PDA

View Full Version : Latest on signings

sunshine1875
15-01-2011, 08:07 AM
From today's Scotsman:

Hibs look in desperate need of fresh blood "We've made quite significant progress in terms of trying to freshen up and bring a couple in," added Calderwood.

"It's taking three steps forward and one step back. From when we went out training to when we got back in this morning we hit another stumbling block, so we're trying to overcome that. I was hopeful we might have something for the weekend. We'll certainly try to have something done, but then will he play in the game? Probably not now."

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-v-Celtic-Colin-Calderwood.6691520.jp?articlepage=2

CallumLaidlaw
15-01-2011, 08:28 AM
possibly an announcement this morning then?! :cool2:

Andy74
15-01-2011, 08:33 AM
From today's Scotsman:

Hibs look in desperate need of fresh blood "We've made quite significant progress in terms of trying to freshen up and bring a couple in," added Calderwood.

"It's taking three steps forward and one step back. From when we went out training to when we got back in this morning we hit another stumbling block, so we're trying to overcome that. I was hopeful we might have something for the weekend. We'll certainly try to have something done, but then will he play in the game? Probably not now."

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-v-Celtic-Colin-Calderwood.6691520.jp?articlepage=2

It's probably called Hearts!

JimBHibees
15-01-2011, 08:35 AM
It's probably called Hearts!

Why do you say that?

PaulSmith
15-01-2011, 08:39 AM
These pesky stumbling blocks are littered from Easter road to east mains!:)

Andy74, wouldn't surprise me if Hearts are in for Rooney, I know he was one that JJ wanted at start of season

Pedantic_Hibee
15-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Why do you say that?

If we put a bid in for the Aids virus, they'd table a higher offer.

We are their scouting network.

Whereas we can table an offer of 100k in cash for a player, they'll buy him for 200k on Vlad's credit card. Of course, there's an interest rate comparable to Wonga.com that they need to repay but they don't care about that. It's on the never, never. Vlad won't make them suffer, he only has their best interests at heart.

Like when he said in October 2004 that he anticipated that they would have no debt by the end of that year, he fulfilled that promise didn't he? Oh, he didn't? Ah, I see.

Anyways, he's a silent benefactor who ploughs money into the squad and doesn't meddle. Wait? What? Is that true? Did he really take the unprecedented step of sitting in the dugout when Hearts got bummed by AEK Athens? Why would an owner sit in the dugout? Oh, right, I see.

Point is, they want what we want. And they gazump our offers with a credit card. Keep trying, Vladimir, there are many things you can buy in life. Class isn't one of them.

sunshine1875
15-01-2011, 09:13 AM
The thoughts of the Hibs Rumours site...............

15 Jan 2011 08:48:17
Hibs Rumours
In

Griiffiths
heidar thorvaldsson - ex reading striker
emmanuel thomas - arsenal youngster
http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/01/wenger-set-to-decide-on-emmanuel-thomas-loan/
craig molloy - brechin midfielder

various papers

Mikey
15-01-2011, 09:24 AM
One of the main problems will be as soon as a deal has been struck with Hibs his agent will scuttle off to the other teams that have shown an interest to try and get more.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Hearts are involved.

jakki
15-01-2011, 09:24 AM
My source has told me that we had an English 1st div player up at East Mains for a medical on Thursday (no names supplied) but he failed it.

There was me thinking about how low we can get, and then remembering about Asa Hartford and him failing his medical at Leeds and then going on to have a great career.

It doesn'y feel so bad.

Mon the Hibees and get that special new signing that will have us all singing!

hibbie02
15-01-2011, 10:00 AM
From today's Scotsman:

Fnarr! Is this a clue? Is his name Johnny? :cool2: