PDA

View Full Version : So, Celtic on Saturday.

Diclonius
12-01-2011, 01:51 AM
Have we got a chance?

steakbake
12-01-2011, 02:04 AM
Yes. A bit of belief needed. We've everything to play for. I'd take a result over a performance right now. I don't care if it's not pretty but it be great to take some points from them then kick on to turn the season around.

1two
12-01-2011, 07:43 AM
Put a few 'heavy' tackles in and get Lenny and the team wound up early is the way to go about it

PaulSmith
12-01-2011, 07:51 AM
I think we'll do well on Saturday as the job is fairly obvious in that we need to defend well and Celtic will also give us more time on the ball.

A sneaky late winner for the cabbage.

Hibbyradge
12-01-2011, 07:58 AM
I'm going more in hope than expectation.

Celtic will smell blood after their win at Ibrox and I don't think we've got enough to hold them.

A comfortable win for the smellies is most likely, imo.

Stranger things have happened though.

BT58
12-01-2011, 08:04 AM
I'd play a 4-1-4-1 formation
Brown

Thicot. Dikot. Stephens. Hanlon.
Mcbride

Wotherspoon zouma Murray deeks

Duffy
I know this team will never happen
but what has happened to stephens???
He's young and raw,, but has he not played
with Norwich and some other club???
He surely can't be any worse than what have
played for us already!!!!

Hibbyradge
12-01-2011, 08:08 AM
I'd play a 4-1-4-1 formation
Brown

Thicot. Dikot. Stephens. Hanlon.
Mcbride

Wotherspoon zouma Murray deeks

Duffy
I know this team will never happen
but what has happened to stephens???

He's young and raw,,

but has he not played
with Norwich and some other club???
He surely can't be any worse than what have
played for us already!!!!

I think you have answered your own question.

BT58
12-01-2011, 08:23 AM
I think you have answered your own question.

Ok dave,,,,,
But,, but brown, whitty, kt, were all given
a chance when they were 18/19
if your good enough your in,, now I don't
want us to play the whole team of youngsters
but,, but these guys are hungry for success
Well hopefully anyway,,until CC brings his players in
why not give him or others a chance
I'm sure the fans would back a team with potential
Rather than a team going through the motions

Hibbyradge
12-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Ok dave,,,,,
But,, but brown, whitty, kt, were all given
a chance when they were 18/19
if your good enough your in,, now I don't
want us to play the whole team of youngsters
but,, but these guys are hungry for success
Well hopefully anyway,,until CC brings his players in
why not give him or others a chance

Presumably because, given that he's "young and raw", he's not good enough.

The fans will back a winning team.

They might forgive a team which tries hard and is unlucky, but the age of the players won't save them from criticism if they keep loosing.

Paul Hanlon has just turned 21. I have already seen people slating him.

Putting youngsters in at the deep could ruin their confidence for the rest of their career. They need nurtured and protected.

Another 20 year old in central defence wouldn't be good for the team or for the player, imo.

Ritchie
12-01-2011, 08:35 AM
on paper we dont have a chance but anything can happen.

you just need to remember our recent trip to Ibrox.

Baldy Foghorn
12-01-2011, 08:44 AM
on paper we dont have a chance but anything can happen.

you just need to remember our recent trip to Ibrox.

Spot on, maybe this is the game to turn the season around.....

JackRegan
12-01-2011, 09:46 AM
As has been the case in recent years, the game will be very tight and I can see it being a draw.

With Hooper injured we lack a real cutting edge, even if Samaras is fit we'll still struggle to score as Stokes is really not performing at all.

Also, while Ljunberg is a good addition we could still have done with Kapo as he looked the part in his 2 appearances as we still struggle sometimes to create chances.

Having said that, we do look well drilled and organised if a bit dull at times.

I'm going for 0-0.

JimBHibees
12-01-2011, 11:39 AM
Think it will be a low scoring game with not much in it. We will miss the suspended Miller in this sort of game IMO.

Sir David Gray
12-01-2011, 11:40 AM
It would be typical of Hibs, after having our worst start to a season in 13 years and failing to beat a second division side at home in the cup the previous week, to play Celtic on Saturday and get something out of the match.

I'm not going to predict a Hibs victory, or even a draw, but it wouldn't overly surprise me, in a warped sort of way.

On paper, Celtic should really be looking to win 3 or 4-0 on Saturday, and maybe that'll happen, I just want to see Hibs being competitive, that would be a good start.

Spike Mandela
12-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Ideally we need Celtic winning tonight whilst sustaining injuries to crucial players and having a couple sent off.

Then we might get a draw:devil:

Cropley10
12-01-2011, 11:54 AM
As has been the case in recent years, the game will be very tight and I can see it being a draw.

With Hooper injured we lack a real cutting edge, even if Samaras is fit we'll still struggle to score as Stokes is really not performing at all.

Stokes isn't performing - any ideas why that might be?

Also is Lenny banned from the touchline or no?

Sir David Gray
12-01-2011, 11:57 AM

Sky Sports News just said that he starts his 6 match touchline ban tonight against Hamilton but yesterday it was reported that the ban wouldn't kick in until the 18th January. :confused:

Bad Martini
12-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Sky Sports News just said that he starts his 6 match touchline ban tonight against Hamilton but yesterday it was reported that the ban wouldn't kick in until the 18th January. :confused:

As per normal, celtic are appealing.

JackRegan
12-01-2011, 12:54 PM

Stokes is not performing in my opinion for a few reasons , but mainly:

1.) His work rate is poor and he is doing that thing infuriating forwards do and that is putting his two hands towards his feet and mouthing "play it to my feet".

2.) His general attitude. He does not look like a happy player in what is a happy dressing room.

And Lennon has, rightly IMO appealled his 6 match touchline ban, o he will be in the dugout at Easter Road. Rightly in the sense that Walter Nosurname who must never be criticised got a 4 match ban, depsite previous and despite actually pushing the 4th official twice when trying to square up to Paatelainen AND flouting it by being caught on TV in the tunnel while banned. Twice.

Having said that, a wee ban for a few games (going by precedence it should be 4)will not be bad thing IMO.

JackRegan
12-01-2011, 12:55 PM
As per normal, celtic are appealing.

We always have been. Glad you think so too. :thumbsup:

paxtonhibby
12-01-2011, 01:01 PM
Cos its on telly and against the smells we willprobably put in a great performance and scrape something,heres hoping anyway.

basehibby
12-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Yes - we always have a chance. In fact, strangely enough, I feel more confident going into this than I did for the cup match vs Ayr - for some reason this current squad seem to be able to raise their game against the OF while being incapable of producing a performance against any team they're supposed to be beating comfortably :confused:

silverhibee
12-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Stokes is not performing in my opinion for a few reasons , but mainly:

1.) His work rate is poor and he is doing that thing infuriating forwards do and that is putting his two hands towards his feet and mouthing "play it to my feet".

2.) His general attitude. He does not look like a happy player in what is a happy dressing room.
And Lennon has, rightly IMO appealled his 6 match touchline ban, o he will be in the dugout at Easter Road. Rightly in the sense that Walter Nosurname who must never be criticised got a 4 match ban, depsite previous and despite actually pushing the 4th official twice when trying to square up to Paatelainen AND flouting it by being caught on TV in the tunnel while banned. Twice.

Having said that, a wee ban for a few games (going by precedence it should be 4)will not be bad thing IMO.

C'mon Jack you can spill the beans about Stokes, :greengrin, i hear he is a massive hit with the celtc squad, not, wee may miss his goals but i think Hibs done the right thing by getting rid of him, he wasn't the most liked player in our changing room.

JackRegan
12-01-2011, 03:07 PM
C'mon Jack you can spill the beans about Stokes, :greengrin, i hear he is a massive hit with the celtc squad, not, wee may miss his goals but i think Hibs done the right thing by getting rid of him, he wasn't the most liked player in our changing room.

Don't know any details but I know he's struggled to fit in. The British and Irish players think he's a clown and the foreign contingent just don't get him at all, to the point where one (Hooiveld) is astounded that he's a footballer at all. Although I am astounded that Hooiveld is a footballer as well.

source being an ex Celtic and Hibs player.

HighlandHibby
14-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Im coming all the way down from the north on my big shiny bike .. hoping cellik only score 3 or this 1 could be a rugby score lol CC OUT

new malkyhib
14-01-2011, 11:24 PM

Also, while Ljunberg is a good addition we could still have done with Kapo as he looked the part in his 2 appearances as we still struggle sometimes to create chances.

Having said that, we do look well drilled and organised if a bit dull at times.

I'm going for 0-0.

I think Hibs will sneak a surprise win. We'll need a few borderline decisions from the ref, though.

Jim44
14-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Im coming all the way down from the north on my big shiny bike .. hoping cellik only score 3 or this 1 could be a rugby score lol CC OUT

:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

Hibs07p
15-01-2011, 08:02 AM

Possibly with a big "shiny helmet" in the saddle. :asshole:

Leithenhibby
15-01-2011, 11:06 AM

Clown !!.. :rolleyes: