PDA

View Full Version : Forrest's ban?

franks
14-01-2011, 06:14 PM
What has happened with celtic's appeal against Forrest's red card if anything. I thought the appeal had to be heard before the next game but have heard nothing.

AFKA5814_Hibs
14-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Appeal won't be heard until next week so is able to play tomorrow.

franks
14-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Thanks

JimBHibees
14-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Sorry but that is a crock this should have been dealt with before tomorrow as all it would have taken was Collum coming out and saying he thought it a sending off. I can remember the SFA managing to put togther a commitee to rule out John Oneil of Hibs for the derby in a couple of days. Smacks a bit of them running scared of dos paranoidos and IMO is a blow for us as Forrest is a genuine threat with his pace. Poor show IMO.

PaulSmith
14-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Appeal won't be heard until next week so is able to play tomorrow.

It only goes to a review panel if the referee decides that it should be referred to one. Has this been confirmed anywhere?

AFKA5814_Hibs
14-01-2011, 07:15 PM
It only goes to a review panel if the referee decides that it should be referred to one. Has this been confirmed anywhere?

In today's Sun

"under new SFA disciplinary rules, a review panel will study footage of the flashpoint. It's understood the review panel may not be able to be convened until early next week. That would free Forrest to play against Hibs tomorrow lunchtime"

Sir David Gray
14-01-2011, 07:57 PM
In today's Sun

"under new SFA disciplinary rules, a review panel will study footage of the flashpoint. It's understood the review panel may not be able to be convened until early next week. That would free Forrest to play against Hibs tomorrow lunchtime"

They were quick enough to review, and throw out, our appeal a couple of years ago, when we had two games in quick succession.

The appeal was put in yesterday, why couldn't Willie Collum look at the footage today and then make his decision? It can't be that difficult.

I wonder if we'll hear Neil Lennon complaining about this. :rolleyes:

AFKA5814_Hibs
14-01-2011, 08:02 PM
They were quick enough to review, and throw out, our appeal a couple of years ago, when we had two games in quick succession.

The appeal was put in yesterday, why couldn't Willie Collum look at the footage today and then make his decision? It can't be that difficult.

I wonder if we'll hear Neil Lennon complaining about this. :rolleyes:

Agree, any appeal should be heard before the next game. Forrest could score the winner tomorrow then his appeal could be thrown out meaning he shouldn't have played as a red card was deemed the correct decision.