PDA

View Full Version : NHC Goodwillie & Robertson questioned re sexual assault

clerriehibs
14-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Derek Riordan's off field problems just don't compare (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-12193925), levein. In fact, Derek's are relatively non-existent.

Judas Iscariot
14-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Craig Levein is a specky, trampy, unshaven, fattening, classless, Hertz prick...

**** him!

Jim44
14-01-2011, 08:13 PM
.. just don't compare (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-12193925), levein. In fact, Derek's are relatively non-existent.

While I agree with the sentiment, I think it's a bit unfair and unwittingly damaging to use Riordan as a focus for a thread about possibly serious criminal activities.

Removed
14-01-2011, 08:15 PM
While I agree with the sentiment, I think it's a bit unfair and unwittingly damaging to use Riordan as a focus for a thread about possibly serious criminal activities.

Why :confused:

Wotherspiniesta
14-01-2011, 08:15 PM

:agree:

Fair enough if Goodwillie and Robertson had been charged/jailed. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

It wouldn't matter to Levein of course. He'd probably cap Marlon King if he could.

Removed
14-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Craig Levein is a specky, trampy, unshaven, fattening, classless, Hertz prick...

**** him!

:agree: :agree: :agree:

Removed
14-01-2011, 08:19 PM

Fair enough if Goodwillie and Robertson had been charged/jailed. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

It wouldn't matter to Levein of course. He'd probably cap Marlon King if he could.

Not the first time for goodwillie though. He seems to get on the front pages quite a lot these days. Funny how Potter doesn't comment on that :confused:

Jim44
Why :confused:

I would have thought it was obvious.

Removed
I would have thought it was obvious.

If it was I wouldn't have asked

Craig_in_Prague
14-01-2011, 08:20 PM

**** him!

you forgot; negative, ugly, muttering, depressing, drivel speaking bawbag anaw :wink:

eastmainsmsh
14-01-2011, 08:22 PM

**** him!

Coorect it wisnae that when he lamped hogg in front of familys at raith rovers game :agree:

He is a fanny

Jim44
14-01-2011, 08:27 PM
If it was I wouldn't have asked

Riordan's off field problem's have been more than adequately highlighted here and everywhere else for that matter. The guy seems to have settled down recently and I think his past deserves to be put to rest especially in a Hibs forum rather than have it shouted from the rooftop in a thread which really has nothing to do with him. After all the op says NHC. Just my personal view.

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-01-2011, 08:28 PM
No matter who plays well for Hibs in the future they won't get picked while that slimebag is manager of Scotland

Yam fannie of the highest order

:jamboak:

Carheenlea
14-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Would rather Deeks' name be taken off the title of this thread if I'm honest.

Removed
14-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Riordan's off field problem's have been more than adequately highlighted here and everywhere else for that matter. The guy seems to have settled down recently and I think his past deserves to be put to rest especially in a Hibs forum rather than have it shouted from the rooftop in a thread which really has nothing to do with him. After all the op says NHC. Just my personal view.

Wish potter shared the same view. Think that is what the op's point was. No matter what DR did in the past it doesn't compare to that dick goodwillie imo

Removed
14-01-2011, 08:35 PM

Does it not depend on whether anyone on here who knows him is offended or not?

Jim44
14-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Wish potter shared the same view. Think that is what the op's point was. No matter what DR did in the past it doesn't compare to that dick goodwillie imo

I completely agree with you. I just think it's unfortunate that using Riordan in this context unnecessarily drags his name through the dirt again.:dunno:

trev the hat
14-01-2011, 08:42 PM

Sir David Gray
14-01-2011, 08:45 PM
I don't think it's fair to comment on the allegations that Goodwillie is facing because he hasn't even been arrested, let alone charged. However if Riordan had just been called in for questioning for this type of crime, it would no doubt be used as another stick to beat him with and give Levein a further reason to keep him out of the Scotland squad.

Obviously the type of offence that is being mentioned here is a lot more serious than the typical "Jack the lad" stuff that he has been involved in, in the past, but even if nothing comes of this sexual assault allegation, it remains the case that David Goodwillie is trouble and is a very silly young man.

He is a very talented striker who could make it big in the game but if he keeps getting involved in late night brawls outside nightclubs and getting picked up by the police for that and other things, he's not going to attract interest from the type of clubs that his talent deserves.

jdships
14-01-2011, 08:48 PM

This has nothing to do with DR

JimBHibees
14-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Totally agree no need to link the two players.

jakedance
14-01-2011, 08:57 PM
What a weird thread. Seems a bit tabloid in the way the thread title was designed to lure people into something that has nothing to do with DR.

Removed
14-01-2011, 08:59 PM
They aren't being linked, just comparison of behaviour against comments made by levein.

Hibs.net in over reaction shock :rolleyes:

Jim44
14-01-2011, 09:00 PM
It's interesting to see the spin that the Jambos and Huns are putting on this recent news. The Jambos are hoping that it will increase their chances of a result in their game against D.Utd.. The Huns, not unexpectedly and bigotedly, are suggesting it's a conspiracy involving a young Catholic girl falsely accusing the perpetrators in an attempt to kibosh their attempts to sign Goodwillie. :rolleyes:

trev the hat
14-01-2011, 09:00 PM
IMHO This thread should be closed as nothing positive to come from it.
Anyone care to oblige ??

Removed
14-01-2011, 09:05 PM
IMHO This thread should be closed as nothing positive to come from it.
Anyone care to oblige ??

Could apply to loads of other threads too. Admin going to be busy if that's the criteria.

Jim44
14-01-2011, 09:09 PM
They aren't being linked, just comparison of behaviour against comments made by levein.

Even although the OP intended it to be a 'comparison of behaviour', the point I made and seems to be supported by quite a few others is that this board is viewed by lots of visitors (in fact mainly visitors at certain times) and irrespective of the OP's intentions, the unfortunate business of Riordan's behaviour yet again comes into sharp focus and unwittingly and unnecessarily conjures up a picture of 'that nasy Hibs ned'. It's not a case of over reaction, more a case of common sense.

Alex Trager
14-01-2011, 09:11 PM
What's leaven said?????

Tricla
14-01-2011, 09:12 PM

I think the OP is getting at the fact that Potter uses Deek's former off field problems as an excuse not to pick him but contradicts himself by including the wee minge that is Goodwillie with his current and IMO far worse misdemeanour's.

Nothing to do with dragging up Deek's past TBF.

Removed
14-01-2011, 09:16 PM
I think the OP is getting at the fact that Potter uses Deek's former off field problems as an excuse not to pick him but contradicts himself by including the wee minge that is Goodwillie with his current and IMO far worse misdemeanour's.

Quoted again for all the visitors

Iggy Pope
14-01-2011, 09:16 PM
It's interesting to see the spin that the Jambos and Huns are putting on this recent news. The Jambos are hoping that it will increase their chances of a result in their game against D.Utd.. The Huns, not unexpectedly and bigotedly, are suggesting it's a conspiracy involving a young Catholic girl falsely accusing the perpetrators in an attempt to kibosh their attempts to sign Goodwillie. :rolleyes:

I trust that the woman involved in making the allegations is of the age of consent?

Wouldn't want the player in question going on the Register, thereby making him a stick-on for the Hertz!
:devil:

easty
14-01-2011, 09:17 PM

Jim44
14-01-2011, 09:19 PM

I understand the OP's intentions perfectly well, Tricia. The point I'm trying to make but not very well it would appear is that, overriding the valid point he is making, the unfortunate and unintentionally damaging biproduct of the thread is the 'behaviour' of an important player we are trying to keep at ER.

Elephant Stone
14-01-2011, 09:19 PM

Please say this is true. :faf:

Removed
14-01-2011, 09:21 PM
I understand the OP's intentions perfectly well, Tricia. The point I'm trying to make but not very well it would appear is that, overriding the valid point he is making, the unfortunate and unintentionally damaging biproduct of the thread is the 'behaviour' of an important player we are trying to keep at ER.

You are the one that keeps on mentioning it though :doh:

Jim44
14-01-2011, 09:25 PM
You are the one that keeps on mentioning it though :doh:

Not another word will pass my lips on the matter. :greengrin

Tricla
14-01-2011, 09:27 PM

It's Tricla, not Tricia.

:wink:

I don't see how the OP is damaging anything by making this comparison. He's sticking up for Deeks IMO.

Removed
14-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Not another word will pass my lips on the matter. :greengrin

:greengrin

easty
14-01-2011, 09:30 PM
It's Tricla, not Tricia.

I don't see how the OP is damaging anything by making this comparison. He's sticking up for Deeks IMO.

In your photo you look more like a Tricia though...:greengrin

ronaldo7
14-01-2011, 09:33 PM
.. just don't compare (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-12193925), levein. In fact, Derek's are relatively non-existent.

Just wished you'd used Allan McGregor of der hun.:cool2:

Jim44
14-01-2011, 09:34 PM
It's Tricla, not Tricia.

Sorry Tricla. :agree: :lips seal

Pedantic_Hibee
14-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Yon young fellae David FantasticSchlong seems to be attracting all the wrong headlines recently.

Pete
14-01-2011, 09:50 PM
What a weird thread. Seems a bit tabloid in the way the thread title was designed to lure people into something that has nothing to do with DR.

It's in the Daily Star category:greengrin

Tricla
14-01-2011, 09:53 PM
In your photo you look more like a Tricia though...:greengrin

Well it was taken on the weekend. :wink:

Cropley10
14-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Potter thinks DR is a ned.

Goodwillie glasses people in nightclubs and now this.

The OP is trying to expose Potter for what he is....

My view: as others have said, if things were the other way round, can you imagine? The press would have a field day.

Much ado about nothing IMHO

Tricla
14-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Sorry Tricla. :agree: :lips seal

Apology accepted.

I'll spare you a :slipper:

Dinkydoo
14-01-2011, 10:03 PM
I completely agree with you. I just think it's unfortunate that using Riordan in this context unnecessarily drags his name through the dirt again.:dunno:

I agree.

As I had a look over the thread titles on the main board I thought to myself "Jesus, what now, Hibs are playing badly enough without more off-field *****" :greengrin

Seriously though, innocent until proven guilty; if he did do it though he should lose his job and be put on the sex offenders register just like any normal person would.

bighairyfaeleith
14-01-2011, 10:04 PM
I'm a wee bit thick, really slow at the up take. However I read the op and completely understood his point.

Levein is a prick, goodwillie is a bad boy, riordan is no that bad, so why no pick riordan because of his behaviour but pick goodwillie.

Aye close the thread:faf:

Cropley10
14-01-2011, 10:05 PM
I'm a wee bit thick, really slow at the up take. However I read the op and completely understood his point.

Levein is a prick, goodwillie is a bad boy, riordan is no that bad, so why no pick riordan because of his behaviour but pick goodwillie.

Aye close the thread:faf:

/\ this /\

Dinkydoo
14-01-2011, 10:06 PM

It's in the Daily Star category:greengrin

At least if it was then there would be a nice set of chebs to have a look at whilst reading what the page 3 model thought of the current economical climate. :wink:

Pete
14-01-2011, 10:08 PM

My view: as others have said, if things were the other way round, can you imagine? The press would have a field day.

Remember, this is the man who broke his team-mates nose during a game.

I think he is the last person who should be judging anyone's behaviour...on the park or off it.

Maybe a genius like Deek doesn't fit into a 9-1-0 formation. Goodwillie might slot into the "headless chicken" role in front of the nine defenders.

IWasThere2016
14-01-2011, 10:19 PM

(Many) runours up here of the Arabs (allegedly) keeping a few headlines supressed (allegedly) about DG allegedly.

Cropley10
14-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Remember, this is the man who broke his team-mates nose during a game.

I think he is the last person who should be judging anyone's behaviour...on the park or off it.

Maybe a genius like Deek doesn't fit into a 9-1-0 formation. Goodwillie might slot into the "headless chicken" role in front of the nine defenders.

Totally agree Potter is a w anchor. End of.

new malkyhib
14-01-2011, 10:28 PM

:top marksthat's 21st century Scotland for you, Jim. A narrow, small-minded little place.

TPAKA
14-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Does it not depend on whether anyone on here who knows him is offended or not?

Could you change the title of the thread please? This has nothing to do with the Hibs player mentioned, so please change the title.

I really don't want to have to ask the Admin or indeed have the thread removed. :aok:

I can see where you're coming from, but perhaps it may even have been wiser to use the comparison within the post rather than within the title.

If at all. :wink:

bigstu
14-01-2011, 10:34 PM
thank goodness for this, i read the title & thought Riordan had been involved in the alleged rape!!!

Removed
14-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Could you change the title of the thread please? This has nothing to do with the Hibs player mentioned, so please change the title.

I really don't want to have to ask the Admin or indeed have the thread removed. :aok:

I can see where you're coming from, but perhaps it may even have been wiser to use the comparison within the post rather than within the title.

If at all. :wink:

I can't. Not my thread and I don't have those powers.

Can see and understand your pov though

TPAKA
14-01-2011, 10:45 PM
I can't. Not my thread and I don't have those powers.

Can see and understand your pov though

No worries. Ehm... aye sorry, just realised it wasn't your thread. :doh:

Thanks for the change. :agree:

bighairyfaeleith
14-01-2011, 10:54 PM
I'm offended that the title of this thread has been changed.

Hiber-nation
14-01-2011, 10:59 PM
/\ this /\

Want to tell us plebs what this actually means with these forward and back slashes? Afraid I've no got a scooby.

Removed
14-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Want to tell us plebs what this actually means with these forward and back slashes? Afraid I've no got a scooby.

Think he was just making an arrow to point to the post above it and agreeing

sleeping giant

Look at it with your head on your left shoulder then look at it again with your head on your right shoulder:greengrin

sleeping giant
Think he was just making an arrow to point to the thread above it.

FFS:na na:

Hiber-nation
14-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Think he was just making an arrow to point to the post above it and agreeing

Ah right. Like this :agree:

Time for bed methinks :wink:

Hiber-nation
14-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Look at it with your head on your left shoulder then look at it again with your head on your right shoulder:greengrin

Away and play on the road :greengrin

Removed
14-01-2011, 11:04 PM

Now all I've got is a sore neck :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
14-01-2011, 11:05 PM
This thread is class, serious over reaction if I have ever seen it:greengrin

Judas Iscariot
14-01-2011, 11:34 PM
To summarise..

Derek Riordan is a saint AND a legend..

David Badfanny is a vicious beasty ned..

And Craig Levein is a ganting Hertz Kanoute..

Close thread, discussion over, deal done!

**** the Hertz, love the Hibs :notworthy:

Jim44
14-01-2011, 11:39 PM
To summarise..

Derek Riordan is a saint AND a legend..

David Badfanny is a viscious beasty ned..

And Craig Levein is a ganting Hertz Kanoute..

Close thread, discussion over, deal done!

**** the Hertz, love the Hibs :notworthy:

:lips seal Why shou........:lips seal....you hav.........:lips seal........the last wor.....:lips seal ? :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
14-01-2011, 11:42 PM
:lips seal Why shou........:lips seal....you hav.........:lips seal........the last wor.....:lips seal ? :greengrin

:shhhsh!:

Removed
14-01-2011, 11:44 PM

Cos he's the captain :cool2:

Judas Iscariot
14-01-2011, 11:55 PM
Cos he's the captain :cool2:

And your ****ing spot on B :agree:

GhostofBolivar
15-01-2011, 07:46 AM
The creep's wikipedia page has a section titled 'criminal activities'. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Goodwillie#Criminal_activities)

What a charming and upstanding member of our society.