PDA

View Full Version : Colin Calderwood

Riordans Boots
15-01-2011, 12:29 PM
He should have taken de Graaf off before the 2nd half and subbed a couple of fresh legs as well.

That said, I will back CC as he has not had enough time at Hibs. He has indeed got his work cut out for him - sorting this pish poor team that we call Hibernian.

Colin, what have you let yersel in for man ....

Aldo
15-01-2011, 12:47 PM
CC was screwed the minute he took over IMHO. Some folk on here expected a vast improvement from the players however in the last few weeks/months he knows who he can trust and what each player can do....its not all about the good times its about what they can do when the going gets tough...for me thats nowt.

On the last few showings there has only been 1 really consistent player and thats been Mark brown.

If rumour has it and the players we have been linked with Rooney, Le Fondre I would let the rest go (and that includes Deek) cos I only want players who will work for the team and each other and the spineless bunch of gutless wonders on showing in recent weeks should hang their heads in shame and at the end of the season I am sure CC and DA will get rid of just about all of them and bring in players that will play for the jersey.

We are once again back in the Duff Jimmy era...Hughes has bought 1st Div players and what happens when you do this we end up playing like a 1st Div team.

We are in deep ***** and I hope CC and DA (I am sure the are working hard) will bring in a couple of guys who will do just that.

Riordans Boots
15-01-2011, 01:00 PM
CC was screwed the minute he took over IMHO. Some folk on here expected a vast improvement from the players however in the last few weeks/months he knows who he can trust and what each player can do....its not all about the good times its about what they can do when the going gets tough...for me thats nowt.

On the last few showings there has only been 1 really consistent player and thats been Mark brown.

If rumour has it and the players we have been linked with Rooney, Le Fondre I would let the rest go (and that includes Deek) cos I only want players who will work for the team and each other and the spineless bunch of gutless wonders on showing in recent weeks should hang their heads in shame and at the end of the season I am sure CC and DA will get rid of just about all of them and bring in players that will play for the jersey.

We are once again back in the Duff Jimmy era...Hughes has bought 1st Div players and what happens when you do this we end up playing like a 1st Div team.

We are in deep ***** and I hope CC and DA (I am sure the are working hard) will bring in a couple of guys who will do just that.

:agree:

And if Deeks gets an offer from another club - wherever it may be .... he should get to **** away from this shower of wage theives. And a canny believe a just said that :boo hoo:

Andy74
15-01-2011, 01:47 PM

And if Deeks gets an offer from another club - wherever it may be .... he should get to **** away from this shower of wage theives. And a canny believe a just said that :boo hoo:
What's riordan doing to help our situation?

Beefster
15-01-2011, 01:49 PM

Not much?

Hiber-nation
15-01-2011, 01:49 PM

Other than waving his hands about and constantly getting caught offside, the square root of fek all.

However to play him up front on his own and to start De Graaf is beyond belief as far as I'm concerned.

HibbyAndy
15-01-2011, 01:52 PM
We cant even do the basics. We cant pass the ball 2 feet, And that bald fellae that should have scored with a free header in the 1st half, All alone in the box with NOT ONE PLAYER near him.

We are a shambles

truehibernian
15-01-2011, 01:58 PM

Caught bewteen a rock and a hard place today. He is never a lone striker and he didn't get much possession to work with.

That said, the times he did get the ball, his touch again deserted him and he looked slow and weak physically. His body seems to be that of a 34 year old at present. Can't beat a man, can't seem to outpace anyone and his moaning is doing even my reasonable head in. He can go IMHO if an offer comes in (as long as it's properly invested). Wotherspoon had his worst game in a Hibs jersey, Zemmama was awful, and De Graaf was a headless chicken without the pace of a chicken. Runs and walks like someone has given him a right good kick in the stones. Derek didn't have a hope today with that behind him.

Too many card schools and gambling, trips to the bookies, drinking......and not enough professionalism............from a whole host of players at the club. Needs a top to toe clean out, again only my opinion.

sleeping giant
15-01-2011, 02:04 PM
We cant even do the basics. We cant pass the ball 2 feet, And that bald fellae that should have scored with a free header in the 1st half, All alone in the box with NOT ONE PLAYER near him.

We are a shambles

Right in front of me.
Thicot and Dichoh both going to the player who set up their first goal too. Left a massive hole.
Utter shambles.

Changing the mindset of this team is going to be hard.

What a ****in situation to be in.
I do feel for CC though as there is not one player in that team that he can rely on.

Everyone knows we need players right now. CC should go buy himself a captain too. Cant see Deek being here next season and i can't see Murray lasting much longer.

Riordans Boots
15-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Right in front of me.
Thicot and Dichoh both going to the player who set up their first goal too. Left a massive hole.
Utter shambles.

Changing the mindset of this team is going to be hard.

What a ****in situation to be in.
I do feel for CC though as there is not one player in that team that he can rely on.

Everyone knows we need players right now. CC should go buy himself a captain too. Cant see Deek being here next season and i can't see Murray lasting much longer.

They pair should be a comedy act :agree:

Stevie Reid
15-01-2011, 02:07 PM
9 defeats in 14 games, we have a manager who is showing no signs of being the answer and players who don't give a ****. To not make any subs until 3-0 is appallingly bad management.

We are going down, barring a miracle.

SteveHFC
15-01-2011, 02:18 PM
He should have taken de Graaf off before the 2nd half and subbed a couple of fresh legs as well.

That said, I will back CC as he has not had enough time at Hibs. He has indeed got his work cut out for him - sorting this pish poor team that we call Hibernian.

Colin, what have you let yersel in for man ....

Same :agree:

HibbyRod
15-01-2011, 03:29 PM
I truly could not believe De Graff stayed on the pitch for so long.

This guy has a good pedigree in Holland, but, whatever he had, he does not seem to possess it now.

He had been booked and was still getting involved with fouls and, given that he was having an appalling "performance", he should have been hooked in the first half.

We were more or less playing with 10 men with him on the park!

I still feel that we must give Calderwood time to make the changes for next season.

However, I find it almost beyond belief that he did not make the decision to bring De Graff off, as well as other changes, until too long into the second half when the game was effectively beyond us by then? :confused:

I'm also puzzled as to bringing McBride back into the pool today after he apparently had been told that he would play no part in Calderwood's plans going forward, and that he could find himself a club elsewhere. If so, why not give one of the youngsters a chance? (Booth, Welsh, Taggart, Stephens, etc?)

I must admit that I am now very concerned about this aspect of things.

eastmainsmsh
15-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Davie Weir is 40 going well

Sean Gregan 36 released by oldham Experienced player who was superb for preston ... great reader of game , passing etc

Someone of that with experience would do a job a steady our defence a leader on the park as we sadly lack

Not saying we should sign Gregan btw

silverhibee
15-01-2011, 08:54 PM

And what is the board manager and the rest of the players doing to help our situation.
Not much eh, but you and beefster cant help with your wee digs at DR at every opportunity, it is becoming boring, but knock yourselfs out with hammering DR all the time. CC is picking him to play but the two of you's will know better, do you honestly think he goes out to have a bad game.

The Voice Of Reason
15-01-2011, 08:57 PM
And what is the board manager and the rest of the players doing to help our situation.
Not much eh, but you and beefster cant help with your wee digs at DR at every opportunity, it is becoming boring, but knock yourselfs out with hammering DR all the time. CC is picking him to play but the two of you's will know better, do you honestly think he goes out to have a bad game.

SH - rec'd a text on Friday intimating that Derek has agreed to join Rangers next season (not sure if he has signed a pre-contract or not). Can you confirm/deny ?

matty_f
15-01-2011, 08:59 PM

Don't think anyone is going out to have a bad game, De Graaf isn't either but they are almost to a man all having bad games, hence the criticism.

As one of the senior players in the squad, IMHO Deek along with the other senior players, should be doing much more to get better performances from themselves and their team-mates.

silverhibee
15-01-2011, 09:06 PM
SH - rec'd a text on Friday intimating that Derek has agreed to join Rangers next season (not sure if he has signed a pre-contract or not). Can you confirm/deny ?

Not what i have heard, is what i know.

The Voice Of Reason
15-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Not what i have heard, is what i know.

OK, cheers. :cool2:

1two
15-01-2011, 09:10 PM
CC doesn't know his strongest 11

CC doesn't know his weakest 11

Therefore CC must go along with RP

Andy74
15-01-2011, 09:13 PM

I've hardly ever critiicsed Derek, and there are threads upon threads about all the other players.

Someone getting touchy?

The suggestion was that Hibs didn't deserve him as they were so poor. He's hardly been a stand out was my point. looked very ordinary against a second division team last week too. So, he is as responsible as the rest of them.

matty_f
15-01-2011, 09:25 PM
CC doesn't know his strongest 11

CC doesn't know his weakest 11

Therefore CC must go along with RP

I've watched us all season and I couldn't tell you our strongest 11.

One week, a player will have a decent game, the next he's a dud. That's going right across the side at the moment. There's not a single player that you could rely on to give you a performance week in/week out, let alone 11 of them!

I sympathise with CC, I really do. I don't know if he's a good manager or a pish one, what I do know is that I don't envy him one bit trying to get a settled side out of that bunch.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
15-01-2011, 09:29 PM
I've hardly ever critiicsed Derek, and there are threads upon threads about all the other players.

Someone getting touchy?

The suggestion was that Hibs didn't deserve him as they were so poor. He's hardly been a stand out was my point. looked very ordinary against a second division team last week too. So, he is as responsible as the rest of them.

:agree: Am I naive? I'd expect our quality senior players (Miller / Riordan / Murray / De Graff) to dig us out of this.

Over to you boys...

The Voice Of Reason
15-01-2011, 09:34 PM
:agree: Am I naive? I'd expect our quality senior players (Miller / Riordan / Murray / De Graff) to dig us out of this.

Over to you boys...

:faf:

The fact that we are relying on the likes of De Graaf to dig us out of this hole, sums up exactly why we are in this hole in the first place. For him to be our "Banner Headline"........well it sums it up really!

:brickwall

BT58
15-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Now I ain't pashed,,,,,,,,,,,yet,,, hic
But I watched this game today on some French tv channel
We've brought back guys into the team who have been out
for ages ,, Hogg , Mcbride, Degraff and others
It ain't happening with these guys!!!!!
They are LOSERS!!!!
if we can't bring in new signings( for whatever reason)
Bring in the youngsters!!!at least they would have a hunger
that has been sadly lacking in the first team
We have to start building for next term,,,

1two
15-01-2011, 09:49 PM
I've watched us all season and I couldn't tell you our strongest 11.

One week, a player will have a decent game, the next he's a dud. That's going right across the side at the moment. There's not a single player that you could rely on to give you a performance week in/week out, let alone 11 of them!

I sympathise with CC, I really do. I don't know if he's a good manager or a pish one, what I do know is that I don't envy him one bit trying to get a settled side out of that bunch.

Marty I agree I don't know either
But if you have a decent game this season your not guaranteed a game the following week, likewise if you play crap, your more than likely to play the following week

He's clueless

matty_f
15-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Marty I agree I don't know either
But if you have a decent game this season your not guaranteed a game the following week, likewise if you play crap, your more than likely to play the following week

He's clueless

Fair point, but you'd think that between him and Adams, they'd be able to tell a player when they saw one!

silverhibee
15-01-2011, 09:58 PM

Someone getting touchy?

Are you serious with that statement, you have go at him with every thread about him, just like the thread about DR signing for the huns, the greggs one, a rumour, but it didn't stop you saying something about him not being a true Hibby if he moved to them.
Touchy, i know who i would like to get touchy with.:wink:

Removed
15-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Fair point, but you'd think that between him and Adams, they'd be able to tell a player when they saw one!

:agree: but I think we just about all agreed the team against Ayr was the strongest he could have put out but yet again we were still pish. WTF is going on is the dressing room before the game or at East Mains during the week?

1two
15-01-2011, 10:01 PM
:agree: but I think we just about all agreed the team against Ayr was the strongest he could have put out but yet again we were still pish. WTF is going on is the dressing room before the game or at East Mains during the week?

Lack of confidence is what I thought for a good few weeks, now i think it's just down to pishness! :agree:

matty_f
15-01-2011, 10:05 PM

God knows. It's a concern though. From the erse end of Collins' time in charge, I could probably pull up posts saying that I wasn't sure what system the team was trying to use, or that I couldn't describe our main tactic. That continued into Mixu's team, where we pretty much did away with the concept of a midfield, then Yogi came in and we tried passing a lot, but didn't really have any attacking strategy at all, and now we appear to have done away with tactics altogether.

Surely out of four managers (and some fairly decent assistant managers as well), we're able to get the basics of attacking and defending sorted to the basic degree of being able to fashion clear chances in a game, and restrict the number of chances the opposition get.

You'd think so, eh? Apparently not, though. I dunno if the players are just too nervous to play with the freedom and confidence that is required at this level, but they look like they're trying to be too deliberate with everything.

Every pass takes an age and we're that slow that it is the easiest thing in the world for the opposition to pick up runners, or close down the person on the ball.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
15-01-2011, 10:15 PM
:faf:

The fact that we are relying on the likes of De Graaf to dig us out of this hole, sums up exactly why we are in this hole in the first place. For him to be our "Banner Headline"........well it sums it up really!

:brickwall

Get over yourself. Whether you accept it or not, De Graff has played to a very decent level in the Dutch league. He is an experienced player, Like Miller and Deeks.

Consider the point.

Miller, Murray, Riordan and De Graff are the guys the likes of, Hanlon, Galbraith, Wotherspoon, Stevenson, Stevens look up to.

These guys have to step up and accept responsibility.

monktonharp
15-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Are you serious with that statement, you have go at him with every thread about him, just like the thread about DR signing for the huns, the greggs one, a rumour, but it didn't stop you saying something about him not being a true Hibby if he moved to them.
Touchy, i know who i would like to get touchy with.:wink::agree:am wi' you, this geezer is in the poakit o' some board member.cannae take to him.

Beefster
16-01-2011, 07:59 AM

Some folk think Riordan is immune from criticism. I don't. They're not wee digs though, I'll happily state that Riordan has been playing crap in the last few games.

If you check though, I criticise pretty much every Hibs player that plays pish.

PS If you think it's just me and Andy that are criticising Riordan, you probably shouldn't look too closely at the rest of the main board.

J-C
16-01-2011, 10:48 AM
My biggest problem with CC at the moment is his tinkering with the team.

Duffy scored 2 goals midweek and doesn't start :confused:

Stevenson was the best man in midfield against Dun U, misses next game then is played at left back, particularly when a good left back has just came back fom a loan spell. :confused:

Plays Riordan as a loan striker, since when has Deek been a loan striker. :confused:

Thicot although ties hard isn't a right back, reads the game well but continually gets dragged into the middle of the park, not his fault but is being asked to do a job not natural to him, he's a CB/DM. :confused:

Murray's legs are shot, he suffers from arthritis in his hips, so why is he being asked to play CM, either play him as a sweeper AKA Sauzee role or CB. :confused:

Galbraith isn't a starter, impact player at best but something is lacking in his game. :confused:

De Graaf runs like a donkey, he looks knackered after 5 mins, I've got a hip implant and I could run faster then him, expected more but very disappointed. :confused:

The Voice Of Reason
16-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Get over yourself. Whether you accept it or not, De Graff has played to a very decent level in the Dutch league. He is an experienced player, Like Miller and Deeks.

Consider the point.

Miller, Murray, Riordan and De Graff are the guys the likes of, Hanlon, Galbraith, Wotherspoon, Stevenson, Stevens look up to.

These guys have to step up and accept responsibility.

Aye, alright then :aok:

Suggest you have a look at the "De Graaf" thread and see what the fans think of him. As for the players looking up to De Graaf, they are more likely to be thinking "how is this Dutch dud earning more than me"?

Anyone who has seen him play is astounded at his lack of ability (as per the comments on the "De Graaf" thread).

I don't care what he has done in the past, it is now that counts. He is hopeless, our worst signing ever.

I understand that Hughes never actually watched him in the flesh - MASSIVE mistake.

:ostrich:

PeeJay
16-01-2011, 11:14 AM
I don't care what he has done in the past, it is now that counts. He is hopeless, our worst signing ever.

You cannot be serious? - Worse than O'Brien? (to name one of a few duds) :confused:

The Voice Of Reason
16-01-2011, 11:21 AM
You cannot be serious? - Worse than O'Brien? (to name one of a few duds) :confused:

Yes, worse than AOB. At least AOB had pace. Tell me what De Graaf has ?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
16-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Aye, alright then :aok:

Suggest you have a look at the "De Graaf" thread and see what the fans think of him. As for the players looking up to De Graaf, they are more likely to be thinking "how is this Dutch dud earning more than me"?

Anyone who has seen him play is astounded at his lack of ability (as per the comments on the "De Graaf" thread).

I understand that Hughes never actually watched him in the flesh - MASSIVE mistake.

:ostrich:

De Graff has indeed been a massive dissapointment, certainly not my idea of the box to box player that was suggested.

Point still stands though, he is a senior player on a good wage and he needs to step up, along with Miller who has been equally gash.

Jimmy Belter
16-01-2011, 11:38 AM
What players are 1st Divistion players Hughes bought in ?

Stokes
Brown
Miller
Dickov
Hart
Duff
McBride etc.........

The Voice Of Reason
16-01-2011, 11:42 AM
De Graff has indeed been a massive dissapointment, certainly not my idea of the box to box player that was suggested.

Point still stands though, he is a senior player on a good wage and he needs to step up, along with Miller who has been equally gash.

I don't disagree that our senior players need to step up. Listen, I would love for De Graaf to step up to the plate. However it was evident as soon as I saw him play that he is hopeless. He is therefore quite simply incapable of "stepping up". He is not even good enough to play in our team in my opinion (and that is saying something, given how bad we are).

Re Miller - I disagree that he has been equally as gash as De Graaf. IMHO Miller is a far better player than De Graaf.

DH1875
16-01-2011, 11:45 AM

We are a shambles

And who's falt is that. I'm getting fed up with the CC love in. Rem Sauzee only got 69 days and well, he was a God. He is here to manage and if he can't motivate that shower when we are deep in the do do, then he ain't doing his job. Sure the players are crap but we don't have a system or even a style of play.
OH and by the way, he should know our best staring eleven. I could just about tell you and I don't see them train every day and get paid for it. Some people need to get a grip :brickwall

Stevenson was the best man in midfield against Dun U, misses next game then is played at left back, particularly when a good left back has just came back fom a loan spell. :confused:

Plays Riordan as a loan striker, since when has Deek been a loan striker. :confused:

Thicot although ties hard isn't a right back, reads the game well but continually gets dragged into the middle of the park, not his fault but is being asked to do a job not natural to him, he's a CB/DM. :confused:

Murray's legs are shot, he suffers from arthritis in his hips, so why is he being asked to play CM, either play him as a sweeper AKA Sauzee role or CB. :confused:

Galbraith isn't a starter, impact player at best but something is lacking in his game. :confused:

De Graaf runs like a donkey, he looks knackered after 5 mins, I've got a hip implant and I could run faster then him, expected more but very disappointed. :confused:

And the rest. Make no mistake about it, we are going one way and it aint good.

PeeJay
16-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Yes, worse than AOB. At least AOB had pace. Tell me what De Graaf has ?

Personally I think DeGraff has contributed more to the team effort that O'Brien ever did, but I'm not sure if this is really worth debating further ... DeGraff has really not demonstrated the much-touted Box-to-Box capability Yogi promised us, but I feel there is a good player in there...

bingo70
16-01-2011, 11:54 AM
And who's falt is that. I'm getting fed up with the CC love in. Rem Sauzee only got 69 days and well, he was a God. He is here to manage and if he can't motivate that shower when we are deep in the do do, then he ain't doing his job. Sure the players are crap but we don't have a system or even a style of play.
OH and by the way, he should know our best staring eleven. I could just about tell you and I don't see them train every day and get paid for it. Some people need to get a grip :brickwall

And the rest. Make no mistake about it, we are going one way and it aint good.

When he's picked our best 11 there's been absolutely no improvement so i think that's why he's struggling, no matter who plays we're just as pish as ever.

You must be referring to a different message board because there's no CC love in here, i think those backing him, myself included, recognise he's making mistakes, however i've got belief that once he brings his own players in we'll be a completely different team.

Obviously there are concerns over relegation, i'm pinning my hopes on him bringing a few players in this window to keep us up then i'm certain we'll see a different team next season, if we stay up i'm confident we'll be competing for 3rd place next year

The Voice Of Reason
16-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Personally I think DeGraff has contributed more to the team effort that O'Brien ever did, but I'm not sure if this is really worth debating further ... DeGraff has really not demonstrated the much-touted Box-to-Box capability Yogi promised us, but I feel there is a good player in there...

If you have seen him play, then I simply cannot believe the bit in bold! :hilarious

However, lets agree to disagree.

I tell you now, we will be lucky if anyone takes this guy off our hands. We will likely need to resort to paying him off. :grr:

fishybeaver
16-01-2011, 11:58 AM

My take on it is that when CC arrived he stated that everyone would get a chance under him. For a few games he went with Rankin & Nish, then gave Hogg a chance for a few games, then Stevenson,Thicot, Galbraith, Tracky and now McBride.

CC is not an idiot, he know exactly what needs done, where he need to strengthen and I would suspect he just about know's who he wants to keep and who he doesnt. One thing I honestly think is that CC is a cool, calm and sensible man who will hold out for the correct players, he will appresiate that we are struggling but will make changes \ signings for the goods of the team and not just panic buy like our previous manager(s) did.

Perhaps a small bit of calm from us the fans might help him along the way. I agree that it is piss porr at present but we all knew that it was a work in progress. We can all go on about how well Craig Brown has done at Aberdeen...did we really want a 70 year old as the long term manager at our club or a few quick results?

After CC has had the time to put together his own squad, then I will judge him, but he doesnt look like the type who will panic, which is ideal when in our siuation.

sahib
16-01-2011, 12:17 PM
My take on it is that when CC arrived he stated that everyone would get a chance under him. For a few games he went with Rankin & Nish, then gave Hogg a chance for a few games, then Stevenson,Thicot, Galbraith, Tracky and now McBride.

CC is not an idiot, he know exactly what needs done, where he need to strengthen and I would suspect he just about know's who he wants to keep and who he doesnt. One thing I honestly think is that CC is a cool, calm and sensible man who will hold out for the correct players, he will appresiate that we are struggling but will make changes \ signings for the goods of the team and not just panic buy like our previous manager(s) did.

Perhaps a small bit of calm from us the fans might help him along the way. I agree that it is piss porr at present but we all knew that it was a work in progress. We can all go on about how well Craig Brown has done at Aberdeen...did we really want a 70 year old as the long term manager at our club or a few quick results?

After CC has had the time to put together his own squad, then I will judge him, but he doesnt look like the type who will panic, which is ideal when in our siuation.

I hope you are right. Still, it would help expain a few things if he was.

GreenGiant1875
16-01-2011, 12:35 PM

Spot on. :top marks

Stevie Reid
16-01-2011, 02:22 PM

IMO, the only thing crazier than talking up Calderwood despite our current predicament, is dismissing Craig Brown's credentials as a manager.

Calderwood has transformed us from a distinctly average SPL team into relegation material, and is chillingly starting to remind me of Jim Duffy's tenure - we were safe in midtable (4th or 5th) when Duffy took over from Jocky Scott, and we ended that season in a relegation play off and were relegated the following season after allowing him to build his own team. The idea that Calderwood is blameless in all this is ridiculous, no one is expecting miracles but sadly a miracle is exactly what we will need to stay in this division if something drastic doesn't happen.

The argument that we cannot judge him until he has brought his own players in is also a poor one - yes, in the last 2 seasons we have come to realise that the players that we have aren't as good as we believed that they were, but we still have far from the worst squad in the SPL - yet we are the worst team in the SPL on current form. Of course, CC MUST be allowed to bring in 3 players that will come into the first team now, but he will still need to get the best out of who is here at the moment if we are to move away from danger. And even if somehow we didn't manage to sign anyone and were relegated in May, would people seriously argue that Calderwood couldn't be blamed? He's been here since mid October and we are now in mid January, and results and performances are getting worse, ZERO improvement.

Craig Brown's appointment would have been perfect for us, regardless of his age, and would certainly offer a few quick results (thought that is exactly what we need right now). His win ratio at Motherwell was 60% over the course of an SPL season, that is phenomenal, and I believe they went something like 12 games with only 2 goals conceded at one point last season. Had him and Knox come we would never have lost them to the OF or down south, we would have had them for as long as we wanted them - how many managers can you say that about?

Calderwood has been here since October and our relegation worries have increased ten fold since his arrival - CB has been at Aberdeen for 3 weeks and their relegation worries are practically over. In 5 games at Aberdeen he has managed twice as many wins as Calderwood has in 13, Brown's win ratio is currently 80% and Calderwood's is 15% - CC's loss ratio is 60%. Brown has already managed to bring in a striker who has scored 10 goals in half a season in the SPL and a guy from Fulham who seems of good pedigree - and spelt out his great contacts in the process of signing him. I know who I would rather have in charge, let's see how many points Aberdeen finish above us this season.

I am a level headed Hibs supporter but I have seen my team relegated before and I can't understand why everyone cannot see the deep trouble we are in. At this moment in time I have no trust in CC at all - maybe this will change at the end of the window, but at the moment, even if we do manage to stay in the SPL, I would not wnat him being responsible for the biggest overhaul of our playing staff in years.

I desperately hope I am wrong, and as a season ticket holder I will always support my team, it is needed now more than ever. But I'm seriously scared that worst is certain to happen.