PDA

View Full Version : No Business = First Division

Sylar
15-01-2011, 01:14 PM
It's that simple. This team isn't good enough to play in the SPL.

Hamilton had more fight, more drive, more creativity and more desire vs Celtic on Wednesday. A win for them today and they're going to move above us.

There's a shocking inability to perform basic footballing skills in our personnel - the performance of Edwin deGraaf today sums up the Hibs attitude for me right now - not good enough in terms of ability, not fit enough to match an opposition team, not skilled enough to tackle properly.

If Ayr United dump us out the cup on Tuesday, then dropping attendances and relegation are the reality facing us for the rest of the season.

No doubt some will accuse me of needless pessimism, but someone show me the positives?

LancashireHibby
15-01-2011, 01:18 PM
No doubt some will accuse me of needless pessimism, but someone show me the positives?

Hamilton are actually four points behind us so won't climb above us today even if they win at Castle Greyskull?

Sylar
15-01-2011, 01:20 PM
Hamilton are actually four points behind us so won't climb above us today even if they win at Castle Greyskull?

Well there IS a positive I guess - thought they were only 2 behind for some reason.

In the grand scheme of my complaints though, it's a very small glimmer of light indeed.

just_joe
15-01-2011, 01:20 PM

Hamilton had more fight, more drive, more creativity and more desire vs Celtic on Wednesday. A win for them today and they're going to move above us.

There's a shocking inability to perform basic footballing skills in our personnel - the performance of Edwin deGraaf today sums up the Hibs attitude for me right now - not good enough in terms of ability, not fit enough to match an opposition team, not skilled enough to tackle properly.

If Ayr United dump us out the cup on Tuesday, then dropping attendances and relegation are the reality facing us for the rest of the season.

I agree 100%. I would even go as far to say that we deserve to go down. That's not a team drained with confidence, its a team that are not even interested.

LancashireHibby
15-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Well there IS a positive I guess - thought they were only 2 behind for some reason.

In the grand scheme of my complaints though, it's a very small glimmer of light indeed.

I don't disagree with your original post by the way, just scrambling crumbs of comfort!

just_joe
15-01-2011, 01:24 PM
If I was Mark Brown I would be requesting a transfer cause that is the worst fefence I have seen in years.

SloopJB
15-01-2011, 01:30 PM
If I was Mark Brown I would be requesting a transfer cause that is the worst fefence I have seen in years.

even the elite can make a mistake

SlickShoes
15-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Calderwood needs to pull out something magical in this transfer window or nothing will change. Can anyone really see him bringing in enough players to change this mentality and keep us up? We are already struggling to attract players i really cant see where hes going to find the player/players to save us no one in the current squad other than brown should even be on the pitch.

James70
15-01-2011, 01:39 PM
We are in freefall towards the 1st division and unless we can bring in a few new faces this month I see no hope for us I'm afraid.

Dirkster23
15-01-2011, 01:40 PM

I think we all realized this some time ago.

The_Todd
15-01-2011, 01:41 PM

They still have the rest of the season to make up that minor 4 point disadvantage!

KiddA
15-01-2011, 01:50 PM

Ayr utd will dump us out the cup on Tuesday:agree: this bunch of players don't care.

James.
15-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Motherwell, the Huns and Dundee United.

I can't see us getting anything from those. I've always felt that Hamilton and Saint Mirren would be worse than us no matter how rank we were but for the first time this season I am genuinely worried about the drop.

The fact that CC can only bring in the likes of de Graaf and Stevenson when changes are needed shows what division this team is heading to.

LancashireHibby
15-01-2011, 02:07 PM
They still have the rest of the season to make up that minor 4 point disadvantage!

I was pointing out a positive, not the truth :greengrin

BEEJ
15-01-2011, 02:08 PM

Hamilton did give Celtic more of a scrap midweek and they're more set-up for that kind of battle. :agree:

However, I would say that the return of Hooper today made Celtic a much stronger attacking force than in midweek. Stokes and he make an effective front pairing. So just our luck that Hooper was fit again to face us.

That being said, we deserve nothing from the game and the Hibs player you name is fast becoming our worst signing in living memory when one considers the amount we will be paying him as our key signing of the summer window.

PeeJay
15-01-2011, 02:10 PM

Hamilton have a game in hand, I think.

Sylar
15-01-2011, 02:13 PM
"Not desperate to bring new players in" - says Calderwood.

Deary deary me...

Baader
15-01-2011, 02:14 PM
It really is as simple as that. If we don't get new players in, we'll be relegated.

snooky
15-01-2011, 02:23 PM
It really is as simple as that. If we don't get new players in, we'll be relegated.

TBH, going down is bad enough but what worries me more is coming back up. :worried:

Craig_in_Prague
15-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Our great club is going down.
Really can't see anything changing, 1 or 2 new players or not.

This is even worse than 97-98, back then at least you could attend or watch a game with some hope. Fans feed on anticipation, we knew we were bad then but there was enough hope to cling onto. Now? Predictable and truely woeful.

Dark days indeed.

:flag:

Hermit Crab
15-01-2011, 02:30 PM

His kicking is just as bad as the defence!

Hermit Crab
15-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Hamilton have a game in hand, I think.

Is that not against us? 6 pointer if it is!:worried:

BWhiteman1972
15-01-2011, 02:31 PM
With this squad we are looking at going down. Whatever happened to the players in the Under 19 squad that won the league and cup double only 2 years ago??

Surely they will have a bit more fight than 80% of the poor excuse for players we have playing week in week out at the moment!

jst1875
15-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Is that not against us? 6 pointer if it is!:worried:

how can a game against us be a game in hand ? ................ :confused:

Judas Iscariot
15-01-2011, 02:34 PM
If more fans went to the games then wouldn't there be a chance he'd have increased transfer funds?

BWhiteman1972
15-01-2011, 02:37 PM
If more fans went to the games then wouldn't there be a chance he'd have increased transfer funds?

No, he would just put that money aside to balance the books when we're playing 1st division football!

nortonhibby
15-01-2011, 02:39 PM

Deary deary me...

Having watched the game the only positives i could see was the performace of our Goalkeeper and Duffy looked sharp when we came on i was waiting for some positive news from Colin at the post match interview and i was astonished with his coments about continueing to work with the current squad of players as well as the not desperate to bring new players in.

Cropley10
15-01-2011, 03:07 PM
We are in freefall towards the 1st division and unless we can bring in a few new faces this month I see no hope for us I'm afraid.

I'm sure we are working hard in the background to bring in some players no-one has ever heard of, and that no-one else wants. But there are so many obstacles.

Prepare to be underwhelmed.

sleeping giant
15-01-2011, 03:16 PM
If we finish the season with the same players we will be relegated !

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-01-2011, 03:24 PM
only extra source of money right now will be the maintenance costs we are saving on 75% on the seats in the new east.

ancient hibee
15-01-2011, 03:34 PM
The defence is poor but Brown does not help with his obvious refusal to learn to kick the ball.

DaveF
15-01-2011, 03:35 PM

Deary deary me...

Did he really say that? I know managers give soundbites to the press for the sake of it, but come on Calderwood, say it like it and get this bunch of players playing for the green jersey, because I can't see anything other than relegation form when I watch Hibs right now.

It's gash and unless the board release the money and you find the players, then the 1st division is exactly where we are heading.

BEEJ
15-01-2011, 03:37 PM
only extra source of money right now will be the maintenance costs we are saving on 75% on the seats in the new east.
We're also saving big-time on player win bonuses!