PDA

View Full Version : Grounds away "with immediate effect"

GloryGlory
12-01-2011, 09:46 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110112/player-update_2262950_2264482

Bottom of report.

LB for Saturday? Hanlon, Booth or Murray?

jdships
12-01-2011, 10:01 AM

Bottom of report.

One of these players where , for me, "the jury's still out"
Would like to have seen him in a better Hibs team - still the lad will have gained some usefull experience .
Will be interesting to see how he makes out "back home" :flag:

Andy74
12-01-2011, 10:11 AM

Bottom of report.

I think Hanlon is needed at centre half so we will either be moving Murray back and trying a new midfield set up with McBride coming back or maybe Thicot going in there or Booth will be given a shot.

Plenty seem convinced he is better than what we've had there so it will be good to have a look.

JimBHibees
12-01-2011, 10:14 AM
I think Hanlon is needed at centre half so we will either be moving Murray back and trying a new midfield set up with McBride coming back or maybe Thicot going in there or Booth will be given a shot.

Plenty seem convinced he is better than what we've had there so it will be good to have a look.

Remembering also that Miller is suspended for next 2 league games I would hope that he has been released due to us lining up someone else as options not great allowing for Booths lack of experience.

ahibby
12-01-2011, 10:15 AM
I never so him make a good pass, those of you who have are very lucky.

Ritchie
12-01-2011, 10:19 AM
thanks for nothing Johnathan :bye:

hibby67
12-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Remembering also that Miller is suspended for next 2 league games I would hope that he has been released due to us lining up someone else as options not great allowing for Booths lack of experience.

how is he ever going to get experience if he does not get a chance.
this is a game that we are not expected to win (if any).......

i would give him a chance tell him to go out and make a name for himself.
all this talk about it might set the young boys back is a load of tosh IMHO.
most teanagers i know are full of themself and very confident.

not knowing the lad i'm sure he is the same and if cc can tell him not to worry about any mistake and just enjoy himself you never know might have the game of his life. but we wont know until he gets a shot, same goes for Byrne and any of the other youngsters

Sir David Gray
12-01-2011, 10:27 AM
In the long run, I don't believe he will be much of a loss but in the short term, his return to Middlesbrough might pose a few problems.

Team for Celtic now?

Brown

Booth
Hanlon
Dickoh
Hart

Galbraith
Murray
de Graaf
Zemmama

Riordan
Duffy

SUBS

Smith
Thicot
Stevenson
Rankin
McBride
Wotherspoon
Trakys

JimBHibees
12-01-2011, 10:30 AM
how is he ever going to get experience if he does not get a chance.
this is a game that we are not expected to win (if any).......

i would give him a chance tell him to go out and make a name for himself.
all this talk about it might set the young boys back is a load of tosh IMHO.
most teanagers i know are full of themself and very confident.

not knowing the lad i'm sure he is the same and if cc can tell him not to worry about any mistake and just enjoy himself you never know might have the game of his life. but we wont know until he gets a shot, same goes for Byrne and any of the other youngsters

Hear what you are saying and from the very limited highlights of the u19s on the tv he looks a promising player however there is a massive jump between playing for Brechin and playing against Celtic and I think I would be looking for someone a little more experienced at present. Ultimately CC will make the call based on what he sees in training and bounce games etc.

Ritchie
12-01-2011, 10:31 AM
In the long run, I don't believe he will be much of a loss but in the short term, his return to Middlesbrough might pose a few problems.

Team for Celtic now?

Brown

Booth
Hanlon
Dickoh
Hart

Galbraith
Murray
de Graaf
Zemmama

Riordan
Duffy

SUBS

Smith
Thicot
Stevenson
Rankin
McBride
Wotherspoon
Trakys

i think Thicot will get the nod over hart (hopefully)

Stevie Reid
12-01-2011, 10:31 AM
I have to say that I realy thought that last Saturday was a great opportunity to give Booth a start - a game at ER in front of a big (!) crowd against the level of opposition that he's been used to playing against, and one where we were never going to be under the cosh for 90 minutes (though Ayr obviously had their moments).

Booth is the future and Grounds never was, Saturday was a missed opportunity IMO - with the importance and high pressure attached to our next few league games (or possibly all of our remaining league games), CC should've taken the chance to play him before now.

IanM
12-01-2011, 10:32 AM
i think Thicot will get the nod over hart (hopefully)
agree - whats happened to Stephens?

Cropley10
12-01-2011, 10:37 AM
I have to say that I realy thought that last Saturday was a great opportunity to give Booth a start - a game at ER in front of a big (!) crowd against the level of opposition that he's been used to playing against, and one where we were never going to be under the cosh for 90 minutes (though Ayr obviously had their moments).

Booth is the future and Grounds never was, Saturday was a missed opportunity IMO - with the importance and high pressure attached to our next few league games (or possibly all of our remaining league games), CC should've taken the chance to play him before now.

:agree:

blackpoolhibs
12-01-2011, 10:40 AM

:agree: I cant see how he can play his first game against Celtic, if he was not trusted to play against a 2nd division side?

GreenCastle
12-01-2011, 10:46 AM
His form recently has been poor - think he knew that.

He played better in the Derby (the goal was his man but the ball should have never got there in the first place).

He started off the season promising but I agree that is passing has put us under pressure recently.

The good news now is we can if we want get 2 players in on loan if needed.

Correct me if I am wrong - but you can only loan 2 players from England at a time ?

PISTOL1875
12-01-2011, 10:52 AM
IIRC Paul Hanlon was switched to LB in the last 10 or so minutes on Saturday with Grounds moving to CB.. I thought that this is something we might see this weekend..

With Grounds now away , I think Murray will play at CB , Hanlon at LB and McBride to step in and take Murray's place at CM..

euro Hibby
12-01-2011, 11:01 AM
hopefully our Dutch box to box man will be on the bench......

Bad Martini
12-01-2011, 11:06 AM
No loss IMHO...the only semi-decent game he had was ironically against the yams.

.Sean.
12-01-2011, 11:47 AM
No loss, thought he was poor though. Leaves us short of an 'established' left back. Ian Murray, Hanlon, Stevenson and young Callum can all play there, although I think they all have better positions.

down-the-slope
12-01-2011, 12:02 PM
With Murray and Riorden injured I think some of the team selections are optimistic

Good to see Lewis Honer given a deal way beyond the time he can play U19....good we still have more coming through we think are worth keeping on

basehibby
12-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Good luck to grounds although we won't miss him IMO - although solid enough in defence, he never struck me as a David Murphy-esque diamond in the dust, so we're better off giving the likes of Booth a chance to shine now he's had a bit of experience on loan.

Storar
12-01-2011, 12:56 PM
No loss, thought he was poor though. Leaves us short of an 'established' left back. Ian Murray, Hanlon, Stevenson and young Callum can all play there, although I think they all have better positions.

What position do you (and Callum) think is his best? I just assumed he was a left back

PC Stamp
12-01-2011, 01:03 PM
What position do you (and Callum) think is his best? I just assumed he was a left back

Boothy himself says LB is what he considers his preferred position!

JimBHibees
12-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Boothy himself says LB is what he considers his preferred position!

Dont you just love footballers nicknames, surname with a y added works every time. :greengrin

jgl07
12-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Dont you just love footballers nicknames, surname with a y added works every time. :greengrin

Not with Riordan!

Have Hibs any Grounds for complaint?

PC Stamp
12-01-2011, 01:50 PM

:greengrin

Well ...

Apart from ...

Murray-y.

Riordany? nah!

Hanlony? nah! Though maybe Pauly!

Millary? Liamy neither!

Zemmamay?

Duffy-y? Darryly?

Damn ... it's a myth! :boo hoo:

Albion Hibs
12-01-2011, 02:50 PM
As I said on another thread last night Grounds wont play for us again. I think he may push Hanlon to LB and move Murray to CH alongside Dickoh if he is not injured.

Perhaps that was part of the reason for McBride getting a half at the weekend. I know he is down in Newcastle for the bounce match. There is going to have to be a reshuffle, he may even want to keep Murray in the middle of the park and play Stephens.

I dont think we have anything to loose at the weekend so depending on the character of Booth I think I would be half tempted to play him at LB, maybe even LM with Murray behind him.

In any event looks like the team sheet may be the afternoons first excitement!

blackpoolhibs
12-01-2011, 02:53 PM
As I said on another thread last night Grounds wont play for us again. I think he may push Hanlon to LB and move Murray to CH alongside Dickoh if he is not injured.

Perhaps that was part of the reason for McBride getting a half at the weekend. I know he is down in Newcastle for the bounce match. There is going to have to be a reshuffle, he may even want to keep Murray in the middle of the park and play Stephens.

I dont think we have anything to loose at the weekend so depending on the character of Booth I think I would be half tempted to play him at LB, maybe even LM with Murray behind him.

In any event looks like the team sheet may be the afternoons first excitement!

Yet when i was tempted to play him on saturday, against a 2nd division side, it was a ludicrous suggestion. :confused:

.Sean.
12-01-2011, 02:58 PM
What position do you (and Callum) think is his best? I just assumed he was a left backHe's a very good full-back and he himself considers himself as one. He has however been playing LM at Brechin and I feel he's a better player in that position. But don't get me wrong, he still wouldn't disapoint at left-back.

Albion Hibs
12-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Yet when i was tempted to play him on saturday, against a 2nd division side, it was a ludicrous suggestion. :confused:

You seem to be chasing me with this comment, you obviously feel you have a point! I have replied on another thread so will not bother do so on here.

Supraninja
12-01-2011, 03:03 PM
:greengrin

Well ...

Apart from ...

Murray-y.

Riordany? nah!

Hanlony? nah! Though maybe Pauly!

Millary? Liamy neither!

Zemmamay?

Duffy-y? Darryly?

Damn ... it's a myth! :boo hoo:

I feel like Hughes would have gotten away with all of those.

blackpoolhibs
12-01-2011, 03:06 PM
You seem to be chasing me with this comment, you obviously feel you have a point! I have replied on another thread so will not bother do so on here.

I am not chasing you anywhere, i'm pointing out the contradictions in YOUR answers to MY posts?

Golden Bear
12-01-2011, 03:15 PM
More here. Plus a wee bit extra Hibs news.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9359108.stm

Winston Ingram
12-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Johnny - ye were gash:bye:

Alfred E Newman
12-01-2011, 06:51 PM

Team for Celtic now?

Brown

Booth
Hanlon
Dickoh
Hart

Galbraith
Murray
de Graaf
Zemmama

Riordan
Duffy

SUBS

Smith
Thicot
Stevenson
Rankin
McBride
Wotherspoon
Trakys

Just the midfield to get stuck in aboot Celtic. When you see our entire squad in print it makes me even more depressed.

007 Mickey Weir
12-01-2011, 08:44 PM
I think we have nothing to lose in this game. We are expected to lose So getting anything is a bonus. Time to give Booth a go. Also if Deeks doesn't make it I would give Byrne a run out. He would try his heart out against that lot.

Brown

Booth
Hanlon
Dickoh
Hart

Galbraith
Murray(McBride if injured)
Wotherspoon
Zemmama

Riordan(Byrne if injured)
Duffy

SUBS

Smith
Thicot
Stevenson
Byrne
McBride
De Graff
Trakys

(Add Horner and Nish if there are injuries)

snooky
12-01-2011, 09:19 PM
hopefully our Dutch box to box man will be on the bench......

... on the Amsterdam ferry. :cool2: