PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry help

just_joe
13-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Really STRUGGLING to set up a blackberry phone. I have no wireless connection in my house (only wired) so basically is that me humped?

Wembley67
13-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Never used a blackberry but if you plug it into your pc you can do it that way I imagine or phone your provider who should be able to send the set up details to your phone.

OtterHibee
13-01-2011, 04:32 PM
If you don't have a wireless connection in your household, you won't be able to make use of the Blackberry's wifi capabilites, however you can still access the internet.

You still have automatic 2G and 3G connections, which give you reasonably quick access to most sites. That should get you by no bother.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you need any further advice.

just_joe
13-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Got it sorted but I now have a picture of a blue bubble with "zz" inside it and the number "1". what does this mean? also my friend says I havent accepted there request to add them to bb chat. Ive no idea how to use bb chat whatsoever.

OtterHibee
13-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Got it sorted but I now have a picture of a blue bubble with "zz" inside it and the number "1". what does this mean? also my friend says I havent accepted there request to add them to bb chat. Ive no idea how to use bb chat whatsoever.

The 'zz' icon represents a friend request from someone in Blackberry Messenger (your mate I presume). The icon for BBM should be in the 'Downloads' folder shown in the menu. You just need to go in, go through a simple set-up process and accept/delete the request.

This page (http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/blackberrymessenger/) should help you figure out BBM.

just_joe
13-01-2011, 05:32 PM
got that working now lol. i downloaded the facebook app and msn app. cant seem to find where i can log into facebook using the app though . browsers a bit slow.

Jack
13-01-2011, 06:25 PM
My daft daughter, who just recently joined here but’s a bit shy :faf:– aren’t you clairlouise if you're looking in, has broke the ‘s’ on her blackberry keyboard. :rolleyes:

Any idea5 of how 5he can get a new one? Cheer5!