PDA

View Full Version : NHC Man City

down-the-slope
11-01-2011, 06:53 PM
i've lost count...

How many strikers do they now have and how much have they spent on them :confused:

Sir David Gray
11-01-2011, 07:04 PM
They have six strikers on the books of their first team, which have cost them around £140 million.

Estimated cost of each striker;

Dzeko-£27 million
Tevez-£25 million
Adebayor-£25 million
Balotelli-£24 million
Jo-£18 million
Santa Cruz-£17 million

Despite all that, there's still five teams in the Premiership who have scored more goals this season than Manchester City.

CB_NO3
11-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Bellamy, Jo, Balotelli, Tevez, the new boy, Roque Santa Cruz, Adebayour, Wright Phillips, Silva, Milner, Adam Johnson are all attacking options. Saying that Man Utd have just as many.

down-the-slope
11-01-2011, 07:14 PM
They have six strikers on the books of their first team, which have cost them around £140 million.

Dzeko-£27 million
Tevez-£25 million
Adebayor-£25 million
Balotelli-£24 million
Jo-£18 million
Santa Cruz-£17 million

Despite all that, there's still five teams in the Premiership who have scored more goals this season than Manchester City.

:faint:.thats just mental the cheapest of one of them is two and a half times Hibs annual turn over

fatbloke
11-01-2011, 07:19 PM
:faint:.thats just mental the cheapest of one of them is two and a half times Hibs annual turn over

This is why football is such a load of sheite these days. Make no mistake football is on horseback galloping straight to hell, sadly Scottish football is at the front!

marinello59
11-01-2011, 07:21 PM
This is why football is such a load of sheite these days. Make no mistake football is on horseback galloping straight to hell, sadly Scottish football is at the front!

If it was a pantomime horse the SFA would be wearing the back ends outfit.

PISTOL1875
11-01-2011, 07:28 PM

Dzeko-£27 million
Tevez-£25 million
Adebayor-£25 million
Balotelli-£24 million
Jo-£18 million
Santa Cruz-£17 million

All those highlighted will be away in the near future...

steviecarnie
11-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Bellamy, Jo, Balotelli, Tevez, the new boy, Roque Santa Cruz, Adebayour, Wright Phillips, Silva, Milner, Adam Johnson are all attacking options. Saying that Man Utd have just as many.

silva, milner and adam johnson are midfielders rather than out an out striker options. So 6 strikers with 5 available at the moment, same as United. Its the reason imo why arsenal/tottenham/chelsea wont win the league - no backup or other options, if drogba, defoe and chamack arent in form these teams will struggle.

HibbyAndy
11-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Jo for £18 million :hilarious

He is seriously good looking. I really fancy him.

Sylar
11-01-2011, 07:38 PM

And replaced with equally as expensive options no doubt. You have to feel for those enrolled in the Man City youth setup.

CB_NO3
11-01-2011, 07:39 PM
I know they are not strikers, hence why I said attacking options, but they do play upfront/out wide in a 4-3-3 which is a formation Man City play.

Sir David Gray
11-01-2011, 07:54 PM

Jo still has 18 months left on his contract, Adebayor has 3 and a half years left on his contract and Santa Cruz has 2 and a half years left.

They won't get anything like £17 or 18 million for Santa Cruz or Jo so they'll lose a lot of money on those players. They'll probably get a pretty big offer for Adebayor though.

steviecarnie
11-01-2011, 08:02 PM
And replaced with equally as expensive options no doubt. You have to feel for those enrolled in the Man City youth setup.

not likely as the uefa rules kick in next year, need to start making money, the sheikh has spent over £1bn since taking over and won SFA

frazeHFC
11-01-2011, 08:51 PM
And yet today SSN reported they have had a bid for Edison Cavani turned down, and his club (Napoli?) want £50m. :rolleyes:

3pm
11-01-2011, 09:56 PM
You cannae have enough forwards when you play 4-5-1.

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Jo still has 18 months left on his contract, Adebayor has 3 and a half years left on his contract and Santa Cruz has 2 and a half years left.

They won't get anything like £17 or 18 million for Santa Cruz or Jo so they'll lose a lot of money on those players. They'll probably get a pretty big offer for Adebayor though.

I'd have thought £6m-£7m tops. :dunno:

Sir David Gray
11-01-2011, 11:18 PM
I'd have thought £6m-£7m tops. :dunno:

They'll certainly not get anything like the £25 million that they paid to Arsenal, so they will make a pretty significant loss, but I'd expect them to get something in the region of £12 million. He's only going to be 27 next month, so he still has a few years in him yet and he also has a proven goalscoring record in the English Premiership with 61 goals in 113 starts in the league, over the past five years.

Also, as I said in my earlier post, he also still has a contract with Manchester City for the next three and a half years so that will also drive up the price.

Speedy
11-01-2011, 11:43 PM
They'll certainly not get anything like the £25 million that they paid to Arsenal, so they will make a pretty significant loss, but I'd expect them to get something in the region of £12 million. He's only going to be 27 next month, so he still has a few years in him yet and he also has a proven goalscoring record in the English Premiership with 61 goals in 113 starts in the league, over the past five years.

Also, as I said in my earlier post, he also still has a contract with Manchester City for the next three and a half years so that will also drive up the price.

I'm not so sure it will. It might but surely that only works when the club actually want to keep the player?

Lucius Apuleius
12-01-2011, 04:47 AM
not likely as the uefa rules kick in next year, need to start making money, the sheikh has spent over £1bn since taking over and won SFA

How long ago did he buy them? Not had a full season IIRC. They will win something, maybe not this year, but sometime soon.

steviecarnie
12-01-2011, 07:40 AM
How long ago did he buy them? Not had a full season IIRC. They will win something, maybe not this year, but sometime soon.

this is the second full season, came in the summer of 09.

Lucius Apuleius
12-01-2011, 08:16 AM
this is the second full season, came in the summer of 09.

Was it as long ago as that??? Bloody hell time flies. I was sure it was after the season started he came in.