PDA

View Full Version : Leigh Griffiths rumours finally over...

Miller33
12-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Thats right, finally we can put and end to any rumours involving him, he's signing for Wolves and is having his medical with them tomorrow afternoon, would have loved to see him sign for us but im delighted for him, and think he'll score a fair few goals down south. :agree:

Judas Iscariot
12-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Suprised at that..

Can't see him even getting a game

M11BMO
12-01-2011, 04:30 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-first/dundee/220081-griffiths-on-verge-of-wolves-switch/

PaulSmith
12-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Suprised at that..

Neither do I but I'm sure several thousand pounds a week and a loan move next year will see him ok.

Miller33
12-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Suprised at that..

He's still only 20 years old and has still alot to learn but im sure he'll learn alot down in the Premiership. He's delighted.

GordonHFC
12-01-2011, 04:43 PM
He's still only 20 years old and has still alot to learn but im sure he'll learn alot down in the Premiership. He's delighted.

Dont think he will be in the premiership long though.

ancient hibee
12-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Isn't he about 2ft shorter and 3 stones lighter than anybody at Wolves?

Miller33
12-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Dont think he will be in the premiership long though.

Thats alright, I'm a Liverpool fan, I'll be blagging tickets off him for Wolves v Liverpool in the Championship next season!

Beefster
12-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Good luck to the lad. At least it will put an end to him being linked to Hibs for a season or two.

Ritchie
12-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Thats alright, I'm a Liverpool fan, I'll be blagging tickets off him for Wolves v Liverpool in the Championship next season!

Bagsy being your +1

Cropley10
12-01-2011, 05:10 PM
From, "not good enough for Hibs/not what we need right now etc ..."

straight to:

"We could never have competed with the wages on offer"

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Dont think he will be in the premiership long though.<br />
<br />we should try and get him on loan before the window shuts........

ancient hibee
12-01-2011, 05:24 PM
<br />
<br />we should try and get him on loan before the window shuts........
Dundee will try and get him back on loan.

greenlex
12-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Dundee will try and get him back on loan.
Are they allowed being in administration?

adhibs
12-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Good luck to the lad. At least it will put an end to him being linked to Hibs for a season or two.

I doubt it. Next summer it'll be hes no getting a game at wolves, hes coming to Hibs on loan.

archiebald
12-01-2011, 05:48 PM
I blame Darren Jackson :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
12-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Thats right, finally we can put and end to any rumours involving him, he's signing for Wolves and is having his medical with them tomorrow afternoon, would have loved to see him sign for us but im delighted for him, and think he'll score a fair few goals down south. :agree:

Huge step up from Scottish 1st Division to EPL.... He showed on Sunday a nasty streak when frustrated, he will not be allowed to do that at Wolves under McCarthy.....

Miller33
12-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Bagsy being your +1

Road trip!!!!

blackpoolhibs
12-01-2011, 09:23 PM

I had a ticket to watch Liverpool tonight, but gave it away. Now if Dalglish was playing i'd have made the effort. I watched the game indoors though, much warmer and a decent result for the better pool. :greengrin

Newhaven
12-01-2011, 09:27 PM
I had a ticket to watch Liverpool tonight, but gave it away. Now if Dalglish was playing i'd have made the effort. I watched the game indoors though, much warmer and a decent result for the better pool. :greengrin

How you doing Blackpool?
Great result for the seasiders tonight - was the social club rocking with the angry barman :thumbsup:

Just text Diane to say that when the weaker pool went one up all you could hear was the Seasiders chanting for Holloway. Good memories :aok:

Hibs On Tour
12-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Are they allowed being in administration?

Not according to this...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee/9359906.stm

Ritchie
13-01-2011, 08:00 AM
Road trip!!!!

oooo yes!! :thumbsup:

Miller33
13-01-2011, 12:13 PM

Haha I watched it aswell, We got worse as the game went on, started well though, players like Poulsen and Jovanovic are hopeless haha I wouldnt take Poulsen at Hibs, genuinely!

Gus
13-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Im sure i read that as Dundee have a transfer embargo they are unable to resign him on loan for the rest of the season. This was Wolves preferred option as they do not beleive he his ready to challenge their first team yet.

Sooooo

would it not make sense for Rod to get him on loan for the 2nd half of the season. Score goals for us & he gets SPL experience which will benefit him and Wolves for the championship next season

hibee92
13-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Im sure i read that as Dundee have a transfer embargo they are unable to resign him on loan for the rest of the season. This was Wolves preferred option as they do not beleive he his ready to challenge their first team yet.

Sooooo

would it not make sense for Rod to get him on loan for the 2nd half of the season. Score goals for us & he gets SPL experience which will benefit him and Wolves for the championship next season

I'd rather sign a player for our own rather than looking for players on loan at the moment. If we can't strengthen permanently then obviously a temporary deal or two would be beneficial but I'd stray away from having even more players leaving at the end of the season :agree: Adam Rooney for me :agree:

steviecarnie
13-01-2011, 06:45 PM
he's just updated facebook - "after a long day....its finally done.! I can now call wolves HOME !!!" no loan back then

good luck sparky

harryboldo
13-01-2011, 08:19 PM
What a waste of good talent! He'll never get a game for them when Mr.Fletcher himself isn't even getting one. If he had any sense he would have come to a club like hibs use us a stepping like many others. His own fault.
p.s hes a fanny anyway:greengrin

Springbank
13-01-2011, 08:21 PM
What a waste of good talent! He'll never get a game for them when Mr.Fletcher himself isn't even getting one. If he had any sense he would have come to a club like hibs use us a stepping like many others. His own fault.

I've got a bad cold at the moment, but even I can smell :jamboclow

steviecarnie
13-01-2011, 08:22 PM

know him personally do you?? seems to me your the one being a fanny here!!

HibeeMcGinn1
13-01-2011, 08:42 PM

mum and dad related?

sesoim
13-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Good. Now hopefully we can stop hearing about him and start hearing about folk that ARE likely to be joining Hibs.

murraymckirdy
14-01-2011, 06:45 PM

Mr. Fletcher is injured atm so thats why he isny getting a game :asshole::clown:

IWasThere2016
14-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Good. Now hopefully we can stop hearing about him and start hearing about folk that ARE likely to be joining Hibs.

Correct - he was never coming to Hibs.

sleeping giant
14-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Correct - he was never coming to Hibs.

Any suspicions who might be ?

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2011, 02:36 PM
How you doing Blackpool?
Great result for the seasiders tonight - was the social club rocking with the angry barman :thumbsup:

Just text Diane to say that when the weaker pool went one up all you could hear was the Seasiders chanting for Holloway. Good memories :aok:

Not bad pal, not bad. How are you? Yes the seasiders are doing fine, although a bad result yesterday. Good news, the angry barmans been sacked. :greengrin I Saw Diane yesterday, she was well pissed off at the Hibs. :boo hoo:

Miller33
17-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Turns out Leigh hasnt played his last game for Dundee and has been given permission from Wolves to play his final game for the club this Saturday before completing his switch to Wolves...

latapy10
17-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Turns out Leigh hasnt played his last game for Dundee and has been given permission from Wolves to play his final game for the club this Saturday before completing his switch to Wolves...
griffiths isnt a done deal yet he has been told up his fitness levels in the next week or the deals off he has singned his part but wolves havent singed thers.

Dunbar Hibee
17-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Don't want to open this rumour back up .. but was told to 'watch this space' with Sparky as he implied he could be coming to Hibs on loan from Wolves till the end of the season by someone who knows him.:rolleyes: Probably a load of pish like but there has been rumours Wolves are loaning him out...

Miller33
18-01-2011, 10:13 AM
griffiths isnt a done deal yet he has been told up his fitness levels in the next week or the deals off he has singned his part but wolves havent singed thers.

It isnt a done deal because Dundee wanted Leigh to play one more game for them this weekend, Leigh also wanted this so Wolves agreed to wait until after this weekend to complete the move, He's been training with Wolves this week but will return to Dundee's squad for Saturdays game, theres nothing wrong with his fitness levels, dont know where some people get this rubbish.

Don't want to open this rumour back up .. but was told to 'watch this space' with Sparky as he implied he could be coming to Hibs on loan from Wolves till the end of the season by someone who knows him.:rolleyes: Probably a load of pish like but there has been rumours Wolves are loaning him out...

Its actually not a load of pish, your right to "watch this space"... thats all im saying just now though!

Hibee87
18-01-2011, 10:19 AM

I read at the weekend dundee wanted this to happen but they have a ban on singning players or somthing.

St j's looekd to have snapped him up till the end of the season but hibs and supposidly hearts are ready to scupper the move. canny mind where i read this but was defo either sat or sunday.

Miller33
18-01-2011, 10:22 AM
I read at the weekend dundee wanted this to happen but they have a ban on singning players or somthing.

St j's looekd to have snapped him up till the end of the season but hibs and supposidly hearts are ready to scupper the move. canny mind where i read this but was defo either sat or sunday.

Dundee had wanted him to come back on loan but couldnt make it happen due to their transfer embargo not being lifted.

You read the St Johnstone bit on BBC but a deal with them is far from done, and their are other places that Leigh would like to go before St Johnstone ;)

Dunbar Hibee
18-01-2011, 04:49 PM
It isnt a done deal because Dundee wanted Leigh to play one more game for them this weekend, Leigh also wanted this so Wolves agreed to wait until after this weekend to complete the move, He's been training with Wolves this week but will return to Dundee's squad for Saturdays game, theres nothing wrong with his fitness levels, dont know where some people get this rubbish.

Its actually not a load of pish, your right to "watch this space"... thats all im saying just now though!

:aok: Ok mate, maybe my source is a bit more reliable than I thought !:greengrin

steviecarnie
18-01-2011, 05:28 PM
It isnt a done deal because Dundee wanted Leigh to play one more game for them this weekend,

he's suspended i read? 3 match ban