by there very presence on the park resulting in boo's.

Whether Calderwood is the right man or not can only properly be judged by two transfer windows.

If there is still such a thing as the Hibernian family now is the time to rally round and 'support' the club more than ever.

pacorosssco
15-01-2011, 03:28 PM

:top marks Post of the day . Weve sadly descended into a damned if we do damned if we dont. Its a sorry state that people are calling for his head but there is no improvement. It isn't his team and that isn't Calderwoods fault but hes not getting any more from them and can we afford the gamble of hanging on. Time will tell.

People are entitled to their opinions especially those in attendance and the facts speak for themselves . Calderwood has yet to make an improvement or at least find a settled team . His players or not

Harsh times

Harsh times

ackeygraham
15-01-2011, 03:28 PM
i agree with the guy, whether on his pillow case, tea towel....shame it wasnt big enough that petrie could see it.

CC is a manager - manage. dont blame the people around u...although we can see he has bad players...get on with it....he doesnt have it simple....

HighlandHibby
15-01-2011, 03:29 PM
lol yes the tea towel guy goes everyweek but he really should have left that 1 in the house it was a disgrace to banners i woulda been buckled if i was in tim end lol we wont go down this year hamilton are just too bad :)

new malkyhib
15-01-2011, 03:32 PM
CC did not apply for the job this time, 105 other people did apparently, but Rod spent £100k getting him up the road.

Petrie wanted Adams as No. 2 - Calderwood didn't even know him.

Calderwood won't be here in August, Adams will be in charge. Time will tell.

I'm not sure that's the case, Cropley - i'm sure we went back in once Newcastle dropped their compensation demands.

lord bunberry
15-01-2011, 03:51 PM
I would like the people who say calderwood needs two windows to prove he is a good manager if they would trust calderwood to keep us up with the players we have at the club right now because that's pretty much what he is going to do as we won't sign many players two or three at the most and of those who sign there is no guarantee that they will stay fit or be any good so he is going to have to do something that he has so far failed to do and get something from the players already there .

hibiedude
15-01-2011, 04:01 PM

I have to agree and and I would also add that it wasn't CC that sold our best assets and left us in the mess we now fins ourselves in.

But having said that CC actions today when the game was clearly running away from us reminded me of Mixu actions. clueless

GreenPJ
15-01-2011, 04:23 PM
I have to agree and and I would also add that it wasn't CC that sold our best assets and left us in the mess we now fins ourselves in.

But having said that CC actions today when the game was clearly running away from us reminded me of Mixu actions. clueless

Has Mixu not proved this season that he is not clueless? The consistent is the pathetic excuse both managers had to put up with for a squad. Mixu admittedly did not help himself with some poor transfer acquisitions, at least that can't be levied at Calderwood (at least not yet).

lucky
15-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Petrie won't get rid of him but what has he actually done since he came to the club. He does not inspire me . He does appear in interviews as rather dull. The way he sets the team up seems like he is clueless. He took Murray and zouma of last week yet they were both starting today. Has he actually played the same team twice. I would not bat an eyelid if he left

vahibbie
15-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Surely he can see its not the manager, its the vagabonds he has to choose from to play have a modicum of blame to accept.
granted the players, ALL OF THEM have a great deal of blame to shoulder but I don't buy that CC gets of the hook cos he's only been there 3 months. He's done nothing, nothing to improve our situation. Normally when a new manager comes in a team gets better even tho it might be only short term. We've seen nothing from CC to suggest he's got what it takes and maybe the train of though that suggests we cut our losses might just be correct.

hibiedude
15-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Has Mixu not proved this season that he is not clueless? The consistent is the pathetic excuse both managers had to put up with for a squad. Mixu admittedly did not help himself with some poor transfer acquisitions, at least that can't be levied at Calderwood (at least not yet).

Mixu transfers were not his only failings as you seemed to suggest- his tactics and his ability to change things when games were running away from us and his lack of using substitute’s period were part of his downfall.

When the transfer window closes and Mixu finds that his best players have all been sold starting with Connor Salmon then we’ll see what Mixu’s fortune change.

Killie were a decent team before Mixu took over.

It’s easy to look good when you inherit a team that can play football

hibs0666
15-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Mixu transfers were not his only failings as you seemed to suggest- his tactics and his ability to change things when games were running away from us and his lack of using substitute’s period were part of his downfall.

When the transfer window closes and Mixu finds that his best players have all been sold starting with Connor Salmon then we’ll see what Mixu’s fortune change.

Killie were a decent team before Mixu took over.

It’s easy to look good when you inherit a team that can play football

Letting Mixu go so early will stand as our biggest managerial error of recent years.

JimBHibees
15-01-2011, 04:53 PM

Yep incredible, either a complete halfwit or a yam.

Brads Laing
15-01-2011, 05:15 PM

Yes he may have paid his cash to watch us play, and so may the others who decide to boo the team after the game, but i also pay my money and don't pay that money to sit there listening to morons who make stupid comments like "Calderwood Must Go" when he has been given no time to get his own players in.

eastmainsmsh
15-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Id rather have Kaye Adams as manager than Derek Adams :devil:

Matty_Jack04
15-01-2011, 05:35 PM
if calderwood is hounded out the club before he's set about building a team i wont be back ever again.

The guy with the tea towel, yeh he pays his cash goes every week he can do as he wishes but theres a whole first team squad that should go before the manager they are terrible the lot of them

Hank Schrader
15-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Anybody, at this stage, publicly advocating the sacking of Calderwood and anyone agreeing with this don't have a ******ing clue. As far as I am concerned the blame lies elsewhere for this mess, starting with the miserly chartered accountants running our football club. They better get ready to back the manager they appointed with cash to make his own signings otherwise 2011/12 will be another one of those "great adventures" but one that might not see us involved in a quickfire return to Scotlands top league.

Bostonhibby
15-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Anybody, at this stage, publicly advocating the sacking of Calderwood and anyone agreeing with this don't have a ******ing clue. As far as I am concerned the blame lies elsewhere for this mess, starting with the miserly chartered accountants running our football club. They better get ready to back the manager they appointed with cash to make his own signings otherwise 2011/12 will be another one of those "great adventures" but one that might not see us involved in a quickfire return to Scotlands top league.

:agree: Sad thing is the numpty was probably up all night making the "banner"

ronaldo7
15-01-2011, 06:00 PM
The crucial thing for me though...Was the spelling correct?

Oh and Calderwood should be given time:greengrin

The tea party can GTF:flag:

JCHibby
15-01-2011, 07:18 PM

100% correct, he has no clue what he is doing. The work rate of the team and defending today was that of an under 10's side, it was brutal. The amount of time the Celtic midfield had on the ball was unreal, we are 100% going down, and from the 1st division games I have seen, we wont be coming up quickly!

CRAZYHIBBY
15-01-2011, 07:40 PM
i think we should wait and see who we bring in and give him time to turn things around. If we havent started making progress after the window closes then he has to go.

Franck Stanton
15-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Regardless of whether he goes week in week out its still a moronic thing to do.

Correct, whilst he is entitled to his opinion that doesn't make him right, I however am not too convinced about CC at this point in time but am of the opinion he needs more time to let us see what he can/cant do.

hiberactive
15-01-2011, 08:29 PM
The worrying thing for me is that CC must have watched Hamilton v Celtic during the week and seen that in central defence Celtic are not that great,especially the big swede.So what does he do,he plays Deek up front on his own against two giants.They two will never have an easier 90 mins than they did today,our team was crying out for a couple of forwards up top and deek out wide.After 14 games,he still does not know his best team,there is no cohesion,no unity,no fight,lack of organisation,lack of leadership and a lack of shape.Under CC we have gained 8 points out of a possible 39 and our next 4 games are Motherwell,Hamilton away,the huns at home,then Dundee utd away.Unless there is a few signings,then i cant see us winning any of these games and then the manager will have to consider his position.

crash
15-01-2011, 08:45 PM
The worrying thing for me is that CC must have watched Hamilton v Celtic during the week and seen that in central defence Celtic are not that great,especially the big swede.So what does he do,he plays Deek up front on his own against two giants.They two will never have an easier 90 mins than they did today,our team was crying out for a couple of forwards up top and deek out wide.After 14 games,he still does not know his best team,there is no cohesion,no unity,no fight,lack of organisation,lack of leadership and a lack of shape.Under CC we have gained 8 points out of a possible 39 and our next 4 games are Motherwell,Hamilton away,the huns at home,then Dundee utd away.Unless there is a few signings,then i cant see us winning any of these games and then the manager will have to consider his position.
Agree, the Celtic Centre Half must have a sore head after that game, every ball hoofed right up to him. Anybody who is defending Calderwood, could you explain this tactic please?

hibs0666
15-01-2011, 09:24 PM
Agree, the Celtic Centre Half must have a sore head after that game, every ball hoofed right up to him. Anybody who is defending Calderwood, could you explain this tactic please?

It's not a tactic, it's what ****** players with zero confidence do.

SkintHibby
15-01-2011, 09:36 PM

What are we all about.

Speedway
15-01-2011, 09:38 PM

Why would we be lucky?

The ones that now 'should have been given longer' ?

:agree:

He does and has said so himself.

So if we get relegated, the guy can come back with his banner and say "Told you so!" - should we really wait that long?

IMO if we lose to Ayr on Tuesday Calderwood's deserves to go.

We were happy enough to allow McLeish time to clear out Duffy's side.

did he not apply for the job?, or at least showed an interest so yes it is his fault he picks the team, and has the final say on who steps onto the park so all in all if the players he has available are not good enough try and blood some of the young lads with the heart and desire to try and prove a point, I for one am tired of all this its nots cc fault, is this not the same team that went to ibrox and ripped them apart. i beleive it is. In my opinion i believe cc has tried but altimately failed as he has not installed the confidence or belief in the players whether there crap or not, i think the time is right for a change dont ask me who but something needs to be done before its to late.

No, he didn't apply this time.

1two
15-01-2011, 09:50 PM
Why would we be lucky?

The fact were comparing this to Duffy/mcleish shows how desperate things are

2 points in 21............

Enough said

Petrie
Out

Calderwood
Out

mouvran
15-01-2011, 11:23 PM

It is a terrible record but it would have been the same with yogi. You can't sack a manager without being given substantial time to build his own squad and Hibs need to do this with a manager. We've had too many managers in a short space of time and i cannot see many managers doing well with this squad. I was saying that people don't have a clue if they think sacking calderwood will solve anything, because it definitely will not.

hibees4life89
15-01-2011, 11:59 PM
I dont post much on these boards, usually just read up on everybodys vies but on this topic and going by someone of the comments im seeing I feel I should share my analogy.

As far as the calderwood must go talk................I dont agree with it and really think this guy and the management team need time, and I know time is not on our side with the threat of relegation a real possibility but thats just the situation we are in. If we changed manager now, got a new one in during the trasfer window the transition peridod is so crucial that i can honestly say the team will still be pish poor.
Im not sayinf calderwood is a great manager but I honestly believe that if we got a new guy in by the time he finds his feet we will still go through a ***** patch and if not could be curtains for us (worst case scenario)

I have to say that my concerns with the board is really worrying. Its so evident that they are more concerend about running a sucessful buisness than a football team. I mean hats off to balancing the books and building a training facility but i feel at the present we have paid the price for it and think we may well continue to do so for some time, maby not. I read a link on here somewhere here about the finances of the clubs and that a club the size of hibs were paying way too much to the BOD, well if thats true then i think its a shambles. How they can pay themselves a fantastic wage when we have had clearly no success on the pitch, untill i see sucess on the playing side in terms of cup competions and europe then they should get nowhere near what they are getting.

ive got alot more views on this but ill sign off for now.

whiskyhibby
16-01-2011, 12:06 AM

Moron

ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON.................... MORON.............Calderwood needs time to turn this lot around

Steve-O
16-01-2011, 12:07 AM
Why would we be lucky?

On the McLeish point though, when he came in we genuinely started playing better and in the end were a little unlucky to go down. However, I remember feeling quite optimistic about getting straight back up - can you say you'd feel the same about this lot?

Removed
16-01-2011, 12:11 AM
ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON.................... MORON.............Calderwood needs time to turn this lot around

Just because you and Matty Jack 04 disagree doesn't necessarily make him a moron you know.

And how long would you give Calderwood?

Metaphorically looks like we are turning the Ark Royal rather than a frigate. Maybe by the time it gets turned the tide will have gone out and we're in trouble. Then what?

500miles
16-01-2011, 01:25 AM
The board have to shoulder thier share of the blame.

They should never have listened to a section of the fans who wanted shot of Mixu. Ah well.

Leishy1995
16-01-2011, 03:22 AM
Whether or not blaming in this way is correct, Calderwood is a dire manager. I miss the upward spiral, I miss the convayor belt of talent, which by the way The tache refuses to give us money to pay the repairman, most of all, I miss the attacking football we had under managers gone before CC. He has no real style, no passion for our club, former footballers for us, at least they know us as a club. When he sat on the dugouts bench and said nothing it made me think he had given up. My Sunday coach could inspire that team. Football is a cruel sport, managers are sacked if they don't improve the side, look at Chelsea's managers pre Carlo.
I happen to know that the "moron" with the banner's son left to go home, he stayed to the end because he wants to see his club play. Watching on ESPN because I can't make the games anymore, I saw the empty seats as the commentators described the stadium, and heard, I think it was Craig Burley, them say, they have improved the fans but really they'd rather have the team to do so, something along those lines.

I want CC out, if he does turn it around, don't see how and who he could deploy to do so, I will eat my words.
Good night.

snooky
16-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Just because you and Matty Jack 04 disagree doesn't necessarily make him a moron you know.

Metaphorically looks like we are turning the Ark Royal rather than a frigate. Maybe by the time it gets turned the tide will have gone out and we're in trouble. Then what?

.... and what happened to the Ark Royal in WWII?
Scarey choice of metaphor, 65bd :worried:

murraymckirdy
16-01-2011, 01:39 PM

:top marks:top marks:top marks:aok:

Matty_Jack04
16-01-2011, 01:52 PM
my thinking on this is fairly simple jose mourinho or sir alex couldnt do any better with that squad of players, CC needs time to get rid and bring in some players before any FAIR Judgement can be made, as for sacking him and replacing him with adams sowe can see the fight ross county had.....whats stopping him doing that now? He's assistant manager and im damn sure CC doesnt want a team of fairys giving in after the first goals scored so he wont b stopping him! Give the man the oppertunity to turn it around we've not gone bad because of him coming in things have been rotting since we got beat by huns last year (stokes 52secs game)
Rod will also loosen the purse strings over the summer cause he'l no want this to continue either, dig in keep the chin up we'l be back

ronaldo7
16-01-2011, 02:21 PM

The tide will be in soon enough:greengrin Time and tide wait for no man.

Removed
16-01-2011, 02:29 PM
.... and what happened to the Ark Royal in WWII?
Scarey choice of metaphor, 65bd :worried:

It was the first big boat that sprang to mind and I knew it took ages to stop it :greengrin

Just Googled WWII and yes it was an unfortunate metaphor but using the same one you can probably sink a ship far faster than it can be turned. Those that want us to spend our way out of this mess need to remember that.

Ed De Gramo
16-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Whilst the person in question is entitled to his opinion....its the opinion of an erse :agree:

Sacking a manager before he's even had a chance to get his own players in is ****in ridiculous!

If the banner had read 'YOU PLAYERS ARE MERCENARIES!' then it would be right :agree:

Hibiza
16-01-2011, 04:11 PM
caldo says he works under his own pressure ? probably takes 30mins to get out his kip.

Phil D. Rolls
16-01-2011, 06:50 PM
People who go are entitled to their opinions, even if does mean that other people's opinion is that they look and sound like silly wee boys. After all everyone is entitled to their opinion.

IMO, it's refreshing to see so many people with low post counts making such an important contribution on this and other threads. It takes a lot of courage to put your head above the parapet like that, and their opinions are all interesting, IMO.

JimBHibees
16-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Does it make him wrong?

At this stage of his Hibs career, undoubtedly.

lucky
16-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Don't know the guy with the banner/tea towel. Have not even seen it but what strikes me most is that it was all the TV fans that are having a dig at this guy. At least he put some effort in make his feeling known and went to the game. If the players and MANAGER showed the same passion there would not be any need for the tea towel

fishybeaver
16-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Don't know the guy with the banner/tea towel. Have not even seen it but what strikes me most is that it was all the TV fans that are having a dig at this guy. At least he put some effort in make his feeling known and went to the game. If the players and MANAGER showed the same passion there would not be any need for the tea towel

If you knew him or had the dis-pleasure of sitting any place near him, the last thing you would be doing patting him on the back. Total tool of a man

JimBHibees
17-01-2011, 09:36 AM
You'll be right then:rolleyes:

:agree: :greengrin

Future17
17-01-2011, 11:34 AM
It was the first big boat that sprang to mind and I knew it took ages to stop it :greengrin

Just Googled WWII and yes it was an unfortunate metaphor but using the same one you can probably sink a ship far faster than it can be turned. Those that want us to spend our way out of this mess need to remember that.

Ah, but if the ship is letting on water, trying to turn it will sink it faster. :greengrin

al bundy
17-01-2011, 11:57 AM
The players we have are just not good enough, not much colin can do with this lot.

I have faith in the manager that once he gets a few of his own signings in we will be alright and as far as folk saying he should go now they should have a word with themselves

:flag:

Green_one
17-01-2011, 12:54 PM
I can understand the frustrations but we really cannot start talking about binning CC at this time. The man has a chance to swing the whole squad around at the end of the season and we should be able to tell then. I agree he needs to achieve something before then, not only to avoid relegation but to show us that he is up to the challenge.

Short term he needs to

1. Beat Ayr
2. Get a couple of decent signings in
3. Sort out the defence (OK maybe more than short term effort)
4. Get a result at Hamilton

jax67
17-01-2011, 09:38 PM
thats a clever answer and your calling him juvenile!!!!

and for what its worth i think he should go also! Give derrick adams control .

fat juvenile idiot, is that you?

SmokieJoe
18-01-2011, 12:30 AM

Moron

What are we all about.

Give the man time, how many times????

sven nil
19-01-2011, 02:40 AM
fat juvenile idiot, is that you?

clever, is that you?

Judas Iscariot
19-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Can we have a bigger banner for Wednesday?

TrickyNicky
19-01-2011, 09:26 AM
Mibbe the guy is a good pal of Calderwood's and really cares about him!:dunno: