PDA

View Full Version : should they get a chance?

JACK_HFC
11-01-2011, 09:17 PM
i dunno bout you lot, but personally after watching hibs do so poorly all the time id like to see some new faces!
I think our young players like byrne, stephens, booth etc.. deserve a chance in the first team?:agree:
Couldmt possibly be worse than what we currently have to sit and watch :grr:

ideas?

also colin nish turning down a move away!!! WHY? if nish really supports hibs he should do the team a favour and disappear!
:taxi

Albion Hibs
11-01-2011, 09:26 PM
I think Booth deserves a shot and I think he will get it sooner rather than later. Think he can do a job for us at LB. Bryne and Stephens will no doubt also get a go, but I am little more optimistic about Booth than the other two.

As for the Nish comment, probably no need for that!

JACK_HFC
11-01-2011, 09:30 PM
I think Booth deserves a shot and I think he will get it sooner rather than later. Think he can do a job for us at LB. Bryne and Stephens will no doubt also get a go, but I am little more optimistic about Booth than the other two.

Fair Enough

Please tell me your not sticking up for him? :confused:

Ed De Gramo
11-01-2011, 09:32 PM
i dunno bout you lot, but personally after watching hibs do so poorly all the time id like to see some new faces!
I think our young players like byrne, stephens, booth etc.. deserve a chance in the first team?:agree:

ideas?

also colin nish turning down a move away!!! WHY? if nish really supports hibs he should do the team a favour and disappear!

Your post was going so well until you brought up the last bit (already covered about 1 billion times*)

*slight exaggeration but jeezo all the same

Albion Hibs
11-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Please tell me your not sticking up for him? :confused:

Dont think it is really a case of sticking up, more just no need to stick the boot in. The guy came to Hibs with a good record, he has dont okay, not as good as what he would have wanted I am sure, and now he is getting ready to leave.

I hope he finds himself a good club and a set of fans that are behind him.

monktonharp
11-01-2011, 09:44 PM

As for the Nish comment, probably no need for that!some good reports about Booth(apparently) and hope he gets a go when Grounds is offski, but I would like to see young Byrne getting on the park sometime soon.next cup game would be ideal,imo

easty
11-01-2011, 09:48 PM
I haven't seen anything of Booth, though if he's a left back then I'd not be against giving him a run in the side. I'd get Byrne in and around the 1st team from now, start him on the bench obviously and get him some mins of Hibs first team football.

Stephens though I'm not so bothered about, I think Hanlon is a good player, better at CB than LB. I'd never play 2 inexperienced CB's together, stick with Dickoh and Hanlon for me. Stephens as back up as he is now.

Albion Hibs
11-01-2011, 10:07 PM
some good reports about Booth(apparently) and hope he gets a go when Grounds is offski, but I would like to see young Byrne getting on the park sometime soon.next cup game would be ideal,imo

I am looking foward to seeing him play, it is obviously a big step up and it may not be the best time to drop him in, but then again it may be the perfect time. I cant see Grounds playing for us again so rather than take Hanlon out of the CH slot I would be tempted to drop him in, against Celtic may not be the best, but lets be honest, even during a season we were playing well I would not be expecting a win, hoping maybe!

With regards to Bryne I am not so optimistic, but I think he could play a part, a striker that actually moves from the centre of the pitch would be nice, and is a critical part of the game we are missing, a striker down the channels to help get the rest of the team up the pitch is something every other team in the country has.

There shot will ultimatly depend on who, if anyone CC brings in. If I was him I would be looking for a CF and a decent CH to play with Hanlon.

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2011, 10:45 PM

Yet when i said it about saturdays game, you were against it. I suppose they are only ready when you say so eh? :confused:

BEEJ
11-01-2011, 11:08 PM

I was surprised that we didn't see even just one of them in the 16 for Saturday's cup match. Maybe CC will bring a youngster into the side for the replay?

ScottB
11-01-2011, 11:16 PM
Given our current form, and the amount of booing and the like going on, for me it's maybe not the best atmosphere to toss youngsters into, certainly not the Cup replay.

Maybe the Celtic game though, I mean we wouldn't normally expect anything from it, so may as well give it a shot.

Speedy
11-01-2011, 11:24 PM

ideas?

I haven't seen enough of the youngsters to suggest they are/aren't any better than the current first team but if they were good enough then I don't know why they wouldn't have been given a chance.

I agree with the other poster re. the Nish comment. Hibs offered him a contract and he is entitled to stay until his contract is up or both parties agree to end it. I don't really agree with criticising a player for not wanting to move away when they are under contract, especially when the only offer is in China.

monktonharp
11-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Given our current form, and the amount of booing and the like going on, for me it's maybe not the best atmosphere to toss youngsters into, certainly not the Cup replay.

Maybe the Celtic game though, I mean we wouldn't normally expect anything from it, so may as well give it a shot.I think the cup game would be exactly the right time,they would be playing against a few youngsters that would love to be at a bigger club,but dont quite have what our boys have.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-01-2011, 11:56 PM
not sure that we are likely to face many games where the youngsters could feature. If we beat ayr and then face peterhead, i would still like to see our strongest team. Perhaps if we are middle bottom six come season end with nowt to play for, but i'd rather not see that.

Septimus
12-01-2011, 07:34 AM
There has to be a balanced approach and blooding youngsters should be part of that. There seems to be little point in training boys up if they are going to be perpetually sidelined.

Albion Hibs
12-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Yet when i said it about saturdays game, you were against it. I suppose they are only ready when you say so eh? :confused:

Last week we had another LB, like him or loath him. In the absence of that, and my aim being not to move every player around the pitch into a new position, I would give him a go. It depends on how the club think he can take it. There is no point chucking him in against the best attacking team in the league and destroying his confidence for the rest of the season, so I will leave it up to those who know him best as an individual.

I trust that satisfies your comment?

blackpoolhibs
12-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Last week we had another LB, like him or loath him. In the absence of that, and my aim being not to move every player around the pitch into a new position, I would give him a go. It depends on how the club think he can take it. There is no point chucking him in against the best attacking team in the league and destroying his confidence for the rest of the season, so I will leave it up to those who know him best as an individual.

I trust that satisfies your comment?

The club will have known Grounds was going back to Middlebourgh, my suggestion booth could play on saturday was ridiculed by you the exact words were ( Booth has never touched a ball for the first team so good idea dropping him straight into the starting 11) Its a good idea now, what 4 days after?

Albion Hibs
12-01-2011, 03:46 PM
The club will have known Grounds was going back to Middlebourgh, my suggestion booth could play on saturday was ridiculed by you the exact words were ( Booth has never touched a ball for the first team so good idea dropping him straight into the starting 11) Its a good idea now, what 4 days after?

Think I was pretty clear, but will go over again. Last week we had a left back that has played since the start of the season. This weekend we do not. There has been a complete change in circumstance, therefore it is not a contradiction. If I had stated that Booth should play 5 mins after the post you say I sent last week, that would have been a contradiction.

The situation is today we do not have Grounds to play, if we did I would not be suggesting to play booth. However, that is not the case and as a result the team will have to change. I am sure you can see this and therefore agree?

Further to that I have stated below I would leave it to the management to decided if his is ready. As he has not kicked a ball for us I dont know how he will cope. I do would not want a young prospect coming into the team getting turned over all game in front of what will hopefully be a big crowd / a game on TV and as a result his progress goes backwards.

Simply put last week we had Grounds, this week we dont. We now need to fill a space, last week we did not. If he can do a job and slot in there I would be tempted to do that rather than re-shuffle everyone’s position.

blackpoolhibs
12-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Think I was pretty clear, but will go over again. Last week we had a left back that has played since the start of the season. This weekend we do not. There has been a complete change in circumstance, therefore it is not a contradiction. If I had stated that Booth should play 5 mins after the post you say I sent last week, that would have been a contradiction.

The situation is today we do not have Grounds to play, if we did I would not be suggesting to play booth. However, that is not the case and as a result the team will have to change. I am sure you can see this and therefore agree?

Further to that I have stated below I would leave it to the management to decided if his is ready. As he has not kicked a ball for us I dont know how he will cope. I do would not want a young prospect coming into the team getting turned over all game in front of what will hopefully be a big crowd / a game on TV and as a result his progress goes backwards.

Simply put last week we had Grounds, this week we dont. We now need to fill a space, last week we did not. If he can do a job and slot in there I would be tempted to do that rather than re-shuffle everyone’s position.

Simply put we had a 3rd tier club at home last week, but you said he had not played one 1st team game, and my suggestion to play him in that game was ridiculous. Now we don't have that loan player anymore, it would be fine to try him in that position. I think it would have been better to play him last week, and give him that game time, before throwing him in with no experience at all against the top of the SPL.

Albion Hibs
12-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Simply put we had a 3rd tier club at home last week, but you said he had not played one 1st team game, and my suggestion to play him in that game was ridiculous. Now we don't have that loan player anymore, it would be fine to try him in that position. I think it would have been better to play him last week, and give him that game time, before throwing him in with no experience at all against the top of the SPL.

Even more simply put....last week we had an option....this week we do not. Subject to how the manager wants to shuffle the team.

The fact Grounds was a loan player is irrelevant as for comparing last weeks game to this one, so is that. If Grounds was still here I would want him playing so having the benefit of hindsight to play him last week because he may start this week is, in my opinion, also irrelevant. If Grounds left before the Ayr game I may have suggested playing Booth then, but the fact of the matter is that was not the case.

I feel I have kind of made my point on this one, fair enough if you dont agree.

blackpoolhibs
12-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Even more simply put....last week we had an option....this week we do not. Subject to how the manager wants to shuffle the team.

The fact Grounds was a loan player is irrelevant as for comparing last weeks game to this one, so is that. If Grounds was still here I would want him playing so having the benefit of hindsight to play him last week because he may start this week is, in my opinion, also irrelevant. If Grounds left before the Ayr game I may have suggested playing Booth then, but the fact of the matter is that was not the case.

I feel I have kind of made my point on this one, fair enough if you dont agree.

And we don't have options now? Stevenson can play left back, but it was ridiculous to try Booth there last week, you said so, and sited the reason. He had never played a 1st team game. Now this week its fine. :confused:

Albion Hibs
12-01-2011, 06:29 PM
And we don't have options now? Stevenson can play left back, but it was ridiculous to try Booth there last week, you said so, and sited the reason. He had never played a 1st team game. Now this week its fine. :confused:

I cant remember the last time Stevenson played at LB. Our other options are Murray or Hanlon but as I have clearly said from the start I would rather no re-organise the team around one position. Of course Stevenson is an option, but following the Dundee Utd I saw him possibly playing alongside Murray in the middle in place of Miller who will be suspended. Rather than just talking about a position I was thinking about the team will look like at the weekend.

PLEASE NOTE the Thread title is "should they get a chance" I have said yes.

My point stands IF Grounds was still at Hibs I would play him at LB at the weekend, he is not. In response to the thread I have said yes he should be given a chance now the first choice is gone.

You are basing a comment last week on something said today under a materially different set of circumstances, to this end I dont feel you have a point other than some vague claim you think you have / are trying to prove based on piecing together unrelated bit of information / comments.

As I said before happy to agree to disagree.

blackpoolhibs
12-01-2011, 06:58 PM
I cant remember the last time Stevenson played at LB. Our other options are Murray or Hanlon but as I have clearly said from the start I would rather no re-organise the team around one position. Of course Stevenson is an option, but following the Dundee Utd I saw him possibly playing alongside Murray in the middle in place of Miller who will be suspended. Rather than just talking about a position I was thinking about the team will look like at the weekend.

PLEASE NOTE the Thread title is "should they get a chance" I have said yes.

My point stands IF Grounds was still at Hibs I would play him at LB at the weekend, he is not. In response to the thread I have said yes he should be given a chance now the first choice is gone.

You are basing a comment last week on something said today under a materially different set of circumstances, to this end I dont feel you have a point other than some vague claim you think you have / are trying to prove based on piecing together unrelated bit of information / comments.

As I said before happy to agree to disagree.

Kilmarnock at home., surprising you dont remember,and i do especially someone who goes to every game.

SmokieJoe
13-01-2011, 01:47 PM

ideas?

I agree for younger lads getting a chance, they will at least give it their all, if they make any mistakes, at least they will be honest ones.
Unfortunately, its is only now that Danny G is getting a regular start (his contract up in the summer? another one to walk away?) we have a genuine pace/skill/decent left peg, that we are creating more chances from the left (lets Deeks do the biz in the box).

As for big Nishy, we do have him to thank for his 5 goals in 4 days to get us into Europa qualifiers last season. but why can't he do that more than once a season?

Nish for CH!!! at least he wont be offside!!:stirrer:

HibeeMackenzie
13-01-2011, 06:53 PM
IMO we have nothing to lose against the smellies on saturday so if i was CC id consider bringing in a few of the youngsters : booth, byrne, horner, taggart and welsh would be top of my list

sesoim
13-01-2011, 11:00 PM
I'd like to see Booth introduced gradually to the team, maybe as a sub on the left of midfield a few times, before starting him at LB. My brother knows him and says he is a decent guy and I wouldn't want any youngster to get thrown in at the deep end when the crowd are (quite rightly) in a foul and abusive mood.

At the moment, if we aren't signing a new LB, I'd put Murray back there and put Thicot in CM in his place. Thicot has some good qualities but is dozy (like Bamba), so any mistakes he makes wouldn't be so costly if he was in midfield.