PDA

View Full Version : Collins on Zemmama

Dan Sarf
15-01-2011, 10:55 AM
"A technical player... needs to ball to his feet... doesn't like working too much."

Not the Zemmama I remember? Or has absence made the heart (sorry) grow fonder?

E.T. is a Hibee
15-01-2011, 11:02 AM
"A technical player... needs to ball to his feet... doesn't like working too much."

Will be true!

Holmesdale Hibs
15-01-2011, 11:13 AM
All of that statement is spot on for me.

hibsbollah
15-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Never understood this at all, he works as hard tracking back and harrying as anyone else in the team, and more than most. He's never going to be a hard tackling type, look at the size of him:confused:

Its a lazy cliche; a flair player that hasnt made it with a 'big' club is almost always described as having a poor work ethic.

KiddA
15-01-2011, 12:42 PM

Collins has got way to much to say for himself I know we are bad but he is as negative about Hibs as that fud Proven :agree:

I smell sour grapes

Dan Sarf
15-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Calderwood on Zemmama: "he did a fantastic amount of work defensively, really pleased with him in that respect."

Did someone tell him about Collins' comment?

hibsbollah
15-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Calderwood on Zemmama: "he did a fantastic amount of work defensively, really pleased with him in that respect."

Did someone tell him about Collins' comment?

I heard that too and I was pleased CC said it:agree:

KiddA
15-01-2011, 05:45 PM
I heard that too and I was pleased CC said it:agree:

Yeah I thought he did well today. Someone needs to tell Collins the lad has been out for a year. I honestly can't believe how negative Collins is about Hibs :confused: I know we are so bad at the moment but he should just keep his comments to himself. He tends to forget that Hibs were also in free fall before he left :agree:

I honestly thought Hibs had a pretty good first half and the goal came at a bad time. I guess he has major sour grapes about Hibs but he should just shut up and stop being negative about us. He keeps going on about how the game should be played on the ground, yes he is right but his last days at Hibs we were also rank and never looked good at all and his signings were rank.

Green Mikey
15-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Yeah I thought he did well today. Someone needs to tell Collins the lad has been out for a year. I honestly can't believe how negative Collins is about Hibs :confused: I know we are so bad at the moment but he should just keep his comments to himself. He tends to forget that Hibs were also in free fall before he left :agree:

I honestly thought Hibs had a pretty good first half and the goal came at a bad time. I guess he has major sour grapes about Hibs but he should just shut up and stop being negative about us. He keeps going on about how the game should be played on the ground, yes he is right but his last days at Hibs we were also rank and never looked good at all and his signings were rank.

:agree: Collins likes to talk about football being played correctly and we saw some of this early in his reign but after that it fell apart pretty quickly.

It's hard to take his TV analysis seriously when his Hibs team rarely lived up to his rhetoric.

truehibernian
15-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Fittest team we have had in years at ER and he tried to rid the club of its card school, gambling, two hours a day training , off to the pub culture.

Some signings were indeed poor, however he was instrumental in getting Fletch an improved contract which in turn got a better fee IMO for him down the line. Got a tune out of Benji who looked eager to please. The younger players liked working under him.

As ever, not given enough time, RP went behind his back IMHO, the players attitude stunk to high heaven when their little cosy football lives were disturbed with hard work. Collins for me is head of the game in trying to get Scottish football out of the dark ages and into real professionalism. His man management skills were his downfall perhaps, but his vision was 100% spot on for the way the game should be played and how professional athletes should conduct themselves on and off the pitch.

And I can guarantee that even at his age, with his fitness levels he would walk into that Hibernian midfield ahead of De Graaf, McBride and Rankin.

Perspective
15-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Fittest team we have had in years at ER and he tried to rid the club of its card school, gambling, two hours a day training , off to the pub culture.

Some signings were indeed poor, however he was instrumental in getting Fletch an improved contract which in turn got a better fee IMO for him down the line. Got a tune out of Benji who looked eager to please. The younger players liked working under him.

As ever, not given enough time, RP went behind his back IMHO, the players attitude stunk to high heaven when their little cosy football lives were disturbed with hard work. Collins for me is head of the game in trying to get Scottish football out of the dark ages and into real professionalism. His man management skills were his downfall perhaps, but his vision was 100% spot on for the way the game should be played and how professional athletes should conduct themselves on and off the pitch.

And I can guarantee that even at his age, with his fitness levels he would walk into that Hibernian midfield ahead of De Graaf, McBride and Rankin.

We would not be in this mess as a club, on and off the pitch, if JC was still in charge.

basehibby
15-01-2011, 07:12 PM

Fair comment from someone who did manage Zemama, and successfully at that, presiding as he did over probably the highlight of his career so far.
Too many jumping on this comment as a big insult when it's obviously true that Zemama - while no slouch - is far more effective with the ball to feet rather than chasing hopeful balls over the top.

leither17
15-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Fair comment from someone who did manage Zemama, and successfully at that, presiding as he did over probably the highlight of his career so far.
Too many jumping on this comment as a big insult when it's obviously true that Zemama - while no slouch - is far more effective with the ball to feet rather than chasing hopeful balls over the top.

:top marks

tamig
15-01-2011, 08:04 PM

Agree with all of that bud.

ekhibee
15-01-2011, 08:05 PM

:top marks