PDA

View Full Version : Lennon..

hibbysam
13-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Could he have been more disrespectful if he tried? started listening to his interview from last night and within 25 seconds has had a go at hamilton for not wanting to come out and play and at the officials:confused: hes actually an embarrassment to himself the way he goes on:agree:

M11BMO
13-01-2011, 01:26 PM
A Vile creature. I HATE him with a passion.

Beefster
13-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Bawbag of the highest order. Makes 'Uncle Watty' and 'Super Ally' look classy, which is a tough thing to do.

truehibernian
13-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Any sporting establishment that had a shred of dignity, common sense, and humility, would have withdrawn Lennon from the media firing line and put someone like Mjallby or Parker out to deal with the media from now on until the appeal is heard. Strange that a club with a supposed learned ex cabinet minister politician at the helm they did not take the typical politicians stance of "I cannot possibly comment until all the facts are heard".

What was worse yesterday was Chick Young gushing at his pre match interview and sounding like a little Lennon lapdog, laughing and joking like a love sick teenager.......Chick, you need to grow a pair son......investigative sports journalist my erse :agree:

JackRegan
13-01-2011, 02:57 PM

Why do you "HATE him with a Passion" - whats he done that's so bad that it merits such hate?

Hibiza
13-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Lennon goes over the top. "Hate" too much for me.

M11BMO
13-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Why do you "HATE him with a Passion" - whats he done that's so bad that it merits such hate?

Apart from being a twat... Hes behaviour towards other professionals is ridiculous at times. Certainly not a credit to the SPL IMO.

JackRegan
13-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Apart from being a twat... Hes behaviour towards other professionals is ridiculous at times. Certainly not a credit to the SPL IMO.

What other professionals has he criticised? He's criticised the refs but he's no worse than anyone else in that respect.

Also "not a credit to the SPL"? As if thats all down to Neil Lennon.

blackpoolhibs
13-01-2011, 03:12 PM

I hate celtc football club, and each and every parasite who plays for them. Lennon more than most for being an orangutan in a tracksuit. Who treats the SFA, refs and every other team that has the cheek to take any point away from his horrible side with contempt. If he was on fire, i wouldn't piss on him.

marinello59
13-01-2011, 03:19 PM
What other professionals has he criticised? He's criticised the refs but he's no worse than anyone else in that respect.

:faf:

M11BMO
13-01-2011, 03:20 PM

Ok. That's your opinion. :wink:

I'm not one for getting into long winded disputes over Neil Lennon so I'll just stop us both there. I can't stand him, seem's you have other views of him.

M11BMO
13-01-2011, 03:21 PM
I hate celtc football club, and each and every parasite who plays for them. Lennon more than most for being an orangutan in a tracksuit. Who treats the SFA, refs and every other team that has the cheek to take any point away from his horrible side with contempt. If he was on fire, i wouldn't piss on him.

:agree:

gringojoe
13-01-2011, 03:22 PM

He manages Celtc is that not enough? Everybody but him is wrong, he is perfect and has never made a single mistake in his whole ginger life.

JimBHibees
13-01-2011, 03:23 PM

His behaviour as a manager is the same as he was as a player, obnoxious and argumentative. He would start a fight in an empty house. His paranoia ably backed by the repulsive Dr Reid hasnt really done your club any favours and looks pathetic to all.

JackRegan
13-01-2011, 03:26 PM
He manages Celtc is that not enough? Everybody but him is wrong, he is perfect and has never made a single mistake in his whole ginger life.

Funny - he says teh opposite in his book and has doen in several interviews.

Funny that I don't remember any other Celtic manager getting this much heat. Strange.

JackRegan
13-01-2011, 03:27 PM
His behaviour as a manager is the same as he was as a player, obnoxious and argumentative. He would start a fight in an empty house. His paranoia ably backed by the repulsive Dr Reid hasnt really done your club any favours and looks pathetic to all.

Okay, i'll indulge you.

When he has criitices referees, don't you think the referees performances on these occasions merited criticsim?

bighairyfaeleith
13-01-2011, 03:28 PM

He's a complete ******.

steviecarnie

he criticised hamilton for not coming out and playing so his team could exploit their weekness! its up to hamilton how they decide to play. Look at fergie at united actually giving credit to rangers for the way they played even tho it could have hampered his team - manner/courtesy cost nothing, its a shame lennon who has a considerable wealth id imagine hasnt used some of it to even try buy some.

gringojoe
[QUOTE=JackRegan;2689516]Funny - he says teh opposite in his book and has doen in several interviews.

Did he colour the book in himself?

bighairyfaeleith
13-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Okay, i'll indulge you.

When he has criitices referees, don't you think the referees performances on these occasions merited criticsim?

Quite often not no, also criticizing is one thing, persecuting them is another!!

JimBHibees
13-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Okay, i'll indulge you.

I am not interested in whether he was right or wrong however the way he spoke to and acted towards the 4th officials at Utd and Hearts was absolutely despicable IMO. Celtic instead of pandering to the lowest common denominator of their fans by playing the hard done to card (even raised at the AGM ffs) should be looking more closely at the behaviour of their manager.

JackRegan
13-01-2011, 03:33 PM

So he has no right to criticise referees when they turn in a string of dismal performances against us? Or like when he gets lied to by officials?

JackRegan
13-01-2011, 03:39 PM
I am not interested in whether he was right or wrong however the way he spoke to and acted towards the 4th officials at Utd and Hearts was absolutely despicable IMO. Celtic instead of pandering to the lowest common denominator of their fans by playing the hard done to card (even raised at the AGM ffs) should be looking more closely at the behaviour of their manager.

Was it worse than when smith pushed the 4th official againt yourselfs?

Maybe you and a few others should look to have a more transparent SFA and reformed SFA - after all the McLeish report recomonds this as well and also look at the out dated structure of the organisation.

Or maybe look at why one team never seems to get a big decision given against them, when their closest rivals can provide a list as long as your arm. Funny how it all seems more blatant when one team is on its uppers financially.

Askyourself this - when did Rangers last have cause to complain about officials?

JackRegan
13-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Quite often not no, also criticizing is one thing, persecuting them is another!!

Don't think lennon persecuted them at all.

What constitutes lennon "persecuting them"?

steviecarnie
13-01-2011, 03:40 PM
So he has no right to criticise referees when they turn in a string of dismal performances against us? Or like when he gets lied to by officials?

we were lied to by officials did we create a 6 week running story, that cost 2 men their lively hood? NO! we got on with it.

JackRegan
13-01-2011, 03:41 PM
he criticised hamilton for not coming out and playing so his team could exploit their weekness! its up to hamilton how they decide to play. Look at fergie at united actually giving credit to rangers for the way they played even tho it could have hampered his team - manner/courtesy cost nothing, its a shame lennon who has a considerable wealth id imagine hasnt used some of it to even try buy some.

Read again what he said - he never criticised them at all.

Hamilton got the goal and sat in - that was clear, he never said it was wrong for them to do this. Lennon knows that was always going to be the script.

JackRegan
13-01-2011, 03:43 PM
we were lied to by officials did we create a 6 week running story, that cost 2 men their lively hood? NO! we got on with it.

Craven's resignation had nothing to do with celtic - he said so himself. He said it was down to a culture of bullying at the SFA - even teh huns on Follow Follw admit this!!

Dougie McDonald had no option to go - he doctored a match report and lied about it and tried to cover it up.

BTw You were lied to - I agree. Maybe you should ask why your club never mnade more of it and asked for some clarity, or better still why don't you ask whythe press never ran with it.

Oh no, that would mean upsetting the status quo - they'd never do that.:wink:

lapsedhibee
13-01-2011, 03:45 PM
So he has no right to criticise referees when they turn in a string of dismal performances against us?

:faf:

JimBHibees
13-01-2011, 03:45 PM

Maybe you and a few others should look to have a more transparent SFA and reformed SFA - after all the McLeish report recomonds this as well and also look at the out dated structure of the organisation.

Or maybe look at why one team never seems to get a big decision given against them, when their closest rivals can provide a list as long as your arm. Funny how it all seems more blatant when one team is on its uppers financially.

Askyourself this - when did Rangers last have cause to complain about officials?

Yer right, its a conspiracy.:greengrin

HibeeB
13-01-2011, 03:47 PM

You're on a hiding to nothing here Jack.

The OF have been getting decisions to the detriment of all other Scottish teams for decades. Go onto any messageboard looking for sympathy for criticising refs and you'll get the same response from all of them.

And I think you can guess what that response will be.

greenlex
13-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Jack it's not the fact he criticises it's the way he does it backed by your board. Your manager and club are well suited. As George Peat says the airing if your grieances in public has become tiresome. I admire how you are sticking up for him.

JackRegan
13-01-2011, 03:51 PM
You're on a hiding to nothing here Jack.

The OF have been getting decisions to the detriment of all other Scottish teams for decades. Go onto any messageboard looking for sympathy for criticising refs and you'll get the same response from all of them.

And I think you can guess what that response will be.

Okay - tell me what bid decisions have went for Celtic thsi season or last that has changed teh game.

then tell me the ones that Rangers have got.

BTW just search my posta, it has the list from last season. :agree:

Its not enough to lazily come out with the tired "old Firm" line - look at the interpretation and application of laws in games involving both clubs.

When did a big decision last go against Rangers? The fact is they are in serious trouble and their pals at the SFA are helping them out - its alwasy the same in a tight season.

aLso why wer Celtic fans delighted to have a foreign ref and why were the huns and their apologists up in arms about it?

truehibernian
13-01-2011, 03:52 PM

You seem like a sensible football fan jack. Surely you would agree, that with hindsight and a bit of common sense and dignity, the day that George Peat comes out with his little statement to rile Celtic, it would have been perhaps wise for those in power at Celtic to say to Neil Lennon, "Neil......step back from the trenches and get some respect in this argument.....the less you say the more arrogant "they" appear".

No......they allowed Celtic to play a game of football which we all know (as all games of football do) is likely to include the odd debatable decision (for or against Celtic).

For me it is as though Celtic are actually enjoying this argument and getting a great deal of satisfaction from it, rather than being diplomatic and encouraging ALL clubs to get round the table with refs and come to agreements.

And Dr Reid has the most brass plated of brass necks to question integrity and honesty, given his role in one of the most dishonest governments in our history. He would be wise to keep his horrible mouth clamped IMHO.

Lucius Apuleius
13-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Why does he get so much hate? Because he is an obnoxious vile disgusting ginger headed prick. Now, none of these things in there own right probably deserve vilification however he does. And just for the record we did hate most of your other managers as well. Probably a little bit less than we hate the ginger headed prick (nothing against gingers by the way and that know) but hated them all anyway, right back to, in my memory, Mr Wonderful Jock Stein. Nobody likes listening to a nasal whingeing ginger headed prick moaning and bleating that the whole world hates you. WE DO!!!! Get over it. Piss off out of Scottish football if you don't like it that much.

Kaiser1962
13-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Read again what he said - he never criticised them at all.

Hamilton got the goal and sat in - that was clear, he never said it was wrong for them to do this. Lennon knows that was always going to be the script.

When Lennon criticises referees he's alluding to some sort of greater conspiracy against his club, aided and abetted by Dr Reid (Do you want to talk about lies and him?). Why are you getting so upset about a small lie which effected nothing when your players, and ours, do it every game by diving, cheating, claiming their ball when they were clearly the last person to touch it?

Was it the referees fault your centre half couldnt trap a bag of sand or your strikers couldnt hit a cow on the arse with a banjo? In the mind of the persecuted soap dodger it probably is but you should see the view from over here, but you cant cos your fans are so insular, bitter and twisted.

JackRegan
13-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Jack it's not the fact he criticises it's the way he does it backed by your board. Your manager and club are well suited. As George Peat says the airing if your grieances in public has become tiresome. I admire how you are sticking up for him.

but we've not really aired our greviences in public. That is a myth.

1.) We made a statement saying we would appeal the Lennon ban,

2.) Peat (the guy who oversaw a Scottish club going under) then comes out and makes a statement slagging Celtic? He's doing this when we are in an appeal process against the organsiation he heads!!

3.) We then release a statement saying he is potentially prejudicing his own organisatiosn hearing.

Guys like Peat are are a massive part of the problem in Scottish Football. remember this is also the guy who was prepared to move Quenn of the South's only Cup Final, without their consent to extend teh League to help Rangers!!!

jdships
13-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Regardless of anything else he now surely has lost the respect of supporters in general ( Celtic apart of course)
Respect by your fellows can only be earned regardless who/what you are - he would do well to remember that .
He cerainly appears to have a perscution phobia which he cannot hide .
Goodness only knows what the dressing room atmosphere must be like.!!

:confused:

JackRegan
13-01-2011, 03:56 PM
When Lennon criticises referees he's alluding to some sort of greater conspiracy against his club, aided and abetted by Dr Reid (Do you want to talk about lies and him?). Why are you getting so upset about a small lie which effected nothing when your players, and ours, do it every game by diving, cheating, claiming their ball when they were clearly the last person to touch it?

Was it the referees fault your centre half couldnt trap a bag of sand or your strikers couldnt hit a cow on the arse with a banjo? In the mind of the persecuted soap dodger it probably is but you should see the view from over here, but you cant cos your so insular, bitter and twisted.

Okay - I'll ask a gain. When did Rangers last have cause for complaint over a big refereeing decision?

and

When did a wrong big decision turn a game in Celtic's favour?

Hiber-nation
13-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Okay - tell me what bid decisions have went for Celtic thsi season or last that has changed teh game.

then tell me the ones that Rangers have got.

BTW just search my posta, it has the list from last season. :agree:

Its not enough to lazily come out with the tired "old Firm" line - look at the interpretation and application of laws in games involving both clubs.

When did a big decision last go against Rangers? The fact is they are in serious trouble and their pals at the SFA are helping them out - its alwasy the same in a tight season.

aLso why wer Celtic fans delighted to have a foreign ref and why were the huns and their apologists up in arms about it?

The absolutely ridiculous decision to send off Mensing could have cost Hamilton a well deserved point.

JackRegan
13-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Regardless of anything else he now surely has lost the respect of supporters in general ( Celtic apart of course)
Respect by your fellows can only be earned regardless who/what you are - he would do well to remember that .
He cerainly appears to have a perscution phobia which he cannot hide .
Goodness only knows what the dressing room atmosphere must be like.!!

:confused:

To be honest I doubt Lennon cares about having the respect of other fans.

As it happens there is a great atmosphere in the Celtic dressing room. :agree:

easty
13-01-2011, 03:58 PM

Really...is it going to turn into another one of those threads? Where you get your wee book out to give us all the example of the referees giving the big decisions against Celtc....yawn....but I'll give you an example anyway - Berwick should have had a pen against yous, wasnt given.

This is about Neil Lennon being a reprobate, dont go off topic!(http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=reprobate)

Kaiser1962
13-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Okay - I'll ask a gain. When did Rangers last have cause for complaint over a big refereeing decision?

and

I dont watch Celtic or Rangers every week Jack but I would suggest, off the top of my head, Stokes should have been sent off early doors against Rangers. It didnt alter the game cos Celtic where pish anyway.

easty
13-01-2011, 04:00 PM
To be honest I doubt Lennon cares about having the respect of other fans.As it happens there is a great atmosphere in the Celtic dressing room. :agree:

No more or less than we care about your views when defending him.

SkintHibby
13-01-2011, 04:00 PM
I have nothing but complete contempt for that vile Lennon creature and for Celtic.

JimBHibees
13-01-2011, 04:01 PM

Myth my erse, Reid was discussing at your AGM.

JackRegan
13-01-2011, 04:01 PM
The absolutely ridiculous decision to send off Mensing could have cost Hamilton a well deserved point.

agree it was harsh decision, but was he going to save the penalty he gave away??!?!

Hamilton goal - offside - wrong call
Skelton - studs up and does Kayal - no booking - wrong call
Forrest - rash tackle, but not as bad as Skelton's - wrong call (especially when you look at what was deemed acceptable when teh huns booted Killie off the park on monday)
McGinn - clear penalty - not given and boosk McGinn - wrong call.

He got tee Hamilton red card right, our penalty right and our late "goal" right.

Sir David Gray
13-01-2011, 04:03 PM

No worse than anyone else?

Seriously? :confused:

There's plenty of managers and players who criticise a referee's performance and some of them do go over the score when making that criticism, but I'm not too sure there's anyone else who's currently involved in Scottish football who has also gone on to question a referee's integrity, apart from Gary Hooper and John Reid, that is.

Celtic were on the wrong end of some poor decisions last night, the Hamilton goal shouldn't have stood, the penalty that was turned down, was a penalty IMO and I thought the red card for Forrest was harsh as well.

Everyone knows the refereeing standards are below par so mistakes will happen. It happened to Hibs in the derby a couple of weeks ago when we were denied a stonewall penalty for handball, when the score was still 0-0. We then went on to lose the match.

Did you hear or read Colin Calderwood, Rod Petrie or any of the Hibs players in the paper or the radio the next day going on about the authorities having some kind of agenda or questioning their integrity? No, you didn't.

We bleated about it on here for a couple of days and it was mentioned in the match reports and that was it. Hibs got a penalty against Hearts last season that wasn't a penalty so it happens.

truehibernian

and

IIRC, twice in the season Strachan won the league, both occasions involving Shinsuke Nakamura..............winning a very debatable (i.e never in a million years) free kick v Killie on a Sunday game, and against St Mirren at their place, same season, same player, same outcome.......both goals coming from direct free kicks, both scored, leading to 6 points instead of 2........meaning you went on to win the biggest title in the land (again.....if I recall correctly)

Kaiser1962
So what about the Stokes tackle on Papac?

agree it was harsh decision, but was he going to save the penalty he gave away??!?!

Forrest - rash tackle, but not as bad as Skelton's - wrong call (especially when you look at what was deemed acceptable when teh huns booted Killie off the park on monday)

He got tee Hamilton red card right, our penalty right and our late "goal" right.

M11BMO
13-01-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm pretty confident in saying that if a vote was taken, Neil Lennon would be labled as the most "hated" man in scottish football.:agree:

bighairyfaeleith
13-01-2011, 04:14 PM

aye it's a conspiracy, the refs all want rangers to win the league.

There might be some truth in that, if I was a ref, and after the way you lot headed up by lennon have behaved I wouldn't give you a decision either. Bigger shower of tits I have never met!!

Jim44
13-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Orangutan - Orangutans are the only exclusively Asian living genus of great ape. They are among the most intelligent primates and use a variety of sophisticated tools, also making sleeping nests each night from branches and foliage. They are generally not aggressive and live a mostly solitary life foraging for food. They are the largest living arboreal animals with longer arms than other great apes. Their hair is typically reddish-brown, instead of the brown or black hair typical of other great apes.

This thread, and many others scattered about football forums recently, continually makes reference to Lennon's affinity to the Orangutan. Nothing could be further from the truth. Lennon's never-ending, petulant sniping and his uncontrollable vile and aggressive behaviour towards match officials is far removed from this good-natured and admirable species of the animal kingdom.

blackpoolhibs
13-01-2011, 04:20 PM

There might be some truth in that, if I was a ref, and after the way you lot headed up by lennon have behaved I wouldn't give you a decision either. Bigger shower of tits I have never met!!

I used to hate the huns a little more than the dodgers when growing up in Leith in the 60s and 70s, but i can say now without doubt, i'd rather rangers won the league than celtc. Celtic have become an awful club, with awful players managers and fans, much worse than the huns imo. And believe me, i never thought i'd hear myself saying that.

Beefster
13-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Funny - he says teh opposite in his book and has doen in several interviews.

Funny that I don't remember any other Celtic manager getting this much heat. Strange.

This seems to imply that Lennon is hated for some other reason than his behaviour, general demeanour and utter ****ishness when, in fact, it reinforces what a **** he is, if other Celtic managers haven't been regarded in the same manner.

Why do you think he's hated?

Broken Gnome
13-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Jack, what were you insinuating when you queried why Lennon gets so much 'hate' compared to previous Celtic managers? Sounded like we were going dangerously close to the 'bigotry' he faced at every ground as a player.... You need to face facts - Neil Lennon was hated as a player because of his provocative manner, and the fact he hasn't changed one iota as a manager grates even more. See his loathsome behaviour at Tynecastle for a start. Furthermore, your club are hated because of the nauseating pedestal they put themselves on. Your AGM wasn't critical of general referreeing, it was all this b0llocks about how dare THEY lie to OUR manager. If you push the paranoid angle, with this WE ARE THE GREAT OPPRESSED and SPECIAL FOOTBALL CLUB nonsense, then funnily enough your opponents are going to disagree, aren't they? Quite why you feel the need to start a crusade against those that despise a man whose public image is quite so detestable and a club that appear so fawning and gushing in their belief of moral superiority to everyone else is beyond me as it's is a bit of a waste of time. It's football, it's petty, get over it.

Arch Stanton
13-01-2011, 04:46 PM

I don't believe you. Can you give me one instance out of those myriads of bad decisions you talk about where Celtic said nothing publicly?

As far as I can see Lennon goes mouthing off to the press at every opportunity and for the very reason the the press are far too eager to listen and report.

The best referee in the world in charge of the easiest of games will still make one or two errors and yet you think it heinous that there are 4 or 5 decisions in a match you happen to disagree with.

And by the way - offside by virtue of blocking the keepers view is quite often not given under the 'not interfering' rules- it isn't an anti-Celtic thing! The linesman may know the player is beyond the last defender but is in no position to gauge whether the goalies view is obstructed. This isn't American Football where the officials can get together and agree the correct ruling.

Kaiser1962
13-01-2011, 04:56 PM
How many times did that arse of a centre half fail to control the ball? Brown was screaming at him at one point. Bet he made more errors than Collum.

I don't believe you. Can you give me one instance out of those myriads of bad decisions you talk about where Celtic said nothing publicly?

As far as I can see Lennon goes mouthing off to the press at every opportunity and for the very reason the the press are far too eager to listen and report.

The best referee in the world in charge of the easiest of games will still make one or two errors and yet you think it heinous that there are 4 or 5 decisions in a match you happen to disagree with.

And by the way - offside by virtue of blocking the keepers view is quite often not given under the 'not interfering' rules- it isn't an anti-Celtic thing! The linesman may know the player is beyond the last defender but is in no position to gauge whether the goalies view is obstructed. This isn't American Football where the officials can get together and agree the correct ruling.

FitbaFolkKen
13-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Did Lennon not make out at the start of the season he wanted his players hounding the referee for every decision. That he wanted to develop an absolute siege mentality, "everyone is against us".

Regardless of whether or not decisions have or haven't gone for Celtic noone is interested because it is always apparently against them. Could this stem from the mentality and image they have given themselves.

Seems like it has backfired a bit...although clearly the lesser greens have been fooled by WGP mk 2.

And for any OF fan to claim to be given a hard time by refs is laughable.

givescotlandfreedom
13-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Lennon comes across as a pretty horrible individual. So much so he makes the Hun management look like humans.

Shrekko
13-01-2011, 08:14 PM
When did a big decision last go against Rangers? The fact is they are in serious trouble and their pals at the SFA are helping them out - its alwasy the same

Can you outline exactly how the SFA administer this help? Do the refs receive instruction?

Do you ever sit and contemplate exactly what you imply with your sinister theories? Do refs train for years, out in the pissin rain with the ultimate goal of being able to ref a few games a season where they can give Rangers everything and Celtic nothing?

Guys like you scare me. Well educated, good with words but ultimately with same bigoted views as the knuckle draggers.

Alex Trager
13-01-2011, 09:14 PM

and

Donoif it's been mentioned but cast your mind back to stokes foul on mcspadeface which you got a penalty for yet the exact,and when I say exact I mean EXACT, same foul was made upon a Hibernian player

TRC
13-01-2011, 10:07 PM

McGinn looked like he was shot.............never a pen

jdships
13-01-2011, 10:33 PM
To be honest I doubt Lennon cares about having the respect of other fans.

As it happens there is a great atmosphere in the Celtic dressing room. :agree:

I think you are correct .re his respect
I have been in his company at two private functions ( one whwn he was a player , one as manager) and I don't think he has respect for anyone outside of Celtic FC .
I am sorry to have to say that but that is how he came accross
On the matter of dressing rooms .
If you have ever been in a dressing room after a game , be it whatever sport ,you would know that "what goes round comes round"
I have sat there and had a laugh with the boys how we " got away with that one " ( a penalty decision) and the following week sat bemoaning the fact we didn't get a "stonewaller"

The problem for you appears to be that you think the "world is agin' you" and you need to realise that is how life/sport can be at times ( and always will be) wether you like it or not
I am sure there are many on this forum who will agree that "life can be a bitch" at times be it at work or in sport but you just have to get on with it
Celtic FC should learn to do the same instead of blaming every one else
You are now defending the indefensible please try to lighten up and enjoy life

:wink::greengrin

Sylar
13-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Does someone have a wee violin and maybe a tissue for our dearly beleaguered friend Jack Regan?

Dry yer eyes petal - this concept of victimisation is a well perpetrated myth to disguise the fact that your team is pish :agree:

Removed
13-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Does someone have a wee violin and maybe a tissue for our dearly beleaguered friend Jack Regan?

Dry yer eyes petal - this concept of victimisation is a well perpetrated myth to disguise the fact that your team is pish :agree:

:violin:

Kato
13-01-2011, 10:59 PM
The very fact that Neil Lennon wasn't sent off about 4 dozen times whilst playing for Celtic shows the bias there is towards them (as well as their Glasgow chums) in Scottish football. As a player the guy was a thug, every team needs one but there is no way non-OF teams could employ such a player and expect him to escape suspension time and time again.

Pretty poor show all round from the glasgow teams I say, they are an absolute shower.

ballengeich
13-01-2011, 11:18 PM
When Lennon was a player he specialised on off the ball fouling then complaining to the ref when an opponent retaliated. A genuine hardman gets respect from opponents, but a snide, sneakly clype doesn't. In management he has continued on the same path.

Alex Trager
13-01-2011, 11:20 PM
The very fact that Neil Lennon wasn't sent off about 4 dozen times whilst playing for Celtic shows the bias there is towards them (as well as their Glasgow chums) in Scottish football. As a player the guy was a thug, every team needs one but there is no way non-OF teams could employ such a player and expect him to escape suspension time and time again.

Pretty poor show all round from the glasgow teams I say, they are an absolute shower.
who can't just be crap like the rest of us and not be able to win, cos they're too good so it's clearly that the referees and officials are against them,ALTHOUGH ask a fan of any other Scottish team and they all tend to come up with the same verdict-not that they're pro rangers- but that they're pro old firm andfunnily enough when they win of their own merit there's not a huge fuss about referees why's that? Weird one. But now they're rank rotten and can't win a game so look to the referees to help them, and when they don't give one out of a hundred WRONG decisions their way oooh the whole world is against them

Removed
13-01-2011, 11:22 PM
When Lennon was a player he specialised on off the ball fouling then complaining to the ref when an opponent retaliated. A genuine hardman gets respect from opponents, but a snide, sneakly clype doesn't. In management he has continued on the same path.

Description I'm sure the majority of us will recognise.

Don't think he has the brains or temperament for the press conference either. He'll shoot himself in the foot sooner or later.

Crazyhorse
13-01-2011, 11:44 PM
[QUOTE=JackRegan;2689554]Okay - tell me what bid decisions have went for Celtic thsi season or last that has changed teh game.

Its interesting when posters start listing examples that disprove the bollox that he habitually spouts Jackie bhoy does his usual vanishing act. Cowardly or clueless I don't know but it happens everytime ...

Hibercelona
14-01-2011, 05:23 AM
Why do so many people bite when JackRegan starts spouting his usual Celtc p!sh?

Brizo
14-01-2011, 06:35 AM
Its the manner of Lennons dissent more than the dissent which i find most offensive. The sheer aggressiveness that he displayed on the touchline vs Arabs and Hertz. He is an intelligent guy contrary to his touchline demeanour , possibly one of the most intelligent guys to have played / managed in the recent SPL Im inclined to think he knows exactly what hes doing and can turn it on and off depending on the circumstances. Imo its all quite cynical and id be very surprised if he would lose the plot to the same extent vs the sticky buns knowing the public safety consequences.

hibsbollah
14-01-2011, 07:05 AM
You seem like a sensible football fan jack. Surely you would agree, that with hindsight and a bit of common sense and dignity, the day that George Peat comes out with his little statement to rile Celtic, it would have been perhaps wise for those in power at Celtic to say to Neil Lennon, "Neil......step back from the trenches and get some respect in this argument.....the less you say the more arrogant "they" appear".

No......they allowed Celtic to play a game of football which we all know (as all games of football do) is likely to include the odd debatable decision (for or against Celtic).

For me it is as though Celtic are actually enjoying this argument and getting a great deal of satisfaction from it, rather than being diplomatic and encouraging ALL clubs to get round the table with refs and come to agreements.

And Dr Reid has the most brass plated of brass necks to question integrity and honesty, given his role in one of the most dishonest governments in our history. He would be wise to keep his horrible mouth clamped IMHO.

I agree with all of that aside from the first sentence. Jack is a troll and shouldnt be indulged.

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 07:34 AM

Thats actually fair enough - as I sadi earlier, I think a wee break from teh dugout might be a good thing for Lennon.

As for Reid, I agree with what you say about him, but in this instance I think he's a good guy to have in our ranks, although I think there are others out their with a bit more fortitude who could have done just as well.

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 07:38 AM
IIRC, twice in the season Strachan won the league, both occasions involving Shinsuke Nakamura..............winning a very debatable (i.e never in a million years) free kick v Killie on a Sunday game, and against St Mirren at their place, same season, same player, same outcome.......both goals coming from direct free kicks, both scored, leading to 6 points instead of 2........meaning you went on to win the biggest title in the land (again.....if I recall correctly)

i was wondering when the Nakamure free kick would be brought up!! That was 3 years ago and it was a free kick outside the box!! Hardly a penalty, being given for eff all, or a stonewaller not given, or a goals being allowed to stand that should not!! 3 years ago AND it WAS a free kick - even teh St mirren player said "I just nudged him a bit"

The Killie free kick was the day we won the league - NEARLY 4 YEARS AGO and we were 12 poinst ahead of the huns with 5 games to go. Again - it was a free kick outside the box

Hardly comparable to whats went against us and for teh huns since their troubel shave came to light. Difference is Lennon, unlike Mowbray is not prepared to "take it on teh chin".

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 07:40 AM
[QUOTE=JackRegan;2689554]Okay - tell me what bid decisions have went for Celtic thsi season or last that has changed teh game.

Its interesting when posters start listing examples that disprove the bollox that he habitually spouts Jackie bhoy does his usual vanishing act. Cowardly or clueless I don't know but it happens everytime ...

:rolleyes: So that is what having other, more pressing things to do is called....

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 07:43 AM
I think you are correct .re his respect
I have been in his company at two private functions ( one whwn he was a player , one as manager) and I don't think he has respect for anyone outside of Celtic FC .
I am sorry to have to say that but that is how he came accross
On the matter of dressing rooms .
If you have ever been in a dressing room after a game , be it whatever sport ,you would know that "what goes round comes round"
I have sat there and had a laugh with the boys how we " got away with that one " ( a penalty decision) and the following week sat bemoaning the fact we didn't get a "stonewaller"

The problem for you appears to be that you think the "world is agin' you" and you need to realise that is how life/sport can be at times ( and always will be) wether you like it or not
I am sure there are many on this forum who will agree that "life can be a bitch" at times be it at work or in sport but you just have to get on with it
Celtic FC should learn to do the same instead of blaming every one else You are now defending the indefensible please try to lighten up and enjoy life

:wink::greengrin

JD - I do enjoy life. I have many other pursuits other than my devotion to Celtic FC.

As for the faults of Celtic FC, well I don't think there are many Celtic fans who would not admit that our team has LOADS of weaknesses, I could list them if you want, in fact I am normally quite forthcoming about that on here.

TornadoHibby
14-01-2011, 07:44 AM

Think most non Celtc fans would support this view some perhaps more strongly than others! :agree:

He was a horrible little scrote as a player and has only become even more so since he was somehow given the manager's role at Celtc. :agree:

Its difficult to think of others in similar positions in football to him who show such nasty aggression and hatred as this guy to others, mainly those in authority (incl referees!) ,and those eyes of his in interview situations seem to be devoid of any emotion whatsoever as he defends/supports lost (conspiracy) causes when everyone else just doesn't see in the situations what he seems to! :cool2:

I hope we spank them good and proper tomorrow but a single goal win would be good enough for me tbh! :wink:

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 07:45 AM
The very fact that Neil Lennon wasn't sent off about 4 dozen times whilst playing for Celtic shows the bias there is towards them (as well as their Glasgow chums) in Scottish football. As a player the guy was a thug, every team needs one but there is no way non-OF teams could employ such a player and expect him to escape suspension time and time again. Pretty poor show all round from the glasgow teams I say, they are an absolute shower.

Ian Black?
Ross Tokely?
Stephen Craigan?

I could name a lot more from down the years.

Also Mickey Weir was not shy in having fly off the ball digs and dare I say it Scott Brown?

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Myth my erse, Reid was discussing at your AGM.

That is not a public meeting though.

Kaiser1962
14-01-2011, 07:48 AM
I did bring up the Stokes tackle on Papac when you asked when had Celtic benefitted, or Rangers been the victim of, a bad decision, but you have noticeably chosen not to answer. Nuff said. :cool2:

i was wondering when the Nakamure free kick would be brought up!! That was 3 years ago and it was a free kick outside the box!! Hardly a penalty, being given for eff all, or a stonewaller not given, or a goals being allowed to stand that should not!! 3 years ago AND it WAS a free kick - even teh St mirren player said "I just nudged him a bit"

The Killie free kick was the day we won the league - NEARLY 4 YEARS AGO and we were 12 poinst ahead of the huns with 5 games to go. Again - it was a free kick outside the box

Hardly comparable to whats went against us and for teh huns since their troubel shave came to light. Difference is Lennon, unlike Mowbray is not prepared to "take it on teh chin".

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 07:49 AM

Now, how doe sthat explain all the decisons when Mowbray was boss?

TornadoHibby
14-01-2011, 07:51 AM
Ian Black?
Ross Tokely?
Stephen Craigan?

I could name a lot more from down the years.

Also Mickey Weir was not shy in having fly off the ball digs and dare I say it Scott Brown?

Alan Thompson anyone for perhaps the most cynical and cowardly such type! :agree:

Never forget the day he set out to hurt Scott Brown in front of the West Stand at ER with a sole of the boot over the ball "assault" and actually fractured SB's leg IIRC! :confused:

Another arrogant horrible cretin of a scrote! :cool2:

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 07:51 AM
Can you outline exactly how the SFA administer this help? Do the refs receive instruction?

Do you ever sit and contemplate exactly what you imply with your sinister theories? Do refs train for years, out in the pissin rain with the ultimate goal of being able to ref a few games a season where they can give Rangers everything and Celtic nothing?

Guys like you scare me. Well educated, good with words but ultimately with same bigoted views as the knuckle draggers.

What bigoted views have I espoused here? What group of people have I made bigotted remarks about?

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 07:53 AM
Alan Thompson anyone for perhaps the most cynical and cowardly such type! :agree:

Never forget the day he set out to hurt Scott Brown in front of the West Stand at ER with a sole of the boot over the ball "assault" and actually fractured SB's leg IIRC! :confused:

See - I actually agree with you here. Tommo WAS a dirty ******* and MUCH worse than Lennon. If he got the treatment Lennon did, I would actually see why.

However, he never and the press hardly ever mentioned him.

Lennon was booed and singled out virtually from the day he arrived in Scotland.

TornadoHibby
14-01-2011, 07:56 AM
See - I actually agree with you here. Tommo WAS a dirty ******* and MUCH worse than Lennon. If he got the treatment Lennon did, I would actually see why.

However, he never and the press hardly ever mentioned him.

Lennon was booed and singled out virtually from the day he arrived in Scotland.

And justifiably so too IMO! :agree:

See my post no 78 above for more! :wink:

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 07:58 AM
Jack, what were you insinuating when you queried why Lennon gets so much 'hate' compared to previous Celtic managers? Sounded like we were going dangerously close to the 'bigotry' he faced at every ground as a player.... You need to face facts - Neil Lennon was hated as a player because of his provocative manner, and the fact he hasn't changed one iota as a manager grates even more. See his loathsome behaviour at Tynecastle for a start. Furthermore, your club are hated because of the nauseating pedestal they put themselves on. Your AGM wasn't critical of general referreeing, it was all this b0llocks about how dare THEY lie to OUR manager. If you push the paranoid angle, with this WE ARE THE GREAT OPPRESSED and SPECIAL FOOTBALL CLUB nonsense, then funnily enough your opponents are going to disagree, aren't they? Quite why you feel the need to start a crusade against those that despise a man whose public image is quite so detestable and a club that appear so fawning and gushing in their belief of moral superiority to everyone else is beyond me as it's is a bit of a waste of time. It's football, it's petty, get over it.

Why did he not get this in England then? Why has he been teh victim of two assualts, neitehr of which were actually condemned in teh rpess? Why did he get death threats from Ulster loyalists?

To this end, Neil Lennon was then painted as some demonic figure by a few individuals in the press, granted he has on occasion not done himself any favouirs but guys like Bill Leckie have went totally overboard, indeed Neil Lennon cites him as one of the main protagonists here.

This has then led to him being singled out by fans for "treatment" but not necessarily down to bigotry. For instance, why would Dunfemline fans boo him on only his 8th game in Scotland? Why would Partick thislte fans boo him, or St Mirren fans on his first appearance against them?

sunshine1875
14-01-2011, 08:01 AM
I have to say the reason why I can't stand Lennon, more than most, is all down to the day that he played the sectarian card.

Up to that point, he was just an annoying opposing player many of which have been part of our game before Lennon and after Lennon. We all had our 'hate' figure for a variety of reasons. Every club has them.

But when he claimed that the reason that people jeered him was because he was an Northern Irish Catholic, well that got to me. No, I didn't like him because he was a dirty, aggressive in-your-face runt, exactly what we could probably do with at ER now. The Celtic fans loved this talk, but it switched off my sympathy vote. His attitude since that date has done nothing to reduce my hatred for this person.

Now, I am all for free speech and all that. But when a Celtic fan comes on this forum to have a go at Hibs fans, I really do get annoyed at this. Let us not forget that the worlds greatest fans came to Easter Road one day and when Ivan Sproule (less than a couple of weeks after he hit the headlines for scoring a hat-trick against the Rangers team that he once loved) went close to the corner flag in front of the celtic fans the hatred that was poured out by the majority of fans was shocking. I remembered thinking why at the time, after all he just scored at hatrick at Ibrox. Stupid me - it was only because he was Northern Irish and also said he was a Rangers fan in his youth.

The same Celtic fans that threw a gas canastic into the fans at ER, FFS. The same Celtic fans that after the Hibs fans has run onto the pitch to escape the gases, started singing in mass celebration mocking the Hibs fans "We are Celtic supporters".

JackRegan, you are welcome to our forum, but don't you dare question the motives of Hibs fans. Let he without sin, cast the first stone!

Shrekko
14-01-2011, 08:03 AM
What bigoted views have I espoused here? What group of people have I made bigotted remarks about?

It's more an assumption to be fair- just like some of your insinuations and assumptions.

You've not answered my query about how the SFA administers help to Rangers.

I'll actually answer one of your points though. Scott Brown and Mickey Weir used to get booed and abused at every ground they went to while Hibs players. Riordan gets similar- he was getting it from Ayr United supporters on Saturday. Certain players just wind fans up-same down south with Robbie Savage etc. Lennon always gives the impression that he thinks he's bigger than the game up here- as a player and manager. He may be a nice guy but his football persona winds folk up. Some bigots from the other side will abuse him because of his 'background' but it's disgusting to imply thats why he gets abuse at every ground.

johnrebus
14-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Why did he not get this in England then? Why has he been teh victim of two assualts, neitehr of which were actually condemned in teh rpess? Why did he get death threats from Ulster loyalists?

To this end, Neil Lennon was then painted as some demonic figure by a few individuals in the press, granted he has on occasion not done himself any favouirs but guys like Bill Leckie have went totally overboard, indeed Neil Lennon cites him as one of the main protagonists here.

This has then led to him being singled out by fans for "treatment" but not necessarily down to bigotry. For instance, why would Dunfemline fans boo him on only his 8th game in Scotland? Why would Partick thislte fans boo him, or St Mirren fans on his first appearance against them?

Ok Jack.

Why do you think that Lennon is despised by just about every non Celtic football fan in the country?

:I'm waiti

jdships
14-01-2011, 08:08 AM
JD - I do enjoy life. I have many other pursuits other than my devotion to Celtic FC.

As for the faults of Celtic FC, well I don't think there are many Celtic fans who would not admit that our team has LOADS of weaknesses, I could list them if you want, in fact I am normally quite forthcoming about that on here.

There you are now - you have lightened up and what a nice bloke you really are :wink::wink:
My last word on this is that all teams from Barcelona to the lowest amateur team suffer from refereeing errors .
That is inevitable as it is a "HUMAN BEING" who is officiating :greengrin
As I said previously we were , as young players, taught/advised to accept that decisions would go against us as they would for us .
"Dissent" was frowned upon by the manager .
Notice the difference in both Rugby Union and League
Will now just watch and read comments on this thread as there can be no "winner"

:flag:

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 08:10 AM
I have to say the reason why I can't stand Lennon, more than most, is all down to the day that he played the sectarian card.

Up to that point, he was just an annoying opposing player many of which have been part of our game before Lennon and after Lennon. We all had our 'hate' figure for a variety of reasons. Every club has them.

But when he claimed that the reason that people jeered him was because he was an Northern Irish Catholic, well that got to me. No, I didn't like him because he was a dirty, aggressive in-your-face runt, exactly what we could probably do with at ER now. The Celtic fans loved this talk, but it switched off my sympathy vote. His attitude since that date has done nothing to reduce my hatred for this person.

Now, I am all for free speech and all that. But when a Celtic fan comes on this forum to have a go at Hibs fans, I really do get annoyed at this. Let us not forget that the worlds greatest fans came to Easter Road one day and when Ivan Sproule (less than a couple of weeks after he hit the headlines for scoring a hat-trick against the Rangers team that he once loved) went close to the corner flag in front of the celtic fans the hatred that was poured out by the majority of fans was shocking. I remembered thinking why at the time, after all he just scored at hatrick at Ibrox. Stupid me - it was only because he was Northern Irish and also said he was a Rangers fan in his youth.

The same Celtic fans that threw a gas canastic into the fans at ER, FFS. The same Celtic fans that after the Hibs fans has run onto the pitch to escape the gases, started singing in mass celebration mocking the Hibs fans "We are Celtic supporters".

JackRegan, you are welcome to our forum, but don't you dare question the motives of Hibs fans. Let he without sin, cast the first stone!

i've not had a go at Hibs fans!! I was questioning why he is "Hated" and not once did I say that Hibs fans hated him because of him bein an irish Catholic.

But if you are seriously suggesting that Lennon was wrong to say that he is singled out by some because of this then you are deluded.

it was weird to hear the boos when they started. Totally weird.

They happened in his first game at Dens Park and we were all like WTF??

The next time it happened was February 2001 at East End Park - it was after he had first got booed for playing for NI. I don't tknow why the pars fans did it - was its ome sort of copycat thing? I think it was their idea of a laugh. That game was live n TV and after that it happened at every game.

But for you to suggest that Lennon is wrong to say his Nationality and/or Religion are a cause of it is naive and I'm being kind here.

Lucius Apuleius
14-01-2011, 08:11 AM

Ok Jack.

Why do you think that Lennon is despised by just about every non Celtic football fan in the country?

John, I actually think he has answered his own question to be honest mate. If Dunfemline hate you and you are not from Falkirk then you really do have a problem!!! The man is odious.

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 08:12 AM
There you are now - you have lightened up and what a nice bloke you really are :wink::wink:
My last word on this is that all teams from Barcelona to the lowest amateur team suffer from refereeing errors .
That is inevitable as it is a "HUMAN BEING" who is officiating :greengrin
As I said previously we were , as young players, taught/advised to accept that decisions would go against us as they would for us .
"Dissent" was frowned upon by the manager .
Notice the difference in both Rugby Union and League
Will now just watch and read comments on this thread as there can be no "winner"

I am not disputing that, my point is that there seems to be one team that seems to benefit more than most from these errors. And its glaring errors at that which benefit them most.

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 08:13 AM
[QUOTE=johnrebus;2690119]

John, I actually think he has answered his own question to be honest mate. If Dunfemline hate you and you are not from Falkirk then you really do have a problem!!! The man is odious.

So how was his "odiousness" established on his first game at Dens, or in his first game v Dunfermline, in what was his 8th game for Celtic?

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 08:17 AM

Also, Chris Sutton hardly got a peep as well and he truly was, off the park as well unlike Lennon, an absolute **** of a man.

However, the press never made much currency from any of his transgressions.

johnrebus
14-01-2011, 08:17 AM
[QUOTE=johnrebus;2690119]

Yes, but Jack Regan seems to think that everybody hates Lennon because he is a Roman Catholic from Northern Ireland.

The trouble with the likes of Jack Regan is that they have this inbread West Coast thing that all football fans in Scotland really have an allegiance to one or other of the Old Firm and nothing outside of their sordid little biggoted world matters.

To Jack and his likes, every single non Celtic fan from Stranraer to Dingwall is a closet Hun.

Sad.

:rolleyes:

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 08:19 AM
[QUOTE=Lucius Apuleius;2690127]

Yes, but Jack Regan seems to think that everybody hates Lennon because he is a Roman Catholic from Northern Ireland.

The trouble with the likes of Jack Regan is that they have this inbread West Coast thing that all football fans in Scotland really have an allegiance to one or other of the Old Firm and nothing outside of their sordid little biggoted world matters.

To Jack and his likes, every single non Celtic fan from Stranraer to Dingwall is a closet Hun.

Sad.

I don't see how you could draw that conclusion if you read my post, when I said the opposite!

As for yoru last sentence, I don't think even you really believes that. again, I don't see hwo you could draw that conclusion from any of my posts.

johnrebus
14-01-2011, 08:21 AM
[QUOTE=johnrebus;2690136]

I don't see how you could draw that conclusion if you read my post, when I said the opposite!As for yoru last sentence, I don't think even you really believes that. again, I don't see hwo you could draw that conclusion from any of my posts.

Ok Jack, I'll ask you again.

Please spell out exactly why you think Lennon is despised so much?

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 08:24 AM
[QUOTE=johnrebus;2690136]

I don't see how you could draw that conclusion if you read my post, when I said the opposite!

As for yoru last sentence, I don't think even you really believes that. again, I don't see how you could draw that conclusion from any of my posts.

Anyway, i've said my bit, I have work to do and I have a rammy to attend to on a Celtic messagebord. I am dealing with some loonball who thinks Joe Ledley is a football player!!

I'll be back on Monday. :bye:

johnrebus
14-01-2011, 08:26 AM
[QUOTE=JackRegan;2690138]

Anyway, i've said my bit, I have work to do and I have a rammy to attend to on a Celtic messagebord. I am dealing with some loonball who thinks Joe Ledley is a football player!!

I'll be back on Monday. :bye:

That's twice now you refused to come up with your reasons why you think Lennon is so reviled.

Let us know on Monday.

matty_f
14-01-2011, 08:30 AM
I don't like neil lennon because he's a w***er. It's as straight forward as that. Almost everyone I know that doesn't like him does so for that very same reason.

JimBHibees
14-01-2011, 08:35 AM

Which everyman and their dog would know would be reported publicly therego raising it in public.

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 08:39 AM
[QUOTE=JackRegan;2690138]

Ok Jack, I'll ask you again.

Please spell out exactly why you think Lennon is despised so much?

Okay - For some it is plain and simply the fact that he's a successful Irish Catholic.

For other, like why he incurred a wrath among clubs liek Dundee, Partick, Dunfermline etc virtually from the word go? I think the instance at East End Park, was purely a copycat act by the Pars fans. They are not bigots - it was after he got booed at Windsor Park and they thought it would be a laugh after that. It kinda stuck.

But there is another factor behind it and here it is. Apart from 97/98 and some good, but ultimatley trophyless seasons under Tommy Burns :not worth Celtic had been murder for years. But here we were, under O'Neill gubbing and I mean hammering all before us, with a bit of arrogance not previosuly seen in Celtic sides.

This was a side that was easy to dislike. They could play a bit, they could mix it, they were hard and they had a swagger (even before Lennon came in in late November). This team started to be disliked immensley, but it needed that panto villan, it needed its Bette Noir.

Lennon comes in - an easy guy to pick out on the park. He is also what many consider to be a start raving typical Tim. A microcosm of some of the Brendan O'Bombthrower, Away Day Provo types who also happen to love this "ubertim" playing in a successful Celtic side.

You now have your hate figure.

The press Corps now hate him and as even Fraser Wishart said "everything Neil does is poured over by sections of the press, everything Neil Lennon does something wrong it seems to be a bigger crime because it was Neil Lennon who did it".

Fast Forward to when he got beaten up by two gusy who had a big list of previous.

That rodent Ewan Cameron on Real Radio (with a clear ignorance of Scottish judicial process) said "the fact that he's no pressin' charges tells me he must have instigated it" and then the Sun produced a cartoon making fun of the fact he had been hospitalised.

Do you think thats right? Do you think that would have been teh case had Walter smith taken a kicking?

I think we both know that the answer to that is a No.

Anyway, its been good. Cheers.

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 08:41 AM
I don't like neil lennon because he's a w***er. It's as straight forward as that. Almost everyone I know that doesn't like him does so for that very same reason.

Fair enough Matty, but I am talking about the vitriolic hatred among some.

Clearly you don't think enough of him to even hate him.

Jack Regan likes your status. :greengrin

Arch Stanton
14-01-2011, 08:49 AM
I know this is a football forum and have come to expect there to be all sorts of unthinking vitriol on all manner of subjects. However I have always found there to be a few voices of reason who would express a more considered view point to counter these.

The one exception here is Neil Lennon - the condemnation of him is universal. And alright, Jack Regan is an exception but I have come to the conclusion that his opinions are worthless as are Celtic's attempts to undermine Scottish referees.

Expecting Rain
14-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Neil Lennon has been behaving like an arrogant bully on the touchline, you only have to look at his face and his body language when he`s not happy with the officials.
My biggest fear is that by his playing of the paranoia and conspiracy cards Hibs will suffer as a consequence, the game is as important to us as it is to Celtic, he has already influenced this match.
Whilst he is sitting in the stand he should have a good look at himself and try to modify the way he carries on, at the moment he and Kyle Lafferty are the biggest jokes in Scottish football.

sunshine1875
14-01-2011, 08:59 AM
i've not had a go at Hibs fans!! I was questioning why he is "Hated" and not once did I say that Hibs fans hated him because of him bein an irish Catholic.

But if you are seriously suggesting that Lennon was wrong to say that he is singled out by some because of this then you are deluded.

it was weird to hear the boos when they started. Totally weird.

They happened in his first game at Dens Park and we were all like WTF??

The next time it happened was February 2001 at East End Park - it was after he had first got booed for playing for NI. I don't tknow why the pars fans did it - was its ome sort of copycat thing? I think it was their idea of a laugh. That game was live n TV and after that it happened at every game.

But for you to suggest that Lennon is wrong to say his Nationality and/or Religion are a cause of it is naive and I'm being kind here.

What are you trying to say. That Dundee fans also hate Lennon because he is an Northern Irish Catholic. You really are having a laugh. You need to get out of this mindset that most people in the east link football and religion.

No, the Dundee fans and the Pars fans and the Falkirk fans and the Aberdeen fans etc etc will have booed him because he was a well known figure who has come up from England who is an annoying in-your-face runt. Nothing to do with religion full-stop.

So what about Sproule, why are the worlds greatest fans displaying so much hatred against him weeks after he scores a hatrick at Ibrox?

Sutton, I booed him just as much as Lennon, but in the dislike stakes he was not as bad as Lennon. And I assure you that has nothing to do with his nationality or religion.

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2011, 09:02 AM
[QUOTE=johnrebus;2690140]

Okay - For some it is plain and simply the fact that he's a successful Irish Catholic.

For other, like why he incurred a wrath among clubs liek Dundee, Partick, Dunfermline etc virtually from the word go? I think the instance at East End Park, was purely a copycat act by the Pars fans. They are not bigots - it was after he got booed at Windsor Park and they thought it would be a laugh after that. It kinda stuck.

But there is another factor behind it and here it is. Apart from 97/98 and some good, but ultimatley trophyless seasons under Tommy Burns :not worth Celtic had been murder for years. But here we were, under O'Neill gubbing and I mean hammering all before us, with a bit of arrogance not previosuly seen in Celtic sides.

This was a side that was easy to dislike. They could play a bit, they could mix it, they were hard and they had a swagger (even before Lennon came in in late November). This team started to be disliked immensley, but it needed that panto villan, it needed its Bette Noir.

Lennon comes in - an easy guy to pick out on the park. He is also what many consider to be a start raving typical Tim. A microcosm of some of the Brendan O'Bombthrower, Away Day Provo types who also happen to love this "ubertim" playing in a successful Celtic side.

The press Corps now hate him and as even Fraser Wishart said "everything Neil does is poured over by sections of the press, everything Neil Lennon does something wrong it seems to be a bigger crime because it was Neil Lennon who did it".

Fast Forward to when he got beaten up by two gusy who had a big list of previous.

That rodent Ewan Cameron on Real Radio (with a clear ignorance of Scottish judicial process) said "the fact that he's no pressin' charges tells me he must have instigated it" and then the Sun produced a cartoon making fun of the fact he had been hospitalised.

Do you think thats right? Do you think that would have been teh case had Walter smith taken a kicking?

Dear god. :bitchy: I didn't even know he was catholic, in fact i wrongly assumed he was from the other side because of where he was from.:rolleyes:

JimBHibees
14-01-2011, 09:15 AM

Get over yourself FFS.

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 09:26 AM
[QUOTE=JackRegan;2690158]

Dear god. :bitchy: I didn't even know he was catholic, in fact i wrongly assumed he was from the other side because of where he was from.:rolleyes:

Same as me funnily enough

Twas the Daily Record that made the point of mentioning it.

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 09:26 AM

Get over yourself FFS.

Deep man. Deep.

M11BMO
14-01-2011, 09:27 AM

Not for me. I also hate Davie Weir. But that's a different story...:rolleyes:

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 09:31 AM
What are you trying to say. That Dundee fans also hate Lennon because he is an Northern Irish Catholic. You really are having a laugh. You need to get out of this mindset that most people in the east link football and religion.

No, the Dundee fans and the Pars fans and the Falkirk fans and the Aberdeen fans etc etc will have booed him because he was a well known figure who has come up from England who is an annoying in-your-face runt. Nothing to do with religion full-stop.

So what about Sproule, why are the worlds greatest fans displaying so much hatred against him weeks after he scores a hatrick at Ibrox?

Sutton, I booed him just as much as Lennon, but in the dislike stakes he was not as bad as Lennon. And I assure you that has nothing to do with his nationality or religion.

I never said that. :rolleyes:

Sproule was booed by dafties because he was a hun from NI. No getting awya from that.

Lastly Sutton (who I loved playing for Celtic) is a reprehensible individual, Neil Lennon is actually a very personable individual and a good guy off the pithc, whereas Sutton is the same off teh pitch. He is a snide, arrogant, rude bully of a person.

BTW I remember a game at ER in August 2001, where we were 4 up after about 20 minutes before getting the slippers on and the cigars out, where EVERY Celtic player semed to get booed louder each time the ball was passed to them. :greengrin

matty_f
14-01-2011, 09:36 AM

Sproule was booed by dafties because he was a hun from NI. No getting awya from that.

Lastly Sutton (who I loved playing for Celtic) is a reprehensible individual, Neil Lennon is actually a very personable individual and a good guy off the pithc, whereas Sutton is the same off teh pitch. He is a snide, arrogant, rude bully of a person.

BTW I remember a game at ER in August 2001, where we were 4 up after about 20 minutes before getting the slippers on and the cigars out, where EVERY Celtic player semed to get booed louder each time the ball was passed to them. :greengrin
I can mind brown knocking in the third against you at darkheid, and you could hear a pin drop while we were getting the cigars out.
funny ol' world.

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2011, 09:37 AM

Your fans are daftys, but anyone who has a pop at Lennon is a bigot?:rolleyes:

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Your fans are daftys, but anyone who has a pop at Lennon is a bigot?:rolleyes:

I think i have said that this is NOT the case in at least 3 posts in this thread.

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 10:06 AM
I can mind brown knocking in the third against you at darkheid, and you could hear a pin drop while we were getting the cigars out.
funny ol' world.

Fair enough Matty.

I bet in true Edinburgh style you all had a real blow out, a real "rerr terr" as we say in Glasgow.

Couple of pints of "Spesh" and a White Pudding between 4 of you was it?

You guys are wild wacky zany funsters through in the East Coast. :thumbsup:

hibeenicol
14-01-2011, 10:11 AM
Fair enough Matty.

I bet in true Edinburgh style you all had a real blow out, a real "rerr terr" as we say in Glasgow.

Can we not just launch this Troll? Couldn't see blueisthecolour getting away with the pish this clowns spouting. Or anyone else infact.

matty_f
14-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Fair enough Matty.

No, seeing as we were in Glasgow we went with the natives - got out our faces on jellies and buckfast, went for a wee chore, stabbed some folk, then spent the rest of our lives avoiding soap and bugging the thruppenies off of everyone else on the planet.

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2011, 10:22 AM

I think i have said that this is NOT the case in at least 3 posts in this thread.

For some it is plain and simply the fact that he's a successful Irish Catholic.

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 10:24 AM
No, seeing as we were in Glasgow we went with the natives - got out our faces on jellies and buckfast, went for a wee chore, stabbed some folk, then spent the rest of our lives avoiding soap and bugging the thruppenies off of everyone else on the planet.

Kwalitae Man. Git right in aboot it, know?

Sounds like a no bad night. So it does. :greengrin

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 10:27 AM
For some it is plain and simply the fact that he's a successful Irish Catholic.

The clue is in the words "For Some". "For Some" like those loveable uber hun, Billy Union Jack loyalist, bowler hat types that hang about Paisley Road West, Larkhall, Harthill and one horse towns in Ayrshire.

Had the words "For Some" not been there you may have had a point.

Are you seriosuly suggesting then, that this is not a reason "For some"?

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Can we not just launch this Troll? Couldn't see blueisthecolour getting away with the pish this clowns spouting. Or anyone else infact.

That was banter. Not funny, but an attempt all the same.

Secondly, I am not a "troll". The other stuff I post are my sincere opinions.

You might find that worrying, but I do try and be honest. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2011, 10:34 AM
The clue is in the words "For Some". "For Some" like those loveable uber hun, Billy Union Jack loyalist, bowler hat types that hang about Paisley Road West, Larkhall, Harthill and one horse towns in Ayrshire.

Had the words "For Some" not been there you may have had a point.

Are you seriosuly suggesting then, that this is not a reason "For some"?

I'm sure that is the reason, although its certainly not the reason why i or any Hibs fan i know detests the man. Its probably because we are just wee daftys, it cant be because we are bigots eh?

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 10:49 AM
I'm sure that is the reason, although its certainly not the reason why i or any Hibs fan i know detests the man. Its probably because we are just wee daftys, it cant be because we are bigots eh?

No and apologies for not putting it in terms that were easier to understand.

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2011, 11:01 AM
No and apologies for not putting it in terms that were easier to understand.

Away and sheite, you call your fans daftys, i call them bigots well some of them.

johnrebus
14-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Admit it Jack.

Your real name is Dr Michael Kelly, isn't it?

Hibs Class
14-01-2011, 11:19 AM

I spotted Jack Regan use Walter nosurname's surname - do I win a prize? (or does the lack of capitalisation provide a get-out?) :greengrin

matty_f
14-01-2011, 11:21 AM

I spotted Jack Regan use Walter nosurname's surname - do I win a prize? (or does the lack of capitalisation provide a get-out?) :greengrin
You can decide if we launch him or not... :greengrin

Hibs Class
14-01-2011, 11:23 AM
[QUOTE=2468;2690358]
You can decide if we launch him or not... :greengrin

(actually I don't mind him - he can be entertaining and I like the fact that we "welcome" all kind of unfortunates to our board)

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Admit it Jack.

Your real name is Dr Michael Kelly, isn't it?

No. I spent large chunks of time between 1990 and 1994, trying to get him out of my club.

JackRegan
14-01-2011, 11:30 AM

I'll never make that mistake again. :wink:

rubber mal
14-01-2011, 11:31 AM

:agree: Spot on.

Jim44
14-01-2011, 12:44 PM
I see Calderwood has come out in support of Lennon saying he sympathises with him. No big deal but not psychologically sound with a big game against them tomorrow.

Hibs Class
14-01-2011, 01:02 PM
I see Calderwood has come out in support of Lennon saying he sympathises with him. No big deal but not psychologically sound with a big game against them tomorrow.

I would have preferred CC to note that he was there to talk about Hibs and not other clubs. The press were typically sniffing for yet another angle to an OF story and CC would have been better saying nothing. He may have made a rod for his own back for any time in the future when he is asked about matters relating to other clubs.

aberhibsfc
14-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Despite the potential loss of points, i'm not looking forward to this Hibsnil game. Next week will be awash with how unfair they have been treated and will probably feature a referee in a mocked Hibs kit.

The world is not out to get them but they are out to get the world. Anything that doesn't get sucked into the Celtc blackhole is against them. The only people that need to be Celtc minded are people associated with the club. Everyone else will be interested in their own or neutral.

Infamy, Infamy, they've all got it in for one side of the OFinfamy.

The_Todd
14-01-2011, 06:39 PM

You're either on drugs or at it if you think Lennon's treatment of referees is anything like comparable to any other SPL manager.

Bad Martini
14-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Sick of Lennon's constant moaning greeting faced lassie-esque ****ING whinging!

Man, he's the proverbial burst record.

I hate rangers more than anything else on the planet but just to shut HIS puss, I almost (almost) would like to see them turn over celtc. That said, I wouldnae go as far as to say I give a **** as they are both cheeks of the same unwashed arse.

Sufficeth to say, they can all away and throw sheite at themselves together, the poor auld firm.

They can awa and **** off and take their biggotry and moaning wi them.

We turned over the huns. We could (theoretically, with lots of luck and some miracles) turn over celtc anaw and I for one hope we do nicely tomorrow...3 goals would be braw, fi Deek, to ram it right up them.

CELTIC, RANGERS AND AW YER MOANING AND YER PISH GTF

ENDOF

aberhibsfc
14-01-2011, 07:12 PM

I hate rangers more than anything else on the planet but just to shut HIS puss, I almost (almost) would like to see them turn over celtc. That said, I wouldnae go as far as to say I give a **** as they are both cheeks of the same unwashed arse.

Sufficeth to say, they can all away and throw sheite at themselves together, the poor auld firm.

We turned over the huns. We could (theoretically, with lots of luck and some miracles) turn over celtc anaw and I for one hope we do nicely tomorrow...3 goals would be braw, fi Deek, to ram it right up them.

ENDOF

FACT!!

ps, that's my 1st fact post, ah the power.

Arch Stanton
14-01-2011, 07:13 PM

ENDOF

Cue Jack coming in with a comradely word or two making out that there really is a conspiracy against Celtic.

From my point of view however there is no comradeship between Jack and Hibs supporters unless and until he accepts that Scottish referees are decent, honourable and in varying degrees pretty competent individuals.

Cmon Jack - quit cherry picking all the little bad decisions against Celtic - are you, or are you not, opposed to all the people on this board who support our referees?

Holmesdale Hibs
14-01-2011, 08:24 PM
You're either on drugs or at it if you think Lennon's treatment of referees is anything like comparable to any other SPL manager.

:agree: and I saw him denying that Stylian Petrov used to dive on another thread. Normally loyalty should be commended but I'm not sure in this case.

As for tomorrow, I hope our first goal is offside, our second doesn't cross the line and our third is a from a penalty given for a foul outside the box.

Lennon is such an utter prick I actually want the current buns to win the league this year (assuming our chance is now gone). That's how much I despise him. A total disgrace to the SPL. Any sane Celtic fan should be ashamed and demand his resignation.

Jim44
14-01-2011, 08:29 PM
:agree: and I saw him denying that Stylian Petrov used to dive on another thread. Normally loyalty should be commended but I'm not sure in this case.

As for tomorrow, I hope our first goal is offside, our second doesn't cross the line and our third is a from a penalty given for a foul outside the box.

Lennon is such an utter prick I actually want the current buns to win the league this year (assuming our chance is now gone). That's how much I despise him. A total disgrace to the SPL. Any sane Celtic fan should be ashamed and demand his resignation.

'sane Celtic fan' - I think that's what you call a good example of an oxymoron.

keep the faith
14-01-2011, 09:26 PM

ENDOF

:thumbsup: Now that made me laugh out loud. And I second that FACT!!!

new malkyhib
14-01-2011, 09:57 PM

Desperate comment...

If (and it's a big IF) Hibs were ever challenging for the league, and we got close to the OF, and IF we had a manager that was an ungracious tw*t that debated every decision against us, then the West of Scotland press would have a field day.

Your team is crap, you, like your mates in Govan don't want to be here, so your outlet when things go against you is referees - care to mention Dun Utd's game against Rangers at Ibrox with Utd's 2 disallowed goals Jack?

Nah, thought not...

Just a closing thought, do you think Hibs will get a sniff of a borderline decision tomorrow after your manager's rantings this week?

bighairyfaeleith
14-01-2011, 10:10 PM
See when the ball accidentally hits of the ref and bounces into the celtic net tomorrow, I'll literally piss my pants. Of course I'll go home and have a wash, change my trousers and then head back out. But hey thats what separates us eh Jack!!!

The Harp
14-01-2011, 10:47 PM
When Lennon got the job in the Celtc hot seat I thought he came over pretty well in his early interviews. However, any respect I had for him has gone completely since he started this continual whingeing. Mind you, it's probably the actions of a desperate man stooping to any level to hold on to his job. No time for the moaning faced wee git now at all.

The Falcon
14-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Lennon is reviled because he is a cheat. He cheated when he played and continues as a manager. He is from NI where sectarianism is a cancer. In Scotland its a business and he works for a club that has a vested financial interest in stoking the sectarian emotions and sense of persecution felt by one particular half.

He uses those raw sectarian passions to mask his, and his clubs, inadequacies and to cover the decline, evidenced by their annual European humiliation, of a once powerful institution.

Lennon plays his part in deflecting responsibility well. He knows the nutters are going to persecute some poor ref and his family but does it anyway.

That is why I revile Neil Lennon Jack.

lapsedhibee
15-01-2011, 06:44 AM
Lennon is reviled because he is a cheat. He cheated when he played and continues as a manager. He is from NI where sectarianism is a cancer. In Scotland its a business and he works for a club that has a vested financial interest in stoking the sectarian emotions and sense of persecution felt by one particular half.

He uses those raw sectarian passions to mask his, and his clubs, inadequacies and to cover the decline, evidenced by their annual European humiliation, of a once powerful institution.

Lennon plays his part in deflecting responsibility well. He knows the nutters are going to persecute some poor ref and his family but does it anyway.

That is why I revile Neil Lennon Jack.

I've never liked him since he head-butted the sole of that much-loved national institution Alan Shearer's foot.