PDA

View Full Version : Sheep sign Blackman

JimBHibees
13-01-2011, 01:29 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/9360499.stm

Plus another.

MB62
13-01-2011, 01:43 PM
That's about half a dozen players Paw Broon has signed since he joined Aberdeen. This in a period where we are told there are very few players available.

I think this shows the difference in the ON field ambitions of ourselves and Aberdeen.

Andy74
13-01-2011, 01:50 PM
That's about half a dozen players Paw Broon has signed since he joined Aberdeen. This in a period where we are told there are very few players available.

I think this shows the difference in the ON field ambitions of ourselves and Aberdeen.

Blackman is the only one I'd take and he's only on loan.

There are players out there, sure, but we don't want to be here emptying them again next year.

We've signed 9 players ourselves since January when we were 3rd in the league, I don't think Aberdeen have.

I don't think this says anyhting about the on filed ambitions at all other than we want to try and get the right people in.

Same people using anything they can to blame the Board. It was all very quiet about this sort of thing this time last year.

Spike Mandela
13-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Half a dozen.Have I missed something I thought these were Browns only moves in the transfer market:confused:

Aberdeen's strategy for avoiding relegation is Brown/Knox, Blackman and a midfielder.

Over to you now Hibs.

Calderwood and...........................................:win k:

MB62
13-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Blackman is the only one I'd take and he's only on loan.

There are players out there, sure, but we don't want to be here emptying them again next year.

We've signed 9 players ourselves since January when we were 3rd in the league, I don't think Aberdeen have.

I don't think this says anyhting about the on filed ambitions at all other than we want to try and get the right people in.

Same people using anything they can to blame the Board. It was all very quiet about this sort of thing this time last year.

So you're happy then Andy are you.
Two clubs deep in a relegation battle, one is selling and letting players go, the other is at least showing they are trying to do something positive. Only time will tell of course and maybe our board will prove to have the correct approach to this crisis, I pray they do.

--------
13-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Two clubs deep in a relegation battle, one is selling and letting players go, the other is at least showing they are trying to do something positive. Only time will tell of course and maybe our board will prove to have the correct approach to this crisis, I pray they do.

I see Hamilton have just re-signed Antoine-Curier. Again, probably not the most inspiring signing of the window, but at least they're doing something. There are hardly even any rumours about us.

We're on very thin ice right now, IMO. I have a nasty suspicion that certain people at ER are assuming that if the worst comes to the worst, League re-organisation will keep us up.

Been there before - and I didn't like it.

Jim44
13-01-2011, 02:22 PM
I think Aberdeen have turned the corner and will do better than a lot of people here give them credit for. As for us we can't even see the corner and it remains to be seen what CC and RP have up their sleeves.:rolleyes:

EskbankHibby
13-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Is this not the same dude who promised McCall that if he came back to Scotland on loan it would be to Motherwell?

Good signing for the dons, seems to be one thing that Browns is good at, quickly assessing a squad and filling the gaps, would be nice to see that happening a bit closer to home.

Andy74
13-01-2011, 02:50 PM

I'm not happy with where we are in the league but with a large part of the transfer window to go I'm not going to get all excited about other clubs signing nonentities.

We've been stuck with enough players who we can't get shot of as it is. I will be happy to see signings when they are the right ones for the club.

WindyMiller
13-01-2011, 02:56 PM

I make it 4 now

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20110113/craig-brown-makes-it-a-hat-trick-of-signings_2212158_2265373

2 were on trial and 1 on loan with him, at Motherwell.

greenlex
13-01-2011, 03:54 PM
The Rumour was we enquirer about Blackman. He has gone ti the sheep. Get over it.