PDA

View Full Version : Kevin McCann

cam75
14-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Is he still with ict?poss swap deal with them for rooney?or would you take him back to hibs?

Dunbar Hibee
14-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Is he still with ict?poss swap deal with them for rooney?or would you take him back to hibs?

Definitely have him instead of Hart. Though id probably play Mark Brown at RB instead of Hart.

PeeJay
I'd bring the lad back to ER - and hope he stays fit - good prospect IMO.

Ritchie
i'd have him in the team ahead of Hart.... but he is injury prone so its a gamble.

JimBHibees
14-01-2011, 11:59 AM

A resaonable shout that, could be a decent makeweight in any possible deal for Rooney.

hibsbollah
14-01-2011, 12:01 PM
He's still out with his knee. If ICT want him for longer i believe they have to let us know by this Sunday.

We should get him back IMO.

M11BMO
14-01-2011, 12:02 PM
I'd much rather have him at RB in place or Hart. As Richie said above, injury prone.

Always liked the look of him when he first broke onto the scene.

SneakersO'Toole
14-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Unfortuntely I think the lad will turn into the modern day Mark Kennedy.

Good prospect but injuries will hamper any sustained progress in his career.

DC_Hibs
14-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Unfortuntely I think the lad will turn into the modern day Mark Kennedy.

Good prospect but injuries will hamper any sustained progress in his career.

Mark Kennedy has played over 400 league games and is still going strong at 34 at Ipswich.

I presume thats who you mean Sneakypoo???

easty
14-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Mark Kennedy has played over 400 league games and is still going strong at 34 at Ipswich.

I was just thinking the same thing....I'd be happy for him to turn into our very own Mark Kennedy!

SneakersO'Toole
14-01-2011, 12:34 PM

I'm a tool. I meant Mark Dempsie.

BSEJVT
14-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Is it the same old knee injury flared up again or a different one?

Not good news if it is the former

Golden Bear
14-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Kevin is 23 now and unfortunately I think injuries will prevent him from becoming a first team regular.

lucky
14-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Average to poor at best and is always injured. If ICT want him I would let them have him

SurferRosa
14-01-2011, 01:30 PM
It`s a pity he seems to get injured as often as he does. Would like to see him back at Hibs all the same. He was a very good prospect, and has done well at Caley, i would like to see him given another chance in our team. :agree:

Golden Bear
14-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Average to poor at best and is always injured. If ICT want him I would let them have him

A wee bit harsh maybe but i agree that Kevin could struggle to make the grade. He was never blessed with any great pace (he should fit in well right enough :wink:).

His best game for Hibs was actually his debut imo (v Dundee United away). He had a stormer that day and looked to be a real prospect.

Craig_in_Prague
14-01-2011, 01:34 PM
I've always liked him, a tough wee cookie and there was a spell under Collins that he was driving forward a lot and showed more to his game. Defensively he's very reliable.
Would like to see him back in the team ASAP.

HenryMonk
14-01-2011, 01:46 PM
I'm a tool. I meant Mark Dempsie.

Who's mark dempsie?

Sure you dont mean john kennedy?

oconnors_strip
14-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Who's mark dempsie?

Sure you dont mean john kennedy?

mark dempsie played for hibs until 2003, had to retire due to an ongoing back injury.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Dempsie

SneakersO'Toole might be thinking about ex celtic john kennedy who had to retire due to knee injuries

NOLA
14-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Always liked the lad, though id be worried if its the same knee injury hes been nursing now for the past 18/24 months, if fit he would be a first team regular by now

Golden Bear
14-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Jonathan Baillie was another promising central defender whose senior career was ended prematurely because of injury.

He looked a good un' in the very few appearances he made in a Hibs jersey.

cam75
14-01-2011, 04:05 PM
What was the name of the young right back i think played against Roy Kean nailed him with his 1st touch class,sure he ended up at Morton or the likes?

greenlex
14-01-2011, 04:10 PM
What was the name of the young right back i think played against Roy Kean nailed him with his 1st touch class,sure he ended up at Morton or the likes?
Jay Sheilds

cam75
14-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Jay Sheilds
Thanks

eastmainsmsh
14-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Jay Sheilds

Great prospect tough tackling player played well in his games for his ...His dad was a great junior player

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Jay Sheilds

The tackle against Hartley at easter road, when the runt shat himself was superb. :top marks

erin go bragh
14-01-2011, 05:36 PM
I'd much rather have him at RB in place or Hart. As Richie said above, injury prone.

Always liked the look of him when he first broke onto the scene.
hart is also injury prone, so id take mcann every time.
ggtth

Seanair
14-01-2011, 06:17 PM
I've always liked him, a tough wee cookie and there was a spell under Collins that he was driving forward a lot and showed more to his game. Defensively he's very reliable.
Would like to see him back in the team ASAP.
Not reliable at all IMO! As soon as a "winger"goes inside him on McCann's left foot he's struggling. Same weakness that Hart has (and Hanlon's right foot if he's playing at left back.

State of the art training ground, but we can't sort out basic deficiences:rolleyes:

He's also too wee--we need taller, stronger players.

Craig_in_Prague
14-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Not reliable at all IMO! As soon as a "winger"goes inside him on McCann's left foot he's struggling. Same weakness that Hart has (and Hanlon's right foot if he's playing at left back.

State of the art training ground, but we can't sort out basic deficiences:rolleyes:

He's also too wee--we need taller, stronger players.

Every full back is capable of being taken on in the inside.

What i meant that he is reliable is that he doens't make many errors or stupid mistakes, that's my opinion - and he might be small but he's tough enough to play RB - IMO

I think his reading of the game is decent enough and i'd like him to still have a career at Hibs. If we can get much better then great, but right now we don't !!

JimBHibees
14-01-2011, 07:59 PM
The tackle against Hartley at easter road, when the runt shat himself was superb. :top marks

Certainly was Hartley was squealing like a hog. :greengrin
Think it led directly to deek scoring.

DH1875
14-01-2011, 08:08 PM

If fit I'd take him back. There must be 1 or 2 others we could use as part of any deal.

Albion Hibs
14-01-2011, 08:19 PM
It is a good shout as a possible incentive.

If we needed to offer more than just money I think I would do it.

For one he is injury prone, albeit I dont know how he has performed since going to ICT. Secondly I would think that it is easier to source a right back than a proven young goal scorer/striker, and lets be honest if Rooney was to come to hibs and continue scoring goals we would get more selling him than we would defender.

erskine-hibby
14-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Would love to see Kevin come back to ER and make his mark.

Iggy Pope
14-01-2011, 08:22 PM
A wee bit harsh maybe but i agree that Kevin could struggle to make the grade. He was never blessed with any great pace (he should fit in well right enough :wink:).

His best game for Hibs was actually his debut imo (v Dundee United away). He had a stormer that day and looked to be a real prospect.

Not sure about that GB. First I seen of him was a cup-tie at Pittodrie and it sticks in my mind as being his debut.
And he had a very good night.

hibsbollah
14-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Secondly I would think that it is easier to source a right back than a proven young goal scorer

Yes, our track record shows this doesnt it?:rolleyes: since Whittaker left we've had, in no particular order, Gathuessi (laughable), Thicot(out of position) Hogg (out of position), Bamba(out of position) Van Zanten (useless) and Hart (past it).

Whittaker wasnt the finished article at RB either and made loads of mistakes. Id go as far to say we havent had a complete right back (to compare with say Murphy on the other side) since John Brownlie.

Its very hard to source a good full back. Its also one of the most important positions in the modern game.

Albion Hibs
14-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Yes, our track record shows this doesnt it?:rolleyes: since Whittaker left we've had, in no particular order, Gathuessi (laughable), Thicot(out of position) Hogg (out of position), Bamba(out of position) Van Zanten (useless) and Hart (past it).

Whittaker wasnt the finished article at RB either and made loads of mistakes. Id go as far to say we havent had a complete right back (to compare with say Murphy on the other side) since John Brownlie.

Its very hard to source a good full back. Its also one of the most important positions in the modern game.

An average full back/make shift full back will do, Thicot has shown that over the past few weeks hasnt he?

How have average strikers done for us?

coco22
14-01-2011, 10:50 PM

was just a lad when he was about but always thought willie miller was a great full back, tough tackling and could swing a good cross too.

Iggy Pope
15-01-2011, 10:20 PM
An average full back/make shift full back will do, Thicot has shown that over the past few weeks hasnt he?
How have average strikers done for us?

Really though? Kevin McCann, fit or not, pishes him, really he does.
Rather than a makeshift full back that is, presuming you've tried playing that position? At any level?
Maldini - what an average makeshift world beating ******* of a full back he turned out......

HibbiesandtheBaddies
15-01-2011, 10:39 PM
McCann is a good defending fullback. Whitty is a good attcking fullback.

Rarely do you get a fullback that is good at both.

Which type do we require at this precise moment in time?

Iggy Pope
15-01-2011, 10:43 PM
McCann is a good defending fullback. Whitty is a good attcking fullback.

Rarely do you get a fullback that is good at both.

Which type do we require at this precise moment in time?

McCann.
With Whittaker playing in front of him.

Albion Hibs
15-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Rather than a makeshift full back that is, presuming you've tried playing that position? At any level?
Maldini - what an average makeshift world beating ******* of a full back he turned out......

Sorry did not realise there was a representative for the full back association on here.

Dear Mr I Love Full Backs,

What would you rather have, a goal scorer or a full back that makes his way up the pitch but is pretty poor at defending?????

kind regards,

PS Your Maldini is not available in this transfer window.

Iggy Pope
15-01-2011, 11:19 PM

Sorry did not realise there was a representative for the full back association on here.

Dear Mr I Love Full Backs,

What would you rather have, a goal scorer or a full back that makes his way up the pitch but is pretty poor at defending?????

kind regards,

PS Your Maldini is not available in this transfer window.

Oh dear.
Mr I love full backs? What a sorry response.
When have we ever been half decent without them?
Bobby Duncan
Arthur Duncan! :greengrin
John Brownlie
Erich Scheadler
Des Bremner
Alan Sneddon
Willie Miller
David Murphy
Even Graham ****ing Mitchell!

They should attack and defend.
Good teams don't have good full backs?
Full backs are 'makeshift'?

Albion Hibs
15-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Oh dear.
Bobby Duncan
John Brownlie
Erich Scheadler
Des Bremner
Alan Sneddon
Willie Miller
David Murphy

Well done for getting the Hibs history book out.

But whilst the below contains a great list of players over the last 60 years it does nothing for your point.

As I said before, and sorry if you missed it last time, the question was would you rather have a good full back for getting up the pitch, or a good striker?

Iggy Pope
15-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Oh dear.
Bobby Duncan
John Brownlie
Erich Scheadler
Des Bremner
Alan Sneddon
Willie Miller
David Murphy

Well done for getting the Hibs history book out.

But whilst the below contains a great list of players over the last 60 years it does nothing for your point.

As I said before, and sorry if you missed it last time, the question was would you rather have a good full back for getting up the pitch, or a good striker?

60 years?
Oh dear again.
Why are you spraffing about strikers when we are clearly discussing a full back?

And books?
Not needed.

Albion Hibs
15-01-2011, 11:31 PM
60 years?
Oh dear again.
Why are you spraffing about strikers when we are clearly discussing a full back?

And books?
Not needed.

As I have said, you have yet again not answered the question.

Would you rather have a good full back for getting up the pitch, or a good striker?

Iggy Pope
15-01-2011, 11:38 PM
As I have said, you have yet again not answered the question.

Would you rather have a good full back for getting up the pitch, or a good striker?

Yet again, I respond:
The thread discusses a full back and indeed, is titled thus.

No striking reference.

I'd have both in any starting XI? That do you?

Signed.
Mr I Love Full Backs.

('specially when there's two of them and a couple of centre backs, maybe some dig and class in the middle and a striker up top)

Albion Hibs
15-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Yet again, I respond:
The thread discusses a full back and indeed, is titled thus.

No striking reference.

I'd have both in any starting XI? That do you?

Signed.
Mr I Love Full Backs.

('specially when there's two of them and a couple of centre backs, maybe some dig and class in the middle and a striker up top)

Are you a member of the conservative party? Politicians seeim to have an ability in not answering questions.

The post relates to Kevin McCann and would you stick him on for a swap therefore how you do not see the crossover between posts is somewhat concerning.

As I said a good full back or a good striker?

Iggy Pope
15-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Are you a member of the conservative party? Politicians seeim to have an ability in not answering questions.

The post relates to Kevin McCann and would you stick him on for a swap therefore how you do not see the crossover between posts is somewhat concerning.

As I said a good full back or a good striker?

Good grief!
That's up there with LTYF.
Not that I would ever level that at you

Show me, please where I 'stick him on for a swap'?
Read the thread.
I like Kevin McCann as a full back.
I do not like Steven Thicot as one.
I have not discussed strikers or 'crossover' whatever that is, on this thread.

Retract your political slur.